PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Warner says Eli isnít a Hall of Famer

Gianthunter
02-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Quarterback Kurt Warner retired two years ago with a body of work that likely will put him in Canton. If he gets there, he may not be welcoming Eli Manning (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1657/eli-manning) with open arms.</P>

In an appearance with Burns and Gambo on Arizona Sports 620 in Phoenix, Warner made the case against Eliís potential induction into the Hall of Fame.</P>

ďI fully disagree with that,Ē Warner said of talk that Eli will get in. ďYou know because I know we put a lot of weight on championships, and rightfully so. But championships are won as a team, and Iím fully convinced of that. You never see one guy ó a great player, great quarterback ó carry a team through the playoffs and into a Super Bowl and win a Super Bowl that way. Iíve never seen it. You know even in that game [Super Bowl XLVI], itís 21-17. Thatís the game. There wasnít a quarterback just up and down the field carrying the team.</P>

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/07/kurt-warner-says-eli-isnt-a-hall-of-famer/</P>

barran21
02-07-2012, 07:24 PM
He isn't right now, but when it's all said and done Eli will be in the HoF...

miken609
02-07-2012, 07:25 PM
Quarterback Kurt Warner retired two years ago with a body of work that likely will put him in Canton.* If he gets there, he may not be welcoming Eli Manning (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1657/eli-manning) with open arms.</P>

In an appearance with Burns and Gambo on Arizona Sports 620 in Phoenix, Warner made the case against Eliís potential induction into the Hall of Fame.</P>

ďI fully disagree with that,Ē Warner said of talk that Eli will get in.* ďYou know because I know we put a lot of weight on championships, and rightfully so.* But championships are won as a team, and Iím fully convinced of that.* You never see one guy ó a great player, great quarterback ó carry a team through the playoffs and into a Super Bowl and win a Super Bowl that way.* Iíve never seen it.* You know even in that game [Super Bowl XLVI], itís 21-17.* Thatís the game.* There wasnít a quarterback just up and down the field carrying the team.</P>

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/07/kurt-warner-says-eli-isnt-a-hall-of-famer/</P>

Eli Manning single-handedly got this team to the playoffs. He's a 2-time SB MVP. Every other 2-time SBMVP is is an all time great. Eli is at least a HOFer. Sorry Kurt. I know you would have liked to stay in NY.

M0rbid
02-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Even if Eli wins 2 more Superbowls, Warner will come a silly reason why he doesn't belong in the HOF. It sounds to me he is very jealous of Eli.

fletch842
Assuming that Eli plays for another 4 - 8 years and performs at the level he's been at the last few, he will be a shoe in, bonefide first ballot hall of famer, with pretty much all relevant quarterback stats in the top 10 ALL TIME. Couple that with the 2 championships and Superbowl MVPs, and it's just a no brainer.

MikeIsaGiant
Kurt, stick to dancing with the stars you tool

bansaw
02-07-2012, 07:29 PM
he knows Eli getting that 2nd will make his chances that much more difficult

he also knows Gilbride will give him another couple shots at 5,000

krankeybluechick
02-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Nothing but sour grapes!! He's still pissed about getting benched for Eli. :p

GameTime
02-07-2012, 07:32 PM
If Eli quit tomorrow he would not make the HOF. He needs a few more years like 2011 to cement it. Not necessarily more SBs but more good seasons. </P>

krankeybluechick
02-07-2012, 07:39 PM
I have an idea, let's wait until his career is over and then we can debate it! Until then no one can predict it, not even Kurt!

Antwuan
02-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Eli Manning is on the cusp of being a hall of famer. I think if he keeps playing at the high level that has been playing he will get in.

Roosevelt
02-07-2012, 07:42 PM
Does it even matter what Warner says?

ashleymarie
02-07-2012, 07:42 PM
I choose to believe thepresent players on the Giants team. And it's coaches.

