PDA

View Full Version : Blackburn

sheepdip
02-07-2012, 03:35 PM
If this guy was a little faster he would be one of the better lbers in the league .The guy has the smarts and instincts and that play he made for the int to me was 2nd only to Manninghams catch.
That was 1 sick play, he stayed with his man all the way and recognized the play and outfought a TE who is athletic and all that for the ball.

Truly a big time play.

giantsforce
02-07-2012, 03:38 PM
If this guy was a little faster he would be one of the better lbers in the league .The guy has the smarts and instincts and that play he made for the int to me was 2nd only to Manninghams catch.
That was 1 sick play, he stayed with his man all the way and recognized the play and outfought a TE who is athletic and all that for the ball.

Truly a big time play.

How true. In the Hernandez TD he had the initial coverage but he got beat because he was not fast enough. However, he does bring leadership qualities and our defense improved since he came back. I hope they will bring him back.

sheepdip
02-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Football IQ and toughness he is good. When we were in 2 LB sets thou I would prefer Williams instead thou. 1st and 2nd down he is a good option or on running downs.

Remember too in the GB game he knocked down a pass to Finely which was a huge play I remember. He dove and got his hand on the ball.

JJC7301
02-07-2012, 03:52 PM
I'd love for him to come back next year and compete with Goff for the starting MLB job. I don't love Goff, but the LB corp got better this year and I think a tandem of Goff / Blackburn will be good enough and allow us to concentrate on other needs.

Spedracer
02-07-2012, 04:02 PM
I love this guy. He almost has a Rudy Ruettiger quality to him - lacks true athleticism but attempts to make up for it with instincts and hard work.

Sadly, I do still believe he is a liability to the D. He stepped in and came up with one of the most clutch plays since Tyree. But in the end Tyree was let go.

Ultimately he is not a starting caliber player, I really wish he was.