PDA

View Full Version : Heard that Manningham wants to play for a warm weather team

TroyArcher
02-07-2012, 07:26 PM
It would be great to keep the three headed monster Nicks-Cruz-Manningham but will most lilkely not happen. I have faith that Reese will find a good replacement. Manningham will always hold a special place in Giants history with the great SB catch II.

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-07-2012, 07:27 PM
TROUBLEMAKER! GO AWAY WITH YOUR BS.

TroyArcher
02-07-2012, 07:36 PM

I heard it from the Giants beat reporter on the radio driving home from the stadium today. Why would I make something like that up?

Firenugget
02-07-2012, 07:38 PM
I dunno, someone just posted something on here yesterday saying he said he wanted to stay in NY. We're just gonna have to wait and see how it plays out.

NYSPORTS
02-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Jernigan is taking Manningham's place. Let's just hope we get compensation for him in 2013.

NYG4ME
02-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Jernigan is taking Manningham's place. Let's just hope we get compensation for him in 2013.

I heard MM will be back.. I gots my sources.. He wants to be back.. We'll see $$$ is the ultimate motivator.

Firenugget
02-07-2012, 07:41 PM

I dunno about that...I'd be happy if he could but as of right now...nah.

TroyArcher
02-07-2012, 07:47 PM

I heard MM will be back.. I gots my sources.. He wants to be back.. We'll see $$$ is the ultimate motivator.

It would be good to see. They are a potent group that teams can not defend.

NYG4ME
02-07-2012, 07:50 PM

It would be good to see. They are a potent group that teams can not defend.

Imagine this team with a TE who can get some YAC.. (Jimmy Graham type)

I love Ballard, He did a really nice job.. But I think we can all agree their is some room for improvement..

laihovalo9
02-07-2012, 07:55 PM
maybe Hixon can replace MM for 2012.

TroyArcher
02-07-2012, 07:57 PM

I am afraid it may three strikes your out for Hixon. I hope he comes back healthy but they may not want to take another chance with his injuries.

laihovalo9
02-07-2012, 08:03 PM

I am afraid it may three strikes your out for Hixon. I hope he comes back healthy but they may not want to take another chance with his injuries.
Guess I'll have to retire my Hixon jersey then.

giantsandyanks1
02-07-2012, 08:04 PM
i heard the same info on the fan and i'm pissed he won't be back

nYg24
02-07-2012, 08:05 PM
He said he wants to be back but its a business and money talks. The Giants probably cant afford MM, some team is going to give him big money.

Raffi
02-07-2012, 08:10 PM
I dunno, someone just posted something on here yesterday saying he said he wanted to stay in NY. We're just gonna have to wait and see how it plays out.

What movie is that in your sig? It's funny as hell!

netplus
02-07-2012, 08:15 PM

That would be a huge dropoff in production. Manningham is a proven clutch WR. They will do everything they can to sign him. Continuity is worth a premium, both in the caoching staff and with your players, especailly players that are 25 years old. And I don't believe the warm weather rumor. He went to Michigan. WR's care more about playing with an elite QB than the weather. If you don't believe me, just ask Santonio Holmes.

bigjeep
02-07-2012, 08:22 PM

Thats what Osi just said. But they all say they would like to stay, for the right price! But the cap makes teams make choices about who stays and who goes, for the right price.

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-07-2012, 08:50 PM
TROUBLEMAKER! GO AWAY WITH YOUR BS. I heard it from the Giants beat reporter on the radio driving home from the stadium today. Why would I make something like that up?OMG[:P] It must be TRUE!!! Salt causes cancer and Im a scientist! Spread that one now Bud!!!

foosball
02-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Everyone wants to play for the Giants right now. Every coach wants to coach the Giants. The team is in a really good place. A lot of players might not want to play for a colder weather team, but the Giants play in NY so they really don't mind. That being said, I don't think the Giants will pony up the money to keep him. He only had 400 some yards this year. He's a good player but he's not worth 4-8 million dollars. Sorry, he's just not.

nycisgreat
02-07-2012, 08:57 PM

Paul Datino said it. He is very knowledgeable and has been covering the Giants for years. I can't think about that right now. I am just enjoying what happened 48hrs ago.

JJC7301
02-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Yep -- Jernigan, Barden (which I doubt), or a draft pick this year. MM will be getting at least # 2 WR money from another team and he's definitely not the 2nd best WR on the Giants. Not knocking him -- we're just extremely talented at the position.

netplus
02-07-2012, 09:44 PM
Yep -- Jernigan, Barden (which I doubt), or a draft pick this year. MM will be getting at least # 2 WR money from another team and he's definitely not the 2nd best WR on the Giants. Not knocking him -- we're just extremely talented at the position.

I think they'll make him a fair offer and he'll take less to stay with the Giants, unless he gets a substantially larger offer from a team with an elite QB.

GameTime
02-07-2012, 09:49 PM

Paul Datino said it. He is very knowledgeable and has been covering the Giants for years. I can't think about that right now. I am just enjoying what happened 48hrs ago.
</P>

he did say it I heard it. I like PD and he isnt a over the top type of reporter. Wished he would have backed that statement up with a bit more info though....</P>

Bohemian
02-07-2012, 11:44 PM
It would be great to keep the three headed monster Nicks-Cruz-Manningham but will most lilkely not happen. I have faith that Reese will find a good replacement. Manningham will always hold a special place in Giants history with the great SB catch II.

As much as I would love to see Manningham stay, he has won the right to play where ever he chooses. He will always be remembered as a great giant. If he does resign with the team, Eli will be on fire again next year, having developed such a great chemistry with his receivers.

mitchmac
02-08-2012, 12:36 AM
I'm starting to think now that in the NFL you have your elite receivers and everyone else. A QB can make those "everyone else" guys look better than they are. He's made some great plays as a Giant, but I still feel like he's an "everyone else" guy who happens to have a great QB. If he goes, he goes.