PDA

View Full Version : From an Eagles fan.........

russrock1
02-08-2012, 11:14 AM
First off...CONGRATS!!!

It pains me to see you guys win another one but unlike my team you guys make the plays when need be. We fail.

I get to watch my idiot HC and front office butcher things year after year with no accountability. You guys excel.

Anyways, my question is:
How do you guys look at the Eagles?
Do you think they have any hope?

You are the champs so you are the ones to ask.

nygsb42champs
02-08-2012, 11:16 AM
The Eagles have talent. To me it is just a question if they can play together.

Kruunch
02-08-2012, 11:19 AM
First off...CONGRATS!!!

It pains me to see you guys win another one but unlike my team you guys make the plays when need be. We fail.

I get to watch my idiot HC and front office butcher things year after year with no accountability. You guys excel.

Anyways, my question is:

First of all thanks.

As for the Eagles, like Giant fans, you guys are ultra critical of your own team when not winning it all.

You have a team and regime that's been VERY successful for over a decade. I don't agree with their moves in 2011 ... I think they tried to buy a championship and it bit them in their butts.

You still have a boat load of talent and I consider you guys the most dangerous team in the division past us.

However I think Reid has seriously mistepped himself with having Castillo as your DC (talk about your lack of respect for the position of DC) and while you have a boat load of talent, you still have the same locker room problems you had in 2011 (too many personalities ... not enough "team" guys).

I see you guys somewhere between 7-9 and 10-6. Mostly because Vick won't play a full season and your defense will be up and down most of the year.

Unfortunately I also see the Eagles as a land mine that could explode at any second (with just as much of a chance of imploding as well).

But it won't be boring.

TheEnigma
02-08-2012, 11:20 AM
Uhm, let's see here...

Reid is a good coach in most aspects but he should switch to a run first team since you know, HE HAS A TOP 5 RB! With Desean Jackson gone, it's just going to be Maclin now.

He's good at drafting offensive talent but horrible with defensive talent. Seriously, Lurie needs to grow a pair of balls and not let him touch the draft on defense.

That's all I have now.

CDN_G-FAN
02-08-2012, 11:20 AM
it seems like a bunch of different personalities and characters all bunched together based purely on talent level.</P>

i think Coughlin AND the Maras will take less talent with the right attitude rather than the other way around.</P>

that's why so many of our opponents are so frustrated when they lose to us.</P>

they look at the talent on their roster, or their achievements at various points during the season, look at ours, and think 'how could we lose to these guys".</P>

Coughlin has a way of eventually getting through to a roster and convincing them that they have to do their jobs every second of every day. Period. Nothing else matters. </P>

"Firm, fair, honest, demanding" is his personal motto and while he's softened a bit from what he was like a few years ago, by every account he's still the hard core disipline guy.</P>

that's why plax isn't here, that's why tiki isn't here, that's why shockey isn't here.</P>

all high talent, all guys that figured they didn't really need to be told what to do.</P>

all of them proved wrong.</P>

TuckYou
02-08-2012, 11:24 AM
They lack leadership. </P>

Get rid of Vick as your QB and find a real QB. Thats a start.</P>

MikeIsaGiant
02-08-2012, 11:25 AM
They lack leadership. </p>

Get rid of Vick as your QB and find a real QB. Thats a start.</p>

+1 , Vick blows

russrock1
02-08-2012, 11:27 AM
I hated Vick from the get-go. Hes a highlight reel pretending to be a QB. Not to mention a POS human being.

Eli and Vick....the two dont even belong in the same sentence

galaxy10
02-08-2012, 11:28 AM
First off...CONGRATS!!!

Anyways, my question is:

I see your biggest problem with your DC. Too inexperienced, not sure what he was scheming half the times. Boat load of talent on the offensive side. Vick will be prone to much injury with his style of play. Better get a good back up. Not sure of the chemistry yet. Great potential on the offensive side. but I am afraid you need some new blood in the head coach area. Don't get me wrong, he is a very good head coach, but some times you need to change the chemistry to get a different outcome.

BigBlue1971
02-08-2012, 11:28 AM
thanks for the props! all we need is a chance!</P>

i think the egirls will be an opponent noone can ignore! they ended the year on a winning streak, who knows if they can carry it over!</P>

they have as much a chance as anyone else! </P>

as evident by the Giants they just need to execute and take advantage of the breaks!</P>

the nfl is tough thats why this is so special! its anybody guess who will be in this position next year!</P>

everyone has hope and a chance!</P>

russrock1
02-08-2012, 11:32 AM
I actually saw vegas odds having the Eagles with a better shot at the next Super Bowl then the Giants.

