PDA

View Full Version : From a Steelers fan.

Steelers7
02-08-2012, 12:52 AM
Congratulations on a well earned Super Bowl victory against the Cheatriots. I will say that the G-Men became my NFC team ever since the beat the Patriots in SB 42. I hate the Patriots with a passion because the cheated the Steelers out of two Super Bowls. All i gotta say is 0-2 in Super Bowls since they got caught cheating haha. Defense wins championships and as a Steelers fan, i am jealous of your D.

JJC7301
02-08-2012, 12:54 AM
Thanks. A lot of Giant fans respect the Steelers and their organization, too. I guess we've got that Rooney Mara connection going.

Overdrive92
02-08-2012, 12:56 AM
Thank you.

See you guys later this year.

Steelers7
02-08-2012, 12:56 AM
Haha that's funny because my Father recently told me that the Rooneys and Maras are related. No wonder i like the Giants. Eli and Big Ben represent the 2004 QB class well and i would love to see these two teams square off in a future Super Bowl.

Overdrive92
02-08-2012, 12:59 AM
Haha that's funny because my Father recently told me that the Rooneys and Maras are related. No wonder i like the Giants. Eli and Big Ben represent the 2004 QB class well and i would love to see these two teams square off in a future Super Bowl.

I'm sure they will. Maybe not in the Eli-Ben generation, but they are destined to. They're two classic NFL franchises who are destined to meet there one day.

Bohemian
02-08-2012, 01:03 AM
I have great respect for the Steelers, and I could have just as easily become a fan of your team when I was a young boy back in the day. You can blame L.T. for winning me over during the 80s.

I could talk trash about your QB, but then again, I am a L.T. fan... so I won't even try.

Great to share opinions and impressions about our teams with Steelers fans, as they are a great loyal bunch.

Go Blue!

Steelers7
02-08-2012, 01:12 AM
I have great respect for the Steelers, and I could have just as easily become a fan of your team when I was a young boy back in the day.* You can blame L.T. for winning me over during the 80s.

I could talk trash about your QB, but then again, I am a L.T. fan... so I won't even try.

Great to share opinions and impressions about our teams with Steelers fans, as they are a great loyal bunch.

Go Blue!

Haha i wouldn't care if you trashed him. I still am very upset for him being in that situation, but i really think it was a girl trying to make a quick buck. I have a feeling that Eli and Ben will meet in the Super Bowl and it would be a great game. I

rickker20
02-08-2012, 01:22 AM
It was going to happen until the Dummy shot himself in the leg.

Bohemian
02-08-2012, 01:24 AM
I have great respect for the Steelers, and I could have just as easily become a fan of your team when I was a young boy back in the day. You can blame L.T. for winning me over during the 80s.

Go Blue!

Haha i wouldn't care if you trashed him. I still am very upset for him being in that situation, but i really think it was a girl trying to make a quick buck. I have a feeling that Eli and Ben will meet in the Super Bowl and it would be a great game. I

I have to say that an Eli and Ben super bowl showdown would really say tons for the 04' draft. If the Steelers get their running game organized, they will have a great shot, then again, there really isn't a great AFC team with a strong running game, besides the Ravens and Texans. The Pats seem to still have everyone's number in that conference. For the Giants to guarantee another Super Bowl trip, they will have to show better consistency as well. The stars just seemed to line up perfectly for us this year.

Go Blue!

jjj45
02-08-2012, 01:27 AM
Thanks brother. Was rooting hard for y'all last year in the SB.

Was so happy we could stick it to Brady again. It was glorious!

Good luck next year. Hopefully you'll be healthy this time. There is no doubt Pit will go far in the playoffs, AFC is wide open. Wouldn't be surprised if you make it to the show again.

Appreciate the kind words, this is a great feeling right now!

Steelers7
02-08-2012, 01:30 AM
I have great respect for the Steelers, and I could have just as easily become a fan of your team when I was a young boy back in the day.* You can blame L.T. for winning me over during the 80s.

Go Blue!

I have to say that an Eli and Ben super bowl showdown would really say tons for the 04' draft.* If the Steelers get their running game organized, they will have a great shot, then again, there really isn't a great AFC team with a strong running game, besides the Ravens and Texans.* The Pats seem to still have everyone's number in that conference.* For the Giants to guarantee another Super Bowl trip, they will have to show better consistency as well.* The stars just seemed to line up perfectly for us this year.

