PDA

View Full Version : Skip Baseless at it again

jppmvp90
02-08-2012, 10:33 AM
saying Namath is better than Eli

MikeIsaGiant
02-08-2012, 10:35 AM
Namath doesn't play anymore, enough with this Skip.

VTJay
02-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Joe namath? The QB who is in the hall of fame because of his mouth? Ahh, OK... Skip does relize that Ol' Joe threw more interceptions that TD's in his career.

TheEnigma
02-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Skip is a professional troll, just learn to either ignore what he says or to laugh at others getting riled up by him.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/5/17/a6ad8c13-4ac1-475e-b6ff-9e10d4419b52.jpg

VBGiantsFan
02-08-2012, 10:41 AM

Joe Namath's career stats:

Record: 62-63-4 a LOSING RECORD

Completion %: 50.1%

TD vs. INT: 173 to 220 (47 more INTS than TDS over 13 seasons)

1 superbowl

This guy NEVER belonged in the HoF. He is the most overrated athlete in history.

Skip Baseless, give me a break!

VBGiantsFan
02-08-2012, 10:44 AM

1 superbowl

This guy NEVER belonged in the HoF. He is the most overrated athlete in history.

Eli Manning's current career stats:

No losing record since becoming a starter.

2 Superbowls

58% completion% > Namath's 50%

185 TDs, ALREADY > Namaths 173

129 INTS <Namath's 220

27,579 yards about the same as Namath had for his career.

GameTime
02-08-2012, 10:48 AM
I am not old enough to remember what Nameth was like as a QB. I realize he had the garauntee and won an SB. I was only 4 at the time. I have seen highlights and things but I also have seen his stats..</P>

Why is considered such a great QB? He was great for the sport and for NY but as a QB he seemed painfully average. </P>

Jim Plunket has 2 rings and isnt in.....why is Broadway Joe in????</P>

SIMMS5611
02-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Namath wants to kiss Skip, pass it on.

CDN_G-FAN
02-08-2012, 10:49 AM
This guy fuels his career by trying to tick of giants fans.</P>

the more you tune in to his garbage, the more money you're putting in his pocket.</P>

</P>

repeatchamps
02-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Bayless is clearly now getting desperate. He will continue this tirade as long as others give him the time of day. Ignore him. Utterly ridiculous comment by him. Namath himself would probably say Eli is a better QB than he ever was.</P>

TheEnigma
02-08-2012, 10:54 AM
I guarantee you guys that Bayless sits at his living room table when he gets off of work and thinks, "What can I say tomorrow that will rile the sports world?"

Namath better than Eli? Genius!

Matt Ryan better than Marino? Yes sir!

Cedric Benson better than Barry Sanders? Oh yeah...

ny06
02-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Just ignore him, your brain will thank you.

carthon44
02-08-2012, 10:56 AM

1 superbowl

a little off topic here,but how is Simms not in the hall if Namath is in with these numbers?

Bing Crosby
02-08-2012, 11:03 AM
I am not old enough to remember what Nameth was like as a QB. I realize he had the garauntee and won an SB. I was only 4 at the time. I have seen highlights and things but I also have seen his stats..</p>

Why is considered such a great QB? He was great for the sport and for NY but as a QB he seemed painfully average. </p>

Jim Plunket has 2 rings and isnt in.....why is Broadway Joe in????</p>

Broadway Joe sells a lot of ink. In the end that's the only reason, despite whatever excuse anybody else wants to give you. Think about it what's mentioned about Joe when they talk about him?

The guaranteed win, his off the field personality, the women he nailed in the swinging 60s. It's all puff. The guy had a decent arm, but he wasn't Otto Graham.

BigBlue1971
02-08-2012, 11:05 AM
Bayless will say anything to confuse any issue! thats why hes there. its all magnified if its a team, person etc. he doesnt like!</P>

Namaths hof credentials didnt just include on the field, his off field activities were included in the selection imo. i mean back in that day, it was cool to do the stuff Namath did, you know out in public drinking, partying all the time. </P>

where would Namath be without his off field entertainment career????</P>

he was a rock star back in the day. </P>

Eli has exceeded Namaths career already and its a no brainer for almost everyone except Baseless (aka: Clueless).</P>

nygsb42champs
02-08-2012, 11:06 AM
More trash coming out of his mouth

repeatchamps
02-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Bayless will say anything to confuse any issue! thats why hes there. its all magnified if its a team, person etc. he doesnt like!</P>

