PDA

View Full Version : Giants chances to make playoffs

paul007
12-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Dallas Schedule = 4 tough games:
Home vs Giants, Away vs Bucs, Home vs Eagles, Away vs Giants

Giants Schedule = 3 tough games
Away vs Dallas, Home vs Skins, Away vs Jets. Home vs Dallas

At least the Giants dont have to travel anymore after next week at Dallas.

Hypothetically, if we split with Dallas, each wins at their home, then if we beat the Jets and Skins and the Cowboys split loosing to Philly but beat Bucs, we finish tied with Dallas. Would we have the same number of division wins/loses? Conference wins/loses? We beat Arizona they lost to them. Not sure of other conf games tho?Whats the tie breaker?

I'm not sure of the final 4 games for the Bears, Lions and Falcons. We are only 1 game behind them too. What are thier last 4 games?
What is the situation with tie breakers with them and us?

Pakman
12-04-2011, 10:29 PM
If we finish 9-7 or better we will be in the playoffs. Falcons will most likely take one WildcardLooking spot.

The bears and lions are looking bad.

Cowboys lost to the Cards

dave8274
12-04-2011, 10:31 PM

Hypothetically, if we split with Dallas, each wins at their home, then if we beat the Jets and Skins and the Cowboys split loosing to Philly but beat Bucs, we finish tied with Dallas. Would we have the same number of division wins/loses? Conference wins/loses? We beat Arizona they lost to them. Not sure of other conf games tho?Whats the tie breaker?

I'm not sure of the final 4 games for the Bears, Lions and Falcons. We are only 1 game behind them too. What are thier last 4 games?

Wait a minute... Are you calling Philadelphia a tough game but not Washington?

BParcells777
12-04-2011, 10:36 PM
50/50

BigBlue2010
12-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Weall know we are going to beat dallas next week, drop one against either the skins or jets and then play for everything on the final week.

Pakman
12-04-2011, 10:40 PM
For no real reason, I feel like the Cowboys will prob win one game down the stretch

Hope i'm right

Mr Excitement
12-04-2011, 10:42 PM

Wait a minute... Are you calling Philadelphia a tough game but not Washington?

yeah really...........

paul007
12-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Bears: @ Denver, Seattle, @ Green Bay, @ Vikings

Lions: Vikings, @ Oakland, San Diego, @ Green Bay

Falcons: @ Carolina, Jacksonville, @ Saints, Bucs

There is a good chance the Bears can go 1-3 and the Lions can go 1-3. But the Falcons look like they can go 2-2. The Giants would have to go 3-1 and they could make the playoffs as the #6 seed.

I looked at conference records too. Giants are dead against tie breakers!!!

paul007
12-04-2011, 10:43 PM
Division rival is tough game, my mistake. However I think the Giants will beat the skins.

Pakman
12-04-2011, 10:51 PM

There is a good chance the Bears can go 1-3 and the Lions can go 1-3. But the Falcons look like they can go 2-2. The Giants would have to go 3-1 and they could make the playoffs as the #6 seed.

Sounds right. Just hope the packers don't lose a game for the rest of the reg season.

Cowboys Fan From Asia
12-04-2011, 10:57 PM
The Jets game, remember, is essentially a home game. The Giants will finish their season on a stretch of three consecutive home games by hosting the Skins, Jets and Cowboys.

Pakman
12-04-2011, 11:08 PM
The Jets game, remember, is essentially a home game.*** The Giants will finish their season on a stretch of three consecutive home games by hosting the Skins, Jets and Cowboys.

Thanks for letting us know

NYfanatic
12-04-2011, 11:28 PM

Sounds right. Just hope the packers don't lose a game for the rest of the reg season.
I hope this is just a so called "repeat" of the 2007 season. We lost to the Pats by what 3 points?
We lose to the pack by 3. Then in the NFC champ game we beat the Pack to end their undefeated season!

harrycarson
12-04-2011, 11:40 PM
Not sure what to think. Our defense loks to be the worst in the NFL to me. We give up more yards and points than any team I have ever seen. Perry Fewell and our pass Rush are KILLING ME. Having said all this I think we can make the playoffs, just wana see my team in the playoffs, it has been almost 5 years since.

If they fired Fewell tomorrow I would not be suprised the least. He is terrible

Overdrive92
12-05-2011, 12:20 AM
I think we have a good shot. The Cowboys have a much tougher schedule than us.

They have to play the Eagles, and don't forget, the Eagles creamed them 34-7 just a few weeks ago. Another nice fact: The Cowboys are winless against the Eagles when Mike Vick plays. They also have to travel to Tampa on a Thursday night game, which won't be a walk in the park.

Landshark
12-05-2011, 02:55 AM

I hope this is just a so called "repeat" of the 2007 season. We lost to the Pats by what 3 points?
We lose to the pack by 3. Then in the NFC champ game we beat the Pack to end their undefeated season!

It was actually the exact same score...

ajd121
12-05-2011, 03:51 AM
If the Giants split with the Cowboys, They would win the Tie Breaker if, we beat both the Jets and Skins, and they lose to the Eagles.