Can't for the life of me figure that one out.

yoeddy
02-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Eagles need a real quarterback to be a real contender.

galaxy10
02-08-2012, 11:38 AM
I actually saw vegas odds having the Eagles with a better shot at the next Super Bowl then the Giants.

Not sure of these guys in Vegas. They did a great job of picking this year. Idiots

repeatchamps
02-08-2012, 11:38 AM
I actually saw vegas odds having the Eagles with a better shot at the next Super Bowl then the Giants. Can't for the life of me figure that one out.</P>

It is a lack of respect mainly but it may also be a product of the first place schedule they will be playing next year as well as many uncertainties at a multitude of positions due to salary cap issues, injury issuesand a ton of free agents.</P>

Redeyejedi
02-08-2012, 11:47 AM
Eagles are good enough to win outside of your QB. I dont think u ever win with Michael Vick . Eli was pummeled throughout the playoffs and continued to get up and make throw after throw.Michael Vick cant do that. He would either lose his accuracy,make poor decisions or be out of the game all together.

GameTime
02-08-2012, 11:54 AM
First off...CONGRATS!!! It pains me to see you guys win another one but unlike my team you guys make the plays when need be. We fail. I get to watch my idiot HC and front office butcher things year after year with no accountability. You guys excel. Anyways, my question is: How do you guys look at the Eagles? Do you think they have any hope? You are the champs so you are the ones to ask.</P>

The Giants organization has a culture that trivkles down from the owners, GM, through TC, and to the players. Maybe the Eagles dont have that. I like Reid but maybe he doesnt have the "IT" that TC does. The Eagles have big talent. IMO though....Vick is not a QB for the long haul. He is an amazing athlete but as a QB he will have great games but not what it takes to go year after year as a solid guy. Plus he is small and doesnt know how to slide. </P>

Also the Giants found the ideal of playing for each other. The Eagles dont have that. Even the Giants dont have that most of the time but this season about half way through they realized that.</P>

</P>

</P>

Redeyejedi
02-08-2012, 11:57 AM

Not sure of these guys in Vegas.* They did a great job of picking this year.* Idiots

Have U seen the Giants schedule its worse then this year. They play 7 playoff teams.

@ Ravens
@ Bengals
@ Falcons
@ Panthers
@ Packers

49ers
Steelers
Saints
Tampa
Cleveland

repeatchamps
02-08-2012, 12:20 PM
I actually saw vegas odds having the Eagles with a better shot at the next Super Bowl then the Giants. Can't for the life of me figure that one out.

Not sure of these guys in Vegas. They did a great job of picking this year. Idiots
Have U seen the Giants schedule its worse then this year. They play 7 playoff teams. @ Ravens @ Bengals @ Falcons @ Panthers @ Packers 49ers Steelers Saints Tampa Cleveland</P>

Yup. Pretty similar to how 08-09 shaped up after the Giants won Super Bowl 42. We all know about that year. 12-4, #1 Seed and Burress shooting his leg. Biggest issues will be how they handle this offseason and all the free agents and returning from injury players. Much more behind the 8 ball this time than they were after Super Bowl 42.</P>

Tommy_Ribs
02-08-2012, 12:26 PM
First off...CONGRATS!!!

Anyways, my question is:

Thanks for the Congrats.

In my opinion, the Eagles are very close.

The talent is there, and a full offseason getting used to Castillo's system will only help. He was getting things turned around towards the end of the season, so all is not lost with him being the DC.

Andy Reid is legitimately on the hot-seat now, and I think that will make you guys dangerous.

The key for you is to minimize mistakes. We made mistakes all over the place in 2010, and we didn't in 2011. That was the difference for us.

If Reid can get Vick to take care of the Football, the Eagles are up there with anyone.

GameTime
02-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Eagles have talent but they dont have the right "team" attitude. They never have...</P>

</P>

DragonSoul
02-08-2012, 12:33 PM
First off...CONGRATS!!!

Anyways, my question is:

You are the champs so you are the ones to ask.Thanks for the Congrats...I do have some friends and family who are eagles fans. I do not rub it in as i should (barely ever really) As for your questions.

