PDA

View Full Version : Okay now that we won I can reveal the list

miked1958
02-07-2012, 10:08 PM
1) Christmas Tree went up right before Jets game and just came down yesterday.
2) had to lay out the #27 Hampton Jersery on to big throw pillows in exact same spot on black sofa
3) had to lay the #10 XXXXL Manning Jersey over the Tan Recliner in same spot.
4) had to lay the 58 Jersey over the corner of the wicker chest in exact spot each week.
5) had to have the non working Cell phone on arm of black sofa face down half way over the split in seam.

6) had to have the remote on the back of black sofa half way over seam.
7) had to have cell phone case and surround sound remote in their spots on top of wicker chest.
8) had to have working cell phone face down on its spot on wicker chest
9) had to have each person in their assigned seats, with wife in black recliner half way in room and half way in kitchen..
10) had to have her pile on snack table of 2 health books, 2 dollar general receipts with5 dollar off coupon on them, cell phone Manuel all,stacked in its spot on table

11) had to have the IPad on the arm of the other black sofa switched off and facing screen up
12) had to have sons Walmart bag of mini cheddar chip bags and pastatios, and bottles of coke on floor tied up. Only can be eaten and drank at half time
13) weed whacker line left in bridal wreath shrub where it landed prior to jets game
14) had to leave bottle of 7UP in back of my work truck bed in same spot. I picked it up while cleaning parking lot of hotel parking lot prior to jets game
15) daughters white robe (called "The White Coat" because of all then games its won for us over the years in its same spot on arm of Chase Lounge

16) daughter has to wear a giants hoodie passed down to her from her grandfather no matter how hot it is in room
17) had to wear bandaid on left foot put on prior to 2nd Dallas game
18) had to have stack of Sports IL and Newspapers, giants mags in their spot on left side of wicker chest
19) another stack of mags and newspapers spot on fireplace
20) in my room an old tuesday newspaper with,another Mag on
top of it with a pair of crew socks on that in front of drawer of desk

21) another pair of socks on top of package of toliet paper
22) meds I usually put in pillbox stacked on counter since before jets game
23) told neighbor to leave fake snowman on his porch since it was there since just prior to jets game
24) heating blanket on son and fiancÚ
25) cat had to be in room on floor or on her litttle stool

26) icemaker that is not hooked up to water supply in family room
fridge was going on and off calling for water since prior to jets game
27) daughter had same giants color nail polish on since prior to jets game and really needed to be redone butnshenwas scared to change it
28) son didn't cut toenails since prior to jets game (gross)
29) had not washed his car since prior to jets game
30) prob missing a few.......

Talk about rituals and superstitions....... Now we know if we did or didn't do all this stuff it wouldn't change outcome of game but we just couldnt change anything.....

I know it's crazy but we even all wore then exact same thing each week since prior to jets game

Drez
02-07-2012, 10:11 PM
rofl</P>

That is awesome.</P>

miked1958
02-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Sorry I know it's a nonsense post...

But we were just trying to do our part.lol

Also stopped posting in Gameday thread prior to jets game while game was going on.

Also ended my Post Counts each week prior to kickoff with either a 77 or 777 at the end of it

Now that I put this to a post and see it all written out.....
Man were we crazy or what... Seem stupid now looking at it

miked1958
02-07-2012, 10:15 PM
rofl</P>

That is awesome.</P>
Well u guys tell me what some of yours were. I know we all had them. Some admitted them.. Some kept them to themselves...
Some ashamed to say them.

I held back on most cause no one knew about them while it was going on and I didn't want to be the one to,screw it up. Lol

