PDA

View Full Version : Some team will throw #1 WR $ @ Manningham so Big Blue

flimflam
02-08-2012, 07:02 PM
should sign...Wes Welker. Just an idea. He'd be a beast next to Nick and Cruz.

THE_New_York_Giants
02-08-2012, 07:03 PM
This offense would be unstoppable..

OrangeGiant
02-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Well at least then he'd have a chance to be on the winning side of a Giants-Pats SB in the future!

bLuereverie
02-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Manningham's not getting #1 money. Not in this WR free agent class, not in any WR free agent class.

KidA
Wes Welker would be great, but if we can't afford Manningham how can we afford Welker?

MikeIsaGiant
Didn't or ARE pats franchising him?

jhamburg
02-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Wes Welker would be great, but if we can't afford Manningham how can we afford Welker?

Exactly...Welker is great but if we're spending that kind of money on a multi year deal I'd rather have a 25 year old in Manningham than a 30 year old in Welker.

Elaxico
02-08-2012, 07:11 PM
should re-sign Steve Smith at a discount.

Firenugget
02-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Manningham's not getting #1 money. Not in this WR free agent class, not in any WR free agent class.

I know it. people are severely overestimating his value. He's not a #1 on any team. He is what he is, a #2....and a good one I may add.

Axels15
02-08-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm willing to see what Jernigan can do, and hell even barden or Hixon if he can stay healthy

Axels15
02-08-2012, 07:26 PM

Ew

No

FishinTheSalt
02-08-2012, 07:32 PM
should re-sign Steve Smith at a discount. Ew No</P>

Agree with Axel, no way.</P>

Firenugget
02-08-2012, 07:33 PM
I'm willing to see what Jernigan can do, and hell even barden or Hixon if he can stay healthy

Mario will be here. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

NYGRealityCheck
02-08-2012, 07:33 PM

Are you kidding me? There are so many teams that are dying for a solid WR. (Rams (who will probably draft Blackmon), 49ers, Raiders, Broncos, just to name some...)

bLuereverie
02-08-2012, 07:42 PM

Are you kidding me? There are so many teams that are dying for a solid WR. (Rams (who will probably draft Blackmon), 49ers, Raiders, Broncos, just to name some...)

So Manningham is going to get paid #1 receiver money in this year's market after the year he just had?

He had a TERRIBLE year. The superbowl didn't change it. Of the top40 receivers in yards/catches, Manningham had the second worst catch per target at ratio at 50.6%. This occurred in a career season for Eli, and one where he lost his starting spot to an UFA. Manningham is not getting #1 money.

NYGRealityCheck
02-08-2012, 07:55 PM

So Manningham is going to get paid #1 receiver money in this year's market after the year he just had?

He had a TERRIBLE year. The superbowl didn't change it. Of the top40 receivers in yards/catches, Manningham had the second worst catch per target at ratio at 50.6%. This occurred in a career season for Eli, and one where he lost his starting spot to an UFA. Manningham is not getting #1 money.

Of course not Fitzgerald money, but to outbid the Giants, it's very possible. Rookie salary caps on draft picks + a minimum spending limit of a team's salary cap might equate to some players getting overpaid.

Free agency starts in March 13. We're not even half way through February. At the very least, Manningham is still a Giant until then. Enjoy it with the Superbowl win!

bigjeep
02-08-2012, 08:00 PM

He will get more money then the Giants will offer.
Giants only have so much money to spread around!

Firenugget
02-08-2012, 08:00 PM

Of course not Fitzgerald money, but to outbid the Giants, it's very possible. Rookie salary caps on draft picks + a minimum spending limit of a team's salary cap might equate to some players getting overpaid.

Free agency starts in March 13. We're not even half way through February. At the very least, Manningham is still a Giant until then. Enjoy it with the Superbowl win!

I love MM. But he's just not a 1. He's not smart enough or savvy enough to be a 1.

If a team signs him as their 1 it will be over after the 1st year. MM is just one of those guys that needs other guys around him. But either way I think the point is moot. I see no way we let him walk after this post season. He was money in the SF game and the SB.

bLuereverie
02-08-2012, 08:14 PM
No one said he is getting Fitzgerald money. No one said he won't get more money than what the Giants can offer. But he is no getting #1 wide out money.

bluesince86
02-08-2012, 08:16 PM

I love MM. But he's just not a 1. He's not smart enough or savvy enough to be a 1.

