PDA

View Full Version : So WHo Will Giants Face in 2012 Thursday Night Home Opener?

RonJon
02-08-2012, 03:44 PM
I say the Redskins since they were the only team to own us this past season

Kruunch
02-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Well I know what our last 6 games will look like:

Saints
Ravens
49ers
Steelers
Dallas
Eagles

bansaw
02-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Packers

freeoscar
02-08-2012, 03:48 PM
if they sign Peyton perhaps. but more likely the packers. that game has everything - storied franchises, recent SB champs, Eli vs. Rodgers, revenge factor for playoffs.

Bing Crosby
02-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Packers

Yeah I see the Pack. They did Pack VS Saints last year, so why wouldn't it be Pack VS G-Men this year?

RonJon
02-08-2012, 03:49 PM
How did the Packers not make that list?

Hostetler
02-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Packers

Kruunch
02-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Pack or 9ers.

Hostetler
02-08-2012, 03:54 PM
I believe it goes something like this - if the AFC/NFC wins the SB, then its a rematch of the conference championship, unless either conference wins 2 or more in a row, then its the last 2 SB winners to open.

carthon44
02-08-2012, 04:01 PM

Saints
Ravens
49ers
Steelers
Dallas
Eagles

and most of them on the road...........

miken609
02-08-2012, 04:03 PM

Saints
Ravens
49ers
Steelers
Dallas
Eagles

I'm praying that this our first 6 games. Its about time we have the easy games in the 2nd half

repeatchamps
02-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Pack or 9ers.</P>

Cannot be 49ers. That is slated to be a road game. Super Bowl champs always open up that Thursday nightgame at home for the banner raising ceremony.</P>

SweetZombieJesus
02-08-2012, 04:12 PM
The NFL likes to match up the last two Super Bowl champions. And we just so happen to have a home game against Green Bay on our schedule in 2012.

Book it.

eastbayblue
02-08-2012, 04:13 PM

Saints

SweetZombieJesus
02-08-2012, 04:21 PM
I believe it goes something like this - if the AFC/NFC wins the SB, then its a rematch of the conference championship, unless either conference wins 2 or more in a row, then its the last 2 SB winners to open.

Not possible since the opponents are set by other means already (6 division games, 4 games against one NFC division and 4 games against one AFC division, and play the same seeds in the 2 NFC divisions you're not playing). And there's some algorithm to determine the home-away decision.

The only constant is the SB champ opens at home on Thursday Night. They have 8 home games to choose from. No guarantee the previous SB winner or Conference Championship opponent is on the schedule.

In 2008 for example we did not play the AFC East for a Super Bowl rematch (Pats), we didn't play the AFC South to play the previous year's champs (Colts), and we didn't play the NFC North for an NFC CG rematch (Packers).

This year we get the NFC South, AFC North, and the 2 other divisions' #1 seeds, Green Bay and New Orleans. Crap. Gonna be a brutal title defense.

repeatchamps
02-08-2012, 04:23 PM

Saints
</P>

You know what that may be the best time to catch them as it will be early in the year before they hit a groove. However,I doubt it will be them as they were in the Thursday opener this season against Green Bay. If it isn't the Skins (who we've now finally eclipsed in Super Bowl wins by the way), Cowboys or Eagles it'll be Green Bay.</P>

thomsoad
02-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Historically it should be the NFC Championship game. So im guessing the 49rs

repeatchamps
02-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Historically it should be the NFC Championship game. So im guessing the 49rs</P>

I mentioned this earlier in the thread. It can't be the 49ers as that is a road game. The Thursday night opener is always a home game for the Super Bowl champions so they can raise the banner. Also, this year's opener was not an NFC Title game rematch.</P>

bansaw
02-08-2012, 04:33 PM
only other thing I could see is the Steelers but no way its anyone but the Pack imo

repeatchamps
02-08-2012, 04:37 PM
only other thing I could see is the Steelers but no way its anyone but the Pack imo
</P>