GameTime
02-07-2012, 10:24 PM
1) Christmas Tree went up right before Jets game and just came down yesterday. 2) had to lay out the #27 Hampton Jersery on to big throw pillows in exact same spot on black sofa 3) had to lay the #10 XXXXL Manning Jersey over the Tan Recliner in same spot. 4) had to lay the 58 Jersey over the corner of the wicker chest in exact spot each week. 5) had to have the non working Cell phone on arm of black sofa face down half way over the split in seam. 6) had to have the remote on the back of black sofa half way over seam. 7) had to have cell phone case and surround sound remote in their spots on top of wicker chest. 8) had to have working cell phone face down on its spot on wicker chest 9) had to have each person in their assigned seats, with wife in black recliner half way in room and half way in kitchen.. 10) had to have her pile on snack table of 2 health books, 2 dollar general receipts with5 dollar off coupon on them, cell phone Manuel all,stacked in its spot on table 11) had to have the IPad on the arm of the other black sofa switched off and facing screen up 12) had to have sons Walmart bag of mini cheddar chip bags and pastatios, and bottles of coke on floor tied up. Only can be eaten and drank at half time 13) weed whacker line left in bridal wreath shrub where it landed prior to jets game 14) had to leave bottle of 7UP in back of my work truck bed in same spot. I picked it up while cleaning parking lot of hotel parking lot prior to jets game 15) daughters white robe (called "The White Coat" because of all then games its won for us over the years in its same spot on arm of Chase Lounge 16) daughter has to wear a giants hoodie passed down to her from her grandfather no matter how hot it is in room 17) had to wear bandaid on left foot put on prior to 2nd Dallas game 18) had to have stack of Sports IL and Newspapers, giants mags in their spot on left side of wicker chest 19) another stack of mags and newspapers spot on fireplace 20) in my room an old tuesday newspaper with,another Mag on top of it with a pair of crew socks on that in front of drawer of desk 21) another pair of socks on top of package of toliet paper 22) meds I usually put in pillbox stacked on counter since before jets game 23) told neighbor to leave fake snowman on his porch since it was there since just prior to jets game 24) heating blanket on son and fiancÚ 25) cat had to be in room on floor or on her litttle stool 26) icemaker that is not hooked up to water supply in family room fridge was going on and off calling for water since prior to jets game 27) daughter had same giants color nail polish on since prior to jets game and really needed to be redone butnshenwas scared to change it 28) son didn't cut toenails since prior to jets game (gross) 29) had not washed his car since prior to jets game 30) prob missing a few....... Talk about rituals and superstitions....... Now we know if we did or didn't do all this stuff it wouldn't change outcome of game but we just couldnt change anything..... I know it's crazy but we even all wore then exact same thing each week since prior to jets game</P>

you are out of your mind....lol</P>

but thank you....clearly this is why the Giants won SB 46...:)</P>

BTW....I have a real NFL Hampton Jersey fromwhen he was playingand I met him at the Atlanta playoff game this season. I happen to be wearing the jersey and he signed the back for me. Very cool. I bring it up because I used to think the it was bad luck and didnt wear it for years. Last season I wore it here and there and they won 10 games. This season I wore a more often. Lucky I was wearing when I actually met Rodney...</P>

Also now you have to do all that same **** next year too you know.....[;)]</P>

zimonami
02-07-2012, 10:28 PM
A great list... great habits... great superstitions,...great paranoia... great fun.
For me, just 1... the same shirt since the Jets game.
And Jupiter aligns with Mars.
Any way you slice it, you did everything perfect.

elitosmith
02-07-2012, 10:28 PM
here's mine: 4 years ago I wore the same tie for the NFC title game at Green Bay, so I wore it again for the Super Bowl. Guess which tie was worn every Sunday for these playoffs??? Guess which tie will never, ever leave my closet???

gumby742
02-07-2012, 10:32 PM
Giants hat. Jacobs Jersey. Must sit in either the middle seat in the sofa or sit on the arm rest. During a big down, i need to sit in the middle seat with my hands on my chin.

Dress 2 year old son in Giants hoodie and Giants sweat pats.

Put a baby boppy around my waist (yes even with no baby on it).

GMenNY21
02-07-2012, 10:33 PM
I wore the same giants cap during each game since the jets game

miked1958
02-07-2012, 10:33 PM
Oh I know it's nuts now.. U should see some of the looks we got from neighbors with that Tree still up.. Lol

Yea like we really won cause of all that nonsense.. And yet I talked to family members and friends and a lot of them are same way. Scared to change anything they thought was working.. Like not shaving or whatever...

But after seening this list,, We are WAY OVER THE TOP

miked1958
02-07-2012, 10:34 PM
Giants hat. Jacobs Jersey. Must sit in either the middle seat in the sofa or sit on the arm rest. During a big down, i need to sit in the middle seat with my hands on my chin.

Dress 2 year old son in Giants hoodie and Giants sweat pats.

Put a baby boppy around my waist (yes even with no baby on it).
Ok maybe I am not as crazy as I thought... Lol

GameTime
02-07-2012, 10:35 PM
Giants hat. Jacobs Jersey. Must sit in either the middle seat in the sofa or sit on the arm rest. During a big down, i need to sit in the middle seat with my hands on my chin. Dress 2 year old son in Giants hoodie and Giants sweat pats. Put a baby boppy around my waist (yes even with no baby on it).</P>

wow....weird...</P>

this boarders on OCD......lol</P>

miked1958
02-07-2012, 10:49 PM
Giants hat. Jacobs Jersey. Must sit in either the middle seat in the sofa or sit on the arm rest. During a big down, i need to sit in the middle seat with my hands on my chin. Dress 2 year old son in Giants hoodie and Giants sweat pats. Put a baby boppy around my waist (yes even with no baby on it).</P>

wow....weird...</P>

And I don't??? Lol

the_fish62
02-07-2012, 11:14 PM
A sports caster from Portland did the same thing with his tie. Pretty awesome! My wife and I fought before every game Saturday night... Lol.... I'm not kidding.

giantsfan420
02-07-2012, 11:16 PM
my pops laid out an eli jersey on the tv room table next to the all in towel i gave to him *courtesy of YA
and did it from the falcons game on everything remained the same.

i wore the eli jersey every game until the 4th game in a row we had lost, my pops was like maybe its bad luck...

we all got our lucky habits

Bohemian
02-07-2012, 11:31 PM
LOL!!!

