PDA

View Full Version : Why so much optimism?

CA Jints Fan
12-04-2011, 11:25 PM
HELLLOOOOO, lost 4 in a row! Enough of the "we passed a great test!" This team is a long shot to make playoffs, nothing better than that.

Do you think this team is going in the right direction in any facet of NFL football? I challenge anyone to argue otherwise....BS!

Pakman
12-04-2011, 11:27 PM
We are going to the playoffs man. Just relax

jhamburg
12-04-2011, 11:27 PM
HELLLOOOOO, lost 4 in a row! Enough of the "we passed a great test!" This team is a long shot to make playoffs, nothing better than that.

Do you think this team is going in the right direction in any facet of NFL football? I challenge anyone to argue otherwise....BS!

Shouldn't you be off stealing a roast beast from Whoville right about now?

buddy33
12-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Well they did show heart today and Dallas is beatable, but I think it goes back to all the people that like to bring up 2007 every time something similar happens. They lost to the Patriots in 2007 by the same score. The Patriots where undefeated. That 1st meeting is what got the Giants hot in the playoffs. Then the where able to meet up again and beat them.

Get it.

EmpireStateG
12-04-2011, 11:30 PM

LMAO... I won't lie, this made me laugh. I especially appreciate that you got the "roast beast" part correct.

DandyDon
12-04-2011, 11:39 PM

Too funny.

LMAO... I won't lie, this made me laugh. I especially appreciate that you got the "roast beast" part correct.

DandyDon
12-04-2011, 11:40 PM

Oops, my bad quote. Anyway, too funny.

SweetZombieJesus
12-04-2011, 11:43 PM
<font color="#FF0000">Everybody's excited because we are now 6-5-0-1 (Win/Loss/Tie/Moral Victory).</font>

CA Jints Fan
12-04-2011, 11:48 PM
Well they did show heart today and Dallas is beatable, but I think it goes back to all the people that like to bring up 2007 every time something similar happens. They lost to the Patriots in 2007 by the same score. The Patriots where undefeated. That 1st meeting is what got the Giants hot in the playoffs. Then the where able to meet up again and beat them.

Get it.

You forgot a big part of the story, they had made the playoffs and were not a .500 team. At least you have some reason while other responders to my orginal post are getting ready for the next "Occupy" meeting...or should I say, live in another reality

CA Jints Fan
12-04-2011, 11:49 PM
<font color="#FF0000">Everybody's excited because we are now 6-5-0-1 (Win/Loss/Tie/Moral Victory).</font>

Thank You...

Mr Excitement
12-04-2011, 11:51 PM

You dont understand....losing a close game is as good as winning in some peoples eyes....moral victories will lead to Championships....watch the Saints Lions game...The Lions are hanging tough....looks like they will win it all too...why?....because they are playing a team that literally destroyed us tough...so it looks like it will be the Giants and Lions in the NFC Championship game...

Bigbluereckingcrew
12-05-2011, 12:02 AM

In a word, Yes. I prefer this over the Monday night outcome where the team basically quit. The offensive line looked a million times better and the pass rush actually rushed Rogers while he was passing. You take away a BS TD for Jennings and we win this game. So yes, losing a game by 3 is an improvement from Monday's performance.

GMen869007
12-05-2011, 12:03 AM
<font color="#FF0000">We'll be fine, because the same posters who guaranteed we'd route SF and the Eagles, and beat the Saints said so. Besides, this one goes in the moral victories column which will help us in the playoff race, so don't mind the fact that our record in the conference stinks. I mean, a 4 game losing streak is something to feel good about because we almost beat Green Bay, and it can totally be compared to 2007 where we were getting healthy and playing for nothing more than pride with a playoff spot already secured.

All we have to do is win the next 4 games which should be easy, because this year's team has given us every indication that they can play consistently and control a football game. </font>

chizz
12-05-2011, 12:05 AM
if we lose next week all the optimism will be sucked out of this place lol

tbagz86
12-05-2011, 12:05 AM
the cowboys lost today.... which continues to make us one game behind them with a huge sunday night showdown next week. if you think we can't beat dallas and reclaim 1st place next week than get the hell off this board and cheer for another team. enough of this nonsense bashing on the team when we're not even close to out of it.

and before there's a bunch of the regular "realist" idiots telling me i have no reason to be optimistic Im going to say that you need to decide if you're an ACTUAL fan of the giants.

one game out and a chance to get back to first place next week, thats all you need to concern yourself with if you're a true fan, if not, spit out your moronic responses to this and cheer for the jets

Mr Excitement
12-05-2011, 12:09 AM
if we lose next week all the optimism will be sucked out of this place lol

ha!!!...don't bet on it!!!....

miked1958
12-05-2011, 12:11 AM

Do you think this team is going in the right direction in any facet of NFL football? I challenge anyone to argue otherwise....BS!Why? Would u rather it be all the doom and gloom like it is after most losses? I think they need to take all the positives from this game and fine tune them and take the negatives and learn from them

ToomerFORtheBomb
12-05-2011, 02:41 AM

In any facet of NFL football? Well to answer your question:

- I saw an enormous improvement in the running game tonight

-Hicks is one of the best WR in all of the NFL

-Eli has never thrown a more accurate ball

-Jacobs seems to have risen from the dead

We have to beat the Jets (the Jets are horrible) and the Cowboys twice. I think the Giants match up well with the Cowboys and clearly have a better QB and pass rush.

I think you may be a bit over dramatic here.

In the words of Arnold Schwarzeneger in Kindergarten Cop... "STOP WHINING!!!"

nycsportzfan
12-05-2011, 02:45 AM
IT comes down to turning the ball over If we can play turnover free football We'll win and end up in the playoffs but we can't overcome critical errors no matter how good our offense plays the rest of the way In our 6losses ELI has 9int's In our 6 wins ELI has 2int's Nuff said!

ajd121
12-05-2011, 02:51 AM
Did you watch the Cowboys game today?

ajd121
12-05-2011, 02:59 AM
Giants can split with the Cowboys, and as long as they lose to the Eagles (which I think is very possible) and we beat the Jets and skins, we will win the division, r if we beat them twice we would just have to win one out r the two games vs the skins and Jets r have them lose to either Tb or Philly

CA Jints Fan
12-19-2011, 02:57 PM
In any facet of NFL football? Well to answer your question:

- I saw an enormous improvement in the running game tonight

-Hicks is one of the best WR in all of the NFL

-Eli has never thrown a more accurate ball

-Jacobs seems to have risen from the dead

We have to beat the Jets (the Jets are horrible) and the Cowboys twice. I think the Giants match up well with the Cowboys and clearly have a better QB and pass rush.

I think you may be a bit over dramatic here.

In the words of Arnold Schwarzeneger in Kindergarten Cop... "STOP WHINING!!!"[/quote

Not whining now....nothing has really changed in the past few weeks? Agree?

CA Jints Fan
12-19-2011, 02:58 PM
Giants can split with the Cowboys, and as long as they lose to the Eagles (which I think is very possible) and we beat the Jets and skins, we will win the division, r if we beat them twice we would just have to win one out r the two games vs the skins and Jets r have them lose to either Tb or Philly

Wrong!