PDA

View Full Version : Who are your top 5 sleepers?

critters
02-08-2012, 05:25 PM
By sleepers, I mean guys that aren't projected to go in the first 4 rounds (pre combine/pro day)

1. Demario Davis (LB) Arkansas State... Extremely fast with good power. Great in coverage and getting to the outside. Not the ideal height for a MLB, but at 6'1 240 I think he can manage. He played OLB throughout college but played MLB at the Senior Bowl I believe. Good tackler and has shown great ability to get off of blockers. Keep an eye on this guy at the combine.

2. Bryce Brown (RB) no team... The guy has some problems and has pretty much handled every step of his career so far horribly. Still, he has the ability to be an elite RB at the next level if he can mature and get focused... he could be a great player.

3. Dequan Menzie (CB) Alabama... Perhaps lacking in elite speed but was great at Alabama. Lived in the shadow of Dre Kirkpatrick despite outplaying him IMO in 2010. Beat out a previous 5 star starter in Demarcus Milliner after transferring to Alabama. Some may think he'll go in the first 4 rounds, but the site I'm using for grades (profootball weekly) has him listed 5th or later) If he doesn't count I'll stick with the same team and say Jerrell Harris (OLB) from Alabama who really came on strong his senior year. Very quick and athletic and will probably put up great numbers at the combine. 5 star player out of high school that played behind bigger guys.

4. Tauren Pool (RB) Not sure if he has #1 RB ability but I think he has the skills to be a great guy off the bench.

5. Rishard Mathews (WR) Nevada. A little raw but still gets the job done. He has a great blend of size and speed 6'1 215 with a track background. Top 10 in CFB in receiving yards. Will get up after the ball and will do the dirty work. Very promising future.

--would also put Vick Ballard on this list but lately I've seen him mocked in the first 4 rounds.

Voldamort
02-26-2012, 08:08 PM
got me bro ,I can't draft worth a sh** sleepers? I did win 18 of 21 teams in fanasty football,Nfl,Cbs,Fox!! So maybe I'am not so bad?

Kruunch
02-27-2012, 01:28 PM
Bobby Rainey (RB)

Evan Rodriquez (FB/TE)

Donte Paige-Moss (DE)

Andrew Datko (OT)

PIERCEnumber58rules
02-28-2012, 12:43 AM
Not sure if Demario Davis is still a sleeper. He had a pretty good Combine.

BlueSanta
02-28-2012, 03:41 AM
Andrew Datko (OT)

This.

If he recovers from his injury somebody is getting a good football player. I would not be surprised if Christian Ponder is up in minn. whispering in the GM's ear. Prior to his injury, the only guy I sw actually get the better of Datko now plays for us wearing #90.

heavyhitter
02-28-2012, 03:51 AM
Andrew Datko (OT)

This.

If he recovers from his injury somebody is getting a good football player. I would not be surprised if Christian Ponder is up in minn. whispering in the GM's ear. Prior to his injury, the only guy I sw actually get the better of Datko now plays for us wearing #90.

<font size="2">He had a pretty serious shoulder injury. Some guys bounce back from surgery and some don't. Can't think of the name of the freshman LB, (FSU) but he had a similar type injury to Datko and he's done playing football. I'd like to know how his medical went.</font>

heavyhitter
02-28-2012, 03:54 AM
<font size="2"><u>Mike Harris, CB, Florida State-</u> That's my guy right there. If he isn't a "sleeper", I don't know what is. Pretty sure he checked in at 5"10, 188 lbs. </font>

Neverend
03-05-2012, 02:38 AM
Jordan White and Greg Childs are two sleepers of mine.

heavyhitter
03-05-2012, 07:55 AM
Jordan White and Greg Childs are two sleepers of mine.<font size="2">I don't know if I'd call Childs a sleeper. Aside from Jarius Wright and Joe Adams, Childs was one of Ryan Mallett's go to guys &amp; a solid WR. Should be interesting though to see where he goes in the draft &amp; how he performs in the NFL. A lot of Arkansas guys are saying Childs hasn't been the same since his injury (torn patella tendon).</font>

TuckYou
03-05-2012, 03:54 PM
CB Shaun Prater, Iowa
RB Isaiah Pead, Cincinnati
</P>

Kruunch
03-05-2012, 03:55 PM
<font size="2"><u>Mike Harris, CB, Florida State-</u> That's my guy right there. If he isn't a "sleeper", I don't know what is. Pretty sure he checked in at 5"10, 188 lbs. </font>

That's not a sleeper ... that's a pygmy.

