PDA

View Full Version : Tight End this offseason

KillaRich
02-08-2012, 04:13 AM
This has now become a priority once again... kind of sucks because ballard seemed to be the answer...but with him and beckum now having torn ACL's ..... do we draft, free agent what?

foosball
02-08-2012, 04:38 AM
I think Ballard is that guy or will be one of those guys long term. The Giants need to either draft someone in one of the first 3 rounds who can play right away or sign a cheap free agent to fill in while we wait for the return of Ballard, and also to provide deph once Ballard comes back. But the Giants cap figure is too high to break the bank on any one free agent.

calzonesays
02-08-2012, 04:40 AM
I think Ballard is that guy or will be one of those guys long term. The Giants need to either draft someone in one of the first 3 rounds who can play right away or sign a cheap free agent to fill in while we wait for the return of Ballard, and also to provide deph once Ballard comes back. But the Giants cap figure is too high to break the bank on any one free agent.

Long term he probably will, but he _could_ start the season on PUP, so we'd have to draft one or sign one on the cheap..Beckum won't be ready either probably.

foosball
02-08-2012, 05:12 AM

Long term he probably will, but he _could_ start the season on PUP, so we'd have to draft one or sign one on the cheap..Beckum won't be ready either probably.

Did you read my post? That's exactly what I said.

TheEnigma
02-08-2012, 05:14 AM
A guy like Dwayne Allen or Coby Fleener might end up being the BPA at #32 overall in this year's draft so don't be surprised if we take a TE in the 1st round.

calzonesays
02-08-2012, 05:18 AM

Did you read my post? That's exactly what I said.

yeah, my fault I meant to put a list of TEs that are FAs after that..brain cramp its late, lol.

John Carlson and Scott Chandler are two names that pop out on the list. Could bring Shiancoe back.

Mike Leach ARI

Justin Peelle ATL

David Martin BUF

Scott Chandler BUF

Jeremy Shockey CAR (lol, nope!)

Richie Brockel CAR

<span style="color: #0000ff;"></span>Kellen Davis CHI
Greg Olsen CAR

Bo Scaife CIN

Martellus Bennett DAL
Jermichael Finley GB (gonna be franchised)

<span style="color: #0000ff;"></span>Joel Dreessen HOU

<span style="color: #0000ff;"></span>Jacob Tamme IND

Visanthe Shiancoe MIN

John Carlson SEA

<span style="color: #000000;"><span style="color: #0000ff;"></span></span>Fred Davis WAS

Majority of them, I removed Restricted FAs and HUGE stiffs.

foosball
02-08-2012, 05:56 AM
As long as they don't have to pay anymore then 500,000. I think going with a draft pick or a rookie free agent might be the best option. Were really only talking about 6 weeks and if they have a whole training camp to work with the guy we might end up with another keeper. You never know.

Firenugget
02-08-2012, 06:36 AM
A guy like Dwayne Allen or Coby Fleener might end up being the BPA at #32 overall in this year's draft so don't be surprised if we take a TE in the 1st round.

I hope we don't...

bLuereverie
02-08-2012, 07:02 AM

I hope we don't...

If the class of OL are gone by then, it will be the better picks.

CruzSoldier
02-08-2012, 08:35 AM
Ballard is what he is and that's a solid BACK UP. He is not a starter and it would be best to get a real recieving threat so when they double Cruz they wiill have to go 1 on 1 with a linebacker on an athletic TE.

nygsb42champs
02-08-2012, 08:52 AM
I think we are going to have to draft one early. Ballard will not be ready for the start of the year and neither will Beckum.