1) I honestly was happy when you guys picked up Vick. I figured he would ruin your franchise for some time based on his contract. He as always has been a playmaker not a QB. He had 1 good year when he first came back. Then he became average once teams got film on him again.

But at least the eagles made some of their screw up with the Vick deal by giving Kolb off. Arizona deserves what they get after spending that much money after only a few games worth of sample size. Same might happen with Flynn in the offseason.

I use to be a fan of Reid. But after watching him screw up two minute drills in pressure situations time in and time out. I realized keeping reid is the next best thing besides Vick for the NFC east.

I will say though and I did say it early in the season. Reids team seem to do the opposite of Giants team. Start slow but finish fast. And it was pretty damn close of turning out that way.

2) I think you guys do have hope, but I do not see you ever winning with Vick (anything could happen).

We will see if your team really improved towards the end of the season when the new season rolls out, as everyone has something to play for now.

You have the horses in general on defense (but they need to learn to play as a team), and it seems the biggest question marks on your team is the LBs as well.

Your offense is more interesting. Based on your contract situation and wrs. But at least you have a hell of a RB with a big mouth though.

With all that said I still wouldn't look passed the Eagles because they can decide to show up and play the game when they want to. Similar to the Giants, except the Giants prefer to play to their opponents level. As you saw this year alone.

jjj45
02-08-2012, 01:27 PM
First off...CONGRATS!!!

Anyways, my question is:

You are the champs so you are the ones to ask.Thanks for the love.

Here's whats wrong with the Eagles.

1. Your owner.

2. Reid is a good coach against the NFC East.... But highly overrated and can't win a big game outside the East to save his life. Coughlin can.

3. Having Me, Me, Me players.

4. No big game WR's. Maclin is a decent #2, that's all.

5. Don Juan.

6. Vick just cant win big games. No QB = no Superbowl.

Those are my observations. btw, are you a part of the EMB?

THE_New_York_Giants
02-08-2012, 01:30 PM
Let's raise a glass to the Eagle's trophy case remaining empty until the end of time!

SweetZombieJesus
02-08-2012, 01:38 PM
A lot of props but some key flaws.

I'm not sold on Reid, just can't get over the hump, is allergic to running, makes bad moves on defense. I think it's time to part ways and move on, personally.

No fan of Vick at all. Even leaving the off the field stuff out, can you STOP with the scrambling QB who sucks in the pocket? Seems like going back to Randall that's been a losing formula.

IIRC Andy has a lot of GM powers even though he is not the official GM, right?

Also gotta learn that championship teams are not bought in free agency.

russrock1
02-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Yeah I am on the EMB.

Ive actually had more civil conversation here than over there. I post there once in a great while because a huge part of the crowd over there are assclowns. Not all....but alot.

freeoscar
02-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Reid has done a great job of keeping you guys competitve every single year. I don't get the hate for him.
Structurally, I think he has too much control over personnel - it never works out. Even Bellicheck, for all his genius, has done terribly at drafting defensive talent. he had his best years when running the D with talent others had brought in.
The D will work itself out. But the Vick contract is an albatross. you'll never win it all with him as the QB. he just doesn't have the stuff to win multiple big games in a row.

jjj45
02-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Yeah I am on the EMB.

Ive actually had more civil conversation here than over there. I post there once in a great while because a huge part of the crowd over there are assclowns. Not all....but alot.I totally agree. It can get stupid here at times. but the Philly boards are just a pit. Not saying there aren't good posters over there because there are, but the inmates run the asylum.

Please come back again.

thomsoad
02-08-2012, 03:21 PM
From a Giant fan... Get the F off our boards.

Overdrive92
02-08-2012, 03:45 PM
The Eagles have talent. To me it is just a question if they can play together.

They can. You can see how they started to gel at the end of this season when they won 4 or 5 straight.

The Eagles will, unfortunately, be back next year. They will be our biggest threat once again.

sc_markt
02-08-2012, 04:15 PM
First off...CONGRATS!!!

Anyways, my question is:

I look at the Eagles as a team loaded with talent and a damn good coach. I was scared for a few weeks here that you guys were going to make the playoffs.
Is there hope for them? Of course. Just hope the hope doesn't happen during my lifetime.

BTW, I'm still smarting over that 4th quarter comeback from last year...

jjj45
02-08-2012, 08:54 PM
First off...CONGRATS!!!