Kruunch
03-05-2012, 03:58 PM
CB Shaun Prater, Iowa
RB Isaiah Pead, Cincinnati
</P>

I like Pead too.

slipknottin
03-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Derek Wolfe.
Travis Lewis.

BlueSanta
03-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Derek Wolfe.
Travis Lewis.

definitely agree on Lewis.

nycsportzfan
03-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Most of my sleepers from the early part of the season aren't really sleepers anymore, so i'll pick another 5... </P>

</P>

Scott Solomon DE Rice- One of the mose dominant Dlineman statistacally in Rice History... This dudes one of those high motor guys, who never quits, and i can at worst see a Dave Tollefson type career for him.. Had a pretty decent combine outside of the 40. Finished top 5 in Vert and Shuttle for DE, and finished 8th in Cone and 2nd in Bench...</P>

</P>

Jaye Howard DT Florida- good look penetrating DT, who i think will fit nicely as a rotational DT for someone, who could possibly be more...</P>

Danny Coale WR Va Tech- I just really like this kid and can see him being really good if he gets drafted by the right team, and the GIANTS being one of them, if we lose mario.. This kids Versatile, having not only returned some punts, but also PUNTED as well!!!!lol He can catch it, run it on reverses, punt the ball, and return punts, and probably return kicks as well.. </P>

Omar Bolden CB Arz St- Injuries are whats gonna keep this kid outta top 2 to 3 rds... hes got great size for a CB and very solid speed and strength.. A big contributor when healthy..</P>

Davin meggett RB maryland- One of my fave sleeper RBs.. I think if he were on a better team, he'd be a bit higher pick then he'll be, all though hes gained a bit of steam, as i see em in the 4-6 range more often then not now.. Runs with good pad level, and is known to be a weight room rat... I could see this kid becoming a contributor and possibly more...</P>

Shockeyitus
03-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Coty Sensabaugh, CB - Clemson
Nick Provo, TE - Syracuse
Olivier Vernon, DE - The U
Eric Page, WR - Toledo
Travian Robertson, DT - South Carolina
Levy Ad****, OT - Okla State

B-Red22
03-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Derrick Moye- WR penn state

BlueSanta
03-07-2012, 02:50 AM

My only problem with him is that he was FSU's 3rd cb in a very deep secondary.

It is hard to actually see how he did vs top competition because Rhodes and Ried were usually the ones covering those guys. I certainly think he is athletic enough, fast enough and has good technique. I just think there is risk because of the lack of quality matchups for him. But then again, all those things I said are prolly better examples of why he is a good sleeper too.

heavyhitter
03-07-2012, 04:31 PM
<font size="2">Neiko Thorpe, S, Auburn</font>

critters
03-07-2012, 04:52 PM

Oddly enough, the guy also plays like he's asleep. I can't tell you how many tackles I've watched him miss. It's like he looks at the ground sometimes when he's tackling. Not trying to knock your sleeper though. Sorry.

