PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the praise Eli is getting is genuine?

OrangeGiant
02-07-2012, 04:12 PM
I don't know, for some reason I get the feeling like some of these media clowns are finally admitting he's elite because they have to. I still get the feeling like there is some reluctance to admitting that Eli is a great QB. It's like, well I guess he's elite because he's won 2 SB's and he's doing things that the greats do or have done in the past.</P>

It bothers me man, I just feel like there is still some doubt there about Eli in some circles. Like people can't believe that Peyton's little brother is doing what he's doing. Like they can't believe it or just don't want to admit it, but they have to. </P>

I know I shouldn't give a rat's ***** but I do. I feel like if he has any kind of a letdown next year people are going to jump all over it and start questioning him again. Even people on these boards. When you hear people saying asking if Tom Brady's HOF legacy is tainted now because he lost his last two SB's, it tells you nobody is sacred with these media morons.</P>

Sorry, I'm just venting about it because I just feel with some of these "experts" the praise isn't genuine and it pi$$es me off!</P>

</P>

NYG4ME
02-07-2012, 04:15 PM
These were the same experts who NEVER gave us a chance all year... Let them to continue to count us out. Its worked out well for us before.

bansaw
02-07-2012, 04:16 PM
its just hard because they have to say it while eating all their past words
it will get easier for them, at least they are finally admitting it

best was watching Tim Hasselback on a Canadian sports channel praising Coughlin...it was like he was choking the words out he's ripped him so much in the past...I actually laughed at him

Gmen2005
02-07-2012, 04:17 PM
screw the media, we know he's Elite. His teammates know he is elite. He knows he is elite.

CDN_G-FAN
02-07-2012, 04:18 PM
From hard-core football people (former players, former coaches), absolutely.</P>

From the average talking head? Probably 50%</P>

</P>

OrangeGiant
02-07-2012, 04:19 PM

best was watching Tim Hasselback on a Canadian sports channel praising Coughlin...it was like he was choking the words out he's ripped him so much in the past...I actually laughed at him

</P>

Yeah or when Steve Young was saying that Eli is doing things that the greats have done, so by definition, that must mean he is great. </P>

chasjay
02-07-2012, 04:22 PM
The respect he has from his coaches and teammates is genuine. The Lombardi's are genuine.

And you're right - you "shouldn't give a rat's *****"

OrangeGiant
02-07-2012, 04:24 PM
The respect he has from his coaches and teammates is genuine. The Lombardi's are genuine.

And you're right - you "shouldn't give a rat's *****"
</P>

I know, you're right.</P>

bflo23
02-07-2012, 04:32 PM
You would think after this playoff performance which Eli dominated in would get genuine praises. I think most of it is from phonies though. He won so they feel that they have to praise him. I remember seeing so many analysts like the Chris Carlin (loud mouths) and Carton (Boomer and Carton show) bashing the Giants and Eli before the super bowl. Yesterday, Carton is wearing a Brady jersey to mock Giant fans and said Giants got lucky. And today, he is at the Giants parade interviewing Giant players. You got Skip Bayless with his constant insults on Eli and Coughlin.

Next year if Eli has a bad game, they will say Eli is bum and will forget all about what he did in the playoffs and his championships. Eli and Giants won't ever get their full respect from other fans, media or vegas.

CDN_G-FAN
02-07-2012, 04:33 PM

</P>

</P>

LOLOL</P>

saw that.</P>

MikeIsaGiant
02-07-2012, 04:34 PM
I was at the parade, and let me tell you. Eli had it good.

Dude is a superstar in everyones' minds.

I have videos I might want to upload on youtube of how great it was

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-07-2012, 04:46 PM
2Lombardi's cannot tell a lie.[:P]

bansaw
02-07-2012, 04:52 PM

</p>

</p>

LOLOL</p>

saw that.</p>lol

it was like he sucked a lemon his face when he finished LOL

SouthernGiant56
02-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Basically, the media has entered Eli Haters Anonymous. They have finally "accepted" their problem of hating Eli and are now just working the steps. We should be encouraging them.

We admitted we were powerless over Hating Eli—that our lives had become unmanageable. Came to believe that an Eli greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of Eli as we understood Him. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves. Admitted to Eli, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs. Were entirely ready to have Eli remove all these defects of character. Humbly asked Eli to remove our shortcomings. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it. Sought through prayer and mediation to improve our conscious contact with Eli as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of his will for us and the power to carry that out. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we
tried to carry this message to Eli Haters, and to practice these
principles in all our affairs.

giantsfan420
02-07-2012, 05:19 PM
i saw that steve young bit too and part of it did sound phony but other parts u could tell young really was impressed with what eli had accomplished.

but **** a steve young. thats teh same guy who said this past season rex grossman would cement himself as a top 10 qb, lmfao. same guy who said the giants are a meddling team, with avg talent...so whatever he says is worthless to me.

what i loved was the team giving him a standing ovation both rallies. the team respects the hell out of him and rightfully so. same for tuck although i do think he may get a pass for a pretty abysmal regular season but hey, he turned it on in the playoffs and we should see him back to normal next year.

oh, and eli aint having no let downs. i made a post about after the 07 sb, how he ascended and played in 08. i truly believe that whole plex thing not only derailed the team but also elis development. eli had to readjust to a whole new set of wr's, and while he made it seem like a step wasnt skipped, u could see the growing pains.

those growing pains are over now, what we saw from eli today even goes to show how comfortable and confident he is in himself now. i truly believe that eli hasnt even peeked yet, which should scare the **** out of the nfl.

eli just had the most memorable, ELITE 6 game span that no qb could do better. i expect we see an eli that surpasses peyton i truly belive it. he learned a lesson from these past 6 games that epitomize world class qb play. it isnt some crazy 2007 sb play to tyree, he succeeded playing a style of football he can continue upon, protect the ball but take calculated risks and trust ur arm on those huge plays.

friends, we're entering a dynasty. mark my words. i have not been wrong on any prediction this season, except partly about the SB cuz i thought we'd win 34-24, and about eli having the greatest sb performance of all time he didnt but he had ONE OF the greatest sb performances of all time.

things are just getting started. we get all those players back healthy, insert an OL change here and there maybe with an established FA and a draft pick, we're ready to dominate.

oh btw, i thought the giants stadium rally was better than the nyc one although the parade was sweet

Markroman
02-07-2012, 05:36 PM
There is no doubt that there is alot of false praise out there.

I remember the same thing with Bradshaw when he played. People hated to acknowledge he was any good but, he kept winning superbowls.

Brady reminds me of Staubach (the glamor QB) and Eli reminds me of Bradshaw (the meat and potatoes QB).

BillTheGreek
02-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Absolutely.