PDA

View Full Version : Plax on the market........

FBomb
02-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Per Rich Cimini of ESPNEWS..........Jets are not bringing him back.</P>

Just sayin.</P>

redbeardxxv
02-08-2012, 05:30 PM
San Fran will take a chance...

GameTime
02-08-2012, 05:33 PM
Patriots?? Good fit......</P>

bye bye Ocho Cinco...</P>

</P>

NWKEffectElement
02-08-2012, 05:34 PM

*</P>

+1

bansaw
02-08-2012, 05:35 PM
he doesnt try like he used to

CDN_G-FAN
02-08-2012, 05:36 PM

</P>

</P>

Ocho was willing to turn over a new leaf.</P>

Plax needs to be willing to do the same thing.</P>

We'll see if they continue to go this 'retooled old receiver' route or whether they try and sign someone who's a little younger.</P>

bLuereverie
02-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Jets not bringing him back?
Or him not wanting to go back?

or both

gmen0820
02-08-2012, 05:40 PM
He would probably excel on our team with a great QB and system he is familiar with. Plus, he should have his football legs back and be cheap.

Although I'd rather sign a slot guy to move Cruz outside, where I think he is better suited, Plaxico could be a cheap, solid player that is also a system fit.

RoanokeFan
02-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Per Rich Cimini of ESPNEWS..........Jets are not bringing him back.</p>

Just sayin.</p>

Leaving aside my feelings for Plaxico, he's not the Plaxico of Super Bowl fame any longer. We have far more pressing needs than a wide receiver.

CDN_G-FAN
02-08-2012, 05:41 PM
funny.</P>

</P>

when coughlin was feeling the heat before the first SB season, he looked at himself in the mirror and said he needed to do things a little different than he has in the past.</P>

It'll be interesting if Rex has the quality of character to do the same, or are they gonna pretend that this is 100% a roster issue.......</P>

Can't wait to watch the next episode of "Desperate Jets Organization".......</P>

manning to shockey
02-08-2012, 05:41 PM
he'd be a good redzone threat but i'd rather not have his diva attitude.

FBomb
02-08-2012, 05:42 PM

Just sayin.</P>

Leaving aside my feelings for Plaxico, he's not the Plaxico of Super Bowl fame any longer. We have far more pressing needs than a wide receiver.
</P>

Not if we lose Manningham.</P>

Sundown
02-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Ocho couldn't learn the playbook. You honestly think plax could? Plax isn't a deep threat anymore and that's what they need someone with speed.

FBomb
Not to mention he had a very average QB.

gmen0820

*</P>

</P>

Ocho was willing to turn over a new leaf.</P>

Plax needs to be willing to do the same thing.</P>

We'll see if they continue to go this 'retooled old receiver' route or whether they try and sign someone who's a little younger.</P>They had a promising kid in Brandon Tate that they traded.

I refrain from questioning Belicheck's moves because of his track record but his unconventionality really makes me wonder sometimes.

gmen0820
02-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Ocho couldn't learn the playbook. You honestly think plax could? Plax isn't a deep threat anymore and that's what they need someone with speed.Plax can't learn an option based route scheme?

He only played in it for about 4 years with success.

bLuereverie
02-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Bu...buu....buut they just resigned Tiquan Underwood.

G-Man67
02-08-2012, 05:48 PM
you can't seriously want this guy back at this point ... he has his place in Giants history both heroic and knuckleheadie, but we have the great luxury of staying young at WR ... Eli will get the ball to whoever and those younger WRs will improve steadily

RoanokeFan
02-08-2012, 05:48 PM

Who won't get a ring...OH WAIT!

gmen0820
02-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Not to mention he had a very average QB.Below average QB I might add/correct.

The offense was field able until they tried to expand Sanchez's role in the offense. They should of stuck to ground and pound.

RoanokeFan
02-08-2012, 05:49 PM

Who won't get a ring...OH WAIT!