I love this post. This man is a true freak'n fan, and there is no doubt that he is the 12th man all by himself.

I have always tended to watch the games by myself, so no one messes with my good mojo... but I have to say that this years it was different. I helped my parents buy a new home, and have been staying with them for the last few months before taking off on my nomadic professional lifestyle. I watch the game with my dad (a Lions/Bills fan) and my brother (a diehard 49ers fan)... and they were being a bit of a pain during the time the Giants trailed, but non of them had watched the Giants perform their 4th quarter magic this season, so I knew that they would be silenced by Eli and the gang. Sooo sweet :)

I have to say that Miked1958 is a great fan. I hope that his family enjoyed the game as much as he did.

Go Blue!

Cindy in INdy
02-07-2012, 11:35 PM
AND I made sloppy joes with chips, put out Eli's autograph and the SB XLI t-shirt he signed, put up my Champions tshirt and put this stone by Eli's sig that reads on one side "I sought the Lord and he answered me, the other side "He delivered me from all my fears". The stone gets turned at halftime.

fightngiant
02-07-2012, 11:39 PM
damn this makes me feel terrible! Everytime i wore a giants shirt on Sunday they lost! So i stopped wearing any gear on Sundays!

My old man got me a conference championship hat and that sat on the coffee table for 2 weeks!

Now I can proudly wear my gearz!

giantyankee1976
02-07-2012, 11:40 PM
I rocked all Giants gear game day back in 2000

since then, every BIG game, playoff and Super Bowl, I wear no colors other than a jacket and hat/ cap

42- they won
46- they won

(my wife stays dipped in Big Blue blue though...)

so maybe it's her ?

touchdown44
02-07-2012, 11:47 PM
im always scared to wear giants gear on gameday.. i feel like it brings bad luck for some stupid reason. I just wear normal clothes usually... rock the **** out of my giants gear on mondays tho.
i had to sit in the same spot on the couch and had my buddy sit on the other couch in the same spot every game. ALso try crossing my fingers in weird positions and sometimes it works ill keep them that way untill we have a bad play... cant be good for my dexterity.
I also threw my drinking glass towards my kitchen after a ****ty play in the super bowl and shattered the door of my oven.. So worth it

elitosmith
02-07-2012, 11:55 PM
that sportscaster from portland was me. that was my post about the tie. are you in Oregon?

Hate_it_or_love_it
02-07-2012, 11:56 PM
Had to drink natty during the bowl. worked in 2007 while i was in college.

DragonSoul
02-08-2012, 12:08 AM
1) gave my dog max a bath every sat.

2) Had same breakfast no matter what time I woke up before the game.

3) Had the same Eagle fan over each week to watch our SB playoff run lol

YATittle1962
02-08-2012, 12:10 AM
2) had to lay out the #27 Hampton Jersery on to big throw pillows in exact same spot on black sofa
4) had to lay the 58 Jersey over the corner of the wicker chest in exact spot each week.
5) had to have the non working Cell phone on arm of black sofa face down half way over the split in seam.

7) had to have cell phone case and surround sound remote in their spots on top of wicker chest.
9) had to have each person in their assigned seats, with wife in black recliner half way in room and half way in kitchen..
10) had to have her pile on snack table of 2 health books, 2 dollar general receipts with5 dollar off coupon on them, cell phone Manuel all,stacked in its spot on table

11) had to have the IPad on the arm of the other black sofa switched off and facing screen up
12) had to have sons Walmart bag of mini cheddar chip bags and pastatios, and bottles of coke on floor tied up. Only can be eaten and drank at half time
13) weed whacker line left in bridal wreath shrub where it landed prior to jets game
14) had to leave bottle of 7UP in back of my work truck bed in same spot. I picked it up while cleaning parking lot of hotel parking lot prior to jets game
15) daughters white robe (called "The White Coat" because of all then games its won for us over the years in its same spot on arm of Chase Lounge

16) daughter has to wear a giants hoodie passed down to her from her grandfather no matter how hot it is in room
18) had to have stack of Sports IL and Newspapers, giants mags in their spot on left side of wicker chest

23) told neighbor to leave fake snowman on his porch since it was there since just prior to jets game

27) daughter had same giants color nail polish on since prior to jets game and really needed to be redone butnshenwas scared to change it

Talk about rituals and superstitions....... Now we know if we did or didn't do all this stuff it wouldn't change outcome of game but we just couldnt change anything.....