Firenugget
02-07-2012, 07:50 PM
If Eli quit tomorrow he would not make the HOF. He needs a few more years like 2011 to cement it. Not necessarily more SBs but more good seasons. </p>

Yep. All the HOF talk is premature although I'm confident that when it's over he's a lock. Because they're talking about it and Eli is only going into his 8th year makes people who say no look like the "bad guy" when "right now"...They're right.

swimeasy
02-07-2012, 07:52 PM
The person least interested in this discussion starting now would be Eli as he obviously has shaken it off when the mediots have brought it up to him. Just let the guy, the Giants org and the fanbase enjoy this triumph. Eli has many more games/seasons ahead to be enjoyed. The rest will work itself out.

buffyblue
02-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Quarterback Kurt Warner retired two years ago with a body of work that likely will put him in Canton.* If he gets there, he may not be welcoming Eli Manning (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1657/eli-manning) with open arms.</P>

ďI fully disagree with that,Ē Warner said of talk that Eli will get in.* ďYou know because I know we put a lot of weight on championships, and rightfully so.* But championships are won as a team, and Iím fully convinced of that.* You never see one guy ó a great player, great quarterback ó carry a team through the playoffs and into a Super Bowl and win a Super Bowl that way.* Iíve never seen it.* You know even in that game [Super Bowl XLVI], itís 21-17.* Thatís the game.* There wasnít a quarterback just up and down the field carrying the team.</P>

Eli Manning single-handedly got this team to the playoffs. He's a 2-time SB MVP. Every other 2-time SBMVP is is an all time great. Eli is at least a HOFer. Sorry Kurt. I know you would have liked to stay in NY.

I think Kurt Warner came to NY on the premise that it was gonna be his team and it didnít work out that way. Heck he wound up going to Arizona and brought them to an awesome catch by Santonio Holmes away from the title. Also it was a blown call his fumble too. That was a tuck.

II think he is a little bitter but both Kurt and Eli are going to the hall of fame.

NYG55nwo
02-07-2012, 07:55 PM
Even if Eli wins 2 more Superbowls, Warner will come a silly reason why he doesn't belong in the HOF. It sounds to me he is very jealous of Eli.
</P>

Thats the same thing i asked someone the other day. "If Eli ends up with 4 superbowls in total do you think he is a HOFer?" This guys tells me; no,he only wins because of his team. </P>

tripleaamin9
02-07-2012, 07:56 PM
Let's wait 3 years before we discuss Eli we should be discussing if Tom coughlin is a hall of famer. I say yes.

lawl
02-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Eli has performed like a top 5 Qb in only 1 out his 8 years as a pro. Hes always been outperformed by many other QBs in the regular season throughout his tenure. And whether we like it or not, that definitely plays a factor in HOF voting.

DragonSoul
02-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Eli has performed like a top 5 Qb in only 1 out his 8 years as a pro. Hes always been outperformed by many other QBs in the regular season throughout his tenure. And whether we like it or not, that definitely plays a factor in HOF voting.disagree.

Cannot believe ppl are freaking talking about this today ffs ppl.

Drez
02-07-2012, 08:12 PM
Quarterback Kurt Warner retired two years ago with a body of work that likely will put him in Canton. If he gets there, he may not be welcoming Eli Manning (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1657/eli-manning) with open arms.</P>

ďI fully disagree with that,Ē Warner said of talk that Eli will get in. ďYou know because I know we put a lot of weight on championships, and rightfully so. But championships are won as a team, and Iím fully convinced of that. You never see one guy ó a great player, great quarterback ó carry a team through the playoffs and into a Super Bowl and win a Super Bowl that way. Iíve never seen it. You know even in that game [Super Bowl XLVI], itís 21-17. Thatís the game. There wasnít a quarterback just up and down the field carrying the team.</P>

Eli Manning single-handedly got this team to the playoffs. He's a 2-time SB MVP. Every other 2-time SBMVP is is an all time great. Eli is at least a HOFer. Sorry Kurt. I know you would have liked to stay in NY. I think Kurt Warner came to NY on the premise that it was gonna be his team and it didnít work out that way. Heck he wound up going to Arizona and brought them to an awesome catch by Santonio Holmes away from the title. Also it was a blown call his fumble too. That was a tuck. II think he is a little bitter but both Kurt and Eli are going to the hall of fame.</P>

I don't think any QB signs on asa FA when a team just drafted/traded for an overall#1 pick QB thinking it's going to be his team, especially when the other former starter left because he didn't want to play mentor/be in that situation.</P>

Axels15
02-07-2012, 08:15 PM
Kurt Warner should talk - How did he play between 2002 and 2006?

bashful
02-07-2012, 08:16 PM
Sour grapes because he got benched and Eli took over for him. Eli will never get the respect he deserves. They can all eat sh it and die.

