PDA

View Full Version : GILBRIDE SUCKS!!!!!!

BigBlue1313
02-08-2012, 07:24 PM
HERES THE DEAL....

I think Eli is as good as gilbride will let him be. If gilbride ( who i absolutely despise) decides to let him throw the ball quarters 1-3 like he does in the 4th quarter to come from behind... then he wouldn't have to be superman come-back kid eli.. he would just be the #1 qb in the league, neck and neck with rodgers. I have been an avid giants fan for a long time and i know the team inside out. Let me tell you something man, this kid ELI is great, they just need to give him more freedom with the offense.. if they let him throw in a spread offense like they let brady, peyton and rodgers do.. there is absolutely no limit to things he can do. Most of the time the giants unsuccessfully run the ball all year on 1st/2nd down ( LIKE THEY DO EVERY YEAR) in predictable giant fashion and bury eli 3rd and 6 to have to make a Houdini throw to get the first down...Same deal when we get into the redone, CONSERVATIVE BULL****. LET THE KID THROW! HE IS AN ELITE QB! STOP TREATING HIM LIKE MARK SANCHEZ! If we threw to open the running game, we will be a SCARY SCARY football team for years to come and eli won't have to bail us out in the 4th quarter throwing every down, even with the defense knowing that its coming (nevertheless helpless against him)... there is a reason that scenario kept playing itself out over and over, BECAUSE UNTIL LATE IN THE GAME, THEY DONT LET ELI RUN THE OFFENSE! He is a top 3 qb, TREAT HIM LIKE ONE! If we do so, he will shatter every record in the damn books.

Mod_N
02-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Only took 3 days til we complained about our OC.

Axels15
02-08-2012, 07:27 PM
^LOL

Plus, wall of text

Jeez, dude, add some spaces

GmenFan1980
02-08-2012, 07:28 PM
The more things change the more they stay the same

Firenugget
02-08-2012, 07:32 PM
HOLY CRAP.

I was expecting a joke here...Someone is out of touch with reality.

miken609
02-08-2012, 07:33 PM
^LOL

Plus, wall of text

Jeez, dude, add some spaces

Lawl..
"wall of text" --good one

02-08-2012, 07:37 PM
For first time I feel that Gilbride did an outstanding job. How the #$@% could you not agree

calzonesays
02-08-2012, 07:39 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4PLWF6kqktT3oRsoRK3tDsjjqYnqEc gizBu6xEsUa_NQL6v0GgHZxj7sp

G-Men4Supes
02-08-2012, 07:41 PM
Criticising Gilbride on the heels of the 2nd SB the Giants have won with him as OC is probably ill-timed. In addition, as I look back on the recent failures of the team (playoff loss to the Eagles to end the 2008 season, team collapses mostly due to the defense imploding in 2009 and 2010), it doesn't look like Gilbride has been the chief problem. I would put most of the blame for the Eagles loss on Eli, who simply had a very poor game throwing in the wind that day. The Giants rely on Eli a lot like the Yankees rely on Mariano. If these key men have a bad day, the team is in big trouble.

As far as calling for the Giants to throw more often, if you had the percentage of throws per down versus other successful offenses, that would add something to your argument. Not saying that we shouldn't criticize Gilbride, but this is probably not the best time. That said, I admit I let out a blue streak of invective a few times during this postseason after another ill-timed Gilbride draw play.

krygny
02-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Rather than resurrecting a 6-week old "Kildrive" thread (which most people are ashamed to be a part of), this guy waits 'til the Giants (with Gilbride) win their second Super Bowl in 5 years and registers to start his own, as a first post.

FBomb
02-08-2012, 08:01 PM
HERES THE DEAL.... I think Eli is as good as gilbride will let him be. If gilbride ( who i absolutely despise) decides to let him throw the ball quarters 1-3 like he does in the 4th quarter to come from behind... then he wouldn't have to be superman come-back kid eli.. he would just be the #1 qb in the league, neck and neck with rodgers. I have been an avid giants fan for a long time and i know the team inside out. Let me tell you something man, this kid ELI is great, they just need to give him more freedom with the offense.. if they let him throw in a spread offense like they let brady, peyton and rodgers do.. there is absolutely no limit to things he can do. Most of the time the giants unsuccessfully run the ball all year on 1st/2nd down ( LIKE THEY DO EVERY YEAR) in predictable giant fashion and bury eli 3rd and 6 to have to make a Houdini throw to get the first down...Same deal when we get into the redone, CONSERVATIVE BULL****. LET THE KID THROW! HE IS AN ELITE QB! STOP TREATING HIM LIKE MARK SANCHEZ! If we threw to open the running game, we will be a SCARY SCARY football team for years to come and eli won't have to bail us out in the 4th quarter throwing every down, even with the defense knowing that its coming (nevertheless helpless against him)... there is a reason that scenario kept playing itself out over and over, BECAUSE UNTIL LATE IN THE GAME, THEY DONT LET ELI RUN THE OFFENSE! He is a top 3 qb, TREAT HIM LIKE ONE! If we do so, he will shatter every record in the damn books.</P>