I know it's crazy but we even all wore then exact same thing each week since prior to jets game

love it

atl-giant
02-08-2012, 12:41 AM
Wow, I feel lazy..... All I did was wear the same grey short sleeve sweet shirt I wore when we won SB 21....

Bohemian
02-08-2012, 12:56 AM
LOL! #3 is just cruel! Eagles fans have to be in complete misery.... so much for their dream team. At least, my father is a huge baseball fan, and my brother supports a team that has found new life with their new coach. San Francisco was by far the toughest team we played this year... and after the NFC championship game, my brother was ALL IN with the Gmen... my dad was the one causing trouble... but he is a huge Michigan fan, so when he saw that Manningham plays for the Gmen, he just sat and watched talking about how good #82 (#86 at UofM) was as a wolverine.

Anyhow, torturing Eagles fans is always great. This year I realized that I really really really dislike the Eagles, and that I love beating the Jets.

Go Blue!

Robert21156
02-08-2012, 01:18 AM
Actually, my wife is totally responsible for the Gmen winning the Super Bowl. She ordered 3 different Giants t-shirts from the NFL website for our 2 sons and me to wear on game days. She gave them to us on the day of the Jets game and we wore them faithfully that day and every game after that. We also sat in the same spots on sofas in different rooms! Thanks JoAnn for "making it happen!"

bill2000
02-08-2012, 03:55 AM
Ok here's mine: After the Redskins game I threw my 80's vintage Giants troll against the wall and he fell behind the stand up mirror.Poor little guy. I forgot about him and we won the next game.

After that I was afraid to rescue him so he stayed there till after the game Sunday night.

He's back in his place of honor now (the curio cabinet).

GCGiant
02-08-2012, 05:26 AM

I may be a little "stitious"...but you win the prize for being super stitious. (borrowed joke from Eli)

Firenugget
02-08-2012, 05:34 AM
I'll NEVER tell. I need em for next year.[:D]

scf424
02-08-2012, 09:10 AM
Didn't shave since the Jets game.

Didnt wear a piece of Giants clothing/gear during the games.

coachjdc
02-08-2012, 09:16 AM
I had quite a few in terms of clothes & rituals during the games, but I'll mention just this one. I have a copy of the sports page of our local paper sitting on a chair in the front hall. It carries the headline "Repeating History?" It's from the week prior to the Atlanta game. At some point after the Wild Card round win, I decided I "had to" leave it there. LOL

miked1958
02-08-2012, 12:29 PM
I had quite a few in terms of clothes &amp; rituals during the games, but I'll mention just this one. I have a copy of the sports page of our local paper sitting on a chair in the front hall. It carries the headline "Repeating History?" It's from the week prior to the Atlanta game. At some point after the Wild Card round win, I decided I "had to" leave it there. LOL</P>

Awesome. leave it there till next season please</P>

GameTime
02-08-2012, 12:32 PM

wow....weird...</P>

And I don't??? Lol</P>

I commented on yours already..lol</P>

you are beyond OCD....no catagory for you other than just "****ing nuts".....lol</P>

</P>

</P>

miked1958
02-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Didn't shave since the Jets game. Didnt wear a piece of Giants clothing/gear during the games.</P>

Usually wear all gmen stuff during games. for whatever reason. I didnt during the Jets game. Had on just a grey tee shirt with white embl***ed Lettering... with big N Y on it. Not Giants realated. just NY in general. Well they won during Jets game. So I wore it again during Dallas game. ANOTHER BLOWOUT WIN....</P>

Hey where it during playoff game vs atlanta everyone said.. Wore it. Another Blowout..</P>

GB----- ANOTHER BLOWOUT...</P>

SF----WORE IT... we struggled but won so i figured maybe i should wash it. lol</P>

NE--- wore it.... and WE WIN IT ALL&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;</P>

You can bet i will start out the 2012 Season wearing that shirt. </P>

But as i explained in all the numbered ones above we still had all our Jerseys placed in their spots around the room....</P>

Rich4114
02-08-2012, 12:41 PM
LOL this is the best post ever. I have my own list but it is nothing like the OP's list. WOW

You should take your family on vacation after making them share in the rituals. The wife on chair half way in kitchen one had me rofl

miked1958
02-08-2012, 12:47 PM
LOL this is the best post ever. I have my own list but it is nothing like the OP's list. WOW

You should take your family on vacation after making them share in the rituals. The wife on chair half way in kitchen one had me rofl
</P>

YEP... she didnt really appreciate it to much but went along with it. She was also ready to toss that Christmas tree out the window...</P>

