PDA

View Full Version : Keep Osi for the last year of his contract at the same $$$

JJC7301
02-07-2012, 08:56 PM
Every post seems to accept that Osi's gone or we have to offer him more money. I'm a contrarian on this -- why can't we keep him for the final year of the contract that he signed? Nobody forced him to sign that long contract 6 years ago.

If I'm JR I'm not trying to bust Osi' chops, but what's going to prevent JPP from demanding a hike in the middle of his new contract that he'll eventually get? If I'm JR, I keep Osi for the last year of his contract. Maybe add some incentives in there, but that's it. These hang-ups about contracts are why I don't blame players when the leave (or come) for more money -- it's mostly about the money.

Osi fits well into the Giants bottom line which is the salary cap. DOES ANYONE ELSE REMEMBER WHAT OUR D WAS LIKE THIS YEAR WHEN OSI AND TUCK WERE NOT ON THE FIELD AT THE SAME TIME?

TroyArcher
02-07-2012, 09:01 PM
I think they will make a compromise to keep him around. I would load it up with incentives for games played, tackles, sacks...The Giants are built around their D-line and they need a good rotation.

JJC7301
02-07-2012, 09:11 PM
I think they will make a compromise to keep him around. I would load it up with incentives for games played, tackles, sacks...The Giants are built around their D-line and they need a good rotation.
Exactly. If we let him go, then we'd better draft another DE and hope that he won't be a bust.

I want Osi, but i'm not giving him some monster 1 year contract. He signed the contract, he needs to live by it.