Looks like we are good for a few years. I am sure we will have back ups ready

Diehl, David 31
Boothe, Kevin 28
Baas, David 30
Snee, Chris 30
McKenzie, Kareem 32

Eli was sacked 28 times regular season
and 11 times in the play off run.

Not that old for O line man I would think.Of course if we have an upgrade of what we have then great.

How do you guys see our O line.

Bohemian
02-08-2012, 12:48 AM
I don't think that they are that old, but I do think that they need to play together for longer, as we really did not see them dominate until later in the year, when they were able to open holes for the running game. If I am wrong, and they are not as good as they performed in the latter part of the year, then there must be an upgrade, starting the the OT. If we do get a top notch OT this off-season, I would like to see Diehl return to his natural G position.

Go Blue!

Overdrive92
02-08-2012, 01:31 AM
I think McKenzie is a goner to be honest. He was the weakest of the group, and he's an aging free agent. I can't imagine they resign him, especially with young talent like Brewer and Beatty on the team.

ibbill
02-08-2012, 01:49 AM
I think McKenzie is a goner to be honest. He was the weakest of the group, and he's an aging free agent. I can't imagine they resign him, especially with young talent like Brewer and Beatty on the team.

What a better way to go out with a ring. Then again he would be a great back up if the price is right.

elitosmith
02-08-2012, 01:55 AM
I really liked the way Petrus performed this year too. the run game seemed to be very solid when he was in there...

CruzSoldier
02-08-2012, 02:00 AM
You are fooling yourself if you think this O-line is "good" they are average at best ELI was the reason he didn't get sacked way more. they NEED a LT,LG,and a C, the only 2 I would keep as starters would be Snee and move Beatty to right tackle. Keep Deihl for depth and get rid of Baas he is a bum which we overpaid for. Mckenzie was abused this year and Diehl's play has fallen off big time.

ibbill
02-08-2012, 02:00 AM
maybe booth at C and Petrus at G not bad having great players as back ups

ibbill
02-08-2012, 02:01 AM
You are fooling yourself if you think this O-line is "good" they are average at best ELI was the reason he didn't get sacked way more. they NEED a LT,LG,and a C, the only 2 I would keep as starters would be Snee and move Beatty to right tackle. Keep Deihl for depth and get rid of Baas he is a bum which we overpaid for. Mckenzie was abused this year and Diehl's play has fallen off big time.

Not fooling my self was asking what you guys thought I was thinking booth at center and petrus at G

Overdrive92
02-08-2012, 02:05 AM

Baas will be the C.
Snee will be the RG.
Beatty will be the LT.

So that leaves two more spots, and it depends here. On one hand, they could keep Diehl at T and start Boothe or Petrus at G. Or they could move Diehl back in to G, but that would require Brewer to become a new starter. Is he ready to start?

CruzSoldier
02-08-2012, 04:47 AM
If Baas is the starting center we will have trouble again running the football. Boothe was way better than him and he is not even a true center. I would like to see them add a very good C and a LT and move Beatty to RT.

GiantFanatic55
02-08-2012, 02:22 PM

Baas will be the C.
Snee will be the RG.
Beatty will be the LT.

So that leaves two more spots, and it depends here. On one hand, they could keep Diehl at T and start Boothe or Petrus at G. Or they could move Diehl back in to G, but that would require Brewer to become a new starter. Is he ready to start?

I think it'll be

Beatty LT, Petrus LG, Bass C, Snee RG, and Diehl/Brewer/FA/Draft at RT

Boothe is very versatile can play C and G

If Diehl doesn't start at RT then hes a good back up to have..he can play G and T

JJC7301
02-08-2012, 02:25 PM
I don't think that they are that old, but I do think that they need to play together for longer, as we really did not see them dominate until later in the year, when they were able to open holes for the running game. If I am wrong, and they are not as good as they performed in the latter part of the year, then there must be an upgrade, starting the the OT. If we do get a top notch OT this off-season, I would like to see Diehl return to his natural G position.

Go Blue!
</P>

No, they need to get younger otherwise you're going to start rebuilding your entire line all at the same time. They need some new tackles -- replace Beatty (I don't think he's very good) and McKenzie, and use Diehl is a back-up T and G at a reduced price. The starting Guards are fine (I'massuming Boothe as the starting Guard becuase Ibelieve that he'll be starting in 2012).</P>

JJC7301
02-08-2012, 02:27 PM
If Baas is the starting center we will have trouble again running the football. Boothe was way better than him and he is not even a true center. I would like to see them add a very good C and a LT and move Beatty to RT.</P>

The run was much better the last 6 games of the season, and they need to figure out why it got better. I'm not willing to have a crappy run game through most of the season next year, again. They'd better figure out whether or not Baas is the real deal and can help in the run game or not. If he can't, then replace him with Boothe or a pick.</P>

Kruunch
02-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Looks like we are good for a few years. I am sure we will have back ups ready

Diehl, David 31
Boothe, Kevin 28
Baas, David 30
Snee, Chris 30
McKenzie, Kareem 32

Eli was sacked 28 times regular season
and 11 times in the play off run.