Firenugget
02-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Eli has performed like a top 5 Qb in only 1 out his 8 years as a pro. Hes always been outperformed by many other QBs in the regular season throughout his tenure. And whether we like it or not, that definitely plays a factor in HOF voting.

Not really. Eli has put up pretty good numbers since he's been here. Unfortunately it's been overshadowed by some hard losses, people shooting themselves and a couple seasons of too many INT's.

In the end he'll be up there with the best as far as pure numbers I bELIeve. [:P]

JMFP2
I've always liked Kurt....classy guy, and he's entitled to his opinion.</P>

But if memory serves, he couldn't beat Brady in the Super Bowl....and if I recall, that's when the Rams were loaded, and the Patriots were heavy underdogs.</P>

Just saying.</P>

</P>

As far as Eli in the HOF.....he still has a ton of football to play....he's barely past the midpoint of his career. I don't expect him to continue at this clip, but if he plays for another 6-8 years, he'll have at least 2 SB MVPs, plus some monster stats.</P>

DragonSoul
Kurt Warner should talk - How did he play between 2002 and 2006?even in 04.

DVision
Funny! Warner surely wasn't a model of consistency and he definately didn't look like a possible future HOFer when he played in The Meadowlands and ran Gilbrides system!

buffyblue
02-07-2012, 08:20 PM

Eli Manning single-handedly got this team to the playoffs. He's a 2-time SB MVP. Every other 2-time SBMVP is is an all time great. Eli is at least a HOFer. Sorry Kurt. I know you would have liked to stay in NY. I think Kurt Warner came to NY on the premise that it was gonna be his team and it didnít work out that way. Heck he wound up going to Arizona and brought them to an awesome catch by Santonio Holmes away from the title. Also it was a blown call his fumble too. That was a tuck. II think he is a little bitter but both Kurt and Eli are going to the hall of fame.</P>

I don't think any QB signs on as*a FA when a team just drafted/traded for an overall*#1 pick QB thinking it's going to be his team, especially when the other former starter left because he didn't want to play mentor/be in that situation.</P>

You know what you are right. For some reason I thought Kurt Warner was a NY Giants the year before we drafted Eli Manning.

The funny thing about both of them is that Kurt Warner was maligned and abused by the media throughout his career like Eli has been.

I disagree on here and think if Eli Manning ended his career right now he would go to the HoF.

I would base it on his consecutive games streak. That is a huge stat.
Seven straight seasons with over 3 thousand yards and 20 TDs. I think only four other QBs in history have done that.
Winning two SuperBowl MVPs.
Winning two SuperBowl while on NY Giants and against the team and coach he won them against.

Kurt Warner is going to go based on the SuperBowl records that he holds and the fact that he took two different teams to the SuperBowl that were losers the season prior to him getting there.

Firenugget
02-07-2012, 08:23 PM
I gotta say too about Warner talking about teams winning, is he suggesting he wasn't surrounded by some amazing talent and did it alone or something? Or was he just speaking in general?

Big Blue 418
02-07-2012, 08:29 PM
If Kurt Warner is a hall of famer so is Eli even at this point . Kurt warner played in domes ands warm weather except the time in NY and he wasn't great in his short stay here .

F Him

giantsforce
02-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Quarterback Kurt Warner retired two years ago with a body of work that likely will put him in Canton. If he gets there, he may not be welcoming Eli Manning (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1657/eli-manning) with open arms.</p>

In an appearance with Burns and Gambo on Arizona Sports 620 in Phoenix, Warner made the case against Eliís potential induction into the Hall of Fame.</p>

ďI fully disagree with that,Ē Warner said of talk that Eli will get in. ďYou know because I know we put a lot of weight on championships, and rightfully so. But championships are won as a team, and Iím fully convinced of that. You never see one guy ó a great player, great quarterback ó carry a team through the playoffs and into a Super Bowl and win a Super Bowl that way. Iíve never seen it. You know even in that game [Super Bowl XLVI], itís 21-17. Thatís the game. There wasnít a quarterback just up and down the field carrying the team.</p>

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/07/kurt-warner-says-eli-isnt-a-hall-of-famer/</p>If Eli is not a HOF then why is Troy Aikman one?