XxBigWhitxX
03-07-2012, 04:58 PM
Xavier Rhodes DB FSU

Johnathan Massaqoui DE Troy

Rod Brooks DB LSU

Ben Jones C GA

heavyhitter
03-07-2012, 05:08 PM

Oddly enough, the guy also plays like he's asleep. I can't tell you how many tackles I've watched him miss. It's like he looks at the ground sometimes when he's tackling. Not trying to knock your sleeper though. Sorry.
Probably another guy not going to get drafted but thought I'd throw his name in the mix since I haven't seen it up in other threads. 4 reps of 225 on his Pro Day was kind of a head scratcher, even though he did really well in the rest of the drills.

heavyhitter
03-07-2012, 05:12 PM
Xavier Rhodes DB FSU<font size="2">Xavier Rhodes is still playing football at FSU &amp; is or will be anything but a sleeper. Maybe we need to explain or define what a "sleeper" exactly is-</font>

BlueSanta
03-07-2012, 05:18 PM
Xavier Rhodes DB FSU

Like many of the potential FSU defensive prospects who could have come out this year, Rhodes chose to return to school.

Next year's class from FSU entering the NFL is going to be sought after, especially if Bjorn Werner departs.

Shockeyitus
03-07-2012, 05:36 PM
Xavier Rhodes DB FSU

Like many of the potential FSU defensive prospects who could have come out this year, Rhodes chose to return to school.

Next year's class from FSU entering the NFL is going to be sought after, especially if Bjorn Werner departs.

Werner is an absolute train... He was totally dominant this past year and he has little Football experience. He will be a first round selection.

heavyhitter
03-08-2012, 11:59 AM
Xavier Rhodes DB FSU

<font size="2">Brandon Jenkins &amp; Bjorn Werner at DE might be the best duo in the country. Don't forget about Cornelius "Tank" Carradine at DE, that guy is a monster. </font>

slipknottin
03-17-2012, 02:34 AM
Ill add some more guys I like.

Omar Bolden, CB, Az st. Missed all of last year with a torn ACL.

He doesnt have the typical giants height (5'10), but hes really thick (202 pounds) and physical as hell. (benched 225 24 times too). He ran mid 4.4s at his proday. I forgot he was even in this draft. But he reminds me of a slightly taller and faster Brandon Flowers. With his plant and drive and tackling skills he would do well in zone, and he is very good in bump and run coverage, and loves beating on receivers.

Malik Jackson - DE, Tenn. Big and long, was 6'5 284 at the combine, now at 290 at his proday. He is explosive, strong, and has a good motor, but hes inconsistent, and has a lot of technique issues. Gets upright right at the snap constantly and negates all his ability. But I think he can become a Jason Jones type player, especially inside in pass rush situations, which is really all the giants would need him to do in his first season or two. Let him develop and expand his role.

Bernard Pierce- probably not much of a sleeper anymore, since he ran a couple 4.35s in a row at his proday, but if for whatever reason he was around in later rounds he would be a great pick. 6'0 220 pounds. So he has relatively low center of gravity, which helps because he runs very upright. But has fantastic feet and lateral agility. Has some durability issues. But could develop into a good tandem back.

BlueSanta
03-17-2012, 03:39 AM
Bernard Pierce- probably not much of a sleeper anymore, since he ran a couple 4.35s in a row at his proday, but if for whatever reason he was around in later rounds he would be a great pick. 6'0 220 pounds. So he has relatively low center of gravity, which helps because he runs very upright. But has fantastic feet and lateral agility. Has some durability issues. But could develop into a good tandem back.

He is a damn good player. The problem is I think zone blocking scheme teams are going to covet him.

nycsportzfan
03-17-2012, 06:48 AM
Ill add some more guys I like. Omar Bolden, CB, Az st. Missed all of last year with a torn ACL. He doesnt have the typical giants height (5'10), but hes really thick (202 pounds) and physical as hell. (benched 225 24 times too). He ran mid 4.4s at his proday. I forgot he was even in this draft. But he reminds me of a slightly taller and faster Brandon Flowers. With his plant and drive and tackling skills he would do well in zone, and he is very good in bump and run coverage, and loves beating on receivers. Malik Jackson - DE, Tenn. Big and long, was 6'5 284 at the combine, now at 290 at his proday. He is explosive, strong, and has a good motor, but hes inconsistent, and has a lot of technique issues. Gets upright right at the snap constantly and negates all his ability. But I think he can become a Jason Jones type player, especially inside in pass rush situations, which is really all the giants would need him to do in his first season or two. Let him develop and expand his role. Bernard Pierce- probably not much of a sleeper anymore, since he ran a couple 4.35s in a row at his proday, but if for whatever reason he was around in later rounds he would be a great pick. 6'0 220 pounds. So he has relatively low center of gravity, which helps because he runs very upright. But has fantastic feet and lateral agility. Has some durability issues. But could develop into a good tandem back. I got Omar Bolden as one of my sleepers in this thread as well.. As for Bernard Pierce, i've been super high on him since 2010.. I actually thought he would be the best back in the country in 2011, at one point in 2010... I think he could end up a HORSE for someone, or at least end up a very good starter, if he stays healthy...

