PDA

View Full Version : Luck (Not Andrew)

qndarius3
02-08-2012, 03:51 PM
I am sick of all this talk about how lucky we are.

We decimated the Falcons and flat out beat the "Best" team in the league on the road in Green Bay.

In SF people are blaming Williams for "Muffing" 2 kicks? The first was a great heads up play by Devin Thomas to recover that ball (and take it to the endzone), and the second was an absolutely superb punchout by Jacquain Williams. Thats luck?

Welker dropping the ball? It was not a great throw, high and over the wrong shoulder. Manningham's catch? That was not luck, it was a ridiculously perfect throw, and a great grab to stay in bounds.

You make your own luck, and we put ourselves in a position to win each of these games.

Go GMEN!

GmenFan1980
02-08-2012, 04:04 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2012/1/1/d1ec37ee-222a-433c-af09-4a81420e50ec.jpg

Honestly, Just stop caring. People are going to think what they want to justify their team. Even if it makes no logical sense

look@dafilm
02-08-2012, 05:07 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2012/1/1/d1ec37ee-222a-433c-af09-4a81420e50ec.jpg

Honestly, Just stop caring. People are going to think what they want to justify their team. Even if it makes no logical sense

Lol

KillaRich
02-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Screw them..who cares.... Id rather be a fan of the LUCKY champs...vs a Good NON-champ

Axels15
02-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Don't let it get to you.

ashleymarie
02-08-2012, 05:17 PM
It bothers me too (all the talk about luck) but I am trying to put it to rest. Hope you can too.

CDN_G-FAN
02-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Couple points:</P>

1. There is no team on earth that haswon a championship, and has come out and said "heh, yeah, we'er just so lucky to be here Mike. There were so many teams better than us but i guess we just got lucky". Apparantly, we're obligated to be the first.</P>

2. All of these teams acting like the universe is lined up against them just can't finish football games. that's been Coughlin's mantra all year for a reason. When we lost a ridiculous lead in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter to the Eagles last year, that cost us the playoffs, THERE WASN'T ONE POSTER ON THIS BOARD that cried and whined about how lucky the eagles were.3 dropped passes that ice the game, eli's fumble after the 1st down run, dodge catching a bad snap and trying to kick it out of OB and instead kicks it right to Jackson. We were smart enough to know the difference between a team that can finish and a team that can't. The Packers, Pats, and 49er fan base still need to learn that lesson.</P>

Every one of those teams we beat are trying to cover up the fact that they weren't good enough with some cosmic idea that somehow they never really had a chance because they didn't get the bounces.</P>

Please keep that attitude NFC, we've got more room in our trophy case.</P>

THE_New_York_Giants
02-08-2012, 05:20 PM

lmfao

kodijake
02-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Last year nothing seemed to bounce our way, this year many things did, such is the life of every sports team. Show me any championship team that didn't have a few things go their way en route to their championship. Honestly, this is what makes wathcing sports so great, you just never know what's gonna happen. Who gives a rat's butt that we caught some breaks, it's what we did with those breaks that made us champions!

CDN_G-FAN
02-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Last year nothing seemed to bounce our way, this year many things did, such is the life of every sports team. Show me any championship team that didn't have a few things go their way en route to their championship. Honestly, this is what makes wathcing sports so great, you just never know what's gonna happen. Who gives a rat's butt that we caught some breaks, it's what we did with those breaks that made us champions!</P>

Do the Saints beat the Colts, after going into the locker room behind, if Dwight Freeney's high ankle sprain doesn't seeze up at halftime, after he's harrassed the hell out of Brees for 2 quarters?</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>God, the Saints are so LUCKY.</FONT></P>