PDA

View Full Version : collinsworth

gianta
02-08-2012, 04:52 PM
Who else thought collinsworth was partial to the Pats?Even making excuses for how the game could have turned out differently.

bansaw
02-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Cris Collinsworth: "Wes Welker makes that catch 100 times out of 100."

[...]

Al Michaels: "That must've been the 101st time."

Collingsworth is a knob. I'd heckle him if I ever saw him at an airport

BlueJayC
02-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Just Collingsworthless staying the course for the year......

CDN_G-FAN
02-08-2012, 05:01 PM
he really got on my nerves this year.</P>

although i have to admit, i'd rather listen to collingsworth 100 times out of 100 instead of chuckie &amp; jaws.</P>

I feel like ripping my own ears off when i hear those two knobs.</P>

jppmvp90
02-08-2012, 05:20 PM
always hates the giants going back to the sf playoff game in 02

TrueBlue@NYC
02-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Yeah, Collinsworth was almost as bad as he was during the season finale against DAL. </P>

You really could tell that he was rooting against us in both of those games. I dunno why, maybe he didn't like the idea of a 9-7 team winning it all, and he's supported us in the past, but this year he really seemed to be pulling against us. </P>

And the disdain he had for LT on Inside the NFL was so palatable you could almost see it eminating off of him. </P>

JDE123
02-08-2012, 06:07 PM

[...]

I don't understand why that comment would get you upset. Not only is it probably accurate (Welker is the most sure-handed receiver in the NFL and has caught more balls over the past 5 years than anyone else in the league), but it's not exactly complimentary. It's basically a pompous way of saying "I can't believe he dropped that."

gianta
02-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Because ole Chris wasn't saying how could someone of Welkers caliber drop that pass,he was saying the Giants are lucky and should have lost to the better team.JMHO

OrangeGiant
02-08-2012, 06:21 PM

[...]

I don't understand why that comment would get you upset. Not only is it probably accurate (Welker is the most sure-handed receiver in the NFL and has caught more balls over the past 5 years than anyone else in the league), but it's not exactly complimentary. It's basically a pompous way of saying "I can't believe he dropped that."
</P>

The thing is, it wasn't accurate. Everyone acts like that was an easy catch. He was twisting and reaching backward with his body basically parallel to the ground. It wasn't a good throw and while maybe Welker makes it more often than not, if he caught it, it would have been a great catch. If anyone other than Brady is throwing that ball, you can bet the criticism would have been on the thrower, not the receiver. </P>

02-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Collinsworth obviously has a beef with us..
He never criticized Brady 's lame duck chuck that Blackburn int'd. or the STOOPID safety he took.
When Eli makes one exceptional pass after another it's all luck.... Really annoyed the #$% out of me

BigBlue2010
02-08-2012, 06:40 PM
I don't have anything against Chris, but this whole notion that the Pats had this game in hand but blew the opportunity is really really annoying. We had missed opportunities too. I remember three plays alone that 82 could of made. In the end of the day, the Giants made more plays. And I'll say this - if we had the ball with :56 left needing a TD I think we still win.

Gmen2005
02-08-2012, 06:44 PM
I actually don't mind Collinsworth. I like his insight and how he'll break down some things for fans.

sausage
02-08-2012, 06:50 PM
you guys dont have showtime. collinsworth has been gushing about the giants for past couple months. he even said he would have picked them over packers if on neutral field, that he wanted to pick giants but couldnt go against GB at home.

tikiandphil
02-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Who else thought collinsworth was partial to the Pats?Even making excuses for how the game could have turned out differently.

I'm on record saying this guy has Bradys **** in his mouth. My favorite quote from the Superbowl is when he said on two different occasions " chasing him down from behind ". I know I didn't play NFL football but how else do you chase a guy down?

TroyArcher
02-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Great comeback by Michaels. I have never seen someone as full of themselves as Collinsworth, well maybe Boomer Esiason.

BrianK
02-08-2012, 07:47 PM
you guys are way too sensitive...

jomo
02-08-2012, 07:49 PM
I rewatched the game last night and he didn't bother me as much. He still over uses the superlative when none is warranted. It is an annoying quality in a guy who is supposed to be an "analyst."

TrueBlue10
02-08-2012, 08:24 PM
I've never found him to be anti-Giants.... just anti-intelligence.

jomo
02-08-2012, 08:25 PM
I've never found him to be anti-Giants.... just anti-intelligence.
Nicely put.

DandyDon
02-08-2012, 08:44 PM

[...]

Collingsworth is a knob.* I'd heckle him if I ever saw him at an airport

Yup

jomo
02-08-2012, 08:48 PM

[...]

He is a pea brain. First off, that was a tough catch by any measure. As great as Welker is, he maybe catches 85 out of 100.</P>

What is worse, the dummy never questions the quality of the pass. Could Brady have shaved it a bit more inside and low? He had a clear throwing lane and our safety wasn't that close.</P>

He chose the lazy route and called us lucky by extension.</P>

sg92
02-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Christ, you guys are all more sensitive than my wife.

Elaxico
02-08-2012, 10:18 PM

Still love this comment though. Made me chuckle.

Toadofsteel
02-08-2012, 10:32 PM
Personally I'd rather deal with Collinsworth than Joe Buck. That said, Buck did the packers game, and actually broke monotone for about 3 seconds when nicks caught that hail mary.

JJC7301
02-08-2012, 10:33 PM

[...]

Collingsworth is a knob.* I'd heckle him if I ever saw him at an airport

I've never had a problem with Collinsworth and have liked him going back to "Inside the NFL."

He's right -- Welker does make that catch 100 times out of 100, but Michaels was right too.

Collinsworth also criticized MM for a go-route that he mis-ran (too close to the sideline) early in the game, and then praised him for when he made that awesome 38-yard catch in the 4th qtr.

I think he's fair. I think we're a little to sensitive towards any criticism whatsoever.

ibbill
02-08-2012, 10:49 PM
he really got on my nerves this year.</P>

although i have to admit, i'd rather listen to collingsworth 100 times out of 100 instead of chuckie & jaws.</P>

I feel like ripping my own ears off when i hear those two knobs.</P>

chuckie & jaws get the mute button as soon as the game starts. They have to be the worst.