All this stuff on the list kinda evolved over the weeks we were winning. </P>

So question is.. do i go back to all that starting next seasons games??.. (MINUS the Christmas tree, in case the Wife reads this.. dont think she would appreciate me putting up the tree in September. LOL)</P>

peytonkrug
02-08-2012, 12:54 PM
In Omaha; prior to all Giants games</P>

1. Take Giants mini Helmet off mantle, put in crock and cover up with newspaper.</P>

2. Take Giants teddy bear and hold during game, (48 year old man)</P>

3. All members of family sit in assigned place and must watch game, no leaving.</P>

4. Boy wears all Giants stuff</P>

5. Boy sits on Giants blanket.</P>

6. Father will wear NO Giants wear day of game.</P>

7. Dr. Pepper must be served.</P>

8. Giants football cards lay in front of boy watching game.</P>

9. NO name calling against Eli.</P>

bandwgn86
02-08-2012, 12:58 PM
1) Christmas Tree went up right before Jets game and just came down yesterday. 2) had to lay out the #27 Hampton Jersery on to big throw pillows in exact same spot on black sofa 3) had to lay the #10 XXXXL Manning Jersey over the Tan Recliner in same spot. 4) had to lay the 58 Jersey over the corner of the wicker chest in exact spot each week. 5) had to have the non working Cell phone on arm of black sofa face down half way over the split in seam. 6) had to have the remote on the back of black sofa half way over seam. 7) had to have cell phone case and surround sound remote in their spots on top of wicker chest. 8) had to have working cell phone face down on its spot on wicker chest 9) had to have each person in their assigned seats, with wife in black recliner half way in room and half way in kitchen.. 10) had to have her pile on snack table of 2 health books, 2 dollar general receipts with5 dollar off coupon on them, cell phone Manuel all,stacked in its spot on table 11) had to have the IPad on the arm of the other black sofa switched off and facing screen up 12) had to have sons Walmart bag of mini cheddar chip bags and pastatios, and bottles of coke on floor tied up. Only can be eaten and drank at half time 13) weed whacker line left in bridal wreath shrub where it landed prior to jets game 14) had to leave bottle of 7UP in back of my work truck bed in same spot. I picked it up while cleaning parking lot of hotel parking lot prior to jets game 15) daughters white robe (called "The White Coat" because of all then games its won for us over the years in its same spot on arm of Chase Lounge 16) daughter has to wear a giants hoodie passed down to her from her grandfather no matter how hot it is in room 17) had to wear bandaid on left foot put on prior to 2nd Dallas game 18) had to have stack of Sports IL and Newspapers, giants mags in their spot on left side of wicker chest 19) another stack of mags and newspapers spot on fireplace 20) in my room an old tuesday newspaper with,another Mag on top of it with a pair of crew socks on that in front of drawer of desk 21) another pair of socks on top of package of toliet paper 22) meds I usually put in pillbox stacked on counter since before jets game 23) told neighbor to leave fake snowman on his porch since it was there since just prior to jets game 24) heating blanket on son and fiancÚ 25) cat had to be in room on floor or on her litttle stool 26) icemaker that is not hooked up to water supply in family room fridge was going on and off calling for water since prior to jets game 27) daughter had same giants color nail polish on since prior to jets game and really needed to be redone butnshenwas scared to change it 28) son didn't cut toenails since prior to jets game (gross) 29) had not washed his car since prior to jets game 30) prob missing a few....... Talk about rituals and superstitions....... Now we know if we did or didn't do all this stuff it wouldn't change outcome of game but we just couldnt change anything..... I know it's crazy but we even all wore then exact same thing each week since prior to jets gamewow.. and here i thought i had issues..j/k btw how did you get your cat to stay on her stool the whole time... on second thought nevermind lol

G-Man67
02-08-2012, 01:00 PM
i was never comfortable DVRing a game ... i always thought, no way is God going to let me enjoy a win and then enjoy the win again !!!

now while you may want to consult a therapist ... it does show how crazy sports makes us diehard fans