Go Blue!

Eli and Ben are clearly light years ahead of Rivers. I don't think that guy will ever make it to a Super bowl. The Steelers became more of a passing offense as of late and they definitely have the talent for it, but we do need to run more effectively. It sucks though because Mendenhall just tore his ACL. I could definitely see it happening because the Ravens are annual choke artists and Flacco is garbage. Also, Brady is clearly on the decline and they can't cheat anymore. I definitely think it will happen because the Giants are a lot better than what their record was this year and they still have a ton of talent.

Steelers7
02-08-2012, 01:36 AM

Good luck next year. Hopefully you'll be healthy this time. There is no doubt Pit will go far in the playoffs, AFC is wide open. Wouldn't be surprised if you make it to the show again.

Your welcome man and i am grateful for you guys sticking it to Marsha haha. I don't care what anyone says, but we gave Green Bay that SB last year with the fumble and the poor Offensive line play which ultimately caused Ben's pick 6 which was the difference in the game(Pouncey being out hurt us big time). I hope you guys never have to experience that feeling again because it was gut wrenching....

JMFP2
02-08-2012, 01:38 AM
Congratulations on a well earned Super Bowl victory against the Cheatriots. I will say that the G-Men became my NFC team ever since the beat the Patriots in SB 42. I hate the Patriots with a passion because the cheated the Steelers out of two Super Bowls. All i gotta say is 0-2 in Super Bowls since they got caught cheating haha. Defense wins championships and as a Steelers fan, i am jealous of your D.</P>

</P>

Thanks for the classy comments.</P>

I'm a big fan of Tomlin....great coach....you guys are set for a long time. Good luck next season.</P>

bleeding blue
02-08-2012, 01:48 AM
I have a few friends that are die hard Steelers fans and they are the WORST fans this world has ever created haha. I usually root against Pitt just to spite them lol

Truth be told though, aside from the idiots i know your fanbase is loyal and one of the best.

And Mike Tomlin is my favorite coach in the league! (besides TC) That guy is pure energy with a mix of class, love em.

Bohemian
02-08-2012, 01:51 AM

Go Blue!

I have to say that an Eli and Ben super bowl showdown would really say tons for the 04' draft. If the Steelers get their running game organized, they will have a great shot, then again, there really isn't a great AFC team with a strong running game, besides the Ravens and Texans. The Pats seem to still have everyone's number in that conference. For the Giants to guarantee another Super Bowl trip, they will have to show better consistency as well. The stars just seemed to line up perfectly for us this year.

Go Blue!

Eli and Ben are clearly light years ahead of Rivers. I don't think that guy will ever make it to a Super bowl. The Steelers became more of a passing offense as of late and they definitely have the talent for it, but we do need to run more effectively. It sucks though because Mendenhall just tore his ACL. I could definitely see it happening because the Ravens are annual choke artists and Flacco is garbage. Also, Brady is clearly on the decline and they can't cheat anymore. I definitely think it will happen because the Giants are a lot better than what their record was this year and they still have a ton of talent.

I have to say that I do believe that the Patriots are not what they used to be, but there is something about their formula that just seems to work inside the AFC. I think that the Ravens are finally finding their stride, and finally surrounding Flaco with talent to play with. I agree that Flaco is not Eli or Ben, but I feel that he is showing improvement, and becoming a late bloomer. I would not take my eyes off of the Ravens, but their defense is definitely getting older. They have certainly mastered the art of chocking, but that is no reason to believe that they won't be around to cause serious trouble.

Mendelhall is a bit of a tragic story, reminding me of Rodney Hampton, who was a great running back that did not last with the Giants during our not so impressive years (the 90s).

As far as the Giants is concerned, I have always had great faith in their ability to put great teams on the field. The NFC east is a tough division, and the cowboys are our version of the Ravens, choke artist to the level of Picasso. But even though we have great victories against the cowboys when it has mattered, they are not to be taken lightly... they have great talent that can turn it on at any time during a game.