Seducer
02-08-2012, 09:08 AM
I'd like Fred Davis but I'm pretty sure he will be franchised. Shaincoe is where my money is.</P>

bgblucru5656
02-08-2012, 09:10 AM
Ballard is what he is and that's a solid BACK UP. He is not a starter and it would be best to get a real recieving threat so when they double Cruz they wiill have to go 1 on 1 with a linebacker on an athletic TE.
BALLARD A BACKUP? LOOKED PRETTY CLUTCH WHEN WE NEEDED HIM THIS YEAR. HE MIGHT BE SLOWER THAN DIRT, BUT WHEN WE NEEDED A FIRST DOWN AND THE BALL WAS THROWN TO HIM, I DIDN'T SEE MANY DROPS. HE EVEN GOT LAID OUT AGAINST THE PACK, BUT HELD THE BALL AND GOT THE FIRST WHEN NEEDED. IMO

Seducer
02-08-2012, 09:17 AM
BALLARD A BACKUP? LOOKED PRETTY CLUTCH WHEN WE NEEDED HIM THIS YEAR. HE MIGHT BE SLOWER THAN DIRT, BUT WHEN WE NEEDED A FIRST DOWN AND THE BALL WAS THROWN TO HIM, I DIDN'T SEE MANY DROPS. HE EVEN GOT LAID OUT AGAINST THE PACK, BUT HELD THE BALL AND GOT THE FIRST WHEN NEEDED. IMO
</P>

I think he's a good 2nd TE, as well. Reliable but not incredibly threatening to other teams.</P>

since55
02-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Jake's problem is that he is injury prone.
Shiancoe at a reasonable price would be nice. Would improve receiving AND running game.

Burgermiesta
02-08-2012, 09:39 AM
I agree I didn't mind our TE's but you look at a Gronk or Jimmy Graham; we need someone like that to grab some attention from defenses. If we had that our WR's would be killer. I heard Dustin Keller might be a FA that would be a good pick up, even though he is from the Jets and that bunch of tool bags.

KATKAVAGE75
02-08-2012, 10:03 AM
I hope both Ballard &amp; Beckum can recover from their injuries. More concerned that Ballard has damage in both knees, ACL in one &amp; PCL in the other. Both will be PUP until midseason.</P>

I'm sure we'll draft someone and we have Pascoe who still has a positive upside. He'll get better at blocking and can also play the H-back.</P>

Shiancoe is 31, but he played well for the Giants. Maybe worth a roster spot.</P>

Our organization will find the pieces to fit around our QB to continue riding this wave.</P>

I'm still on a high from the SB. Yessir !!!</P>

SB46CHAMPS!
02-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Why not bring the home town kid Olsen in?

GMENAGAIN
02-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Why not bring the home town kid Olsen in?
</P>

I thought that he signed an extension with Carolina, but I could be wrong.</P>

Elaxico
02-08-2012, 10:57 AM

DE:
Tollefson is a free agent, Osi is Osi, and we are the ny Giants.

DE, Melvin Ingram.

OR

Offensive line: McKenzie and Andrews are free agents, Baas had some injury issues.

C, Peter Konz
OG, Cordy Glenn

Kruunch
02-08-2012, 11:51 AM
</P>

I think he's a good 2nd TE, as well.* Reliable but not incredibly threatening to other teams.</P>

I agree ... Ballard was a nice surprise but I'm not sure this is the TE of the future.

Kruunch
02-08-2012, 11:52 AM

DE:

DE, Melvin Ingram.

OR

Offensive line: McKenzie and Andrews are free agents, Baas had some injury issues.

C, Peter Konz
OG, Cordy Glenn

The problem with the Oline pick is that we need a tackle, not a guard or center.

Elaxico
02-08-2012, 01:22 PM

DE:

DE, Melvin Ingram.

OR

C, Peter Konz
OG, Cordy Glenn

The problem with the Oline pick is that we need a tackle, not a guard or center.

Cordy Glenn also played T during his senior year.

GameTime
02-08-2012, 01:24 PM
<FONT color=#ff0000>http://www.giants.com/team/roster/Christian-Hopkins/a6eea1e9-05c6-4e8a-80ac-58ec168e82a3</FONT> (http://www.giants.com/team/roster/Christian-Hopkins/a6eea1e9-05c6-4e8a-80ac-58ec168e82a3)</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000></FONT></P>

How about a guy they already have on the PS. You never know. Big guy..6'6" 277...</P>

why not??</P>