miked1958
02-08-2012, 01:03 PM
1) Christmas Tree went up right before Jets game and just came down yesterday. 2) had to lay out the #27 Hampton Jersery on to big throw pillows in exact same spot on black sofa 3) had to lay the #10 XXXXL Manning Jersey over the Tan Recliner in same spot. 4) had to lay the 58 Jersey over the corner of the wicker chest in exact spot each week. 5) had to have the non working Cell phone on arm of black sofa face down half way over the split in seam. 6) had to have the remote on the back of black sofa half way over seam. 7) had to have cell phone case and surround sound remote in their spots on top of wicker chest. 8) had to have working cell phone face down on its spot on wicker chest 9) had to have each person in their assigned seats, with wife in black recliner half way in room and half way in kitchen.. 10) had to have her pile on snack table of 2 health books, 2 dollar general receipts with5 dollar off coupon on them, cell phone Manuel all,stacked in its spot on table 11) had to have the IPad on the arm of the other black sofa switched off and facing screen up 12) had to have sons Walmart bag of mini cheddar chip bags and pastatios, and bottles of coke on floor tied up. Only can be eaten and drank at half time 13) weed whacker line left in bridal wreath shrub where it landed prior to jets game 14) had to leave bottle of 7UP in back of my work truck bed in same spot. I picked it up while cleaning parking lot of hotel parking lot prior to jets game 15) daughters white robe (called "The White Coat" because of all then games its won for us over the years in its same spot on arm of Chase Lounge 16) daughter has to wear a giants hoodie passed down to her from her grandfather no matter how hot it is in room 17) had to wear bandaid on left foot put on prior to 2nd Dallas game 18) had to have stack of Sports IL and Newspapers, giants mags in their spot on left side of wicker chest 19) another stack of mags and newspapers spot on fireplace 20) in my room an old tuesday newspaper with,another Mag on top of it with a pair of crew socks on that in front of drawer of desk 21) another pair of socks on top of package of toliet paper 22) meds I usually put in pillbox stacked on counter since before jets game 23) told neighbor to leave fake snowman on his porch since it was there since just prior to jets game 24) heating blanket on son and fiancÚ 25) cat had to be in room on floor or on her litttle stool 26) icemaker that is not hooked up to water supply in family room fridge was going on and off calling for water since prior to jets game 27) daughter had same giants color nail polish on since prior to jets game and really needed to be redone butnshenwas scared to change it 28) son didn't cut toenails since prior to jets game (gross) 29) had not washed his car since prior to jets game 30) prob missing a few....... Talk about rituals and superstitions....... Now we know if we did or didn't do all this stuff it wouldn't change outcome of game but we just couldnt change anything..... I know it's crazy but we even all wore then exact same thing each week since prior to jets gamewow.. and here i thought i had issues..j/k btw how did you get your cat to stay on her stool the whole time... on second thought nevermind lol</P>

Thats the funny part. we didnt.. and there is like 3-4 other rooms she can get to from living room. It was strange that during the games she was always in the room or on that little Stool for the whole game and with as much noise as we make its no wonder she didnt run and hide.</P>

by the way i noticed that the two tags she wears put on by vet are giants colors. One all red and one all blue. coincedence because i was transferred down here (on Alabamas Gulf Coast near Florida State line) 15yrs ago and there are hardly any giants fans. Mostly Saints, Atlanta, Jags, Tampa, ever Dallas. BUT no GMEN fans to speak of. </P>

miked1958
02-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Lots of converted ones though you can bet your a...

miked1958
02-08-2012, 01:05 PM

1. Take Giants mini Helmet off mantle, put in crock and cover up with newspaper.</P>

3. All members of family sit in assigned place and must watch game, no leaving.</P>

</P>

OKAY.. NOW we are talking. See I am not the only one.... come on I KNOW THERE ARE OTHERS&gt; POST HERE&gt;</P>

Relentless
02-08-2012, 01:21 PM
I only have one really big one...the lucky hat.

Anyone who was at the NFC Championship game vs. the Redskins during the 1986 season will remember how freezing cold and unbelievably windy it was that day. My attire for the game consisted of heavy-duty, cold weather gear. While we were tailgating one of our crew pointed out that I wasn't wearing any "Giants" stuff. This worried me a little so when a guy came around selling Giants hats, I bought one (5 bucks). It was red and blue, with a red pom-pom on top, and a round patch on the front that had a silhouette of the Giants helmet and the word "GIANTS" written below.

After the game I forgot about the hat, but prior to the Super Bowl XXV playoffs I remembered it had been good luck during the championship game so I wore it during each of the playoff games and during the Super Bowl.

The legend of the hat was solidified during the 2000 season when, upon my arrival at a Super Bowl party I realized I had forgotten it This gave me a really bad feeling but I convinced myself not to go back home to get it because it was just a silly superstition.

I don't wear it all the time though, only when I get a gut feeling before a big game that says, "wear the hat" This year it was the second Dallas game, the Green Bay and San Fran games, and the Super Bowl.

The Giants have never lost a game when I wore the hat.

nygsb42champs
02-08-2012, 01:22 PM
Great list.

GameTime
02-08-2012, 01:23 PM

</P>

so .....during the 4 game slide why didnt you change anything. Or do you??</P>

when do you start this insanity and how do you decide what insane things to do....lol</P>

NMGiantsFan
02-08-2012, 03:57 PM
No Joke, Every time my wife wore her Osi Jersey this year we lost. She wore it for Superbowl until half time when I made her take it off. that ones getting retired and she will get a Tuck or JPP.

