PDA

View Full Version : Patriots Message Board is trying to make themselves feel better...

NYG6timeworldchamps
02-08-2012, 05:50 PM
They are calling the Giants "SO-CALLED" Champs?</P>

The link below:</P>

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/897077-vegas-giants-won-patriots-bowl-patriots-super-bowl-xlvii-champions-sorry-giants.html</P>

There stating that cause the G-Men play in a tougher conference and they play in a better conference the G-Men "stink." Huh?</P>

This one makes me angry as well:</P>
<DIV id=post_message_2957325>"Difference between 2001 Pats and these two "Championship" Giants teams is that the Pats went on afterwards to prove their domination wasn't a fluke. Greenbay did this last year. The Saints continued to dominate after their turn around as well. The Giants don't do this. They slip back into mediocrity, with no real leadership and reinforce the idea that they really were just lucky."</DIV>

Hostetler
02-08-2012, 05:52 PM
whatever gets them through the offseason

bansaw
02-08-2012, 05:52 PM
lol let them find what lets them sleep at night

Seducer
02-08-2012, 05:54 PM

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/897077-vegas-giants-won-patriots-bowl-patriots-super-bowl-xlvii-champions-sorry-giants.html</P>

There stating that cause the G-Men play in a tougher conference and they play in a better conference the G-Men "stink." Huh?</P>

<DIV id=post_message_2957325>"Difference between 2001 Pats and these two "Championship" Giants teams is that the Pats went on afterwards to prove their domination wasn't a fluke. Greenbay did this last year. The Saints continued to dominate after their turn around as well. The Giants don't do this. They slip back into mediocrity, with no real leadership and reinforce the idea that they really were just lucky."</DIV>

</P>

We dominated in 2008 and had a first round bye into the playoffs. Then lost. How is that different than what Green bay did?</P>

CDN_G-FAN
02-08-2012, 05:58 PM

</P>

this thread made me sign up for their boards.</P>

i find it interesting that the historical smear Pats fans used against the Colts is that they could rack up all the fantastic regular season records they wanted, what mattered was championships.</P>

Guess championships don't matter that much when you're not winning them anymore.</P>

To their credit, there's been a few other threads on there that are much more mature than what you'll find on the 49ers board.</P>

There's one talking about Jacobs Geisele comments, and about half of the responses in that thread fall into the "well, if we don't like all the trash talk, we should try beating them in championship games" category.</P>

That's pretty mature for a fanbase that's lost twice to us.</P>

BlueSanta
02-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Why do you care? Why still visit their boards even? The game is over, the champ is crowned.

freeoscar
02-08-2012, 05:59 PM
this isn't even factually correct. the '08 giants were the #1 seed and lost their first playoff game (like the '11 packers). the '10 Saints were a WC and lost their 1st playoff game (to a losing team). The '02 Patriots didn't even qualify for the playoffs.

Axels15
02-08-2012, 06:00 PM

</P>

this thread made me sign up for their boards.</P>

i find it interesting that the historical smear Pats fans used against the Colts is that they could rack up all the fantastic regular season records they wanted, what mattered was championships.</P>

Guess championships don't matter that much when you're not winning them anymore.</P>

To their credit, there's been a few other threads on there that are much more mature than what you'll find on the 49ers board.</P>

There's one talking about Jacobs Geisele comments, and about half of the responses in that thread fall into the "well, if we don't like all the trash talk, we should try beating them in championship games" category.</P>

That's pretty mature for a fanbase that's lost twice to us.</P>

The last post in the thread talks about how the Giants slip into Mediocrity after winning the super bowl

Can you point out to them that in 2008, the Giants went 12-4 and Won the division, then lost in the first round, just like the Packers?

I'd appreciate it if you spread some knowledge there, but I don't feel like registering myself

G-Man67
02-08-2012, 06:01 PM
how exactly did we slip into mediocrity again ... the Pats had not won a playoff game since 2008 either

and we went 12-4 the year after SB42, then we had a bad year ... injuries, etc. but even in that bad year we were .500 at 8-8, right? ... then the MeSean Jackson, 4th quarter collapse mess, but still 10-6 and this year was dicey ... 9-7 ... trailing in all but 1 game ... but heck when you end up 13-7 and get the ring ... hellooooo hard to dismiss that part of it

this might sound a little crazy, but maybe some teams go too crazy in the regular season ... it's a war of attrition ... Tuck paced himself, for example

Axels15
02-08-2012, 06:03 PM
how exactly did we slip into mediocrity again ... the Pats had not won a playoff game since 2008 either

and we went 12-4 the year after SB42, then we had a bad year ... injuries, etc. but even in that bad year we were .500 at 8-8, right? ... then the MeSean Jackson, 4th quarter collapse mess, but still 10-6 and this year was dicey ... 9-7 ... trailing in all but 1 game ... but heck when you end up 13-7 and get the ring ... hellooooo hard to dismiss that part of it

this might sound a little crazy, but maybe some teams go too crazy in the regular season ... it's a war of attrition ... Tuck paced himself, for example

Giants haven't been under .500 while coached by Coughlin and led by Eli, and have made the playoffs for a majority of those years

RoanokeFan
02-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Those folks are s l o w l y moving through the stages of grief, have some empathy lol

GmenFan1980
02-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Oh that tool? He said the pats were gonna blow us out in the super bowl just because they were the #1 seed and we were the 4th seed lol.

So yeah really couldn't care what crap they tell themselves to feel better

BlueBeast84
02-08-2012, 06:13 PM
I don't feel sorry for them. The Patriots Wes Welker sings on the plane ride back home, "I dropped the ball, You dropped one too, I dropped the ball, You dropped one too."