RoanokeFan
02-08-2012, 05:51 PM

Just sayin.</p>

</p>

Not if we lose Manningham.</p>

We drafted Jenigan and have yet to see them use him. I suspect Reese hoped he'd be Mario's replacement. We'll see this off-season I guess.

stormblue
02-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Barden is taller and faster and younger and cheaper and already on the roster.

RoanokeFan
02-08-2012, 05:56 PM

You point? [;)]

The operative word we need is "gooder."

gmen0820
02-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Barden is taller and faster and younger and cheaper and already on the roster.Plax went to jail for two years, comes out with a bad QB and has more production in his first 4 weeks back then Barden had in his career.

I don't want to see him on the Eagles next year.

Sundown
02-08-2012, 06:01 PM
Ocho couldn't learn the playbook. You honestly think plax could? Plax isn't a deep threat anymore and that's what they need someone with speed.Plax can't learn an option based route scheme?

He only played in it for about 4 years with success.

Not sure what the pats scheme is but it's supposedly really complex.

RoanokeFan
02-08-2012, 06:01 PM
Barden is taller and faster and younger and cheaper and already on the roster.Plax went to jail for two years, comes out with a bad QB and has more production in his first 4 weeks back then Barden had in his career.

Yeah, Smith really killed us [;)]

stormblue
02-08-2012, 06:02 PM

You point?* [;)]

The operative word we need is "gooder."

ROFL
if i could have included "gooder" i would have !!!

RoanokeFan
02-08-2012, 06:02 PM

Yeah, Smith really killed us [;)]

KillaRich
02-08-2012, 06:07 PM
San Fran will take a chance...

WHat if san gets manningham and burress.....dangerous team

stormblue
02-08-2012, 06:18 PM

28 targets and 17 catches in 3 years is hardly ample enough of an opportunity to excel.

i'm not saying he's sliced bread , i'm just asking how are we gonna know unless we give him a legit shot.

at least toss him a couple of jump balls in the red zone.

SweetZombieJesus
02-08-2012, 06:21 PM
The milk is spoiled. Pass it around.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mdjOoiVIrf4/S-goVWqhFFI/AAAAAAAADBM/swtcb0dRoI4/s640/little-rascals.jpg

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Barden is taller and faster and younger and cheaper and already on the roster.Plax went to jail for two years, comes out with a bad QB and has more production in his first 4 weeks back then Barden had in his career. I don't want to see him on the Eagles next year. 28 targets and 17 catches in 3 years is hardly ample enough of an opportunity to excel. i'm not saying he's sliced bread , i'm just asking how are we gonna know unless we give him a legit shot. at least toss him a couple of jump balls in the red zone.Nothing wrong with giving him a workout and also making sure he understands the TEAMS goal alongside of he will be #3 reciever!!! I say Give it a shot, a workout does not = signing!

giantsfan420
02-08-2012, 06:37 PM
i have flip flopped on the plex situation. in no way would i want plex having a factor in our teams success.NOT AT ALL. say he becomes a fixture on offense bc he's kicking ***, then week 13 rolls around again and he makes another stupid mistake.

their should be no way the giants or coughlin trust him, why should they? at all? because he went to jail? screw it, let another team worry bout him.

steve smith on the other hand...he just got injured, he didn't voluntarily put himself in position to screw the team. plus smith and plex are both possession wr's at this point, although plex would prob be a better red zone threat, smith would be a better 3rd down threat. plus, smith would prob be cheaper than plex too.

i dunno, just seeing how this offense is so much different and 10x better passing and having wr's who want to spend the offseason working with eli...screw plex and his "nah im going to train in miami" shooting himself diva wr.

i mean if we did take him back i'd trust reese and coughlin, but honestly, i wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot pole. would rather re-sign MM or SS if MM is too expensive.

bLuereverie
02-08-2012, 07:15 PM

You forgot one key factor. He sucks.

giantsforce
02-08-2012, 07:44 PM

Just sayin.</p>

Couldn't agree more. even if we lose Mario, Hixon will be back (I hope healthy).