Namaths hof credentials didnt just include on the field, his off field activities were included in the selection imo. i mean back in that day, it was cool to do the stuff Namath did, you know out in public drinking, partying all the time. </P>

where would Namath be without his off field entertainment career????</P>

he was a rock star back in the day. </P>

Eli has exceeded Namaths career already and its a no brainer for almost everyone except Baseless (aka: Clueless).</P>

</P>

Even Warner who is getting alot of attention for his Eli Hall of Fame comments said on his twitter that if Namath is the standard for the Hall then Eli is a slam dunk to get in. Bayless is an imbecile.</P>

egyptian420
02-08-2012, 11:14 AM
I've already figured Bayless out: he makes a pick, then says positive things about the opponent (ex. "The Pats will win the SB, BUT, the Giants have the better set of receivers")

This ensures that no matter what the result is, he has something to fall back on; in this case, if he loses, he'll say "But I DID say that the Giants had a better group of receivers, and they proved it by not dropping balls". That's Bayless in a nutshell.

Besides that, his job is to be provocative and to get viewers to want to debate him, which means going against what people think. If all the hosts on First Take were like Mangini, the show wouldn't have any viewers, it would be boring. ESPN has the perfect guy in Bayless (in terms of getting viewers)

barran21
02-08-2012, 11:17 AM
His elite QB is Tim Tebow, he's a troll and paid to be a troll on TV his job is to make controversial statements.............

TheEnigma
02-08-2012, 11:18 AM
I wish ESPN would pay me to do Skip's job. I'll do 150% better at half the pay.

giantsfan420
02-08-2012, 11:19 AM
the reason why namath is in the HOF is bc he's pretty much responsible for the league we have today.

when he made his guarantee, it was a joke at the time bc the afl was considered division II. his prediction, and the jets winning, is why we have the afc and nfc we have today. he's not in bc of his stats or career, he's in for basically being the rosa parks of the afl, shoddy analogy but it kinda works.

and skip is a moron, but hes the moron u love to hate. i most always disagree with him but find him entertaining bc he will always voice a minority opinion and spin it that bc he said it, its right. namath isnt even in elis nieghborhood in terms of skill and on field play and skip knows that. thats why its entertaining to watch him

ebick
02-08-2012, 11:20 AM
Why is considered such a great QB? </P>

at the end of the day......it's all the Jets have....</P>

GmenFan1980
02-08-2012, 11:20 AM

What stories would you make?

Julian Edelman should take over Brady as starting QB? http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-4.gif

NYG4ME
02-08-2012, 11:21 AM
You do realize Skip has to say semi controversial stuff to increase viewership? He says asinine stuff constantly.

TheEnigma
02-08-2012, 11:24 AM

What stories would you make?

Julian Edelman should take over Brady as starting QB? http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-4.gifI'd say that Eli is only a system QB and that Kevin Gilbride is the real mastermind behind Eli's success. He's also very unemotional compared to other QB's because he lacks social skills like the great Brady.

CTLadyBlue
02-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Skip needs to team up with Kwis Woooso, er....I mean Chris Russo. That idiot would NOT shut up yesterday about Welker's dropped pass - stating over and over that if Welker caught that pass, we'd be talking about he Pats win instead.

Really, Kwis? How do you know that, should Welker had caught that pass, that on the very next play Brady could've been intercepted, or a fumble could've happened or you could've committed a bunch of dumb penalties that pushed you back even further, causing you to punt? There was NO guarantee of Welker's grab, should he have made it. ANYTHING could've happened AFTER it. The guy is such a stupid tool, but listening to him is like not being able to turn away from a train wreck. He picked the Pats to trounce over the Giants and is band-aiding it by all these 'what ifs'.

NYSPORTS
02-08-2012, 11:27 AM

If Skip wasn't controversal, nobody would know who he is. His only ticket into the light is being controversal. It's a gimick

TuckYou
02-08-2012, 11:29 AM
I dont care if Skip Bayless's mind is STRUG-GUL-LING.

Kruunch
02-08-2012, 11:29 AM

I can't believe Skip Bayless still has a job or that anyone still listens to him. Obvious sound-bite *****.

Namath is the most overrated non-deserving QB in the HoF:

50.1 completion %, 27663 yards (Eli has that now), 173 TDs (Eli has more right now), 220 Int (Eli has almost half the Ints).

Ridiculous comparison and Namath's ONLY claim to fame is being the first AFL QB to win a SB. Shouldn't even be in the HoF.

egyptian420
02-08-2012, 11:32 AM
Skip needs to team up with Kwis Woooso, er....I mean Chris Russo. That idiot would NOT shut up yesterday about Welker's dropped pass - stating over and over that if Welker caught that pass, we'd be talking about he Pats win instead.

