PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss an update on Ballard?

ebick
02-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Did he make the injury worse when he was testing the cut?

krygny
02-07-2012, 11:02 AM
I heard that he has a "meniscus issue" in one knee and a PCL tear in the other. Maybe he'll be at the parade but I assume he'll have to have both knees scoped pretty much right away.

Beckum has an ACL tear.

Tight ends are the "in" weapons now. Regardless of whether either Beckum or Ballard are our answers, we better get a lot stronger at linebacker to counter the threat and I mean linebackers who can drop into coverage. Maybe even a safety/linebacker hybrid type of player.

AngryAZN
02-07-2012, 11:07 AM
Both of these guys are gone. They will not be resigned. Bear Pascoe will be have a shot at being the starter next season.

BleedNYblue
02-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Both of these guys are gone. They will not be resigned. Bear Pascoe will be have a shot at being the starter next season.
I really don't follow college football. Is there a tight end the Giants could draft, or go free agency. After Ballard went down, it was like we went right back to tight end issues.

giantsfan39
02-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Jake ballard will not be gone. I think the Giants realize his role should be as a blocking TE (and to catch a few passes).

I think we draft a TE high and keep ballard as #2.

A 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB set could be a staple of this offense in the future imo especially if Manningham walks.

JJC7301
02-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Jake ballard will not be gone. I think the Giants realize his role should be as a blocking TE (and to catch a few passes).

I think we draft a TE high and keep ballard as #2.

A 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB set could be a staple of this offense in the future imo especially if Manningham walks.
</P>

Ballard's role should be as a blocking TE? Well, that's what they originally thought they were getting with him, but didn't Ballard rack up over 600 yards before getting injured? He averaged 15.9YPC, which was even more than Nicks's 15.7 YPC.</P>

Why is everyone so insistent that he's gone? I STRONGLY think he stays (unless injuries are too serious) because he's not going to cost much money and he's productive. Pascoe is a fine # 2, as well as a part time FB. He's not going to get some crazy contract like Boss did. Ballard is staying, if healthy.</P>