Oops,I forgot the Giants play the Steelers and Ravens this year too. It could easily be either of those two teams in addition to the division teams and Green Bay. Do not think it will be the Saints due to the fact they played the Thursday night game against Green Bay this past year.</P>

Edit: Can't be the Ravens as that, like the 49ers game, is a road game.</P>

Hostetler
02-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Historically it should be the NFC Championship game. So im guessing the 49rs</P>

I mentioned this earlier in the thread. It can't be the 49ers as that is a road game. The Thursday night opener is always a home game for the Super Bowl champions so they can raise the banner. Also, this year's opener was not an NFC Title game rematch.</P>

</P>

Saints played the Vikings to open up the 2010 season - a rematch of the championship game - the Steelers won the year before and they opened with a rematch of the championship game, packers played the saints to open this years season, and you can take this to the bank , it will be Packers - Giants to open next season.</P>

repeatchamps
02-08-2012, 04:43 PM

</P>

Saints played the Vikings to open up the 2010 season - a rematch of the championship game - the Steelers won the year before and they opened with a rematch of the championship game, packers played the saints to open this years season, and you can take this to the bank , it will be Packers - Giants to open next season.</P>

</P>

Wow that's right. I forgot about that. So the Saints have played on the opening Thursday game two years in a row. Once at home once on the road. So there is even less of a chance than I thoughtthat the Saints will be in the Thursday game next season. It ususally is some kind of playoff rematch (this year was arare exception)so I am with you on this for sure. Thinking Green Bay as well. Slight chance it is a division rival and probably even a slighter chance it is the Steelers.</P>

GameTime
02-08-2012, 04:44 PM
thought it was usually the conference championship of the SB winner???</P>

Pack Played the Saints last year right.</P>

Saints and Vikes the year before...</P>

repeatchamps
02-08-2012, 04:45 PM

</P>

This year's Packers-Saints Thursdayopener was not an NFC Title rematch or playoff rematch for that matter. Remember New Orleans lost in the first round to Seattle in the 2010-11 season.</P>

GameTime
02-08-2012, 04:47 PM

</P>

This year's Packers-Saints Thursdayopener was not an NFC Title rematch. Remember New Orleans lost in the first round to Seattle in the 2010-11 season.</P>

</P>

schooled once again....</P>

I will now shut up.....[;)]</P>

repeatchamps
02-08-2012, 04:48 PM

</P>

This year's Packers-Saints Thursdayopener was not an NFC Title rematch. Remember New Orleans lost in the first round to Seattle in the 2010-11 season.</P>

</P>

</P>

Lol no worries. It cannot always be that playoff rematchbecause it depends on which games are at home and on the road. The Super Bowl champ always gets the game at home so they can raise the banner. The 49ers game is a road game again next season so it will not be Giants-49ers.</P>

Kruunch
02-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Pack or 9ers.</P>

Cannot be 49ers. That is slated to be a road game. Super Bowl champs always open up that Thursday night*game at home for the banner raising ceremony.</P>

Ah good catch.

Packers it is.

(do the SB Champs always open at home?)

repeatchamps
02-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Pack or 9ers.</P>

Cannot be 49ers. That is slated to be a road game. Super Bowl champs always open up that Thursday nightgame at home for the banner raising ceremony.</P>

Ah good catch. Packers it is. (do the SB Champs always open at home?)</P>

Yes ever since they started the Thursday opener thing.</P>

GameTime
02-08-2012, 04:59 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Lol no worries. It cannot always be that playoff rematchbecause it depends on which games are at home and on the road. The Super Bowl champ always gets the game at home so they can raise the banner. The 49ers game is a road game again next season so it will not be Giants-49ers.</P>

</P>

funny....how when I first posted that I was like...."I got this one"...lol.</P>

thenI see your response..... damn!!!</P>

Like Jerry Seinfeld saying "Newman"......with teeth clenched and a fist pump...lol</P>

Overdrive92
02-08-2012, 05:00 PM

Yes.

Here are our 8 home games this season. PEOPLE, the Niners are not one of them, so it CANNOT be the Niners.

