PDA

View Full Version : Manningham will be like Boss

miken609
02-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Ring from the Giants, money from the Raiders.

jppmvp90
02-08-2012, 02:48 PM
manningham will be a jet or 49er

MikeIsaGiant
02-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Ring from the giants, possible money from somewhere else, not the Raiders.

look@dafilm
02-08-2012, 06:10 PM
I still think he stays in New York. I mean, who exactly does NYG have behind him? Plus, I think he earned himself some trust with a very good super bowl performance.

BParcells777
02-08-2012, 06:12 PM
I dont know about that

Boss was healthy.........everyone in the NFL knows Manningham plays with no cartlidge in his knees

TrueBlue@NYC
02-08-2012, 06:30 PM
One of the biggest mistakes a franchise can make is paying good players, great player money. And unfortunately, good players coming off a SB run tend to get great player money when they hit FA. </P>

It comes down to how much do the giants value his position as the 3rd option in the passing game? What kind of figure would be fair? </P>

MM would start on a bunch of teams and I think someone is going to pay him to be a starter. </P>

bLuereverie
02-08-2012, 07:26 PM
If Mario is to return, it'd be for a short deal, probably with the majority of money paid next year only.

Firenugget
02-08-2012, 07:34 PM
I still think he stays in New York. I mean, who exactly does NYG have behind him? Plus, I think he earned himself some trust with a very good super bowl performance.

Scary, I know, but I agree with the SF fan.[:O]

Bing Crosby
02-08-2012, 07:42 PM

I'd think the 9er's would be interested in him, because they need someone besides a tight end who can actually be a threat. Granted idk what their cap issues are.

bluesince86
02-08-2012, 07:53 PM

I'd think the 9er's would be interested in him, because they need someone besides a tight end who can actually be a threat. Granted idk what their cap issues are.

The thing is, can he be that threat by himself. Im they got Davis and Crabtree, so I guess that he wouldnt be by himself as far as play making receivers (not sold on Crabtree though). Im not sure that you bring him in as a #1, and thats close to what he would be out there.

RoanokeFan
02-08-2012, 08:01 PM

IF healthy, Hixon is better for the team than Manningham because of his versatility. Jernigan, still unproven, was drafted to replace Manningham in the event free agency lured him away. We have more immediate problems at tight end than we do at wide receiver.

Something else to factor in is the "players' belief" that they can repeat. IF that is not just so much bravado, Manningham may well stay with the GIANTS. The CAP is going to prove extremely difficult to navigate but I feel Reese is up to that challenge.

Bing Crosby
02-08-2012, 08:06 PM
The thing is, can he be that threat by himself. Im they got Davis and Crabtree, so I guess that he wouldnt be by himself as far as play making receivers (not sold on Crabtree though). Im not sure that you bring him in as a #1, and thats close to what he would be out there.

I think he is a solid #2, and could improve the team. They need more though, with their biggest threat being Davis their TE. I'm just not completely sold on the whole "TE evolving to be the big threat offense" argument yet. You actually need some WR threats for that to work.Would he fit as far as cap issues? I'm not exactly sure on that. Maybe or local 9ers fan could enlighten us a bit.

The Broncos could be looking at him as well.

Personally I'd be happy if he stayed here, but I just don't see it happening. There are a few guys I just don't see staying because of our cap issues. Jacobs is another one who I believe is on his way out.

bluesince86
02-08-2012, 08:07 PM

IF healthy, Hixon is better for the team than Manningham because of his versatility. Jernigan, still unproven, was drafted to replace Manningham in the event free agency lured him away. <font color="#0000FF" size="4">We have more immediate problems at tight end than we do at wide receiver.</font>

Something else to factor in is the "players' belief" that they can repeat. IF that is not just so much bravado, Manningham may well stay with the GIANTS. The CAP is going to prove extremely difficult to navigate but I feel Reese is up to that challenge.

Those areas and OL are all bigger issues than WR at the moment

Firenugget
02-08-2012, 08:12 PM

IF healthy, Hixon is better for the team than Manningham because of his versatility. Jernigan, still unproven, was drafted to replace Manningham in the event free agency lured him away. <font color="#0000FF" size="4">We have more immediate problems at tight end than we do at wide receiver.</font>

Those areas and OL are all bigger issues than WR at the moment

I dunno there Roanoke...I can't rely on a guy with 3 ACL tears. (At least I believe that was his injury when Broncos released him..either way 2 at least in 2 years).

Voldamort
02-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Pat's

look@dafilm
02-08-2012, 09:18 PM

Scary, I know, but I agree with the SF fan.[:O]

Aww shucks

DandyDon
02-08-2012, 10:51 PM
MM wont be a Giant next year. He's got pyhsical skills but Gints have Ballard, who is bigger and WAY smarter.

DandyDon
02-08-2012, 10:54 PM
Sorry, meant Barden.