SweetZombieJesus
02-08-2012, 06:28 PM
<div id="post_message_2957325">"Difference between 2001 Pats and these two "Championship" Giants teams is that the Pats went on afterwards to prove their domination wasn't a fluke. Greenbay did this last year. The Saints continued to dominate after their turn around as well. The Giants don't do this. They slip back into mediocrity, with no real leadership and reinforce the idea that they really were just lucky."</div>

That's wicked retahded M******* logic as the 2008 Giants went 11-1 finishing 12-4, and the 2012 Giants haven't played yet.

Green Bay did well in the following season and blew the #1 seed, just as we did in 2008. Granted they went 15-1 we were 12-4, but we were 11-1 prior to the Plax shooting.

So does New England lose their XXXVI championship because the following season they went 9-7 and didn't make the playoffs?

CDN_G-FAN
02-08-2012, 06:31 PM

That's wicked retahded M******* logic as the 2008 Giants went 11-1 finishing 12-4, and the 2012 Giants haven't played yet.

Green Bay did well in the following season and blew the #1 seed, just as we did in 2008. Granted they went 15-1 we were 12-4, but we were 11-1 prior to the Plax shooting.

So does New England lose their XXXVI championship because the following season they went 9-7 and didn't make the playoffs?

</P>

+1</P>

what's old is new again.</P>

they're taking on the role of the Colts, who they used to flame as incapable of winning championships.</P>

Spizi
02-08-2012, 06:32 PM
the pats won every superbowl on last second field goals. the last two times the giants proved how lucky the pats were

calzonesays
02-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Lot of entitled bostonians. Giants are their kryptonite and they HATE IT.

SweetZombieJesus
02-08-2012, 07:25 PM
They are calling the Giants "SO-CALLED" Champs?</p>

The link below:</p>

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/897077-vegas-giants-won-patriots-bowl-patriots-super-bowl-xlvii-champions-sorry-giants.html</p>

I tried to sign up but all their PHP scripts are bombing (if they didn't disable it on purpose).

Can you just cut and paste my replies there?

NYG6timeworldchamps
02-08-2012, 08:14 PM
I'd love to post, but I was banned in 2007 for sticking up for the Giants. I tried signing up again, but they must have shut down.

Voldamort
02-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Boston Sux

TroyArcher
02-08-2012, 08:18 PM
I am starting to build a real hatred for the Pats. No SB victories since Spygate. Enough said.

Breezely
02-08-2012, 08:28 PM
They should be mad as hell at that Gronkowski video!!!!!!!!

I would be fuming!!!!!

Oh yeah . . . . who's your daddy!!!!!!

Big Blue 418
02-08-2012, 08:29 PM
By their logic Ravens fans should be calling the Pats the so called champs . LOL

Here is thing they should hate us . We own them ...

The so called champs are the champs . No one can take that away from . If this makes them sleep better so be it .

I will be sleeptng to We are the champions until Sept

DEgiants89
02-08-2012, 08:38 PM
They are calling the Giants "SO-CALLED" Champs?</p>

The link below:</p>

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/897077-vegas-giants-won-patriots-bowl-patriots-super-bowl-xlvii-champions-sorry-giants.html</p>

There stating that cause the G-Men play in a tougher conference and they play in a better conference the G-Men "stink." Huh?</p>

This one makes me angry as well:</p>
<div id="post_message_2957325">"Difference between 2001 Pats and these two "Championship" Giants teams is that the Pats went on afterwards to prove their domination wasn't a fluke. Greenbay did this last year. The Saints continued to dominate after their turn around as well. The Giants don't do this. They slip back into mediocrity, with no real leadership and reinforce the idea that they really were just lucky."</div>

Wait weren't the Giants like 10-1 the season after then Plax shot himself but we were still the number 1 seed in that epic game against Carolina? We were juggernaut mode that season. Esp our run game wow, those were the days.

suzyq
02-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Pats fans are a bunch of sour grapes up here in MA.
I had a guy who covered his eyes as I walked by wearing my Giants jacket, another grunted and the best was a cashier who gave me a dirty look and grunted as well. I just gave them all my pretty little smile.
Proud to be a NY Giant fan here in NE!

Brandon jacobs
02-08-2012, 09:35 PM
For **** sake! They can say what they want about the Gmen, we played them twice in the big show and owned them both times.PERIOD!

Axels15
02-08-2012, 09:42 PM

I would be fuming!!!!!

I wouldn't have been. You gotta have a short memory. Move on to the next season, it's not like they shouldn't be proud to make it to the super bowl

Big Blue 418
02-08-2012, 09:43 PM

I would be fuming!!!!!

I wouldn't have been. You gotta have a short memory. Move on to the next season, it's not like they shouldn't be proud to make it to the super bowl

That night of your Partying ? I am sorry thats pathetic

mike kennedy
02-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Why are you on their board, are you a troll?

We do the same *hit!

JJC7301
02-08-2012, 11:17 PM

Sounds like they're giving GB props for their post SB 15-1 record, but we did the same in '08 -- we were the NFC's best at 12-4 and beat ALL of the best teams during the regular season. We just didn't have it in the playoffs (like GB this year).

But I agree with his premise about the future of the Pats -- they're rebuilding very nicely and have a LOT of draft picks coming this year (like every year). I like how they've rebuilt over the past few years, and have still remained one of the dominant teams the entire time.

Anyway, we're SB champs and they're not. Again.

BlueReign
02-08-2012, 11:23 PM
Yeah, beating a team twice in the same season is luck.

Zoboomafoo
02-09-2012, 12:36 AM
PatriotSeven is a stone cold moron who talks so much crap with complete and constant lapses in logic that if I were the admin on that board, I would have banned him for his ridiculous trolling.

The rest of the board isn't that bad. Probably 99% of the, "can you believe this post" posts were started by him. He gives Pats Fans and that forum a bad name.