PDA

View Full Version : Osi's Presence Allows Other To Be Beasts.

ikebibby91
02-07-2012, 12:09 PM
On almost all of the film I've seem Osi could get 1/2 sack credit because he's being double teamed and chipped like crazy. He looks like he's moving twice as fast as everyone else up front and yes JPP was right, The Giants front DID get into Brady's head. I hope they keep them plus Kiwi, Bernard and Canty together. They need a "NASCAR" Poster.

Voldamort
02-18-2012, 11:01 PM
his split is to far outside,he creates to many holes in the run game when he does that! How about a bull rush now and then? How about a swim move to the inside,twist with Canty?

Toadofsteel
02-19-2012, 12:48 AM
JPP has said he doesn't how little he gets paid as long as he gets to play with Osi and Tuck.

gmen0820
02-19-2012, 01:02 AM
JPP has said he doesn't how little he gets paid as long as he gets to play with Osi and Tuck.Yeah because in 2 years when he is putting up gaudy numbers (mainly on him, but Tuck and Osi don't hurt), that is when he is gonna become the highest paid defensive player in NFL History.

slipknottin
02-19-2012, 01:49 AM
his split is to far outside,he creates to many holes in the run game when he does that! How about a bull rush now and then? How about a swim move to the inside,twist with Canty?

You do realize that his run responsibility is usually the outside of the tackle, right? The 7 gap, or if he lines out outside the TE, then the 9 gap.

Firenugget
02-19-2012, 07:42 AM
It's not even debatable that we're better with him. The problem isn't talent/production, it's what it will cost to keep him. May just not be worth it.

rainierjef
02-19-2012, 08:27 AM
sigh* i think this is transference. people read the affidavit and took from it osi wants top 5 de money, when in fact what was stated in the affidavit reese offered top 5 de money or trade.

so its like your transferring your anger for what was offered to osi as if it was asked or demanded.

think of it like this your at your job you had a good 1st quarter, boss pulls you into his office and says " keep it up i got a promotion with your name on it." sick most of 2nd quarter not that productive, posted good numbers 3rd quarter not as good as your first but took some days off, beasted out in your 4th quarter... whats the first thing your gonna say too you boss? " you said it not me now wheres my promotion."

wanting/asking for something is way different than being offered/alternatively compensated.

lets see what osi asks for <font size="4">before</font> we cast judgement of ohh hes not affordable or he's not worth the money

nhpgiantsfan
02-19-2012, 08:56 AM
After the season he had in 2010 with all of the forced fumbles, he did what every other NFL player would've done. It sucks but that is how the business works. It's not like baseball.

NYSPORTS
02-19-2012, 10:22 AM
The cap is simply too low to keep them all. Especially when another team offers an insane amount for a medicore DE. How can an Osi not feel slighted when mediocre DE's get paid so much more?

Mod_C
02-19-2012, 10:49 AM
On almost all of the film I've seem Osi could get 1/2 sack credit because he's being double teamed and chipped like crazy. He looks like he's moving twice as fast as everyone else up front and yes JPP was right, The Giants front DID get into Brady's head. I hope they keep them plus Kiwi, Bernard and Canty together. They need a "NASCAR" Poster.

The player who makes the sack gets the credit. There's no credit for trying

FresnoGiant
02-19-2012, 01:21 PM

You do realize that his run responsibility is usually the outside of the tackle, right? The 7 gap, or if he lines out outside the TE, then the 9 gap.

You are right to a certain extent. He is responsible to cover outside the tackle on most plays. However, when he shoots straight upfield and the tackle peels off to block him, he goes very wide. This widens the inside gap so big that the guy responsible to cover it gets beat. It gives the runner too many options. Osi is a top tier pass rusher for sure. But he relies on quickness off the snap and has a limited arsenal of moves/techniques. His contain on run plays needs to be addressed.

