PDA

View Full Version : Another very difficult schedule for the Giants in 2012!

bflo23
02-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Who makes these schedules? Why can't the Giants get a cupcake schedule like the Patriots this year? 11 pretty tough games?! Bring it.

Redskins</p>

Browns</p>

Bucs</p>

Panthers</p>

Bengals</p>

Cowboys</p>

Falcons</p>

Niners</p>

Steelers</p>

Packers</p>

Ravens</p>

Cowboys</p>

Eagles</p>

Redskins</p>

Saints</p>

Eagles</p>

MikeIsaGiant
02-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Can't even underestimate the Panthers IMO, or the redskins

jppmvp90
02-07-2012, 05:42 PM
tired of hearing about hard schedules. it toughens you up for the postseason. we are good enough ourselves

Blue daddy
02-07-2012, 05:43 PM
One at a time.

bflo23
02-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Can't even underestimate the Panthers IMO, or the redskins

true... Another brutal schedule for the Giants.

bflo23
02-07-2012, 05:45 PM
tired of hearing about hard schedules. it toughens you up for the postseason. we are good enough ourselves

I agree that this season's schedule actually toughened up the Giants and being battle tested helps but I wouldn't mind a couple easy games so the Giants can get a bye and hopefully home field.

jppmvp90
02-07-2012, 05:47 PM

I agree that this season's schedule actually toughened up the Giants and being battle tested helps but I wouldn't mind a couple easy games so the Giants can get a bye and hopefully home field.

we had easy games vs seattle and washington and blew them.

bflo23
02-07-2012, 05:49 PM

I still prefer to face an easier team though than some great teams. Do you want to face Saints again or Skins/Seahawks?

bflo23
02-07-2012, 05:50 PM
Anybody need a laugh? Look at the Patriots cupcake schedule.

Home: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Houston Texans,
Indianapolis Colts, Denver Broncos, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco
49ers

Away: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Jacksonville
Jaguars, Tennessee Titans,Baltimore Ravens, St. Louis Rams, Seattle
Seahawks

Maybe 3 good teams vs Patriots? And Giants face like 11 good teams? LOL

Jet-Blue
02-07-2012, 06:06 PM
The teams schedule has been on the same rotation the past 10 years or close to that. Really nothing new. There are only 2 teams that are based your standings.

DVision
02-07-2012, 06:07 PM

I still prefer to face an easier team though than some great teams. Do you want to face Saints again or Skins/Seahawks?

Saints! Since we play them in our house this time! They are not as good away from the dome and we owe them some payback!

DVision
02-07-2012, 06:10 PM
Anybody need a laugh? Look at the Patriots cupcake schedule.

Home: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Houston Texans,
Indianapolis Colts, Denver Broncos, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco
49ers

Away: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Jacksonville
Jaguars, Tennessee Titans,Baltimore Ravens, St. Louis Rams, Seattle
Seahawks

Maybe 3 good teams vs Patriots? And Giants face like 11 good teams? LOL

The Pats will win 13+ games as usual! Brady will put up huge numbers and then lose in the playoffs or SB as usual when they meet real competition!

bflo23
02-07-2012, 06:18 PM
The teams schedule has been on the same rotation the past 10 years or close to that. Really nothing new. There are only 2 teams that are based your standings.

Why the Packers and 49ers again? We already played them this regular season. Why not Vikings and Rams?

They do it for tv ratings i guess.

jhamburg
02-07-2012, 06:20 PM

Why the Packers and 49ers again? We already played them this regular season. Why not Vikings and Rams?

We have a 1st place schedule so we play all the 1st place NFC teams, that's how the schedules work

DragonSoul
02-07-2012, 06:41 PM
we have had one of the toughest schedules the last while around 3-5 years approximately.

Jet-Blue
02-07-2012, 06:44 PM

Tell me your kidding right!! Until they change the rotation or modify these when they go to the 18 game schedule, this takes you out to 2017.

Click here for future schedules (http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_nfce.htm)

barran21
02-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Same **** was said 4 years ago, and they went 12-4 and should have repeated if it wasn't for bone head Plax... the only difference this season from the one 4 years ago, we won the division, so we have to play 2 division winners from the previous season, unlike the last time playing second place teams...

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
02-07-2012, 06:54 PM
I dont mind playing tough teams, I just hate how they front load the "easy" games and line up all the "tough" games in the middle leaving us to slug it out with division rivals at the end.

I just don't get how the Pats get cake schedules every year.

LondonGman
02-07-2012, 06:57 PM
everyway you look at it its a horrible schedule but as the man said, one game at a time. the difficulty is that the NFC, unlike the AFC, is a massively competitive conference so unless you tank a season, the next season will always look grim (unless you the west for most of the last decade).

the added horror this year is that all the NFC division winners are class teams and that AFC division is just mean.

one game at a time.

ajd121
02-07-2012, 06:59 PM
Who makes these schedules? Why can't the Giants get a cupcake schedule like the Patriots this year? 11 pretty tough games?! Bring it.

Redskins</p>

Browns</p>

Bucs</p>

Panthers</p>

Bengals</p>

Cowboys</p>

Falcons</p>

Niners</p>

Steelers</p>

Packers</p>

Ravens</p>

Cowboys</p>

Eagles</p>

Redskins</p>

Saints</p>

Eagles</p>

The schedules are predetermined, 6 vs your own division, 4 vs a division in your conference rotationg every 3 years, 4 vs a division in the oppression conference rotating every 4 years, and then 2 based on your final position vs the 2 divisions in your conference you don't play that year (team that finishes first in NFC East, plays team that finishes first in NFC West, same with team that finishes 2nd 3rd etc.)

We just had bad luck this year that we it was our year to play the Pats and the AFC East, and both the Packers and New Orleans finished 2nd in their divisions, like we did.