Voldamort
02-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Is Kurt I say no the Titans were one yard from being 0 and 3 in superbowls?

Big Blue 418
02-07-2012, 08:36 PM
What kills me is even Giant fans are saying Eli hasn't done it long enough , and Kurt did ? Come on If Eli ain't in yet Kurt doesn't get in either . His career wasn't long enough

KillaRich
02-07-2012, 08:42 PM
the fact that eli almost single handily got the giants in the playoffs this year, has 2 rings, imo is the most CLUTCH qb ever and took down brady and the evil empire TWICE, threw for almost 5,000 yards and so much more man....he is def on his way.....kurt i respect you..but man you are wrong here and a massive hater

oh and a 2 time superbowl mvp

laihovalo9
02-07-2012, 08:44 PM
pffft what a baby.

bflo23
02-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Some people don't know how to judge a hall of fame QB. Expecting Eli to be a "top 5 QB" as some sort of benchmark to determine hall of fame is pretty silly. How many years did Big Ben put up the top 5 QB regular season stats? 1 or maybe 2. Some people are putting way too much on regular season stats.

Big Ben and Eli Manning both have 2 pro bowls each...... And Phillip Rivers has 4 pro bowls.

How many people consider Rivers to be better than Big Ben and Eli Manning? No one but the fools. The playoff stats and championships have a lot more weight than some regular season stats. Does anybody even care what Eli did in the 2007 regular season when he won all those playoff games and won the championship? CHAMPIONSHIP &gt; great regular season stats

PS.... Eli Manning has more career passing yards and more passing TDs than both Rivers and Big Ben. And I think it is safe to say that Eli has been far more impressive in the playoffs with his epic wins.

slipknottin
02-07-2012, 08:58 PM
i agree with warner actually.

I dont think just having the two ring puts him in the hall. But continuing to play the way he did this season for the next 5+ years certainly will.

sc_markt
02-07-2012, 09:00 PM

Who cares? We've got two SB's from Eli in the last 4 years and over the last few years, he has progressed each year.

Big Blue 418
02-07-2012, 09:02 PM

I dont think just having the two ring puts him in the hall. But continuing to play the way he did this season for the next 5+ years certainly will.

Than explain to me why Joe Namath is in the hall of fame . Or Terry Bradshaw .

bflo23
02-07-2012, 09:03 PM
As for Eli... I don't even want to debate whether he is a hall of famer at this very moment. I will say that I believe that Eli will continue to put up more great regular season stats but more importantly, add another championship or even two. It is about the playoffs and championships!

*If Eli just has 3 more good regular seasons, he is already cracking into the top 10 QBs in <font size="4">TD passes</font>. How is that for regular season stats to the Eli doubters?

Eli's future looks bright, he has to wear shades.

KillaRich
02-07-2012, 09:05 PM

Exactly if Namath is in....then by those standards Eli def already got himself in this past sunday

M0rbid
02-07-2012, 09:06 PM
More and more I watch Eli, he reminds me of Derek Jeter. You can't just look at statistics......

Big Blue 418
02-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Joe Namth . This argument is over. Eli has done more already

chasjay
02-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Does it even matter what Warner says?

No, what matters is that it would have been so easy for him to say something like, "Well, let's see how the rest of his career pans out" or "I don't think he's done enough yet to say that". But instead he takes the route and tone that he chose to take. That's what matters - to me, anyway.

chasjay
02-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Based on what Kurt talked about as the criteria for being selected for the HOF, I wish someone would ask him to explain why in the world Terry Bradshaw and Troy Aikman are honored there.

And I, personally, am not knocking either one of those gentlemen or questioning their credentials.

Big Blue 418
02-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Based on what Kurt talked about as the criteria for being selected for the HOF, I wish someone would ask him to explain why in the world Terry Bradshaw and Troy Aikman are honored there.