Cowboys, Redskins, Eagles, Steelers, Browns, Saints, Buccaneers, Packers

It will be the Packers.

But imagine if it was the Browns? LMAO.

giantsfan39
02-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Packers-Previous SB champion
Saints-Won SB previous year, Eli vs Brees
Steelers-Ben vs Eli
Cowboys-Giants-Cowboys games are big and they started our run

But really? The Pathethic Redskins?

The Redskins beat both the Packers and Bears last year. Nobody gave them the opener.

Kruunch
02-08-2012, 05:03 PM

Yes.

Here are our 8 home games this season. PEOPLE, the Niners are not one of them, so it CANNOT be the Niners.

Cowboys, Redskins, Eagles, Steelers, Browns, Saints, Buccaneers, Packers

It will be the Packers.

But imagine if it was the Browns? LMAO.

I would love either the Saints or Packers. Get one of them out of the way early.

repeatchamps
02-08-2012, 05:05 PM
Steelers-Ben vs Eli

The Redskins beat both the Packers and Bears last year. Nobody gave them the opener.
</P>

Theappealing thing about the Skins is 2 fold. One they swept us this year and two the Giants winning this Super Bowl allowed them to finally eclipse the Skins bounty of Lombardi trophies. They have 3 we have 4.</P>

repeatchamps
02-08-2012, 05:08 PM
(do the SB Champs always open at home?) Yes. Here are our 8 home games this season. PEOPLE, the Niners are not one of them, so it CANNOT be the Niners. Cowboys, Redskins, Eagles, Steelers, Browns, Saints, Buccaneers, Packers It will be the Packers. But imagine if it was the Browns? LMAO. I would love either the Saints or Packers. Get one of them out of the way early.</P>

I'd like the Saints as well but considering they have been in the last two Thursday openers, one at home, one away, I doubt the league will make them do it again. My gut tells me it will be Green Bay. Slight chance it is one of theNFC Eastteams and even a slighter chance probably that it is the Steelers.</P>

giantsfan39
02-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Steelers-Ben vs Eli

</p>

Theappealing thing about the Skins is 2 fold. One they swept us this year and two the Giants winning this Super Bowl allowed them to finally eclipse the Skins bounty of Lombardi trophies. They have 3 we have 4.</p>

Outside of Redskins and Giants fans who cares?

giantsfan39
02-08-2012, 05:09 PM
I hope it is the Steelers.

repeatchamps
02-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Steelers-Ben vs Eli

</P>

Theappealing thing about the Skins is 2 fold. One they swept us this year and two the Giants winning this Super Bowl allowed them to finally eclipse the Skins bounty of Lombardi trophies. They have 3 we have 4.</P>

</P>

Lol, exactly. My gut tells me itwill beGreen Bay. Last 2 Super Bowl champs facing off is too juicyfor the NFL topass up. Add the playoff matchup and regular season matchup to that theme and well I think it is a no-brainer. It also makes GB play two Thursday openers in a row just like the Saints had to the last two seasons.</P>

Overdrive92
02-08-2012, 05:12 PM
(do the SB Champs always open at home?) Yes. Here are our 8 home games this season. PEOPLE, the Niners are not one of them, so it CANNOT be the Niners. Cowboys, Redskins, Eagles, Steelers, Browns, Saints, Buccaneers, Packers It will be the Packers. But imagine if it was the Browns? LMAO. I would love either the Saints or Packers. Get one of them out of the way early.</P>

I'd like the Saints as well but considering they have been in the last two Thursday openers, one at home, one away, I doubt the league will make them do it again. My gut tells me it will be Green Bay. Slight chance it is one of the*NFC East*teams and even a slighter chance probably that it is the Steelers.</P>

If it is a division rival, it will probably be the Cowboys. Maybe the Eagles.

