PDA

View Full Version : today's refs WOW

elitosmith
12-04-2011, 09:06 PM
Im never one to blame losses on refs, you can't do that. they're not the ones who let rodgers go 70 yards in 3 plays, and they're not the ones who had will blackmon in 1 on 1 when he was on the streets two weeks ago. HOWEVER, that touchdown was NOT a touchdown in the 3rd qtr. by letter of their law it was not. that was also third down and would've forced a fg. additionally, that absurd illegal hands call in the 4th when we sacked rodhers on 3rd down was mind blowing to me. those two more than any others make me wonder what is really going on in the league office re: the good/undefeated teams. as for other stuff: Giants DID not score too early, you take 6 when you can get 6. PERIOD. touchdowns are not a wide open layup. they're not always just there for the taking. Eli's pick was bad, but... we are 3-9 right now without him. Cruz too. love him, and btw. why is Blackburn just now on the team? Jerry, maybe you could've done that when boley got hurt? Reese is as big a culprit as anyone if this keeps going south.

dave8274
12-04-2011, 09:07 PM
Im never one to blame losses on refs, you can't do that. they're not the ones who let rodgers go 70 yards in 3 plays, and they're not the ones who had will blackmon in 1 on 1 when he was on the streets two weeks ago. HOWEVER, that touchdown was NOT a touchdown in the 3rd qtr. by letter of their law it was not. that was also third down and would've forced a fg. additionally, that absurd illegal hands call in the 4th when we sacked rodhers on 3rd down was mind blowing to me. those two more than any others make me wonder what is really going on in the league office re: the good/undefeated teams. as for other stuff: Giants DID not score too early, you take 6 when you can get 6. PERIOD. touchdowns are not a wide open layup. they're not always just there for the taking. Eli's pick was bad, but... we are 3-9 right now without him. Cruz too. love him, and btw. why is Blackburn just now on the team? Jerry, maybe you could've done that when boley got hurt? Reese is as big a culprit as anyone if this keeps going south.

Both of those calls were accurate by the officials, actually.

JMFP2
12-04-2011, 09:08 PM
It was a very bad game by the refs.</P>

Green Bay really didn't need those favors.</P>

Roswell777
12-04-2011, 09:11 PM

+1

Zaggs
12-04-2011, 09:12 PM

Not entirely. The Jennings touchdown should have been an invocation
of the Calvin Johnson rule, seems to be which ref has it will lead to a
different outcome. The correct call on the Illegal Contact would have
been offsetting calls for illegal contact and offensive pass
interference as Finley also pushed off (you clearly see him extend both
arms towards williams). Which means 3rd and long again.

BlueJayC
12-04-2011, 09:19 PM

You're on crack was right there fior both. Refs had raging Rogers hard ons all game. The ONLY difference in that game.

elitosmith
12-04-2011, 09:23 PM
"ACCURATE?" no they weren't... the touchdown not even close. not a score. on the illegal hands, it was as accurate as the defensive hold in the Ravens Super Bowl that cost Armstead a 7-7 touchdown. maybe it was illegal, but you don't call it... happens on every down... and you can't call itwhen the qb is sacked 3 seconds after the snap. and did GB have one holding call all game despite all those drop backs when Rodgers had 10 seconds to throw?

DandyDon
12-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Cant blame this game on the refs.

But that touchdown was not...

Comes around goes around. We will get our calls. If they play like they did tonite for the rest of the season, they will be in the playoffs.

Word.