This is a big reason why JR won't pay him top DE money. He IS a top pass rusher. He is NOT a top DE. You have to recognize the distinction.

cornerback30
02-19-2012, 02:05 PM
It's not even debatable that we're better with him. The problem isn't talent/production, it's what it will cost to keep him. May just not be worth it.
Yeah I feel the same way dude,there's no doubt we are a better defensive team with him in there.He does have to be taken account for and that allows others to have single coverage and it makes it easier for them.You're also right it will cost to keep him and Reese might try and get something for him now rather than wait and get nothing when he leaves next year.We will get a compensation pick that's about it maybe a third rounder if we're lucky.I don't want to see him leave either but it looks to be inevitable at this point.

Coach Carter
02-19-2012, 08:47 PM

The player who makes the sack gets the credit.* There's no credit for trying

You should have your moderator status revoked because that was a really dumb statement. Often times the guy who gets the sack was not the primary pressure guy - in the super bowl, Tolly rushed Brady and made him step up into Tuck for a sack. Tuck got credit but Tolly flushed Brady.

Osi flushes the qb frequently, even if he does not get a sack. Go learn the game.

Coach Carter
02-19-2012, 08:51 PM

You are right to a certain extent. He is responsible to cover outside the tackle on most plays. However, when he shoots straight upfield and the tackle peels off to block him, he goes very wide. This widens the inside gap so big that the guy responsible to cover it gets beat. It gives the runner too many options. Osi is a top tier pass rusher for sure. But he relies on quickness off the snap and has a limited arsenal of moves/techniques. His contain on run plays needs to be addressed.

This is a big reason why JR won't pay him top DE money. He IS a top pass rusher. He is NOT a top DE. You have to recognize the distinction.

So, the highest paid defensive ends in the NFL are great run stoppers? Wake the **** up and stop trying to find flaws. Defensive ends get paid based upon sacks not run stopping. Osi does stop the run, you guys are basing your silly analysis on two seasons ago in the Sheridan system when the ENTIRE defense stunk and Osi was still the leading pass rusher.

slipknottin
02-19-2012, 08:54 PM
However, when he shoots straight upfield and the tackle peels off to block him, he goes very wide. This widens the inside gap so big that the guy responsible to cover it gets beat..

When the tackle peels off, Osi bends in and goes down the line, Ive seen him do it countless times, thats why its pretty rare to see Osi unblocked on run plays.

JJC7301
02-19-2012, 09:07 PM
They gotta keep him around for me one more year at his current contract, unless he makes a big stink like Shockey did. The D won't be the same without him, unless they draft another DE wunderkind.

buddy33
02-19-2012, 10:34 PM
Funny, because I see him being able to look like a beast because of Tuck and JPP.

Look, I like Osi, and maybe they will work something out, but the best DE on this team is Tuck. Yes, when healthy, Tuck is th best defensive player on this team. Second is JPP, and one day he could be their best. Just think right now a healthy Tuck is their best defensive player. So Osi is their 3rd, and if Kiwi was playing DE Osi might be the 4th best DE on the team.

He will not get top money and if they think they can only keep him for another year they could trade him and get a good pick.

JJC7301
02-20-2012, 12:08 AM
Funny, because I see him being able to look like a beast because of Tuck and JPP.

Look, I like Osi, and maybe they will work something out, but the best DE on this team is Tuck. Yes, when healthy, Tuck is th best defensive player on this team. Second is JPP, and one day he could be their best. Just think right now a healthy Tuck is their best defensive player. So Osi is their 3rd, and if Kiwi was playing DE Osi might be the 4th best DE on the team.

He will not get top money and if they think they can only keep him for another year they could trade him and get a good pick.
I think that the 3 of them each bring their own strengths. They are all great at getting to the QB, but:

Osi is a pure pass rusher who is the best at forced fumbles.

Tuck is a force at both DE and on the inside. And he's good against the run.

JPP is an excellent, all around DE against the run and pass rush just like Strahan was.

If I could only keep 2 of them then it would be JPP and Tuck, but Osi would be greatly missed and I don't think that Kiwi would be as effective. He'd be effective, but not as good as Osi at getting to the QB and forcing fumbles (but maybe better against the run).

Coach Carter
02-20-2012, 06:40 AM

That is funny since Osi has been doing it before Tuck and JPP were on the team.

nygsb42champs
02-20-2012, 07:56 AM
He is a pure speed rusher. He does it extremely well. All of the Giants DE bring there own type of game to the pass rush allignment.