PDA

View Full Version : SPECIAL TEAMS

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-07-2012, 01:55 PM
Lets not forget to givesome credit to our Special Teams Personell. Weatherford and all the guys that did a pretty great job fielding the ball and pinning other teams behind the 20 all season. A complete 180 from last season. And yes Dodge was THAT awful!! Congrats Gmen!!

Providence
02-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Lets not forget to give*some credit to our Special Teams Personell. Weatherford and all the guys that did a pretty great job fielding the ball and pinning other teams behind the 20 all season. A complete 180 from last season. And yes Dodge was THAT awful!! Congrats Gmen!!

Agreed.

The safety was set up by Weatherford's awesome punt. That made it a 4 point game in the end instead of a 3 point game (because the Giants wouldn't have gone for 2 if they were up by 2 after Bradshaw's accidental TD).

Additionally, after Bradshaw's last minute TD Tynes kicked one deep into the endzone. That was huge. They guy downed it, instead of running it out. With 54 seconds on the clock a kick returner fielding the ball inside the 5 is definitely making a run for the TD. Tynes burried it, so they couldn't do it. That was a HUGE play.

C1010
02-07-2012, 02:00 PM
I think in general our special teams play has greatly improved. Weatherford did a phenomenal job and Tynes came in clutch with his recent kicks. Our coverage is much better especially with the rookies playing and Thomas absolutely hustling down the line. Nice job guys!

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Lets not forget to givesome credit to our Special Teams Personell. Weatherford and all the guys that did a pretty great job fielding the ball and pinning other teams behind the 20 all season. A complete 180 from last season. And yes Dodge was THAT awful!! Congrats Gmen!! Agreed. The safety was set up by Weatherford's awesome punt. That made it a 4 point game in the end instead of a 3 point game (because the Giants wouldn't have gone for 2 if they were up by 2 after Bradshaw's accidental TD). Additionally, after Bradshaw's last minute TD Tynes kicked one deep into the endzone. That was huge. They guy downed it, instead of running it out. With 54 seconds on the clock a kick returner fielding the ball inside the 5 is definitely making a run for the TD. Tynes burried it, so they couldn't do it. That was a HUGE play.Thanks Providence, I was outta my mind on that kickoff when he had to down it in the endzone loved it!!

eastbayblue
02-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Yes but our kickoff and punt returns are still atrocious, definitely room for improving!!

C1010
02-07-2012, 02:07 PM
Yes but our kickoff and punt returns are still atrocious, definitely room for improving!!

Absolutely

ebick
02-07-2012, 02:30 PM
I think in general our special teams play has greatly improved. </P>

I made that same comment earlier this year and was laughed at.</P>

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-07-2012, 02:43 PM

I made that same comment earlier this year and was laughed at.</P>Did that happen to be during our losing streak? I for one know our Special Teams this season was wayyyyy better. and for the comments about our return game for KO's and PR's...there is always room for improvement but we have to start somewhere.I give special teams a grade of B- this year.

ebick
02-07-2012, 02:50 PM

I made that same comment earlier this year and was laughed at.</P>

Did that happen to be during our losing streak? I for one know our Special Teams this season was wayyyyy better. and for the comments about our return game for KO's and PR's...there is always room for improvement but we have to start somewhere.I give special teams a grade of B- this year.</P>

I don't remember when it was but at the time I said that although we were still not generating anything great on the return game, there were far fewer negative plays and I thought our defensive side, preventing big returns, was much better, as was our punting and kicking off (though moving the ball 5 yards certainly helped that).</P>

SouthernGiant56
02-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Lets not forget to givesome credit to our Special Teams Personnel. Weatherford and all the guys that did a pretty great job fielding the ball and pinning other teams behind the 20 all season. A complete 180 from last season. And yes Dodge was THAT awful!! Congrats Gmen!!

Preach it FIFTY6!

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Lets not forget to givesome credit to our Special Teams Personnel. Weatherford and all the guys that did a pretty great job fielding the ball and pinning other teams behind the 20 all season. A complete 180 from last season. And yes Dodge was THAT awful!! Congrats Gmen!!

Preach it FIFTY6!
Hey Southern!! Just doing my part, ALL IN!