Also in the 6 game run I have had no beer in second half of games...

miked1958
02-09-2012, 03:24 AM
No Joke, Every time my wife wore her Osi Jersey this year we lost. She wore it for Superbowl until half time when I made her take it off. that ones getting retired and she will get a Tuck or JPP.

I say do whatever works..... We have to do our part

calzonesays
02-09-2012, 03:26 AM

I hope she was wearing a shirt underneath

miked1958
02-09-2012, 03:28 AM
We as fans suit up each game putting on what we feel gives our team the best shot at winning.

And that includes sitting in your favorite Giants spot a certain way and a number of other Rituals us fans go through...

Thanks GMen for makin this one season to remember for a long long time

miked1958
02-09-2012, 03:28 AM

Lol

tikiandphil
02-09-2012, 03:33 AM
Dude.... Thank you so much. I had no idea anyone was working that hard on my behalf....it worked and I love that you made the effort.

Is she Conan's wife?
02-09-2012, 09:38 AM

Why?

Anyway, my rituals change each season. They weren't all that intricate this year.

I had to wear the same shirt for the game, but couldn't wear it all day. For example, on Super Bowl Sunday, I changed into it around 5pm. My oldest son could not wear any NYG gear.

DragonSoul
02-09-2012, 10:27 PM
I forgot to add. I stopped DVRing the games since the Jets game.

Normally I would save the best, but now i got zip, but we did win the SB so I can deal. Hoping to buy the SB 46 playoff run dvd set again like i did in 08

miked1958
02-10-2012, 05:42 AM
I forgot to add. I stopped DVRing the games since the Jets game.

Normally I would save the best, but now i got zip, but we did win the SB so I can deal. Hoping to buy the SB 46 playoff run dvd set again like i did in 08
For me it was th opposite. I started DVRing from Jets game on...

So you see the giants problem the whole time wasnt injuries and a tough second half schedule. Nope. All that had to happen was for you and I to switch our DVRing habits. So that's It!! Two guys single handedly responsible for the giants losing streak and run to super bowl. So there you have it!!! Glad we straightened that out before it got to late

miked1958
02-14-2012, 11:38 PM
You guys see the Thread on the Giants players, Coaches and Staffs Superstitions... Crazy stuff...

Slunk3AM
02-14-2012, 11:51 PM
Is there any way you would sell me the 4XL Eli jersey?

ru_gmen55
02-15-2012, 12:05 AM
Wow...now that's an impressive list haha. My only supersticious thing was a Donald Duck t-shirt that I just so happened to wear on Christmas Eve for my nephew...after that, I just had to put it on every single Sunday...

miked1958
02-15-2012, 12:07 AM
I don't know. Normally I would say yes, but it's a good luck charm..lol

miked1958
02-15-2012, 12:11 AM
We got it from a friend of a friend in NC. Neither of us knew we were both Gmen fans till my son got to his house and saw all the gmen gear and stuff. He was so pumped to meet another gmen fan he gave my son the jersey. He was a huge guy, a Samoan I think. Anyway it had some wing sauce stains he said he couldn't get out. I was going to wash it to teamed get them out but the giants started winning and I couldn't wash it

Slunk3AM
02-15-2012, 12:18 AM

Please?

:-)

It must be good luck to assist another Die Hard Giants fan!

miked1958
02-15-2012, 12:23 AM

Please?

I am not sure.... Will talk to my son about it... Meanwhile... Are we even allowed to talk about this on here. Lol. I know there isn't supposed to be any selling. But I think it's meant for people trying to profit from their own business ventures.

miked1958
02-15-2012, 12:24 AM
Anyway if you are serious and we are willing to part with it. PM me an offer I guess

mrphilbluntz
02-15-2012, 01:04 AM
Got a Giants sweatshirt the day of the Jets game....wore it every sunday (except cowboys game).
Had to wear snap back Giants hat
Had to wear shorts and slippers (i don't watch the games at home)
Wouldn't change stock background on new phone
Have to sit in the middle of the couch
Get up and walk into a certain room during halftime
Refuse to drink during the games
No social networking during games

Whew. I'm glad I'm not alone on this superstitions thing

miked1958
02-15-2012, 01:11 AM
Got a Giants sweatshirt the day of the Jets game....wore it every sunday (except cowboys game).
Had to wear snap back Giants hat
Had to wear shorts and slippers (i don't watch the games at home)
Wouldn't change stock background on new phone
Have to sit in the middle of the couch
Get up and walk into a certain room during halftime
Refuse to drink during the games
No social networking during games

Whew. I'm glad I'm not alone on this superstitions thing

Well I don't know if I mentioned it in the OP but number 31 on the list would be... I got a new phone just before a jets game and bought Giants WallPaper for it.. And they didn't lose since I put it on there

miked1958
02-15-2012, 01:13 AM
Oh and u are not alone. Check out the thread about giants Owners, Coaches, Players and Staff and their Superstitions...Wow!!

arrjay
02-15-2012, 02:33 AM
...bought a Cruz jersey and wore it at the last (Cowboy) game of the season......we won...wore it the next week to the Falcons game,...... and then wherever I was for the remaining games....that bad boy was on....

miked1958
02-15-2012, 07:06 AM

Please?