And I, personally, am not knocking either one of those gentlemen or questioning their credentials.

This.. Kurt Warner is bitter , what I don't get is Giant fans agreeing with him ?
There are 5 players with 2 sb mvp's and Eli is one of them , since he took over The Giants have won the most games in the NFC .... He hasn't done enough but Joe Namath who really played 5 seasons ( the last few he was on the bench is) Shame on you Giant fans

Big Blue 418
02-07-2012, 09:23 PM

This.. Kurt Warner is bitter , what I don't get is Giant fans agreeing with him ?
There are 5 players with 2 sb mvp's and Eli is one of them , since he took over The Giants have won the most games in the NFC .... He hasn't done enough but Joe Namath who really played 5 seasons ( the last few he was on the bench is) Shame on you Giant fans

bflo23
02-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Kurt Warner is bitter because he only has 1 championship. Warner has 9-4 record in the post season and is one of the best if you look at his playoff stats. In the playoffs, Warner has 31 TD/14 INT and has a 103 QB rating! I think Warner is a hall of famer because of his playoff stats more than his "short regular season career".

I think Warner is pretty much saying "Hey. I did everything that I could for my teams and dominated in the playoffs but I could only get 1 championship. My team didn't help me out like Eli's team helped him."

What was the exact question to Eli? Was it "Is Eli making the hall of fame as of right now?"..... Or "Do you see Eli having the potential to make the hall of fame in the future?"

Big difference between Eli being a hall of famer NOW or LATER.

wrek537emc
02-07-2012, 09:26 PM
...Eli's stats r a product of The Giants playing conservative football. Eli had great numbers this year because he had to score because our running game was non existant, our defense had more holes than swiss cheese at the beginning of the year and we trailed in the 4th qtr for the majority of the season. On that note....usually when the GMen lead, we play conservatively and run out the clock. The Giants hardly ever run up the score, i think the Atlanta game was our biggest margin of victory all season. Eli's numbers will never match Brees n Rogers becuz the NY Giants dont try n score 50 pts in a game that is already decided. its called class. Eli will be in HOF because he was the Superbowl MVP of 2 of the most exciting superbowl 4th qtr come back drives EVER! he also surpassed Unitas n Payton for 4th qtr Tds in a season, has the current longest Starting QB streak, ...and hes classy.. poster child of what the NFL should represent.

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Personally, I dont care if Eli makes Hall Of Fame(he will). All I care about is getting to the Superbowl again and again and winning it all Again and Again. Nah syaers please step to the back of the line. Talk is talk and a Parade is a Parade! nuf said!

Big Blue 418
02-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Kurt Warner is bitter because he only has 1 championship. Warner has 9-4 record in the post season and is one of the best if you look at his playoff stats. In the playoffs, Warner has 31 TD/14 INT and has a 103 QB rating! I think Warner is a hall of famer because of his playoff stats more than his "short regular season career".

I think Warner is pretty much saying "Hey. I did everything that I could for my teams and dominated in the playoffs but I could only get 1 championship. My team didn't help me out like Eli's team helped him."

What was the exact question to Eli? Was it "Is Eli making the hall of fame as of right now?"..... Or "Do you see Eli having the potential to make the hall of fame in the future?"

Big difference between Eli being a hall of famer NOW or LATER.

He is NOW ! That shouldn't be a question cough Joe Namath cough. Only 5 players are 2 xsb mvs Eli is one . The fact that this is a question is a disgrace

JJC7301
02-07-2012, 09:36 PM

Eli, and no one player, ever single-handedly gets his team into a SB. Eli was the biggest reason, but they would not have gotten anywhere at the end of the season if the D didn't get healthy / show up.

Even if he doesn't win another SB, if he just keeps up his numbers over the next 5 years I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't get in.

Lets not crucify everyone who is not yet on the Eli bandwagon. Eli has been busy converting many over the past 4 years. He'll have everyone converted into true believers before his career is over.

