PDA

View Full Version : Ballard vs Gronk complete opposites

sheepdip
02-07-2012, 10:53 PM
on 1 hand you have a guy like Ballard already with a bad leg and to watch him try and run on the giants sideline and that was awful seeing him collapse to the ground than on the other team you have Gronk dancing around like he was on top of the world.

Ballard man you da man. Gronk man grow up

Voldamort
02-18-2012, 11:24 PM
Ballard has a ring,and dances better!

Toadofsteel
02-19-2012, 01:48 AM
I'd rather have someone like a (healthy) Ballard type on my team any day over a Gronk type...

slipknottin
02-19-2012, 02:51 AM
they also had completely different injuries.

Gronk had a high ankle sprain, which means he couldnt really push off it, but he should have no problem standing or dancing on it, provided hes not doing any jumping.

GMENAGAIN
02-19-2012, 08:43 AM
I'd rather have someone like a (healthy) Ballard type on my team any day over a Gronk type...

Well then you are dumb . . . . .

nhpgiantsfan
02-19-2012, 10:12 AM

Agreed that is just stupid.. It was horrible judgement on Gronks part to be out dancing after the game. However, that has nothing to do with his dedication to his team on the field. He manned up and played through a bad injury. Obviously he wasn't that effective, but he gave it his all.

JPP
02-19-2012, 02:49 PM

Our offense doesn't even utilize a Gronk type tight end, I like Ballard and all the guys we get who are blockers first and catchers second. It isn't glamorous but that is the way Giant TE have always been and I appreciate them much more than just some big guy turned WR put in the middle and called a TE. Gronk is great this isn't a slight against him but in all reality I like our physical TEs better. I always think it is awesome when our TE catches a ball and then steam roles 3 guys as he out slows guys up the field, it isn't ideal in todays new offenses but it is epic.

cornerback30
02-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Yeah Ballard at least tried to give it a go while the other guy while all you heard was how hurt he was.I tell you one thing had the Pats won that game all you woulda heard was how much heart this guy had for playing hurt.which I think was overblown,Ballard injury was legit and it showed when he tried to get back on the field.The other guy after losing the biggest game of his life went out dancing on the same ankle the media claimed was hurt so bad,(YEAH RIGHT).Congrats to Ballard for trying to give it a go even with that type of injury.

JDE123
02-19-2012, 03:42 PM
on 1 hand you have a guy like Ballard already with a bad leg and to watch him try and run on the giants sideline and that was awful seeing him collapse to the ground than on the other team you have Gronk dancing around like he was on top of the world.

Ballard man you da man. Gronk man grow up
It doesn't surprise me that you need a disclaimer in your signature stating "I am not a homer nor am I a Troll" when you post something like this. This is obviously a deliberately ignorant and moronic statement designed to get people riled up.

Gronk was injured in the 3rd quarter of the AFC Championship game. He tore multiple ligaments in his ankle, a severe injury that requires arthroscopic surgery and has a 10-week recovery period. He was taken into the locker room for examination and RETURNED THE VERY NEXT SERIES. He was blocking on the play when Tom Brady rushed for the game winning touchdown.

I realize that, instead of dancing, Gronk could have been doing more to help his team win a game that had ended hours earlier - perhaps sitting in his hotel room and building a time machine. But comparing Ballard falling to Gronk dancing is roughly as stupid as saying that Gronk is better because he played through his injury while Ballard gave up in the biggest game of the season.

nhpgiantsfan
02-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Yeah Ballard at least tried to give it a go while the other guy while all you heard was how hurt he was.I tell you one thing had the Pats won that game all you woulda heard was how much heart this guy had for playing hurt.which I think was overblown,Ballard injury was legit and it showed when he tried to get back on the field.The other guy after losing the biggest game of his life went out dancing on the same ankle the media claimed was hurt so bad,(YEAH RIGHT).Congrats to Ballard for trying to give it a go even with that type of injury.

So you are saying Gronk's injury wasn't legit. So Brady decided to throw only one ball to his best playmaker all day. The same guy that caught 8 passes for 101 yards against us in the regular season game. Gronk showed toughness just coming on the field. That is a typical 4week injury and he was out there in two. I like Ballard and all but Gronk is a flat out beast. He just made a stupid decision after the game. To say you'd rather have Ballard because you saw him try and run 10 yards on the sideline after getting hurt, is just stupid.

buffyblue
02-19-2012, 04:46 PM

Agreed that is just stupid.. It was horrible judgement on Gronks part to be out dancing after the game. However, that has nothing to do with his dedication to his team on the field. He manned up and played through a bad injury. Obviously he wasn't that effective, but he gave it his all.

I dont think it was horrible judgement at all. The guy was having surgery in a few days and the fact that he was able to go out and have a good time after that loss is very telling about him. He is able to move forward and not dwell on it.

Ballard made some big plays this year for us but there is no way that I would take him over Gronkowski. Gronkowski has the potential to be one of the greatest TEs ever.