If a team signs him as their 1 it will be over after the 1st year. MM is just one of those guys that needs other guys around him. But either way I think the point is moot. I see no way we let him walk after this post season. He was money in the SF game and the SB.

I agree, I dont think he is a #1 at all, but I dont know that we wont let him walk. I could see a Gibril Wilson situation where some team just offers him ridiculous money and the Giants let him go. As long as he is reasonable with what he wants I see him back. But there is always that one team out there every year that overreacts to a playoff run or one season of decent work and over pays for a player. Depending on the QB situation and money I could see Miami making a run for him. With Brandon Marshall as the true #1 threat, it could make sense for them.

NYGRealityCheck
02-08-2012, 08:18 PM
No one said he is getting Fitzgerald money. No one said he won't get more money than what the Giants can offer. But he is no getting #1 wide out money.

ok then please clarify how much do you think is #1 wide out money?

It can apparently range to from Fitzgerald to playing near minimum wage this season like D.Jackson as the Eagles No. 1 WR cause he got stuck with his rookie contract. Not to mention Nicks was playing for under $2 mil this year for the Giants?

PIERCEnumber58rules
02-08-2012, 08:27 PM

Man I hope so. I loved him at Michigan, and he's been my favorite GIANT since the day he got here. I really hope Reese keeps this WR corp intact.

BTW Welker IS NOT an upgrade over Manningham.

BillTheGreek
02-08-2012, 08:29 PM

YES !

Redeyejedi
02-08-2012, 08:30 PM
I dont see him getting more then Jordy Nelson got

Bohemian
02-08-2012, 08:37 PM
I just don't see Welker out of New England. If Manningham is offered huge money somewhere, he should definitely take it. As far as what I would like to see the Giants do with the vacant position, it would be signing another big receiver, so to compliment Nicks on the opposite side of the field. It is clear that Cruz is the slot receiver, and Jernigan could complete to become another slot-type receiver.

Steve Johnson from Buffalo, and Dwayne Bowe from Kansas City look to be good candidates if they decide not to resign with their teams. Brandon Lloyd from St. Louis is also a good one... kind of reminds me of Amani Toomer.

bLuereverie
02-08-2012, 08:52 PM

It can apparently range to from Fitzgerald to playing near minimum wage this season like D.Jackson as the Eagles No. 1 WR cause he got stuck with his rookie contract. Not to mention Nicks was playing for under $2 mil this year for the Giants?

You're seriously using rookie contracts as a reference? We're talking about being a top32 wideout, the first receiver on the depth chart. Manningham isn't that guy and he won't be paid like it. Even for a team with zero receivers. Why overpay Mario now and then have to raise the rate on one of their own drafted WRs or additional signees who is indeed a true #1.

CDN_G-FAN
02-08-2012, 08:56 PM

all over that.

Cruz has everything that manningham has and more.

smith, even with a bad knee, has better hands than any of our other receivers. at least he did last time around.

and he's cheap. we need cheap right now.

pica01
02-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Right now,we're pretty much at the cap so tough decisions are ahead.Manningham,as our # 3 will probably be too expensive to keep.?.Did Steve Smith sign a one yr deal with the Eagles?If he's a free agent I could see him returning.He's not gonna get big money.If not I expect we'll find someone in the draft or a cheap veteran.Hey,with 2 #1 type recievers like Cruz and Nicks to defend,any decent reciever should thrive as the Giants # 3.With Ballard needing surgery we'll need to find a TE.I recently read a quote from Tony Gonzalez saying that when he left KC his 1st choice was the Giants.We missed that one.Imagine him in this offense.

UmenYiourAnIdiot
02-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Hixon seemed ready to have a breakout season, twice. Curious what will happen there, if we kept Hixon I would be fine replacing Mario with him.

pica01
02-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Steve Smith is a free agent.He'll be much cheaper than Manningham and I would think the Giants will try to bring him back.Remember,before he was injured he was our #1 wideout.

gmen0820
02-08-2012, 09:32 PM
No he won't but he will get 4+ mil in my opinion and that's about 2 mil more then we should pay IMO.