Besides, no sour grapes here, but I've always questioned Kurt Warner's credentials for the HOF.

bflo23
02-07-2012, 09:36 PM
...Eli's stats r a product of The Giants playing conservative football. Eli had great numbers this year because he had to score because our running game was non existant, our defense had more holes than swiss cheese at the beginning of the year and we trailed in the 4th qtr for the majority of the season. On that note....usually when the GMen lead, we play conservatively and run out the clock. The Giants hardly ever run up the score, i think the Atlanta game was our biggest margin of victory all season. Eli's numbers will never match Brees n Rogers becuz the NY Giants dont try n score 50 pts in a game that is already decided. its called class. Eli will be in HOF because he was the Superbowl MVP of 2 of the most exciting superbowl 4th qtr come back drives EVER! he also surpassed Unitas n Payton for 4th qtr Tds in a season, has the current longest Starting QB streak, ...and hes classy.. poster child of what the NFL should represent.

Conservative football was really in the past and not the past couple years. Nowadays, Eli is in a high flying shootout offense with Cruz, Nicks and Manningham. He threw for nearly 5,000 yards. With the bad running game, he is even throwing more often which makes sense.

If the Giants improve the line for the running game and just get back that good running game, I think Eli will be around the top 5 in QB regular season stats from here on out. He is getting better and better. One major thing that could possibly knock Eli from having the top 5 "regular season stats" and put him as #6-7.... Eli has a tremendously difficult schedule with tough defenses. I bet you that Giants schedule is far more difficult than Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Peyton (if he played) and any other QB. Eli isn't playing the cupcake schedule that Patriots will get once again.

DragonSoul
02-07-2012, 10:32 PM
What kills me is even Giant fans are saying Eli hasn't done it long enough , and Kurt did ? Come on If Eli ain't in yet Kurt doesn't get in either . His career wasn't long enoughIf you cannot see the difference, then we cannot help you.

DragonSoul
02-07-2012, 10:35 PM

Exactly if Namath is in....then by those standards Eli def already got himself in this past sundayHe made the Guarantee and after the it was the catalyst to make the merger happen between the AFL and NFL

Sarcasman
02-07-2012, 10:50 PM
I think Warner is entitled to his opinion, just like everyone else.

If Eli retired today, he probably doesn't get into the HOF, but assuming he continues to play well for X years going forward, he's likely a lock.

Warner's criteria is not all that crazy frankly. I think it's unrealistic as there are already plenty of HOFers today who would not meet his criteria....interestingly he doesn't meet it either.

But that - in and of itself - does not invalidate it. He basically believes that most QBs don't win games by themselves and the very, vert rare few who do deserve HOF enshrinement.

GIven that this is coming from the ultimate system QB, it's tough to call him a hypocrite. He clearly was a product of the system and when faced with playing outside of a system designed for him, he was unable to do so....so much so that Arizona essentially had to replicate the Rams' offensive system to get results from him.

I think his belief is fair albeit totally unrealistic given how many current HOF QBs don't qualify under it.

That said, assuming that he's a big enough man to admit that he does not warrant HOF consideration under his stated criteria, why should anyone else have a problem with it?

JMFP2
02-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Funny thing is, if you check the stats, Eli Manning has been more consistent than Kurt Warner.</P>

<U>Consecutive Seasons with 20+ TD</U></P>

Eli Manning: 7 in a row (2005-present)</P>

Kurt Warner: 3 (twice; 1999-2001; 2007-2009)</P>

<U>Consecutive Seasons with 3000+ Yards</U></P>

Eli Manning: 7 in a row (2005-present)</P>

Kurt Warner: 3 (twice; 1999-2001; 2007-2009)</P>

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannEl00.htm</P>

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WarnKu00.htm</P>

gumby742
02-07-2012, 11:15 PM

How about we turn it around and ask why they shouldn't be in there? We can look at stats, but we all know that it was a different game back then - for Bradshaw anyway. Most of us aren't old enough to say we really understood the game like we do now when Bradshaw was playing. I know i was just a lad. As for Aikman, i don't think he should be in the hall either. Warner also shouldn't be in the hall.

IMO, the hall of fame is far too easy to get into these days.

That being said, Warner is right in that Eli as it stands, is not HOF material yet. He needs 3-4 more good years to justify it.