Really, Kwis? How do you know that, should Welker had caught that pass, that on the very next play Brady could've been intercepted, or a fumble could've happened or you could've committed a bunch of dumb penalties that pushed you back even further, causing you to punt? There was NO guarantee of Welker's grab, should he have made it. ANYTHING could've happened AFTER it. The guy is such a stupid tool, but listening to him is like not being able to turn away from a train wreck. He picked the Pats to trounce over the Giants and is band-aiding it by all these 'what ifs'.
+1....I'm sick of people talking about that dropped pass as if it was in the endzone...they would've been on our 20 with 4 minutes left in the game, what if we had forced them to take a FG even, they would've been up by 5 and Bradshaw's TD still would've won the game....

HOW THE F### IS THIS A GAME WINNER? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or1nSVUJeq8)

Pakman
02-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Just to put things in context...Chris Boussard brought up Namath and said Eli was better than him. Skip just responded...it was Skip just brining up random players

ru_gmen55
02-08-2012, 11:59 AM
Namath was popular because he had a huge mouth. He was "bigger" than Eli maybe from a star-power standpoint, but a greater QB? No way...he had several years where his comp% was less than 50...

As other posters have said, Skip is a contrarian. The oly reason why he's even popular in the first place is the fact that he falsely lined Troy Aikman was gay in his book...I take everything he says with a grain of salt...

bluesince86
02-08-2012, 12:19 PM

+1....I'm sick of people talking about that dropped pass as if it was in the endzone...they would've been on our 20 with 4 minutes left in the game, what if we had forced them to take a FG even, they would've been up by 5 and Bradshaw's TD still would've won the game....

HOW THE F### IS THIS A GAME WINNER? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or1nSVUJeq8)

I completely agree, there are a lot of different things that could have happened if he did catch that pass adn you cant say for sure that the Pats would have won if he completed that pass.

I think a lot of it has to do with the mystique of Brady and BB, and most people just thought that if they completed it there is no way they would mess it up.

Also, a lot of people are talking about Welker droping that pass, but Brady threw a terrible ball. Looking at the play again, Welker had to be an acrobat just to even make a play on the ball. I know there are some people talking about how it was a bad throw, but the athleticism that Welker showed on that play was amazing. 9-10 times, sure he makes that catch but you gotta make a better throw than that when you are trying to close out a game, especially the Super Bowl.

As for Skip, he is what he is. I use to get all upset and aggrivated at the stupid things he says. But as others pointed out, I came to realize that he is strictly there for entertainment purposes. Him saying Namath is beter than Eli kind of proves it. The smirk on his face when he says things like that indicates that he also doesnt really believe what he is about to say and knows its ridiculous.

DragonSoul
02-08-2012, 12:23 PM
This guy fuels his career by trying to tick of giants fans.</P>

the more you tune in to his garbage, the more money you're putting in his pocket.</P>

*</P>When he wants to, he can make good arguments. But as some have pointed out (who watch him regullary) he tries to be a shock jock analyst taking the total opposite pick, unless it really is his man crush like Cowheard on brady, and then they are so obviously bias its disgusting.

GameTime
02-08-2012, 12:30 PM
dont care if Bayliss' job is to be confrontational. IMO...he is annoying and has no relevance. I have to admit its a great job to have just to make ridiculous comments that are over the top and dont even have to have a shred or merit. He could be a weather man too...</P>

</P>

If I never saw or heard from him again I wouldn't miss him for a second....</P>

bflo23
02-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Someone should make a youtube montage of all the bashing Skip Bayless has done on Eli. They have plenty of material. And then we can all laugh at Skip for how wrong he was.

Mix it with Super Bowl highlights and Eli holding trophies.

jimsgints
02-08-2012, 12:34 PM
skip Clueless will never change, he'a Giant hater, cowboy lover.. I think Skip and Joe Buck live together.

jimsgints
02-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Someone should make a youtube montage of all the bashing Skip Bayless has done on Eli. They have plenty of material. And then we can all laugh at Skip for how wrong he was.

Mix it with Super Bowl highlights and Eli holding trophies.

