PDA

View Full Version : New York Giants & What this season has done for you!

NovaGGiants
02-07-2012, 01:14 PM
I'm currently watching the Giants Parade. I cant help but be thrilled, The New York Football Giants have won the 2011 Lombardi trophy. Time and time again New York Seems to come through, when times are tough football seems to be one of the few things that can make everything better. I Currently am unemployed, have been for two months. A little down on my luck, but as they say if you cant find luck, make it so i'm going for a masters degree. Although its been a short time the Superbowl has meant even more to me and im sure for others. It's amazing how something so simple as your team winning can bring pleasure to you and others and allow people to forget their problems. I was also fortunate enough to go to the game week 17 due to a Christmas gift. This season alone has made an impact on me, i'm not really sure the point of my post beyond its really kind of amazing how a simple game can make a world of difference in someones life. I'm also interested to see if anyone else has a similar story.

Mercury
02-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Both my parents died in 2011. My dad was an avid Giants fan. Every time I talked to him, we'd talk about the Giants. We've watched every game together until this year. And so, its been a difficult time for me. I really needed something good to happen. And I just know my father is in heaven now and has done his part to help his beloved team win again.

suzyq
02-07-2012, 01:33 PM
it's an awesome feeling being involved in something that is so much bigger than yourself. this team and this season has motivated me to be my very best at whatever I do and to never stop believing in what you believe and defending whatever you believe in.

I BELIEVE in Eli!!

Brandon jacobs
02-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Both my parents died in 2011.* My dad was an avid Giants fan.* Every time I talked to him,* we'd talk about the Giants. We've watched every game together until this year.* And so, its been a difficult time for me. I really needed something good to happen.* And I just know my father is in heaven now and has done his part to help his beloved team win again.

Sorry Bro... My heart goes out to you.

NovaGGiants
02-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Both my parents died in 2011.* My dad was an avid Giants fan.* Every time I talked to him,* we'd talk about the Giants. We've watched every game together until this year.* And so, its been a difficult time for me. I really needed something good to happen.* And I just know my father is in heaven now and has done his part to help his beloved team win again.

Prayers with ya man.

bleedblueVA
02-07-2012, 02:32 PM
My girlfriend attempted suicide while I was at the jets game on Christmas eve while I was spending the holidays in New York. I'm so happy to say I got watch the giants win the superbowl with her next to me on the couch.

The giants did a lot for me to lift my spirits through this tough month.