PDA

View Full Version : Is Connecticut Giant country?

Dr. D
02-07-2012, 06:22 PM
I live in Fairfield county Connecticut and every one I know is a Giant fan. We all have season tickets and go to the games. I see giant flags, hats and shirts every where. After all the Big Blue played at the Yale bowl and practiced in Fairfield. Don't some of the Maras live in Ct. Why are we being left out?

RoanokeFan
02-07-2012, 06:27 PM
Half and half I think. My son lives in Branford, Ct. and when we visit I see more GIANTS related "stuff" on cars and in stores, but I think as you move north on 95 it gets more Patriots-ish

keyofgmen
02-07-2012, 06:29 PM
West of New Britain is Giants. I grew up in western CT and all were Giant fans. East of Hartford is mostly Pats, I believe.

Firenugget
02-07-2012, 06:37 PM
West of New Britain is Giants. I grew up in western CT and all were Giant fans. East of Hartford is mostly Pats, I believe.

Not really, I'm in SE CT it's a good mix. A bit more north of here and it starts getting Pats heavy off the shore and into RI.

calzonesays
02-07-2012, 06:38 PM
most of Bristol are pats fans I think

NYG55nwo
02-07-2012, 06:42 PM
I live in Fairfield county Connecticut and every one I know is a Giant fan. We all have season tickets and go to the games. I see giant flags, hats and shirts every where. After all the Big Blue played at the Yale bowl and practiced in Fairfield. Don't some of the Maras live in Ct. Why are we being left out?</P>

It is in the tri state area but at the same time im sure northern connecticutgoes withnew england. </P>

slipknottin
02-07-2012, 07:04 PM
I havent figured it out, the stores around here generally do not have much giants stuff, but always have pats stuff for sale.

But I know quite a few more giants fans than pats fans.

Im in New Britain, btw

lilredk
02-07-2012, 07:07 PM
I live in the North West and it seems in my town its Giants, however if you listen to the evening news, most of the local yokel sports reporters have a man crush on Brady and the Pats, after that its only high school sports...

BurnerNYG
02-07-2012, 07:11 PM
I'm from Bridgeport and I can pretty much vouch for the city that there are more Giants fans there than Patriot fans. I live in Waterbury now and the Walmart in town had a huge Giants canopy as soon as you walk in the store with all kind of G-Men items for sale. I would think that the closer u get to Mass, the more the fanbase becomes more New England friendly.

giantsforce
02-07-2012, 07:28 PM
If memory serves me right, the Pats did not exist before 1960 so a lot of friends in Mass told me that they were rooting for the Giants being the only team around. I guess the oldtimers are most likely Giants fans. The jets also were founded in 1960 under the name NY Titans.

slipknottin
02-07-2012, 07:31 PM
If memory serves me right, the Pats did not exist before 1960 so a lot of friends in Mass told me that they were rooting for the Giants being the only team around. I guess the oldtimers are most likely Giants fans. The jets also were founded in 1960 under the name NY Titans.

Hartford declined to bring back the Whalers because they were in negotiations to bring the pats to hartford. Then the pats balked.

Never liked the pats since then.

Firenugget
02-07-2012, 07:37 PM

Hartford declined to bring back the Whalers because they were in negotiations to bring the pats to hartford. Then the pats balked.

Never liked the pats since then.

Yep I remember that one. They basically used us to get the funding from Mass. Dirty pool but it worked for em.

sc_markt
02-07-2012, 08:07 PM
I live in Fairfield county Connecticut and every one I know is a Giant fan. We all have season tickets and go to the games. I see giant flags, hats and shirts every where. After all the Big Blue played at the Yale bowl and practiced in Fairfield. Don't some of the Maras live in Ct. Why are we being left out?

I grew up in CT and moved out to CA in 1981. When I was growing up in CT, it seemed to me that more people were Giants fans. That said, I went back for thanksgiving this past NOV and from all of the football clothing apparel the people were wearing, most of it was NE clothing. So I'd say that most are NE fans now (probably getting on the Brady gravy train...)

pino
02-07-2012, 08:10 PM
My boy in New London tells me its half Pats, half Giants.

He's Giants, so he can be trusted.

Bigbluefan1974
02-07-2012, 08:37 PM
The state is split. I live in western CT 25 miles from the NY border and I see alot of Giants stuff. You go 30 min north and its all Pats. I get all NY stations, YES, SNY, MSG. Again, go 30 min north and their cable providers have NESN. Its weird, but its split.

SweetZombieJesus
02-07-2012, 08:43 PM

LOL I don't know if they got it

slipknottin
02-07-2012, 08:45 PM

new britain had a high school player drafted to the pats in the first round awhile back. Tebucky Jones.

He was the only reason I ever watched the pats play.