Anyways, my question is:

I look at the Eagles as a team loaded with talent and a damn good coach. I was scared for a few weeks here that you guys were going to make the playoffs.
Is there hope for them? Of course. Just hope the hope doesn't happen during my lifetime.

BTW, I'm still smarting over that 4th quarter comeback from last year...The Superbowl has erased it for me. We are world champs baby!

Let Eagles fans be the ones who relish and celebrate regular season games. It's what losers do.

SackingMyths
02-08-2012, 09:12 PM
First off...CONGRATS!!!

Anyways, my question is:

Holy crap. I had to do a double-take. Thanks for the kind words.

I think I may blow this post up and frame it on my wall or at least carry it around with me when I'm in South Jersey.

Your team's very, very good and it really doesn't make too much sense (to me) that you guys haven't been able to capitalize on at least one of these runs. Unless, of course, you believe in karma, with your fanbase (yourself NOT withstanding), being generally disgraceful human beings.

But I don't see how you get rid of Andy unless you have a really good replacement lined up. The team has never quit on him. I don't view Vick as a guy that can bring in a title. He lacks championship-caliber leadership and can only stay cheerful and positive when it's going well, which anyone can do- just ask the Jets.

Honestly though, when a couple of level-headed NYG buddies of mine talked about the Eagles towards the end of the season, we discussed how they got white-hot and wouldn't have been stopped by anyone had they made the playoffs.

brad
02-08-2012, 09:27 PM
First off...CONGRATS!!!

Anyways, my question is:

Thank you... I don't think our team being champs makes us any more qualified to give an opinion than any other team, but possibly the fact that we have to play you twice a year does.

Personally, I have a good deal of respect for the Eagles front office, good owner and the team does a good job picking up talent in the draft and free agency. Although last year they seemed to get away from their winning formula and tried to buy a ring. You would think people would learn from teams like the Skins, SB's can't be bought.

Right now you have a very talented group of players, but that's all you have. To win a SB, you have to have a team where every man on that team is playing for one thing, to win. Those guys that are more concerned with how many touches they get or having to play out of position, they need to go. They are the cancer that destroys a team. It's not the most talented team that wins championships, it is the one that, as a team, will do whatever it takes to win.

So, if the question is, do you have any hope? Of course, the Eagles are rarely bad two years in a row.

How do I look at the fans? I may see it a bit different than many Giants fans, most of my family are Eagle fans. They are extremely loyal... fanatical. Some are very knowledgeable while others, not so much. They can go over the top at times, but after seeing SF fans, they aren't the worst in the league! Mostly, I see Eagles fans who are bitter, and justifiably so. A team with the history the Eagles have should have won one by now, and fans as rabid and loyal as Eagle fans are, deserve to have the Lombardi brought home to them. I just hope I am not alive to see it, because I will hear it for the rest of my life! :)

giantyankee1976
02-08-2012, 09:41 PM
if your team could get over the Egotism/ me-first thing, like the Boys, you have talent at key positions.

luckily Championships are not won on Popularity and Cool factor alone.

Rather preparation, commitment and execution.

russrock1
02-08-2012, 10:53 PM
The thing that infuriates me more than anything, other than Reid/Castillo still being around, is that the Eagle players were prancing around during the season saying how they were the better team on the field after having just been beaten by (insert team here).

Further, they have been whining about how much damage they would have done if they made the playoffs.

Seriously........I cant believe the Eagles have come to this.

JJC7301
02-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the congrats. I hate your team because they always seem to have our #, so I hate them with all due respect.

I couldn't even tell you how to improve your team because I think you've got so many weapons -- you just seem to shoot yourselves in the foot. I guess improve your o-line to give Vick more protection. You could probably beef up your d-line as well. Your D always plays us tough, but they seem to have problems with everyone else.

As for Reid, I would have given him 1 more year as well. He has the Eagles competitive every year; in the playoffs most years; and went to 4 conference championships in a row and 1 SB appearance.

HOWEVER, if they don't WIN the SB in 2012-2013, I'd get rid of Reid. He's had enough time to win. Even if they just make it, but lose, I'd still get rid of him.

And I agree with the Brad, up above. SF fans have officially replaced Eagles fans as the worst. Seeing Eagles and 49ers fans in a steel cage match (on the boards) is probably something that I'd pay to see.

appletree943
02-09-2012, 11:51 AM
like the thread but enought of the settle shots at my team on the low by some of you giants fans [:@]

Eagles have talent but they dont have the right "team" attitude. They never have...

what is this lol