GMENAGAIN
02-19-2012, 04:57 PM
I'd rather have someone like a (healthy) Ballard type on my team any day over a Gronk type... Well then you are dumb . . . . . Our offense doesn't even utilize a Gronk type tight end, I like Ballard and all the guys we get who are blockers first and catchers second. It isn't glamorous but that is the way Giant TE have always been and I appreciate them much more than just some big guy turned WR put in the middle and called a TE. Gronk is great this isn't a slight against him but in all reality I like our physical TEs better. I always think it is awesome when our TE catches a ball and then steam roles 3 guys as he out slows guys up the field, it isn't ideal in todays new offenses but it is epic.</P>

Eh, Gronkowski is also a much better blocker than Ballard.</P>

I'm not trying to dis Ballard, because I like him too, but to say that you'd rather have him at TE than Gronkowski is just ridiculous.</P>

GMENAGAIN
02-19-2012, 04:59 PM
on 1 hand you have a guy like Ballard already with a bad leg and to watch him try and run on the giants sideline and that was awful seeing him collapse to the ground than on the other team you have Gronk dancing around like he was on top of the world. Ballard man you da man. Gronk man grow up
It doesn't surprise me that you need a disclaimer in your signature stating "I am not a homer nor am I a Troll" when you post something like this. This is obviously a deliberately ignorant and moronic statement designed to get people riled up.

Gronk was injured in the 3rd quarter of the AFC Championship game. He tore multiple ligaments in his ankle, a severe injury that requires arthroscopic surgery and has a 10-week recovery period. He was taken into the locker room for examination and RETURNED THE VERY NEXT SERIES. He was blocking on the play when Tom Brady rushed for the game winning touchdown.

I realize that, instead of dancing, Gronk could have been doing more to help his team win a game that had ended hours earlier - perhaps sitting in his hotel room and building a time machine. But comparing Ballard falling to Gronk dancing is roughly as stupid as saying that Gronk is better because he played through his injury while Ballard gave up in the biggest game of the season.
</P>

Don't sweat it . . . . this guy is known as one of the dumbest posters on the MB. His preseason prediction was that the Giants would go 4-12 this year. That should tell you all you need to know about what he knows about football . . . . . .</P>

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-19-2012, 05:21 PM
I'd rather have someone like a (healthy) Ballard type on my team any day over a Gronk type... Well then you are dumb . . . . .Pretty nasty comment bud, I will take Ballard over a guy that is malingering and then goes out and dances when he is supposedly too hurt to play. Gronk is a WUSSY!!!!

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-19-2012, 05:29 PM
End this thread. Gronk is a Wuss and J. Ballard is a great TE. The only reason Gronk had any TD's is the Pats have no recievers and had no choice. He left his team high and dry in their time of need in search of punani.

nhpgiantsfan
02-19-2012, 06:47 PM
End this thread. Gronk is a Wuss and J. Ballard is a great TE. The only reason Gronk had any TD's is the Pats have no recievers and had no choice. He left his team high and dry in their time of need in search of punani.

90 catches, 1327 yards, 17 TD's, played with torn ligaments in the SB.

You're right! He's a "wuss"! I'd rather have Ballard. lolololololololololol

This thread is the most "homeristick" thread that I have ever seen.

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-19-2012, 07:25 PM

NO wide recievers(gotta pass to someone)</P>

If you call that actually playing in the superbowl you are not right in the head. He only lined up and jogged.</P>

Then go out and party your butt off jumping around as if your ankle isnt hurt. HE IS A WUSS!!!! </P>

You sir can go and pack sand!</P>

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-19-2012, 07:26 PM

BTW I am sure you dont even know what punani is. LMAO!

Toadofsteel
02-19-2012, 08:45 PM
For me it's all about discipline. Ballard is a team player. Gronk is a loose cannon that happened to have an explosive season. If these 2 TE sets become a lot more common eventually there will be defensive formations designed to counter them (in other words, they'll go the way of the wildcat). But overall, I'll take the one with better discipline over the one with better talent, especially the way the Giants ship is run these days.

nhpgiantsfan
02-19-2012, 08:49 PM

90 catches, 1327 yards, 17 TD's,* played with torn ligaments in the SB.

You're right!* He's a "wuss"!* I'd rather have Ballard. lolololololololololol

BTW I am sure you dont even know what punani is.
LMAO!

Ooohhh, tough guy with his NY leg tattoo. Nice come back. That's how idiots respond when they realize their original point had no juice!

Punani- something you thought you would finally start getting when you had that stain carved into your leg.

slipknottin
02-19-2012, 09:22 PM
End this thread. Gronk is a Wuss and J. Ballard is a great TE..

How is Gronk a wuss? He played almost the entire superbowl.

I dont see how him being less effective because he couldnt push off his leg makes him a wuss.

slipknottin
02-19-2012, 09:26 PM
Gronk is a loose cannon that happened to have an explosive season.

Where do people get this stuff?

Gronk is a loose cannon because he showed up to a SB after party that was planned long before the SB?