NYGRealityCheck
02-08-2012, 09:32 PM

You're seriously using rookie contracts as a reference? We're talking about being a top32 wideout, the first receiver on the depth chart. Manningham isn't that guy and he won't be paid like it. Even for a team with zero receivers. Why overpay Mario now and then have to raise the rate on one of their own drafted WRs or additional signees who is indeed a true #1.

I agree that Manningham is not a sole No. 1 WR and that he plays well in a core of good WRs. The team that does think that he can be sole dependable No.1 will be dissappointed. But there are owners out there that are dumb enough to fulfill your last sentence.
I'm thinking he can get at least $3-4 million per year contract. Is it going to be No. 1 WR money? I don't know.

What do you think he'll be able to get?

gmen46
02-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Hixon seemed ready to have a breakout season, twice. Curious what will happen there, if we kept Hixon I would be fine replacing Mario with him.

After 2 consecutive seasons where he missed all but 2 games with torn up knees?

The Giants can't rely on him and they KNOW they can't rely on him. I loved his skill and attitude, but if you can't count on him being available, you cannot tie up a spot with him and risk missing on some other potential receiver.

He's gone.

Axels15
02-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Ugh, I can't believe any of you support Smith coming back.

Even if I wanted him, I have extreme doubts the Giants make him ANY offer. He more or less called Mara a liar.

That's just no good

BlueSanta
02-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Welker is a great player. But he isnt a good fit because he plays mostly in the slot. Cruz also thrives in the slot.

Besides, Welker is gonna get bigger money than MM.

pica01
02-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Yeah,Steve Smith is the guy.I'll go as far as saying that even if the money was even,affordable, which manningham won't be I'd rather have Smith.Smith,2 yrs after surgery should be healthy and He's perfect for the 3rd reciever spot.Remember,before he got hurt he was our # 1,and was the guy teams double teamed.Now,as #3 behind two #1 types like Nicks and Cruz he'd be great.Runs great routes and was Eli's security blanket.He's not gonna get a big multi-yr contract off last yr.He should be looking for a situation where he'll be productive next yr and re-establish his value on a one deal t for free agency after next yr.What a great fit.Before he got hurt,Manningham could only dream he'd ever be as good as Smith.Double teamed he caught a hundred balls.Now,he'll face single coverage from the slot.Like Welker,come 3rd down,he'd be tough to cover.Let's ask Eli.Eli,would you like to bring Steve Smith back?Eli-you bet your ************* *** i would.I'd rather have a healthy Smith over Manningham.And the Giants seem to be a perfect fit for Smith.Jerry-git er done.

gmen0820
02-08-2012, 10:04 PM
Welker is a great player. But he isnt a good fit because he plays mostly in the slot. Cruz also thrives in the slot.

Besides, Welker is gonna get bigger money than MM.
Yeah but Cruz is also a huge deep threat with incredible ball skills. He can play the outside and not have to work the middle, constantly be bracketed and threatened by a huge hit by a MIKE backer playing underneath coverage.

I personally think he's better suited outside and with constistant production coming from the slot, it only further alleviates the pressure from Cruz and Nicks on the outside.

It really is a scary proposition.

Sarcasman
02-08-2012, 10:06 PM

He'll get #2 money, which will be more than the Giants are willing to pay him.

Good on him, I wish him well. He's not a 2.

Axels15
02-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Yeah,Steve Smith is the guy.I'll go as far as saying that even if the money was even,affordable, which manningham won't be I'd rather have Smith.Smith,2 yrs after surgery should be healthy and He's perfect for the 3rd reciever spot.Remember,before he got hurt he was our # 1,and was the guy teams double teamed.Now,as #3 behind two #1 types like Nicks and Cruz he'd be great.Runs great routes and was Eli's security blanket.He's not gonna get a big multi-yr contract off last yr.He should be looking for a situation where he'll be productive next yr and re-establish his value on a one deal t for free agency after next yr.What a great fit.Before he got hurt,Manningham could only dream he'd ever be as good as Smith.Double teamed he caught a hundred balls.Now,he'll face single coverage from the slot.Like Welker,come 3rd down,he'd be tough to cover.Let's ask Eli.Eli,would you like to bring Steve Smith back?Eli-you bet your ************* *** i would.I'd rather have a healthy Smith over Manningham.And the Giants seem to be a perfect fit for Smith.Jerry-git er done.