But it will NOT be the Redskins. People, you have to remember. The NFL is a business. It's all about what matchup will draw big ratings in the primetime slot. The Redskins are NOT a big draw. They suck. What will draw is the Giants vs. another heavyweight team. That's why it will be the Packers (or if not, another heavyweight team like the Saints or Steelers).

repeatchamps
02-08-2012, 05:16 PM

I'd like the Saints as well but considering they have been in the last two Thursday openers, one at home, one away, I doubt the league will make them do it again. My gut tells me it will be Green Bay. Slight chance it is one of theNFC Eastteams and even a slighter chance probably that it is the Steelers.</P>

If it is a division rival, it will probably be the Cowboys. Maybe the Eagles. But it will NOT be the Redskins. People, you have to remember. The NFL is a business. It's all about what matchup will draw big ratings in the primetime slot. The Redskins are NOT a big draw. They suck. What will draw is the Giants vs. another heavyweight team. That's why it will be the Packers (or if not, another heavyweight team like the Saints or Steelers).</P>

I am in total agreement. It would be interesting to Giants and Skins fans only. I will say that I think the Saints won't be forced to open a Thursday game for the third year in a row. Green Bay is my pick per my last reply above. Too much juice behind that game for the NFL to pass it up. If I had to rank likelihood, it would be this:</P>

Packers</P>

Cowboys</P>

Eagles</P>

Steelers</P>

aznNYG86
02-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Why can't it be the Eagles or any other NFC East team? We opened against WAS in 08. It's about freakin time we finally beat PHI at our new house. Although NO would be an interesting game.Most likelya GB-NYG game on 9/6/12.

Overdrive92
02-08-2012, 05:18 PM

I'd like the Saints as well but considering they have been in the last two Thursday openers, one at home, one away, I doubt the league will make them do it again. My gut tells me it will be Green Bay. Slight chance it is one of the*NFC East*teams and even a slighter chance probably that it is the Steelers.</P>

If it is a division rival, it will probably be the Cowboys. Maybe the Eagles. But it will NOT be the Redskins. People, you have to remember. The NFL is a business. It's all about what matchup will draw big ratings in the primetime slot. The Redskins are NOT a big draw. They suck. What will draw is the Giants vs. another heavyweight team. That's why it will be the Packers (or if not, another heavyweight team like the Saints or Steelers).</P>

I am in total agreement. It would be interesting to Giants and Skins fans only. I will say that I think the Saints won't be forced to open a Thursday game for the third year in a row. Green Bay is my pick per my last reply above. Too much juice behind that game for the NFL to pass it up.</P>

Yup. This exactly.

There is no doubt in my mind that it will be the Packers vs. Giants. Also remember, every time the Pack & Giants play, it shatters ratings. Our Week 13 game was one of the most watched regular season games ever. Our Playoff game this year was one of the most watched Divisional Playoff games ever.

People love the Packers. People love the Giants. And everytime we play, it sets records in the ratings. And it's also two former champs? Yeah, no way the NFL is going to pass up on this.

giantsfan39
02-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Steelers-Ben vs Eli

</p>

Theappealing thing about the Skins is 2 fold. One they swept us this year and two the Giants winning this Super Bowl allowed them to finally eclipse the Skins bounty of Lombardi trophies. They have 3 we have 4.</p>

</p>

Lol, exactly. My gut tells me itwill beGreen Bay. Last 2 Super Bowl champs facing off is too juicyfor the NFL topass up. Add the playoff matchup and regular season matchup to that theme and well I think it is a no-brainer. It also makes GB play two Thursday openers in a row just like the Saints had to the last two seasons.</p>

Agreed. Packers most likely than Saints. But 49ers and Steelers have outside chance. We haven't played the Steelers since 2008 and Eli vs Ben(both with 2 rings) is a good storyline. Plus it would be a defensive battle.

Overdrive92
02-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Why can't it be the Eagles or any other NFC East team? We opened against WAS in 08. It's about freakin time we finally beat PHI at our new house. Although NO would be an interesting game.*Most likely*a GB-NYG game on 9/6/12.

If it's going to be a rival, it's going to be the Cowboys. Because the Cowboys are the NFL's biggest draw, Jerry Jones will try to push for it, and it will be a rematch of our big game at the Meadowlands this year.