DragonSoul
02-08-2012, 07:45 PM

Just sayin.</P>Dont [:)]

Gmen2005
02-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Cool, he can sign with someone else. I'd rather take my chances with Barden than resign Plaxico.

FBomb
02-08-2012, 07:56 PM

Just sayin.</P>

Dont [:)]</P>

C'mon....somebody had to.[:)]</P>

G-Men4Supes
02-08-2012, 08:39 PM
If it was just the accidental self-shooting then the Giants would probably be more apt to consider Plax. But the memory of the dozens of violations of team rules would make Reese &amp; Coughlin hesitate to re-sign Plax. When you have one diva constantly disrupting everyone around him, it becomes counterproductive. That said, the G-men supposedly offered Plax a $1 million+incentives deal for 2011, so we can't rule it out entirely.

Voldamort
02-08-2012, 08:44 PM
nope not buying into that

jomo
02-08-2012, 08:45 PM
If it was just the accidental self-shooting then the Giants would probably be more apt to consider Plax. But the memory of the dozens of violations of team rules would make Reese &amp; Coughlin hesitate to re-sign Plax. When you have one diva constantly disrupting everyone around him, it becomes counterproductive. That said, the G-men supposedly offered Plax a $1 million+incentives deal for 2011, so we can't rule it out entirely.
That offer came when he was a year younger AND not coming off a mediocre season.

gmen0820
02-08-2012, 09:22 PM
i have flip flopped on the plex situation. in no way would i want plex having a factor in our teams success.NOT AT ALL. say he becomes a fixture on offense bc he's kicking ***, then week 13 rolls around again and he makes another stupid mistake.

their should be no way the giants or coughlin trust him, why should they? at all? because he went to jail? screw it, let another team worry bout him.

steve smith on the other hand...he just got injured, he didn't voluntarily put himself in position to screw the team. plus smith and plex are both possession wr's at this point, although plex would prob be a better red zone threat, smith would be a better 3rd down threat. plus, smith would prob be cheaper than plex too.

i dunno, just seeing how this offense is so much different and 10x better passing and having wr's who want to spend the offseason working with eli...screw plex and his "nah im going to train in miami" shooting himself diva wr.

i mean if we did take him back i'd trust reese and coughlin, but honestly, i wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot pole. would rather re-sign MM or SS if MM is too expensive.All legitimate concerns, and I don't disagree with any of it, but I'm sure Plax would work out with Eli. I know Eli had asked when he was with the team, but right now, this team is completely under Eli's control, I'm sure Plax would definitely listen to Eli's requests now, and if a deal were to be done, I'm sure it'd be done on that type of basis.

As for Smith, completely agree. Smith, if what he has is just a bone bruise, will be 100% next year at full speed (which I think Plax will be too), and both should be cheap, low risk high reward signings that could be instrumental in the future resignings of our higher priority young studs.

CDN_G-FAN
02-08-2012, 09:23 PM

i mean if we did take him back i'd trust reese and coughlin, but honestly, i wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot pole. would rather re-sign MM or SS if MM is too expensive.

too many guys forgot all the BS with plax.

before he wrecked a perfectly good pair of jogging pants, he was racking up huge team fines for breaking rules, had rumoured numerous sit downs with management.

that's after winning a championship with us.

DandyDon
02-08-2012, 10:02 PM
February NFL talk , and instead of Giants threads we get three pages about Plax?

IMHO, some team will sign him at some point, there will me another 3 page thread about it here, and then you will never see a thread about about him again.

Axels15
02-08-2012, 10:05 PM
he doesnt try like he used to

...like...he...used...to?

foosball
02-08-2012, 10:17 PM
This actually makes a lot of sense if he'll sign for cheap. Million a year.