I'm willing to bet you that if Eli was asked that question, his answer would be the exact same as it was when they asked if he wanted Plax back.

Sarcasman
02-08-2012, 10:13 PM

Man I hope so. I loved him at Michigan, and he's been my favorite GIANT since the day he got here. I really hope Reese keeps this WR corp intact.

Stay off the crack, son

Axels15
02-08-2012, 10:14 PM

Stay off the crack, son

Manningham is more physically talented, but Welker runs more precise routes and has better hands.

Sarcasman
02-08-2012, 10:16 PM

Stay off the crack, son

Manningham is more physically talented, but Welker runs more precise routes and has better hands.

Wouldn't it be easier to simply say Welker's a better receiver?

foosball
02-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Welker doesn't fit in this offense. Cruz fills his role. That's an awful idea.

Remember that pass Welker dropped? Cruz caught it in the NFC Title game. No to this. Just a dumb idea.

pica01
02-08-2012, 10:23 PM
The Giants were upset with Smith because they thought he was coming back and he blindsided them when he signed with the Eagles.I don't think there are any burnt bridges here ala Tiki.Geez,remember what Osi said about Reese not keeping his word about a new contract earlier this year?Smith still has alot of friends here,Eli foremost.Smith last yr was just business,not personal.And if business this yr makes sense,as it seems to for both parties,he'll be back.I hope so.The upside is tremendous.The alternative is that he returns to form as an Eagle.We don't want that,now,do we?

Breezely
02-08-2012, 10:27 PM
IMO:

1. Manningham's catch will make him some money somewhere.

2. I can see Cincinnati going after him. Miami? Houston?

3. I would think that his priority (after money) would be to remain a Giant. System and quarterback he's comfortable and had success with.

4. Welker? I think Welker excels with THAT quarterback and THAT system. Do I think he could do it here?. . . . YES, but so can Manningham.

5. Finally. I don't see Manningham as a #1 right now. but his catch has made him some money, somewhere.

myles2424
02-08-2012, 10:28 PM
should re-sign Steve Smith at a discount. we keep it moving, no time to back pedal & pick back up a guy pulled a ***** move by flirting with our enemies...

Axels15
02-08-2012, 10:29 PM

Stay off the crack, son

Depends on what you want. If you want a burner, I take MM.

If you want a guy who can go fearlessly over the middle and pick up the first down, you take Welker

Axels15
02-08-2012, 10:31 PM
The Giants were upset with Smith because they thought he was coming back and he blindsided them when he signed with the Eagles.I don't think there are any burnt bridges here ala Tiki.Geez,remember what Osi said about Reese not keeping his word about a new contract earlier this year?Smith still has alot of friends here,Eli foremost.Smith last yr was just business,not personal.And if business this yr makes sense,as it seems to for both parties,he'll be back.I hope so.The upside is tremendous.The alternative is that he returns to form as an Eagle.We don't want that,now,do we?

Smith called Mara a liar to the media, I don't know how often a player who does that ends up staying, or comes back.

Though Osi called Reese a liar, so who knows.

BigBlue1971
02-08-2012, 10:31 PM
those catches Manningham had in the 4th qtr of the super bowl got him some more money from whomever. i doubt he'll command #1 money. hes only a 2 at the most. he will get paid tho!</P>

hope he is back with the G-Men, if not good luck Rio!</P>

zer0t0l
02-08-2012, 10:37 PM
let Mario go. Drops too many passes. Don't even consider Smith. These guys are not Jerry Rice. Smith left. He's a year older. Don't need him anymore. I don't want (nor do the Giants) a guy coming back with his tail between his legs. DRAFT a WR.. Simple. Low pay and can learn from #1 and # 2. The way Eli distributes the ball even I could get free and catch a couple.. Put money into aTE. Then work on offensive line to improve running game.

JJC7301
02-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Welker's not leaving NE and we couldn't afford him anyway.

Don't be surprised if we draft a WR. Or give JJ a chance.

gmen0820
02-08-2012, 10:43 PM
Welker's not leaving NE and we couldn't afford him anyway.

Don't be surprised if we draft a WR. Or give JJ a chance.Give him a full offseason with Eli, it could be something special.

Jernigan has speed and big play ability he just needs guidance.

