PDA

View Full Version : The 2 TDs that screwed the Giants

hungrrrry
12-04-2011, 10:38 PM
They did show clearly that Ballard draged his knee in bounds...we didn't get the points</P>

The Catch by the GB receiver against Amukumara was very questionable and should have been overturned...he bobbled it the entire way through the endzone and then had it knocked out of his hands by prince.</P>

for would've, should've, could've sake</P>

buddy33
12-04-2011, 10:40 PM
I think Ballard was out, but the other one was not questionable at all. He did not have control of the ball and the refs blew it.

NYGiants2120
12-04-2011, 10:40 PM
I don't know about Ballard but i agree about the Prince play.

BurnerNYG
12-04-2011, 10:44 PM
Yeah that TD against Prince was real suspect. I thought the receiver had to have possession of the ball? Why wasn't Prince in the game in the final minutes? What a way to tell your 1st round pick that you got faith in him. The coaching staff did that mess to Cruz when he dropped that pass in the Washington game.

NYG216
12-04-2011, 10:50 PM
I think Ballard was out, but the other one was not questionable at all. He did not have control of the ball and the refs blew it.

Did anyone get the feeling that the ref would never overturn a call?

buddy33
12-04-2011, 10:52 PM

Yeah, it was like the refs where mad for TC questioning them two other times during the game.

miked1958
12-04-2011, 10:55 PM
Didn't seem to me that his knee was in. They showed several angles on it and none clearly showed it bouncing or dragging prior to going out.

As far as the other one I thought the Calvin Johnson play set a standard that the receiver had to maintain possession all the way through the catch or play?

Also does anyone remember the circumstances surrounding that play? What down was it? Had it been ruled no catch then what down would it have been. I think they were around our 20 already so good chance they score anyway if less then third down

miked1958
12-04-2011, 10:57 PM

Yeah, it was like the refs where mad for TC questioning them two other times during the game.
Usually he is pretty good with his challenges. He should Fine whoever gave him the go ahead upstairs to challenge those plays. Both were not even close and cost us 2 valuable first
downs

DEgiants89
12-04-2011, 11:12 PM
yea idk about ballard but I agreed about Prince

dannydufflebags
12-04-2011, 11:21 PM
The Ballard catch was great, but silly out of bounds. The catch by GB, was not a catch and silly not a effin TD. How that want overturned, is a disgrace to the officiating of this league. What's more, way more, is that tc had to challenge not 1, but 2 plays that by league rules, should have been auto reviewed. The first one cost us a to during the final seconds of first half, and the deco fd left us without challenges for a
Most the entire second half. Horrible officiating in nj, same old same old.