PDA

View Full Version : I have a funny feeling (returning players)

Tony Bruno
02-07-2012, 12:26 PM
That we are going to go into next season with most of the same faces... I think the players will adjust and try to make as much room as possible... I really cant see anyone being a pest as I think they are truly family... I think we may have to adjust a bit but all in all I look for the same faces to return... Or hope so for that matter...

JJC7301
02-07-2012, 12:43 PM
I agree.

bLuereverie
02-07-2012, 12:49 PM
It's a romantic notion that players will return to their winning team with open arms and lower pay. However, it's the NFL. One injury and their career can be done. Many of these free agents have earned the right to seek more desirable contracts.

If some of these guys are to return for significant amounts of pay, it'd have to be probably through guaranteed money that gets paid during the 2012 season.

Giants just can't afford to give larger contracts with the potential for dead money if cut to this year's class as the vital players come off contract in 2013/14.

G-Man67
02-07-2012, 12:52 PM
once agents get in their ears and remind them that their careers could end on one play and that they need to get as much money as possible for their familes ... i think all the romance goes out the window

still the more guys in the league that want to be a part of the Giants and winning, the better position we are in overall

CA Jints Fan
02-07-2012, 01:57 PM
Remember all of the injured player coming back...Austin, Goff, TT (I hope) Goff along with new class of solid draft picks could augment a solid team...

TuckYou
02-07-2012, 02:01 PM
I see someone dropping a large contract on Mario Manhamand Aaron Ross, one they cant refuse. I wouldnt blame him either, just like I didnt blame Boss or Gibril Wilson. Get that money while its hot. They did their job here and got us a title. Time to reload.

RoanokeFan
02-07-2012, 02:10 PM
That we are going to go into next season with most of the same faces... I think the players will adjust and try to make as much room as possible... I really cant see anyone being a pest as I think they are truly family... I think we may have to adjust a bit but all in all I look for the same faces to return... Or hope so for that matter...

Careful. The CAP is designed to make that nearly impossible. We have to selectively seek out those players, current and future, who can keep us in the hunt. We all wish these players could stay with us but with everything being motivated by economics it's just not a realistic expectation.

The people who we need to support are Jerry Reese, Tom Coughlin and their staffs along with the ownership of the New York Football Giants. These are the individuals who, year after year, are charged with putting the best team they can on the field.

Tony Bruno
02-08-2012, 03:34 PM

Careful. The CAP is designed to make that nearly impossible. We have to selectively seek out those players, current and future, who can keep us in the hunt. We all wish these players could stay with us but with everything being motivated by economics it's just not a realistic expectation.

The people who we need to support are Jerry Reese, Tom Coughlin and their staffs along with the ownership of the New York Football Giants. These are the individuals who, year after year, are charged with putting the best team they can on the field.
</P>

</P>

Im saying the core players more than less.. I think they will do what they can to keep them... I truley trust the FO and what the coaches will do... I wasnt as trustworthy at times but this year proved and this team proved that it aint over till its over... Id just really like to see some of these guys back.. I know that the agents will do what they can as they are commissioned as well... It is true that 1 play can change everything and get the money while its hot cause before you know it you could be a TO with more bills than income... Or a carrer ending play that you had better have a good backup plan in place if you didnt pursue the cash... </P>

</P>

I just want this team back to defend the title thats all... I think the draft will be huge for us nex year..</P>