Elaxico
02-08-2012, 10:53 PM

I agree with this as well. For some reason Barden is the most intriguing to me.
Hixon will probably be #3, but should also go back to returning kicks. We haven't been good at this since he has been injured. In fact I think he is the last one to run a kick back.

Elaxico
02-08-2012, 11:06 PM
should re-sign Steve Smith at a discount. we keep it moving, no time to back pedal & pick back up a guy pulled a ***** move by flirting with our enemies...

Championships cure everything. I think Smith's talent at the price we should be able to get would trump Manningham.
I am a Michigan fan and support Manningham, but like the players say "this is a business." He is going to get offers beyond what he can imagine. He should take them because I don't see his iron getting hotter than it is now. I would like to point out Santonio Holmes. I feel he fell into this category as well after his Super Bowl tiptoe catch in the endzone.

Sarcasman
02-09-2012, 12:32 AM

Stay off the crack, son

Depends on what you want. If you want a burner, I take MM.

If you want a guy who can go fearlessly over the middle and pick up the first down, you take Welker

I want the better receiver.

I like MM but he's not in the conversation with Wes Welker.

Unless the conversation is: name all the NFL receivers whose initials are MM that Welker is better than.

BillTheGreek
02-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Eli has taken care of our passing game ,Now we have to improve our Running Game.

BillTheGreek
02-09-2012, 12:07 PM
A lot said about Manningham Dropping passes, but he held on to the one that counted.the Most !.....I say keep him and try to get Welker..also know as"The Natural" ...I would love to see Welker return punts for us.

I know everyone is going to say he cost to much , But you never know.

burier
02-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Great lets sign welker so we can have a dink and dunk offense like the Patriots have.

Get real. We play a vertical passing game meaning we need another deep threat to compliment Nicks.

Welker has no top end speed making him useless in our offense.

Ruttiger711
02-09-2012, 12:24 PM
A superbowl win with a clutch catch carries a lot of weight. I think he'll get close to #1 money and even if he getsa deal that averages #2 money, I'll bet he's able to snag a ton of it as guaranteed money. </P>

Dont forget - Gibril Wilson was able to snag a 6yr/$40 million deal (yes i know the raiders) after the 07 SB win. Probably double what he was worth. He only stayed with the raiders for one year but there was $16 million guaranteed!!! Thats gotta be impossible to turn down. </P>

bLuereverie
02-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Resigning Steve Smith would give the Giants the same effect as Welker but at an exponentially better discount.

gumby742
02-09-2012, 12:33 PM
We're not going to spend much this year. Cruz, KP next year - Tuck, Nicks, Boley, Webster the year after. Any of those guys is much more valuable then Manningham is.

ShakeNBake
02-09-2012, 12:39 PM

Stay off the crack, son

Ehh they're two different types of receivers, one being a slot guy the other being an X or Z guy. Welker shouldn't even be in the discussion because a) we have our slot receiver in Cruz and b) we don't have the money to pay him

BillTheGreek
02-09-2012, 01:14 PM
I said before and I'LLsay it again, I would love to see Welker return punts for us. And Work him into the line up .......and yes if we can afford him.

chasjay
02-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Ugh, I can't believe any of you support Smith coming back.

Even if I wanted him, I have extreme doubts the Giants make him ANY offer. He more or less called Mara a liar.

That's just no good

I would support Smith coming back if his health, our roster openings and the money all fell in place for the move.

As for Mr. Mara - if Mr. Mara can let go of whatever was or was not said, then I certainly can - I'll leave that to Mr. Mara, whichever way it is decided.

I was upset when Smith went to the Eagles, but I don't see it as a deliberate shot at the Giants. I respect that he had a chance to improve the financial outlook for his family, and I also suspect that he (mistakenly) saw the Eagles as the better route for a shot at another Super Bowl - what with all the "Dream Team" talk and all the fawning the media was doing over Philly.

If he had made any demeaning statements about the Giants or any of his Giant teammates through all this, I would feel differently - but unless I missed them, I don't think he ever said things to disrespect the G-Men.