Who the hell cares what he says any way? Eli is our QB and a great one at that. If he makes the hall great. If not, i really don't care either.

bflo23
02-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Gumby forums this way &lt;----

World Champion Giants forums this way -----&gt;

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-07-2012, 11:17 PM
DOH! Foot in mouth theory. SKIRT is scared and mad that he hasnt replicated what Eli (his replacement) did in a very short time!

TheReal_LT
02-07-2012, 11:23 PM
Kurt, stick to dancing with the stars you tool

+1

LOL

BigBlue1971
02-07-2012, 11:43 PM
even with the win on Sunday Eli has a little ways to go for the hof! </P>

with his rapidly growing reputation asthe leagues4th qtr assassin most adversaries would prolly agree to induct him early just to get 'em outta the league. lol</P>

but he will get in. i just dont see him slowing up much in the next 6-8 years! </P>

a coupla more parades like today will certainly get him in...1st ballot!</P>

bflo23
02-07-2012, 11:47 PM
Can you imagine if Eli wins 2 more championships and finishes with more than Brady? Tied with Bradshaw and Montana. Eli could possibly put up another 6-8 years.

I am pretty confident in Eli and the Giants offense and defense.

greenca190
02-07-2012, 11:58 PM
Kurt Warner is one of the best analysts on tv today, in my opinion. He seems to be one of the few that doesn't carry previous feelings over to his new job.

This has nothing to do with him being Eli's mentor, and his one terrible year here. It has to do with the fact that Eli is only eight years into his career. What player out there is elected into the hall after eight years (besides running backs)? He needs more time.

yatitle
02-08-2012, 12:09 AM
Find this hilarious because after losing to Steelers in SB, media was hyping Warner for HOF and I NEVER thought Warner did enough in his career to be in HOF. He was bagging groceries and then he held a clipboard for 3 years in the MIDDLE of his career.

GmenFan1980
02-08-2012, 12:31 AM
"Now, if he plays the same way he played this year, the rest of his career, and you give him five more years, and then add the two championships, then I think we have reason to debate, and he's probably going to be in the Hall of Fame in that position." -Kurt Warner

I agree with this statement, All Eli needs to do is keep putting up great numbers for the rest of his career and when he retires we will see his numbers and pass judgement then.

No need to be so upset over a man's opinion :/.

wrek537emc
02-08-2012, 03:54 AM
If our team gets healthy in the off season, with a good draft... i think we can repeat. Eli was putting up great numbers eventho teams didnt fear our run game. imagine when our oline works as a unit.... and our defense is healthy...we'll be strong on all sides of the ball...and weatherford solved the dodge situation.

Diamondring
02-08-2012, 05:40 AM
Warner is also not one. No matter if Eli had a good defense or not, Eli is still one of the best passers in the NFL. His playoff play is very decent enough for him to get in the Hall. I also think that Eli should get more seasons under his belt before he can get in. If Eli can get mostly over 4,000 yards per year average and plays for a good amount of time, he may be able to get in the Hall about five years after he retires. Sometimes it takes a good while to get into the Hall of Fame since other players can come and top the ones who are in there or be considered.

Diamondring
02-08-2012, 05:42 AM
If our team gets healthy in the off season, with a good draft... i think we can repeat. Eli was putting up great numbers eventho teams didnt fear our run game. imagine when our oline works as a unit.... and our defense is healthy...we'll be strong on all sides of the ball...and weatherford solved the dodge situation.A good running game is important and what you have said is no joke.

GCGiant
02-08-2012, 06:00 AM
If you don't like it when people say Eli won't go to the HOF, there is a way to shut them up.

Simply ask them to make a wager. You may have to wait awhile for your money, but...it will be the easiest money you ever made in your life.

Bing Crosby
02-08-2012, 06:10 AM
Comparing some of the guys already in the HOF with Eli, I don't see why he isn't in. Since Namath is there because he was great for headlines and selling ink, I don't see why Eli isn't. The man who lead the most infamous Superbowl drive in history that is always replayed when "great Superbowl moments" are mentioned. Why not? I mean it's obvious that some of the guys are in their because of the stories they created as players, and not because of their amazing numbers.

I mean looking at it from the "storyline" part let's see.