BigBlue1971
02-08-2012, 10:21 PM
This actually makes a lot of sense if he'll sign for cheap. Million a year.
</P>

</P>

naw, he couldnt fit in with these guys! hes not a team guy, besides hes regressed since 07/08.</P>

Toadofsteel
02-08-2012, 10:29 PM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/245/Do_Not_Want_Dog%20(1).jpg

giantsfan420
02-08-2012, 10:33 PM

i mean if we did take him back i'd trust reese and coughlin, but honestly, i wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot pole. would rather re-sign MM or SS if MM is too expensive.All legitimate concerns, and I don't disagree with any of it, but I'm sure Plax would work out with Eli. I know Eli had asked when he was with the team, but right now, this team is completely under Eli's control, I'm sure Plax would definitely listen to Eli's requests now, and if a deal were to be done, I'm sure it'd be done on that type of basis.

As for Smith, completely agree. Smith, if what he has is just a bone bruise, will be 100% next year at full speed (which I think Plax will be too), and both should be cheap, low risk high reward signings that could be instrumental in the future resignings of our higher priority young studs.

yeah i agree. if the team does sign him, i trust reese, coughlin, and eli will all have sat down with him and let him know this "ill go to miami in the offseason and dog practices" crap won't fly.

but i infer that ur with me on rather having smith. i'd rather just get him back bc plex will def. be a bigger redzone target, smith moves the chains so well with eli and we already have two big play wr's already. it'd be good to get that possession, always on the same page with eli, double move route king in combination with nicks and cruz.

right now, i'm torn between wanting MM and Smith...if smith is cheaper and MM won't take a fair, competitive, home town discount contract than get smith. but even then, do we have the cap space that MM will prob require??
I could EASILY see smith jumping any chance he can get to come back to us, like a 2-3 year deal worth maybe 6 mil?

giantsfan420
02-08-2012, 10:36 PM

yeah i agree. if the team does sign him, i trust reese, coughlin, and eli will all have sat down with him and let him know this "ill go to miami in the offseason and dog practices" crap won't fly.

but i infer that ur with me on rather having smith. i'd rather just get him back bc plex will def. be a bigger redzone target, smith moves the chains so well with eli and we already have two big play wr's already. it'd be good to get that possession, always on the same page with eli, double move route king in combination with nicks and cruz.

right now, i'm torn between wanting MM and Smith...if smith is cheaper and MM won't take a fair, competitive, home town discount contract than get smith. but even then, do we have the cap space that MM will prob require??
I could EASILY see smith jumping any chance he can get to come back to us, like a 2-3 year deal worth maybe 6 mil?

come to think of it, i would be surprised if Smith WASN'T the plan for Reese as is right now. we are hurtng on the cap, got players we need to get signed, signing smith will just make everything else easier and also allow jerrigan to learn from smith.

plus MM has no cartilage in his knees, but still im torn. MM really earned my respect this post season. he had the quietest 3 playoff touchdowns in football history lol

Greatone80
02-08-2012, 10:48 PM
If the price is right,and it helps us beat the eagles,im all for it!!! he is the biggest eagles killer,and we could use him.I love our wr corps,and adding to them would be great.Not sure if we have the money for it,but what the hell--why not bring him back.Plax did have his best years with eli.

bandwgn86
02-08-2012, 10:53 PM

*</P>ocho needs to get back to being the jackass.. he has no fire bring back the riverdance..
Plax to Pats is totally a BB move

JJC7301
02-08-2012, 10:53 PM
I'd keep the idea of both Plax and SS in the back pocket, just in case. You can have both of them very cheap as our # 3 and 4 WRs.

That is if we don't sign MM...he's probably moving on.

gmen0820
02-08-2012, 10:57 PM
Yeah we are on the same page. Eli and Smith had something very special. If Smith is healthy, he should be the guy over Manningham because he is healthier and more consistent and Eli and him have a very good rapport, which I can't say with Manningham.

Manningham did have a nice postseason, but that only hurts his chances of returning because he should demand a higher contract. Now if Manningham takes a discount for the team, he will probably gain all my respect, and I will definitely enjoy seeing this group continue to grow.

But Smith, or even a Plaxico, serves as an alternate cheap, safe (I'm sure the Giants will be sure that there is no risk if either are signed), low risk high reward and system for signing.

I would love to take Cruz out of the slot, but nonetheless, if we do sign Burress by some chance, Cruz has proven his dominance in the slot.