I don't have a clue as to how Eli might feel about it. If Smith came to visit with the Giants, Eli would probably know how Coughlin and the front office felt about bringing Smith back and he would act accordingly. I feel that is why Eli didn't make time for Plax last year - he knew management didn't want Plax back, so he didn't do anything to make anyone suspect he feel differently. All of the above is strictly my opinion, of course.

flimflam
02-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Here's the thing ELi has transitioned from Barber, Finn, Shockey, Toomer, and Burress (huge targets and dynamic weapons albeit selfish) to Bradshaw, Hynoski, Ballard, Manningham, Cruz, and Nicks. That is crazy. Remember how much of a weakness our WR core was, and how Eli this still developing franchise QB had to also bring along young inexperienced WRs?

THis has been nothing short of amazing. Eli and the staff do not get the credit they deserve for this. Not to mention our O-line. Our offense was completely revamped in a few years from veterans to youngsters.

Losing Manningham would upset me because of breaking up this corps that has grow up, developed, and blossomed together.

Can't a team ever stay intact for a few years without us having to lose our homegrown talent only to create more question marks? We have enough even as SB champs.

Here is hoping to Super Mario returning at a fair price. With that said Steve Smith returning would be wonderful. We have speed and size in Cruz, and Nicks, and Steve, if healthy, while primarily a possesion guy can also catch the deep ball from Eli. Don't forget that. He has caught a few of those beautiful Eli 45 yard rainbows.

And with that being said, Robery Meacham, methink, would be the perfect fit here in NY as our #3. He is a former FR pick, and kind of a "disappointment." He is 6'2" tall and muscular. He is a speed threat and a Red Zone monster.

Some will say, he won't fare as well without Drew throwing to him. Hell, Drew distributed the ball TOO much in the NO Saints offense. I think he would be a 100 catch guy with us. Just my two cents.

Man is it going to be an exciting offseason.

My two FA pickups would be John Carlson, SEA TE, and Robert Meacham, NO WR.

NYGRealityCheck
02-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Here's the thing ELi has transitioned from Barber, Finn, Shockey, Toomer, and Burress (huge targets and dynamic weapons albeit selfish) to Bradshaw, Hynoski, Ballard, Manningham, Cruz, and Nicks. That is crazy. Remember how much of a weakness our WR core was, and how Eli this still developing franchise QB had to also bring along young inexperienced WRs?

THis has been nothing short of amazing. Eli and the staff do not get the credit they deserve for this. Not to mention our O-line. Our offense was completely revamped in a few years from veterans to youngsters.

Losing Manningham would upset me because of breaking up this corps that has grow up, developed, and blossomed together.

Can't a team ever stay intact for a few years without us having to lose our homegrown talent only to create more question marks? We have enough even as SB champs.

Here is hoping to Super Mario returning at a fair price. With that said Steve Smith returning would be wonderful. We have speed and size in Cruz, and Nicks, and Steve, if healthy, while primarily a possesion guy can also catch the deep ball from Eli. Don't forget that. He has caught a few of those beautiful Eli 45 yard rainbows.

And with that being said, Robery Meacham, methink, would be the perfect fit here in NY as our #3. He is a former FR pick, and kind of a "disappointment." He is 6'2" tall and muscular. He is a speed threat and a Red Zone monster.

Some will say, he won't fare as well without Drew throwing to him. Hell, Drew distributed the ball TOO much in the NO Saints offense. I think he would be a 100 catch guy with us. Just my two cents.

Man is it going to be an exciting offseason.

My two FA pickups would be John Carlson, SEA TE, and Robert Meacham, NO WR.

John Carlson is damaged goods after missing out the 2011 season with a shoulder injury.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/8/30/2394632/john-carlson-injury-seattle-seahawks

Earlier this season, there was a lot of talk/interest here in getting him by a trade with the Seahawks after Boss left for the Raiders.
As it turns out...he was out for the season shortly after.
Glad that didn't go through. That woulda sucked.

pica01
02-14-2012, 02:05 PM
You think Eli,if asked if he wanted Smith back would give the same answer as far as Plax returning?Really?Plax was a pain in the ***,who sulked and complained when he didn't get the ball.As good as Eli to Nicks and Cruz was this year,before he got hurt,Eli to Smith seemed to me to be something special as far as trust and Eli's go to guy.Smith runs precise routes and even doubled,Eli always looked for him.Unlike Plax then,and actually Manningham now,Eli and Smith always seemed to be on the same page.I think Eli would welcome Smith back.Especially on 3rd down with single coverage.Welker?we can't afford Manningham.What are you guys smoking?Can I have some?