Actually I just checked it. It's a 5XL

gumby742
02-15-2012, 08:33 AM

</P>

This is hysterical. Although I must say, #7, Dr Pepper is the best soda ever.</P>

miked1958
02-15-2012, 09:02 AM
I thought the it was hysterical that the 2 Giants that were sent to get the Ham for the ST player with the biggest Hit would leave the team practice on Fridays around the same time for their trek to the Supermarket. They had to take the same route as the first time they went prior to the Jets win and always had to make the same wrong turn they made on their original run. They would also sit and wait in the parking lot of the Supermarket for a Minivan to come by before they would pull out. That was the type of vechicle that cut them off when they went their first time.</P>

also they once missed one of the turns and had to go all the way back to the Stadium to start over to make sure they didnt screw something up for the team</P>

or the one about Deihl who had to talk to his friend 4yr old son back in 07 prior to each game including the playoffs and how frantic he was when he couldnt get a hold of the father who was on a flight enroute to the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Al. He said when he landed there was ten voice mails from David. The first few were calm and then they got more and more frantic as the giants were in locker room preparing to play agianst the packers in NFCCG...</P>

there is alot more. funny stuff</P>

a4gmen
02-15-2012, 10:08 AM
This is hysterical.I thought I was the only one who did this sort of thing !

miked1958
02-15-2012, 10:34 PM
This is hysterical.I thought I was the only one who did this sort of thing !

Well let's hear a few of yours

bleedBLUE84
02-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Same outfit every week since the Jets game. Same sweats, t-shirt. and hat. Also went to Dallas Sunday night game and they handed out towels that game. So every game after that I had towel in my hand while on the couch.

miked1958
02-16-2012, 11:20 AM
Same outfit every week since the Jets game. Same sweats, t-shirt. and hat. Also went to Dallas Sunday night game and they handed out towels that game. So every game after that I had towel in my hand while on the couch.</P>

Awesome!!</P>

</P>

I wonder if all this stuff will still work next season since we all gave up our Rituals and Supersitions? Or do we all have to come up with a whole bunch of new ones.</P>

miked1958
02-16-2012, 11:27 AM
also in that Thread about the Giants Superstitions was a link on how TC rufused to do the Traditional move to a more remote Hotel away from all the crazy party downtown area and distractions. He said that he didnt do it in 07 so he was not going to do it in 11. It worked out nicely Id say

miked1958
07-14-2012, 11:04 AM
Bumping this up till I get time to copy and print it from my desktop. Have to have the List in case we get the new boards before season starts and we lose all the old threads.

Wouldn't want to mess anything up by not doing something on the list or doing them out of order lol.

I already saw a thread about the gnomes today.. Lol

Diamondring
07-14-2012, 11:30 AM
I'm thinking what Eli did back some time ago that helped us.

miked1958
07-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Yep and I feel he will do it again this yr.

We also have to do are part as well. Lol

Cindy in INdy
07-17-2012, 01:07 PM
oh LAWWWDD you iz cr***zy

miked1958
08-03-2012, 11:34 PM
oh LAWWWDD you iz cr***zyYep but it kind of just evolved. Kinda not wanting to change anything even though you really know its all meaningless as far as outcome of game. But in your mind u say that worked so I won't change it. You think I'm crazy you should see what some of the giants coaches and players did. Or all the guys burying the nomes.look them up

Toadofsteel
08-04-2012, 10:37 AM
How about that white wristband j***?

jomo
08-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Three comments,
1. Very impressive list, about twice as long as mine.
2. How did I miss this one in February?
3. Keep it going!

miked1958
08-04-2012, 10:25 PM
Three comments,1. Very impressive list, about twice as long as mine.2. How did I miss this one in February?3. Keep it going!My wife went and changed the furniture around in the offseason. Now it's all set up different. If we start messing up I'm changing it back the way it was. Other then that keeping everything else going. Well short of putting up the Christmas tree in Sept. don't think she'd go for that! Lol...

miked1958
08-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Jomo. What's some of the stuff on your list?

miked1958
08-04-2012, 10:27 PM
How about that white wristband j***?Yes they showed pics of Simms, Hoss, and Eli in both of his SBs all wearing the white wristband. Collins was not wearing it in ravens loss

FlyingTruck
08-04-2012, 11:16 PM

OMG I lost it on this one!