coach1424
03-17-2012, 10:59 PM
1. Brandon Hardin cb/s Oregon State
2. Ronnie Hillman rb San Diego
3. Ron Brooks cb LSU
4. Terrell Manning lb NC State
5. Scott Wedige C Northern Illinois

heavyhitter
03-18-2012, 02:41 AM
Ill add some more guys I like. Omar Bolden, CB, Az st. Missed all of last year with a torn ACL. He doesnt have the typical giants height (5'10), but hes really thick (202 pounds) and physical as hell. (benched 225 24 times too). He ran mid 4.4s at his proday. I forgot he was even in this draft. But he reminds me of a slightly taller and faster Brandon Flowers. With his plant and drive and tackling skills he would do well in zone, and he is very good in bump and run coverage, and loves beating on receivers. Malik Jackson - DE, Tenn. Big and long, was 6'5 284 at the combine, now at 290 at his proday. He is explosive, strong, and has a good motor, but hes inconsistent, and has a lot of technique issues. Gets upright right at the snap constantly and negates all his ability. But I think he can become a Jason Jones type player, especially inside in pass rush situations, which is really all the giants would need him to do in his first season or two. Let him develop and expand his role. Bernard Pierce- probably not much of a sleeper anymore, since he ran a couple 4.35s in a row at his proday, but if for whatever reason he was around in later rounds he would be a great pick. 6'0 220 pounds. So he has relatively low center of gravity, which helps because he runs very upright. But has fantastic feet and lateral agility. Has some durability issues. But could develop into a good tandem back. I got Omar Bolden as one of my sleepers in this thread as well.. As for Bernard Pierce, i've been super high on him since 2010.. I actually thought he would be the best back in the country in 2011, at one point in 2010... I think he could end up a HORSE for someone, or at least end up a very good starter, if he stays healthy...<font size="2">You gotta like the versatility w/ Bolden. He's solid in both man and zone coverage &amp; even returns kicks. My only question w/ him is his durability. He missed most of 2009 w/ a sprained MCL and all of last year w/ a torn ACL.</font>

qndarius3
03-19-2012, 05:54 PM
S- George Iloka (boise st)

nycsportzfan
03-19-2012, 06:09 PM
Ill add some more guys I like. Omar Bolden, CB, Az st. Missed all of last year with a torn ACL. He doesnt have the typical giants height (5'10), but hes really thick (202 pounds) and physical as hell. (benched 225 24 times too). He ran mid 4.4s at his proday. I forgot he was even in this draft. But he reminds me of a slightly taller and faster Brandon Flowers. With his plant and drive and tackling skills he would do well in zone, and he is very good in bump and run coverage, and loves beating on receivers. Malik Jackson - DE, Tenn. Big and long, was 6'5 284 at the combine, now at 290 at his proday. He is explosive, strong, and has a good motor, but hes inconsistent, and has a lot of technique issues. Gets upright right at the snap constantly and negates all his ability. But I think he can become a Jason Jones type player, especially inside in pass rush situations, which is really all the giants would need him to do in his first season or two. Let him develop and expand his role. Bernard Pierce- probably not much of a sleeper anymore, since he ran a couple 4.35s in a row at his proday, but if for whatever reason he was around in later rounds he would be a great pick. 6'0 220 pounds. So he has relatively low center of gravity, which helps because he runs very upright. But has fantastic feet and lateral agility. Has some durability issues. But could develop into a good tandem back. I got Omar Bolden as one of my sleepers in this thread as well.. As for Bernard Pierce, i've been super high on him since 2010.. I actually thought he would be the best back in the country in 2011, at one point in 2010... I think he could end up a HORSE for someone, or at least end up a very good starter, if he stays healthy...<FONT size=2>You gotta like the versatility w/ Bolden. He's solid in both man and zone coverage &amp; even returns kicks. My only question w/ him is his durability. He missed most of 2009 w/ a sprained MCL and all of last year w/ a torn ACL.</FONT>
Yup, thats pretty much the only thing thats kept him from being a most likely 2nd rd pick, in my opinion...

