PDA

View Full Version : With the season over and reebok over

KillaRich
02-08-2012, 02:15 AM
When will Nike release it's uniform designs? I am honestly not hoping for a major over haul even though nike said that's what it plans to do.... Hoping they meant in material and innovation not design..... I would like to see an alternate with the "giants" helmet but nothing really much more....I am actually a fan of our current uniforms and the plain look.... I like our road jerseys .... And the home ones fit well BIG BLUE..... What are you Guys looking forward too or hoping for?

laihovalo9
02-08-2012, 02:25 AM
well, I would rather they keep what they have now, maybe they can go back to white pants but this is one of the few old school teams and we dont need to z*** anything up imo

KillaRich
02-08-2012, 02:29 AM
Well I just read an article stating the unis will be unvieled in April (draft?) and it thinks iconic team such as steelers, packers, giants will likely not budge on dramatic changes ....

KillaRich
02-08-2012, 02:29 AM
well, I would rather they keep what they have now, maybe they can go back to white pants but this is one of the few old school teams and we dont need to z*** anything up imo

Agreed keep it traditional

bLuereverie
02-08-2012, 06:32 AM
The draft makes sense since that will be the first time you will officially see NFL jerseys shown. I imagine the rest of the Nike designs such as gloves, practice/training gear, general merchandise to appear during camps when the players start sporting them for the public.

tonyt830
02-08-2012, 06:35 AM
Maybe on the away jerseys go back to the blue numbers?

NYG216
02-08-2012, 07:19 AM

After winning two super bowls in them... I don't want to change them at all... and I HATED them at first.

tonyt830
02-08-2012, 07:24 AM

After winning two super bowls in them... I don't want to change them at all... and I HATED them at first.
yeah I was not a big fan of the red numbers, but I hear what you are saying.

I'm just glad that the red jerseys are gone---I did not like them at all!

bluesince86
02-08-2012, 07:24 AM
The draft makes sense since that will be the first time you will officially see NFL jerseys shown. I imagine the rest of the Nike designs such as gloves, practice/training gear, general merchandise to appear during camps when the players start sporting them for the public.

The draft does make sense. Didn't the NHL do something similar by unveiling the Phoenix Coyotes Jersey during the draft when they entered the league?

stormblue
02-08-2012, 07:31 AM

absolutely, there is no blue on our road uniforms.
it looks so stupid, Big Blue is Road Red.

nygsb42champs
02-08-2012, 07:56 AM
I think the date for the unveiling is april 2nd. I know that New Era will be making the hats and they will debut them at the draft.

NYBlue10
02-08-2012, 10:13 AM
While I totally understand the sentiment behind the current road jersey, I still find it odd and out of place as a Giants uniform for lacking the team's primary color which is BLUE. I would much rather go back to the one prior where it had blue lettering with red trimming. I hope Nike redesigns it back to the way it was.

NY_Eli
02-08-2012, 10:15 AM
I would like to see the old GIANTS helmet. Doubt it will happen though

bLuereverie
02-08-2012, 10:25 AM

I'd like it as an occasional alternate, but I've really grown to the current blue NY helmets.

SweetZombieJesus
02-08-2012, 10:27 AM

Actually book on it for the throwbacks

Pakman
02-08-2012, 10:43 AM
The major overhaul was in terms of the "type" of jerseys used, not design.

The gloves and cleats have been released though...and they look great!

FLNYGFAN
02-08-2012, 11:39 AM
absolutely, there is no blue on our road uniforms.
it looks so stupid, Big Blue is Road Red.

There is a little bit on the side of the pants.

Road uni's we have now are excellent.

SIMMS5611
02-08-2012, 11:42 AM
absolutely, there is no blue on our road uniforms. it looks so stupid, Big Blue is Road Red. There is a little bit on the side of the pants. Road uni's we have now are excellent.</P>

</P>

The Giants ARE Big Blue...</P>

How about outlining the numbers in blue on the road uni's?</P>

Easy-Duz-It
02-08-2012, 11:59 AM
why is everyone so concerned with adding blue to our road jersey's? i don't get it. we have blue helmets and a little blue on the pants. that's plenty. these are the old giants jerseys of the sixties. red numbers with red sleeve stripes. those road unis with more blue that we wore back in 2000-2004? already look dated. nothing wrong with the current road uni's, and we've won two super bowls with them. lets keep it classic.

that said, people need to chill out with this nike overhaul thing. i'm getting tired of reading the same threads about it over and over again. we will have the same uniforms next year. just because the nfl signed a deal with a new manufacturer doesn't mean that every team has to change their uniform designs. where are people getting this bogus information from? at most, the changes will be about as significant as the changes we saw between '07 and '08, '08 and '09...which is so subtle, that most giants fans wouldn't even be able to notice the difference.

Johnny Reb
02-08-2012, 12:13 PM
If Nike changes the road uni, I sure would like to get my hands on the current version of Eli's road jersey. Can't find them anywhere. That red and white jersey is a classic. If it ain't broke don't fix it.