We did open against the Redskins in '08, but the NFL is getting more and more popular by the year, and the opening game is becoming a bigger deal every year. It won't be the Redskins.

giantsfan39
02-08-2012, 05:21 PM
(do the SB Champs always open at home?) Yes. Here are our 8 home games this season. PEOPLE, the Niners are not one of them, so it CANNOT be the Niners. Cowboys, Redskins, Eagles, Steelers, Browns, Saints, Buccaneers, Packers It will be the Packers. But imagine if it was the Browns? LMAO. I would love either the Saints or Packers. Get one of them out of the way early.</p>

I'd like the Saints as well but considering they have been in the last two Thursday openers, one at home, one away, I doubt the league will make them do it again. My gut tells me it will be Green Bay. Slight chance it is one of theNFC Eastteams and even a slighter chance probably that it is the Steelers.</p>

If it is a division rival, it will probably be the Cowboys. Maybe the Eagles. But it will NOT be the Redskins. People, you have to remember. The NFL is a business. It's all about what matchup will draw big ratings in the primetime slot. The Redskins are NOT a big draw. They suck. What will draw is the Giants vs. another heavyweight team. That's why it will be the Packers (or if not, another heavyweight team like the Saints or Steelers).</p>

I am in total agreement. It would be interesting to Giants and Skins fans only. I will say that I think the Saints won't be forced to open a Thursday game for the third year in a row. Green Bay is my pick per my last reply above. Too much juice behind that game for the NFL to pass it up. If I had to rank likelihood, it would be this:</p>

Packers</p>

Cowboys</p>

Eagles</p>

Steelers</p>

False. It wouldn't be intresting to most Giants fans. It would be a lack of disrespect. I wouldn't watch this game. We are the defending Superbowl champions. We deserve the NFL's best. I also want one of these Saints/Packers/Steelers/49ers game to early in the season.

Everybody remembers that 49ers/Saints/Packers stretch.Lets have these tough games spread out.

repeatchamps
02-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Steelers-Ben vs Eli

</P>

</P>

Lol, exactly. My gut tells me itwill beGreen Bay. Last 2 Super Bowl champs facing off is too juicyfor the NFL topass up. Add the playoff matchup and regular season matchup to that theme and well I think it is a no-brainer. It also makes GB play two Thursday openers in a row just like the Saints had to the last two seasons.</P>

Agreed. Packers most likely than Saints. But 49ers and Steelers have outside chance. We haven't played the Steelers since 2008 and Eli vs Ben(both with 2 rings) is a good storyline. Plus it would be a defensive battle.

</P>

Like was said earlier in the thread it cannot be the 49ers as that is a road game. Super Bowl champ always opens up the Thursday game at home. I agree there's an outside shot it could be Pittsburgh.</P>

Giants10Joe
02-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Super Bowl winner is always the host. In addition to the divisional match ups we face Saints, Bucs, Browns, Steelers, and Packers at home. I think they usually like to have a non-divisional in conference game to start the season so that eliminates the Redskins, Eagles, Cowboys, Browns, and Steelers. Also, they want 2 marquee teams, so the Bucs are out. That leaves either Packers or Saints. Packers make more sense so they can bill it as the last 2 SB winners but Saints would be a very good match up too.

giantsfan39
02-08-2012, 05:24 PM
Steelers-Ben vs Eli

</p>

</p>

Lol, exactly. My gut tells me itwill beGreen Bay. Last 2 Super Bowl champs facing off is too juicyfor the NFL topass up. Add the playoff matchup and regular season matchup to that theme and well I think it is a no-brainer. It also makes GB play two Thursday openers in a row just like the Saints had to the last two seasons.</p>

</p>

Like was said earlier in the thread it cannot be the 49ers as that is a road game. Super Bowl champ always opens up the Thursday game at home. I agree there's an outside shot it could be Pittsburgh.</p>

Okay nevermind about SF then

I think there is a good chance it could be Pittsburgh actually.