1. Two time Superbowl MVP. The three who are retired are in it, the other active player who has it with him (Tom Brady) is HOF bound.
2. The QB who lead the most famous SB drive in NFL history.
3. A man who refused to sign with the team that drafted him, and then lived up to the hype later on in his career.
4. A man who declared himself "elite" and then proved it, despite no one outside of us fans believing in him, not even other NFL players (see top 100 2011 for details, and then compare said top 100 list with 2011 season results).

I mean since it seems that "storyline" matters as much as stats, why not? A good story, a few championships and being good for your era. Why isn't he in? If Big Ben is a shoe in, how the hell isn't Eli?

I'd also be interested to know if Warner believes if Coughlin belongs in the HOF. If I recall correctly he said that Parcells should be in the HOF, well TC just tied his two SB's and he didn't have a BB on his side to get him there.

Also I wonder what Warner says about the QB's who have less then impressive numbers who are in the HOF. Is he going to call out Aikman and Namath and say they don't belong there since they don't have the passing numbers of Marino and Peyton?

GCGiant
02-08-2012, 06:33 AM
A little off-topic, but when has that ever stopped me???

I thought it was funny when Eli was asked how long it would be before he waved the 2nd ring in front of Peyton's face.

Eli responded, "Never." He then went on to explain as to how foolish that would be since Peyton has 4 (count 'em) FOUR league MVP trophies or rings...or whatever they give the league MVP.

chasjay
02-08-2012, 06:36 AM

How about we turn it around and ask why they shouldn't be in there? We can look at stats, but we all know that it was a different game back then - for Bradshaw anyway. Most of us aren't old enough to say we really understood the game like we do now when Bradshaw was playing. I know i was just a lad. As for Aikman, i don't think he should be in the hall either. Warner also shouldn't be in the hall.

IMO, the hall of fame is far too easy to get into these days.

That being said, Warner is right in that Eli as it stands, is not HOF material yet. He needs 3-4 more good years to justify it.

Who the hell cares what he says any way? Eli is our QB and a great one at that. If he makes the hall great. If not, i really don't care either.

I may have committed the lazy man's sin of taking the NFL-Sirius hosts' interpretation of Kurt's statements as accurate and did not read them or hear them for myself. If Warner said that Eli needs to add to his resume before we talk about this, I have no problem with that - and even agree with it. What I had taken from Pat K. and the other host of the show I heard, was that K. Warner had simply stated "No Way! No How!" My posts were based on that.

bigblue58
02-08-2012, 08:06 AM
Once Warner was benched in favor of Eli, all his objectivity went out the window!
It's obvious that his comments about Eli are fueled by bitterness, because they are ridiculous and fly in the face of reality!
The Eli Manning described by Warner is simply NOT the Eli Manning playing for the Giants right now!
And if Kurt Warner truly feels that you win a SB as a 'team" then why didn't he forfeit his SB MVP trophy and the car that went along with it?? Damned hypocrite!

BillTheGreek
02-08-2012, 08:48 AM
It seems Kurt Warner is holding some kind of grudge. Sour Grapes some where.

gxbhkt
02-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Two MVPs and he's going to be adding to his numbers . He's in. But they just denied Bill Parcells because of personality not his NFL record. Petty sport writers who can hide behind secret ballot .

Burgermiesta
02-08-2012, 09:32 AM
I totally agree with you, he has to keep playing like he has and he will I have no doubt about it.</P>

He is just peaking and still is going to get better...Ernie Accorsi said it best when he said the kid has the best skills set I have ever seen since Elway...</P>

Burgermiesta
02-08-2012, 09:33 AM
He is just peaking and still is going to get better...Ernie Accorsi said it best when he said the kid has the best skills set I have ever seen since Elway...</P>

elismom
02-08-2012, 10:32 AM

Hes right about today. Hes not in the HOF
But 3 yrs to the day he retires he is GARUNTEED a HOF QB. And fact is its way to early man, we can't give Eli it yet although with his 8 yr career he would be a grat argument if retired today but we all know what the next 8 yrs will be like. 150 td's 30,000 yards. Add those numbers up and there UGGGGGGGGGGGGLY

The next 8 yrs will be shocking when compiled