GMENAGAIN
02-19-2012, 11:01 PM
I'd rather have someone like a (healthy) Ballard type on my team any day over a Gronk type... Well then you are dumb . . . . .Pretty nasty comment bud, I will take Ballard over a guy that is malingering and then goes out and dances when he is supposedly too hurt to play. Gronk is a WUSSY!!!!</P>

Ok, I'll bite . . . . . so you think that Gronkowski only pretended to be limited in the SB? Why on earth would he do that?</P>

I love how guys with tattoos on their flabby arms call a guy like Gronkowski a wuss. (aren't you the guy that used to also display his flabby *** tattoo in his sig???) The guy could literally snap you into seven pieces with his pinky . . . . </P>

lawl
02-19-2012, 11:03 PM
Is someone seriously suggesting that Ballard is a better player than gronk?

JJC7301
02-19-2012, 11:11 PM
Gronk is a great player, but I'll take a healthy Ballard who would be a lot cheaper come their respective contract extensions. Gronk will be payed like a superstar, while Ballard (if healthy) will get a nice, but affordable contract (I assume).

nhpgiantsfan
02-19-2012, 11:38 PM
Gronk is a great player, but I'll take a healthy Ballard who would be a lot cheaper come their respective contract extensions. Gronk will be payed like a superstar, while Ballard (if healthy) will get a nice, but affordable contract (I assume).

Nobody has said they don't like Ballard or that we can afford Gronk. Just saying it's not fair to compare their talents.

JJC7301
02-19-2012, 11:50 PM

Nobody has said they don't like Ballard or that we can afford Gronk. Just saying it's not fair to compare their talents.
I'm not really comparing the 2 in terms of talent...Gronk is better hands down. I'm just saying that I'd rather have a healthy Ballard at a less expensive price (and put the superstar money in our WRs).

Gronk is an awesome player. I don't know what was going on with his dancing after the SB, but I'm sure he gave it his all in the SB. And Ballard is a gamer, no doubt about it.

giantsfan420
02-20-2012, 12:06 AM
Is someone seriously suggesting that Ballard is a better player than gronk?

right, i mean i respect the heck out of ballard and he made a huge contribution...that said, i'd take gronk 10 out of 10 times. he's a very good blocker, at least as good as ballard, and a beast in the passing game.

just bc gronks is awesome doesnt mean ballard is a scrub, but cmon now...any of u would honestly take ballard over gronks???

Flip Empty
02-20-2012, 12:14 AM
27 touchdowns in two seasons. Yeah no thanks, give me Ballard.

Joe Morrison
02-20-2012, 12:38 AM
I'm a Giant fan all the way but this is ridiculous.</P>

The TE is not featured in the Giant offense / when Ballard gets his shots he makes the best of them and has made some key plays / plus he is an awesome blocker.</P>

Gronk is a featured reciever for the Pats with the absence of a real wider reciever so his #'s are off the charts for a TE.</P>

They are both doing great with their roles so why don't we just leave it at that.</P>

JDE123
02-20-2012, 11:24 AM
I don't know what was going on with his dancing
after the SB, but I'm sure he gave it his all in the SB. And Ballard is
a gamer, no doubt about it.

Gronk is basically a 12 year old kid trapped in the body of a phenomenal
football player. I'm pretty sure he gives 100% to everything he does
every minute of the day.

Ballard does what the Giants ask him to do and he does it extremely well. You can't dismiss Gronk's production because "the Patriots don't have any wide receivers." Welker/Branch/Ocho caught a LOT more balls this year than Welker/Branch/Moss did last year, so if anything there were fewer balls to go around.

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-20-2012, 12:45 PM
I'd rather have someone like a (healthy) Ballard type on my team any day over a Gronk type... Well then you are dumb . . . . .Pretty nasty comment bud, I will take Ballard over a guy that is malingering and then goes out and dances when he is supposedly too hurt to play. Gronk is a WUSSY!!!!</P>

Ok, I'll bite . . . . . so you think that Gronkowski only pretended to be limited in the SB? Why on earth would he do that?</P>

I love how guys with tattoos on their flabby arms call a guy like Gronkowski a wuss. (aren't you the guy that used to also display his flabby *** tattoo in his sig???) The guy could literally snap you into seven pieces with his pinky . . . . </P>

I actually think that Gronkowski didnt play that hard because he wasnt able to, and if he messed up then he wouldnt be able to hold his head up and say atleast he tried. Welker has that confidence and even though the Brady throw was way off target, Welker stepped up and said he should have made the catch. In the end he should have been reflecting on the game after the loss instead of being an idiot on the dance floor showing the whole world his ankle wasnt as bad as portrayed.</P>

As far as making fun of may tattoo(which is actually on my leg) go ahead, it doesnt bother me. You might need to go back to kindergarten to learn to play nice.</P>

I dont really think Gronk could snap me into 7 pieces with his pinky and I dont think you do either. "Lighten up lawrence"</P>