I have a feeling that Giants-Packers and Giants-Saints will be MNF and SNF games.

Overdrive92
02-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Steelers-Ben vs Eli

The Redskins beat both the Packers and Bears last year.* Nobody gave them the opener.
</p>

The*appealing thing about the Skins is 2 fold. One they swept us this year and two the Giants winning this Super Bowl allowed them to finally eclipse the Skins bounty of Lombardi trophies. They have 3 we have 4.</p>

</p>

Lol, exactly. My gut tells me it*will be*Green Bay. Last 2 Super Bowl champs facing off is too juicy*for the NFL to*pass up. Add the playoff matchup and regular season matchup to that theme and well I think it is a no-brainer. It also makes GB play two Thursday openers in a row just like the Saints had to the last two seasons.</p>

</p>

Like was said earlier in the thread it cannot be the 49ers as that is a road game. Super Bowl champ always opens up the Thursday game at home. I agree there's an outside shot it could be Pittsburgh.</p>

Okay nevermind about SF then

I think there is a good chance it could be Pittsburgh actually.

I have a feeling that Giants-Packers and Giants-Saints will be MNF and SNF games.

I am 99.9% sure it will be the Packers. Sorry bud.

repeatchamps
02-08-2012, 05:25 PM

I am in total agreement. It would be interesting to Giants and Skins fans only. I will say that I think the Saints won't be forced to open a Thursday game for the third year in a row. Green Bay is my pick per my last reply above. Too much juice behind that game for the NFL to pass it up. If I had to rank likelihood, it would be this:</P>

Packers</P>

Cowboys</P>

Eagles</P>

Steelers</P>

False. It wouldn't be intresting to most Giants fans. It would be a lack of disrespect. I wouldn't watch this game. We are the defending Superbowl champions. We deserve the NFL's best. I also want one of these Saints/Packers/Steelers/49ers game to early in the season.

Everybody remembers that 49ers/Saints/Packers stretch.Lets have these tough games spread out.
</P>

Lol. Yeah you are pretty much correct. I don't want to see that as the opener again. It is getting old anyway. They opened against them in 2008, 2009 and again this year.</P>

repeatchamps
02-08-2012, 05:30 PM
Super Bowl winner is always the host. In addition to the divisional match ups we face Saints, Bucs, Browns, Steelers, and Packers at home. I think they usually like to have a non-divisional in conference game to start the season so that eliminates the Redskins, Eagles, Cowboys, Browns, and Steelers. Also, they want 2 marquee teams, so the Bucs are out. That leaves either Packers or Saints. Packers make more sense so they can bill it as the last 2 SB winners but Saints would be a very good match up too.
</P>

Never rule out Cowboys or Eagles. It is a huge ratings draw for the NFL. Skins as we've bantered back and forth in multiple replies in this thread will be uninteresting to most and overdone anyway. Saints will probably not be forced by the NFL to open on the Thursday night game for the third straight season. I'd love to catch them in that game as it gives us a better shot to knock them off early but it really is unfair to make them play that opener game for the third year in a row. Steelers have an outside shot but like you said the AFC-NFC thing in that game is uncommon. Green Bay is the easy choice in my opinion.</P>

I actually would not mind starting out against Green Bay and then getting New Orleans the week after on Sunday Night. Get it over with early and some extra days to prepare for Brees and companylol.</P>

stormblue
02-08-2012, 05:44 PM
when do they announce it ?
before or after D Snyder signs Payton Manning
and the world wants to see brother vs brother.
talk about ratings !!

Overdrive92
02-08-2012, 06:01 PM
when do they announce it ?
before or after D Snyder signs Payton Manning
and the world wants to see brother vs brother.
talk about ratings !!

Schedule comes out in early April.

Axels15
02-08-2012, 06:07 PM
I'd love to see the Steelers play the Giants in the Opener

Antwuan
02-08-2012, 07:34 PM
My guess is the Packers. The last 2 superbowl champs.

My other choices would be Eagles, Steelers, or Saints.