I like this idea!

miked1958
02-08-2012, 12:39 PM
</P>

Yes and as far as the HOF talk and what Kurt Warner said. He said he is not sure if Warner is a bit bitter being 5-4 and yanked for Eli who went 1-6 and said it was the worst QBing he had ever seen... or just stating facts. He said eli has not beaten one of the best twice in a row and another in reg season. but as far as HOF talk. its to early. Said eli has been most inconsistent as a whole career wise but has alot of years left to answer the HOF question. He said if he wins another SB and still has 7-7 problems like he has this season he may get overlooked cause the guys in the Hall have great overall careers including reg seasons. As far as Warner he won 1 of 3 SBs but said Eli was expected to do well because of the cloth he was cut from and warner did what he did after being plucked from bagging groceries. </P>

And who knows Eli is young and his best years may be ahead of him and he may win another 5 Titles for all we know.</P>

bflo23
02-08-2012, 12:42 PM
I like this idea!

Hey Skip.

"Eli is a gamer. He's a baller. He's a playmaker. And a shotcaller. In case you didn't know. I got Eli, he shattered the mold and all he does is win. All he does is win. I got Eli, he shattered the mold and all he does is win. All he does is win. Unleash!...."

DragonSoul
02-08-2012, 12:44 PM
People need to start researching all this BS with inconsistencies.

While Eli was not perfect. Most if not all Elite or so Called Elite QBs were consistent in the early part of their careers.

Marino had his record year in his second year (an anomaly), but was hitting a steady stride in Year 9. Peyton around 7, Eli 7, and the rest eh look it up

bflo23
02-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Skip Bayless saying Eli isn't a leader and is "Rain Man"
<font color="#0000FF">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ-bwpxrIxs</font> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ-bwpxrIxs)

Skip Bayless having issue that Eli made the pro bowl
<font color="#0000FF">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QwxdGDLSEg</font> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QwxdGDLSEg)

Skip Bayless saying Eli isn't ELITE
<font color="#0000FF">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO5WO5U30Ss</font> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO5WO5U30Ss)

Skip Bayless picking Romo over Eli
<font color="#0000FF">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kz8UPJMSMw</font> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kz8UPJMSMw)

Bleedblue11
02-08-2012, 02:04 PM
I watch first take every morning. Before every game after We beat ATL Skip was saying I need to see Eli do it here(against GB) before I call him Elite. Then b4 we played SF said I'll call him Elite if he wins this week. Take a guess what he said before the SB? He's been waiting for Eli to lose so he can say I told u so and it didn't happen. Unfortunately no one on the show has the balls(outside of Stephen A who hasn't been on this week) to call him out on what he said. He's a huge Cowboy fan and a Patriot Homer. His only argument is if Miles Austin catches the ball in the 1st Cowboy game we never even make the playoffs. Kind of weak if u ask me. If we don't blow a huge lead to Philly last year GB doesn't win the SB either. Things like that happen every year and I can't believe these guys get paid to sound like idiots

egyptian420
02-08-2012, 04:27 PM
I watch first take every morning. Before every game after We beat ATL Skip was saying I need to see Eli do it here(against GB) before I call him Elite. Then b4 we played SF said I'll call him Elite if he wins this week. Take a guess what he said before the SB? He's been waiting for Eli to lose so he can say I told u so and it didn't happen. Unfortunately no one on the show has the balls(outside of Stephen A who hasn't been on this week) to call him out on what he said. He's a huge Cowboy fan and a Patriot Homer. His only argument is if Miles Austin catches the ball in the 1st Cowboy game we never even make the playoffs. Kind of weak if u ask me. If we don't blow a huge lead to Philly last year GB doesn't win the SB either. Things like that happen every year and I can't believe these guys get paid to sound like idiots
I would 100% totally agree with you if Bayless was an actual analyst who tried to be reasonable. Unfortunately, he isn't.

THE_New_York_Giants
02-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Namath did a lot for the game of football. The greatest game ever of 1958 put American football at the forefront, and Namath's guarantee sealed it. Namath is in the hall of fame more for his contribution to the sport more so than his on field performance. However, Eli is exponentially and infinitely better than Namath was.

giantsfan39
02-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Namath is garbage. Eli is the best QB any NY team has ever had. The only argument would be YA Tittle was pretty great during his short time with the Giants and would have been better if he played in the SB era especially the era Eli is playing in.

Y.A Tiittle had 36 TDs to 14 INTs back in 1963. QBR of 100+.

Eli hasn't had this yet.

But namath numbers are garbage.

THE_New_York_Giants
02-08-2012, 04:43 PM
Namath did a lot for the game of football. The greatest game ever of 1958 put American football at the forefront, and Namath's guarantee sealed it. Namath is in the hall of fame more for his contribution to the sport more so than his on field performance. However, Eli is exponentially and infinitely better than Namath was.
Also, Bayless is kinda stupid.

calzonesays
02-08-2012, 05:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/RHuHq.gif

skip bayless is just a troll who tries to get a rise out of people, Terrell Suggs called him a ******bag on TV