Anyhow, like I said, it is great to talk football with a Steelers fan. I still remember watching what could be my second or third favorite LB corp: Lloyd, Greene, Kirkland and Brown. Amazing!

jjj45
02-08-2012, 01:51 AM

Your welcome man and i am grateful for you guys sticking it to Marsha haha. I don't care what anyone says, but we gave Green Bay that SB last year with the fumble and the poor Offensive line play which ultimately caused Ben's pick 6 which was the difference in the game(Pouncey being out hurt us big time). I hope you guys never have to experience that feeling again because it was gut wrenching....You are so right. The Steelers shot themselves in the foot badly in that game. It was amazing how they came back and made it a game. Hats off to you guys though. Pittsburgh is a championship team. They still have the talent to compete. We are both lucky to have had QB's who can lead our teams to world championships.

All I got to say is, somebody in the AFC has got to step up against the Pats. Are we always gonna have to be the ones who have knock them off for you guys? lol It's gettin' kind of old. [:D]

PhilaGiant83
02-08-2012, 09:43 AM
Haha that's funny because my Father recently told me that the Rooneys and Maras are related. No wonder i like the Giants. Eli and Big Ben represent the 2004 QB class well and i would love to see these two teams square off in a future Super Bowl.</P>

</P>

Yeah PGH has become AFC team considering I deal with Ravens fans. Loved the 90's Steelers, and Mike Wallace is pure money!</P>

SweetZombieJesus
02-08-2012, 12:06 PM

Patricia Rooney Mara (stars in "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and was also in "The Social Network") is the daughter of Kathleen Rooney and Timothy Christopher Mara.

Also has a sister Kate and two brothers, Daniel and Connor.

Our two great families are linked, it's an Irish overload ;)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/18/Rooney_Mara_%282012%29_3.jpg/220px-Rooney_Mara_%282012%29_3.jpg

PatsFan12
02-08-2012, 05:32 PM
Congratulations on a well earned Super Bowl victory against the Cheatriots. I will say that the G-Men became my NFC team ever since the beat the Patriots in SB 42. I hate the Patriots with a passion because the cheated the Steelers out of two Super Bowls. All i gotta say is 0-2 in Super Bowls since they got caught cheating haha. Defense wins championships and as a Steelers fan, i am jealous of your D.

Wow, what a typical classy comment from a Squealers fan.....

CDN_G-FAN
02-08-2012, 05:34 PM
If you're a Giants fan, and you don't have respect for the Steelers, then you don't understand your franchise very well.

Axels15
02-08-2012, 05:34 PM
I have lots of family in Pittsburgh, it's such a great city.

I love the passion of Steelers fans. I always root for the Steelers when there isn't any Giants interest involved.

Axels15
02-08-2012, 05:35 PM
If you're a Giants fan, and you don't have respect for the Steelers, then you don't understand your franchise very well.

^
This

sharick88
02-08-2012, 05:39 PM

I think James Harrison's take on those guys was right on the money. They have not won a title since Spygate and there is a lot to say about that. Armani Toomer went as far as putting an asterisk after those 3 titles they did get. The cheatriots as you called them, are Eli's ***** and we will continue to beat their arses everytime we see them.

Axels15
02-08-2012, 05:41 PM

LOL someone's feeling a bit sore

calzonesays
02-08-2012, 05:49 PM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/49/dawson_crying.gif

PatsFan12
02-08-2012, 05:58 PM

LOL someone's feeling a bit sore

Have a look at the first post I made on this board.....lot of respect for the Giants.

But the cheating accusations is BS. Ask Jimmy Johnson, he said all teams did it, from waaaay back. He said he never found much use for it. Plus Goodell confirmed Belichik was not using the tapings during the game. This was an interpretation that taping was fine as long as it wasn't used during that game. It wasnt as if the taping was done in secret either, the personnel involved were there openly taping on the sidelines, wasn't as if they were hidden or camouflaged. If they wanted to analyse signals sure they just had to use binoculars and take notes. But the Pats and BB were fined heavily and lost draft picks.

The Pats were also accused by an ex employee who was fored beforehand, of taping the Rams walk through prior to the SB. That's was also found to be a lie. Several newspapers had to issue full apologies to the Pats.

It's a convenient red herring other jealous fans like the Squealers like to throw out to try and make out like it cost them Superbowls and the Patriots cheated their way to winning! It's laughable really. But some people don't like to be tackled by facts!