Antwuan
02-08-2012, 07:36 PM
I hope the Giants get a bye week around like week 8, week 9, or week 10.

G-Men Surg.
02-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Packers
We have a winner !

Jet-Blue
02-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Packers
We have a winner !

I'm going with the Packers also.

BigBlue2010
02-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Jerry will beg, plead and bribe to get into that game.

Overdrive92
02-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Jerry will beg, plead and bribe to get into that game.

He will. This is why I wouldn't be completely surprised if it's the Cowboys.

I thought for sure we'd get the Cowboys in MetLife's first game after we ruined their home opener. And then we got the Panthers.

Voldamort
02-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Packers or 49ers?

Overdrive92
02-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Packers or 49ers?

Packers.

The Niners game is in San Fran.

Jet-Blue
02-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Here's a Article on it. Still betting on the Packers.

Click Here (http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/09000d5d826aed7d/article/way-we-see-it-itll-be-packersgiants-to-kick-off-2012-season?module=HP11_content_stream)

Lambeau12
02-09-2012, 09:21 PM
I think it will be us going to NY for the opener. I hope we dont open the season 0-1.

Patton 20
02-09-2012, 09:28 PM
I say the Saints, lets see how they do in our backyard after this past year. The revenge tour should continue for 1 more game

"20"

Rich4114
02-09-2012, 10:16 PM
I hope it's the Browns

aznNYG86
02-10-2012, 12:01 AM
Well it could be totally unexpected. Remember how they said the Giants were likely going to open their season with the Jets in honor of Sept 11 this past season? That didn't happen.

NYSPORTS
02-10-2012, 12:22 AM
Packers

Yeah I see the Pack. They did Pack VS Saints last year, so why wouldn't it be Pack VS G-Men this year?

+2

I see it too.

BurnerNYG
02-10-2012, 03:10 AM
I think it will be us going to NY for the opener. I hope we dont open the season 0-1.If we open up 0-1, I think we'll be the 1st Superbowl winner to lose since they switched to this format.

Lambeau12
02-10-2012, 11:21 PM
Im to the point now where I hate playing the Giants like the Giants hate playing the Saints. The Packers matchup well with the Saints but with you guys not at all.

Antwuan
02-11-2012, 12:28 PM
I hope it's the Browns

Highly unlikely but the last time we were World Champions we played the Browns on MNF in which we lost.

Brandon jacobs
02-11-2012, 12:34 PM
if they sign Peyton perhaps. but more likely the packers. that game has everything - storied franchises, recent SB champs, Eli vs. Rodgers, revenge factor for playoffs.

revenge factor? that's non sense. they can't undo what has already been done. we beat them fair and square. not referring to you, my fellow giant fans, referring to the others in this league,"they are ******'s" just because we won another SB. guess fans should choose their team more wisely

appletree943
02-11-2012, 02:53 PM
please be the eagles

less chance Vick will be hurt by the time that game rolls around

Antwuan
02-11-2012, 02:55 PM
please be the eagles

Eagles @ Giants 2012 Kickoff Sept 6th?

Hmm! Interesting and it could very well happen too.

chasjay
02-11-2012, 03:03 PM
I hope it isn't the Saints, because I want the Saints to have to come up later in the year and have the chance of having some nasty weather to deal with.

Antwuan
02-11-2012, 03:10 PM
I hope it isn't the Saints, because I want the Saints to have to come up later in the year and have the chance of having some nasty weather to deal with.

I feel you on that one and that will work right into the Giants advantage.

appletree943
02-11-2012, 03:26 PM
please be the eagles

Eagles @ Giants 2012 Kickoff Sept 6th?

Hmm! Interesting and it could very well happen too. still mad they gave you guys the Redskins as the opener the last time

I mean really Washington? haha

East Coast Bias
02-11-2012, 06:31 PM
They'll save all those great matchups for ratings grabbers during the season.
Since it will be the 1st game of 2012 everyone will be watching no matter who they play.Therefore I say Tampa bay

Redeyejedi
02-11-2012, 06:57 PM
I hope the Saints come here in December