Not that old for O line man I would think.Of course if we have an upgrade of what we have then great.

How do you guys see our O line.

KM will be gone.

You forgot Beatty up there who is fairly young.

We'll need a replacement at RT ... possibly Brewer and/or a draft pick this year.

nygsb42champs
02-08-2012, 02:28 PM
I thought K-Mac was older. I would like to see Petrus get in there.

Kase-1
02-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Beatty will be our LT, he was our starter til he got a detached retina.

I think DD is going to be making too much money to be a backup. Boothe made a great play to be a starting LG, Snee is locked up at RG, and Baas' contract makes sure he's locked up at C.

RT is a spot that we have an opening at, I havent seen enough of Brewer to warrant him a starting spot, but maybe we can give DD a shot outside, otherwise we should cut him even if its painful becasue of his versitility

GfieldGmen
02-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Its possible Diehl becomes a cap casualty as he is due 8mil for the next 2 yrs. Though he may just reconstruct his contract.

GiantFanatic55
02-08-2012, 02:54 PM
I thought K-Mac was older. I would like to see Petrus get in there.

Petrus is a beast

He tied the NFL Combine bench press record for an o-lineman with 45 reps

Here's a vid of him doin work
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnRMXz9jb5I

galaxy10
02-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Its possible Diehl becomes a cap casualty as he is due 8mil for the next 2 yrs. Though he may just reconstruct his contract.

I think Diehl is positioning himself for a career in broadcasting. If he is, he might want to stay in New York. Smart guy to position himself for a career after football

ibbill
02-08-2012, 03:02 PM
I know people beat up on him. Hope we don't lose him over salary cap. I still think he will be a starter on most other teams.

What a nice problem we have lot of great O line man to choose from.

freeoscar
02-08-2012, 03:11 PM
I don't get the praise for the o-line. its our weakest area imo (defensive backfield and LB should improve through non-injury). The run blocking this year was probably the worst I've seen it in my 30yrs of watching Giant's football. The pass blocking was serviceable, although they nearly got Eli decapitated in SF.
We need to re-build that line starting now. Eli is 31 already - what limited mobility he has will only decline.
As nice as it was to see a Giant QB put up MVP type #s, I'd prefer 2000 yds running and 4000 passing to the splits they had this year.

jppmvp90
02-08-2012, 03:17 PM
beatty doesnt do it for me. wasnt impressed. i like boothe petrus snee. diehl wont ever agree to be a backup

galaxy10
02-08-2012, 03:23 PM
I don't get the praise for the o-line. its our weakest area imo (defensive backfield and LB should improve through non-injury). The run blocking this year was probably the worst I've seen it in my 30yrs of watching Giant's football. The pass blocking was serviceable, although they nearly got Eli decapitated in SF.
We need to re-build that line starting now. Eli is 31 already - what limited mobility he has will only decline.
As nice as it was to see a Giant QB put up MVP type #s, I'd prefer 2000 yds running and 4000 passing to the splits they had this year.

+1

TrueBlue@NYC
02-08-2012, 03:29 PM
JR's definintly got some decisions to make with the OL. </P>

DD makes too much money to be a back-up. I think his best spot may actually be at RT since it seems like he's more comfotable playing outside now than earlier in his career. His skill set as a good run blocker and decent pass blocker actually fit that position very nicely. The only reason why I think they havent done it sooner was b/c of Mac, who I don't see getting resigned at his age and how much he struggled this season. </P>

Beatty I feel will get another shot at the LT spot. Boothe seems to have earned a Guard spot. Baas will likely get another shot at C since cutting him after 1 year would hurt cap wise and sometimes it takes a FA a season to get acclimated to a new environment. </P>

Another things to consider is that we probably get Koets back next season, and he may figure into the mix at center. Either way they'll need to add some pieces in the draft. </P>

ibbill
02-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Yikes forgot about KOETS another bonus for us to rebuild and get a O line that will be the envy of every team.

Teams are finding out with the WR and QB we have that they can't put 8 in the box and jam our run. This should really help our run game.

Overdrive92
02-08-2012, 06:05 PM
beatty doesnt do it for me. wasnt impressed. i like boothe petrus snee. diehl wont ever agree to be a backup

I actually thought Beatty was pretty good until he got hurt. He wasn't amazing, but he definitely did better than I expected.

He was also much better than Diehl during some games. Once Beatty got hurt, Diehl became a turnstile. Luckily, Diehl shaped up his play just before the Playoff run.

Overdrive92
02-08-2012, 06:05 PM
Yikes forgot about KOETS another bonus for us to rebuild and get a O line that will be the envy of every team.

Koets was cut earlier this year.