BlueSanta
03-20-2012, 06:44 AM
I know he has been mentioned before, but I am going to reiterate Davin Megget.

He really is aquality north-south Rb who knows how to use his blockers. Everytime I watch a clip of him I wonder to myself what he would have done on a team that used him more and more to his strengths, let alone actually had some decent blockers.

I think you could put this kid on Bama, or LSU, or VT, or Georgia Tech or any of the run dominant programs and this kid would be as productive a back as their was in College football, cept maybe TR.

Lastly, he is a smart kid(double major) and a class act.

nycsportzfan
03-20-2012, 07:04 AM
I know he has been mentioned before, but I am going to reiterate Davin Megget.

He really is aquality north-south Rb who knows how to use his blockers. Everytime I watch a clip of him I wonder to myself what he would have done on a team that used him more and more to his strengths, let alone actually had some decent blockers.

I think you could put this kid on Bama, or LSU, or VT, or Georgia Tech or any of the run dominant programs and this kid would be as productive a back as their was in College football, cept maybe TR.

Lastly, he is a smart kid(double major) and a class act.
Couden't agree more about Davin Meggett.. The kid would be much earlier draft pick if his college jersey read LSU

slipknottin
03-20-2012, 10:30 AM
Adrien Robinson, TE, Cincy.

6'4 270, at his proday he had a 39.5" vert, and ran a 4.51 and 4.58 40. Then put up 29 reps of 225.

Cincy did not use him correctly, and as such he has virtually no receiving stats, probably will be 7th rounder or undrafted.

BlueSanta
03-20-2012, 11:40 AM

6'4 270, at his proday he had a 39.5" vert, and ran a 4.51 and 4.58 40. Then put up 29 reps of 225.

Cincy did not use him correctly, and as such he has virtually no receiving stats, probably will be 7th rounder or undrafted.gotta admit I dont know much about him. But you have me curious.

juice33s
03-20-2012, 02:01 PM

Cincy did not use him correctly, and as such he has virtually no receiving stats, probably will be 7th rounder or undrafted.
not sure where you got 29 reps on the bench, pretty sure he only did 15? He also jumped 11'3" in the broad which along with his 39.5 vertical would of led all TE's at the combine

slipknottin
03-20-2012, 04:11 PM
not sure where you got 29 reps on the bench, pretty sure he only did 15? He also jumped 11'3" in the broad which along with his 39.5 vertical would of led all TE's at the combine

Yep, sorry, misread the article. He put up 15 reps. Obviously can gain some upper body strength.

uhhuhyup22
03-20-2012, 10:29 PM
Love Jordan white. Sick production, I know it was in the MAC, but check his stats against Michigan, Illinois, uconn, and purdue. He was the entire offense and still those schools could not contain him. He will have a long nfl career imo.

nycsportzfan
03-21-2012, 08:03 AM
I've talked about him on the DRAFT FILM thread, and really like em for the DEON GRANT role on this team, and possibly more down the line, and thats SEAN CATTOUSE SS CAL.. Big, physical Safety who on looks like he moves well on the field when i have seen him, and can play CF as well as at the line... I would not mind adding him in the RD 5-7 range...