PDA

View Full Version : Patriots 32-2 vs. rest of league; 1-3 vs. Giants!

GreenZone
02-08-2012, 12:37 PM
From a fan calling Francessa the other day. In the two Superbowl years of Patriots/Giants, the Patseys went 32-2 vs. the entire rest of the league in 2007 and 2011, but were 1-3 vs. the Giants.

All I can say is the rest of the league should be taking notes, especially since the D-Line wasn't the determining factor this year.

I also liked the 2nd stringers of the Giants beating the Patriot starters into the second quarter this past preseason. To me that meant something too, despite the type of game it was.

P.S. And even in the one loss, the last game of 2007, the Giants actually held back on the playbook a little and still barely lost.

bflo23
02-08-2012, 12:45 PM
AFC= minor league ball

NFC= major league ball

bLuereverie
02-08-2012, 12:53 PM
The rest of the league beat the Patriots between 08 and 12 too.

giantsfan420
02-08-2012, 12:57 PM
i truly believe the type of dominance NE had vs the rest of the league is going to be the kind of dominance we have from here out.

we have the ability to play different types of football excellently.

if its a shootout, we got the qb/wr's

if its a d struggle, we got the d

if its a grind it out with a run game, we got the run game.

we beat the top 3 teams in the league, and the 6 game win streak we closed the year on was vs teams with a combined record of like 70-10 or something.

i expect a year like we had in 08, only this time our wr's wont shoot themselves in the leg.

i expect eli to honestly be the best qb in the league, and our d to be top 5. we can eat up a bunch of yards by being patient or hit the home run...

things are looking so good for us right now, we aren't even at full health. next season i expect to see a lot of diff. styles of play to keep opposing teams guessing and to have a 10 turnover for the year type season and our d to force like 40....

eli proved he could play top top top level for long periods of time. so did our defense. its going to be lights out for the rest of the league, and w/ our schedule we'll also be battle tested.

GreenZone
02-08-2012, 01:04 PM
It's really a matter of salary cap juggling, and players staying hungry.

nygsb42champs
02-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Way to go G-Men!!!!

BlueSanta
02-08-2012, 01:35 PM
I would also point out that in 2011, the Pats beat 1 team with a winning record and their MVP of that game was Baltimore's Kicker.

GMen869007
02-08-2012, 02:07 PM
i truly believe the type of dominance NE had vs the rest of the league is going to be the kind of dominance we have from here out.

I doubt it, the AFC East is a joke and has been for a while. The Patriots would not be putting up the numbers they are if they played in a division like the NFC East, which is always tough regardless of team records. They may have a good record vs the NFC East other than the Giants, but that would be different if they had to play 6 games a season against them.

Overdrive92
02-08-2012, 03:52 PM
That's a great stat. Here's another alright one too.

In those same years, the Packers were 2-2 vs. the Giants and 29-4 vs. the rest of the league.