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGHy7Cc9-AXDsJnLj3qZ_JR63lOsxh6Sf_o3zamNUtG4cKcDB9</P>

RoanokeFan
02-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Only took 3 days til we complained about our OC.

Small correction required. A few brain surgeons were calling for his head during the Super Bowl in the Game Day Thread.

CDN_G-FAN
02-08-2012, 08:13 PM
first post.

and right after a superbowl.

Gilbride sucks.

Complete troll.

TroyArcher
02-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Is this a joke?

Voldamort
02-08-2012, 08:22 PM
DON'T FEED THE TROLL

Big Blue 418
02-08-2012, 08:34 PM
He is probably our next hc once Coughlin retires assuming he don't get an offer before that

BK07071
02-08-2012, 11:00 PM
HERES THE DEAL....

I think Eli is as good as gilbride will let him be. If gilbride ( who i absolutely despise) decides to let him throw the ball quarters 1-3 like he does in the 4th quarter to come from behind... then he wouldn't have to be superman come-back kid eli.. he would just be the #1 qb in the league, neck and neck with rodgers. I have been an avid giants fan for a long time and i know the team inside out. Let me tell you something man, this kid ELI is great, they just need to give him more freedom with the offense.. if they let him throw in a spread offense like they let brady, peyton and rodgers do.. there is absolutely no limit to things he can do. Most of the time the giants unsuccessfully run the ball all year on 1st/2nd down ( LIKE THEY DO EVERY YEAR) in predictable giant fashion and bury eli 3rd and 6 to have to make a Houdini throw to get the first down...Same deal when we get into the redone, CONSERVATIVE BULL****. LET THE KID THROW! HE IS AN ELITE QB! STOP TREATING HIM LIKE MARK SANCHEZ! If we threw to open the running game, we will be a SCARY SCARY football team for years to come and eli won't have to bail us out in the 4th quarter throwing every down, even with the defense knowing that its coming (nevertheless helpless against him)... there is a reason that scenario kept playing itself out over and over, BECAUSE UNTIL LATE IN THE GAME, THEY DONT LET ELI RUN THE OFFENSE! He is a top 3 qb, TREAT HIM LIKE ONE! If we do so, he will shatter every record in the damn books.

You must have been dropped on your head at an early age because you definitely don't have any brains to reason with........,hey numbnuts....this is the second Super Bowl that Gilbride's offensive calls won for us !!!!! Take your head out of your butt and smell the roses instead of your a**.

G-Man67
02-08-2012, 11:06 PM
ha this would be awesome if it was actually a fan, but cleary a troll ...

BigBlue1313
02-09-2012, 03:49 PM
HERES THE DEAL....

You must have been dropped on your head at an early age because you definitely don't have any brains to reason with........,hey numbnuts....this is the second Super Bowl that Gilbride's offensive calls won for us !!!!! Take your head out of your butt and smell the roses instead of your a**.

I am a true giant fan , and a true fan of football. Let me correct you, the giants defense won the first Super Bowl, and eli mannings heroics bailed us out to win the second.. gilbride didn't chalk up tyree to catch a pass off his helmet... gilbride didn thane much to do with any of these wins.. people are ignorant and only see the plain things like the Super Bowl but don't look at the forces that are actually at work and dare to question why eli has had to come back from behind in all these games. if gilbride would simply let eli throw the ball freely in the first three quarters we would be the best team in the league every year, as long as the D stays solid....

sc_markt
02-09-2012, 05:31 PM
HERES THE DEAL....

We got two Super Bowl wins under Gilbride in the last 4 years. As far as I'm concerned, he's a damn good OC. (A few months ago, I wasn't that keen on him).

Bigg Bluee
02-09-2012, 05:34 PM
It's kinda true though. We COULD be the saints and win 12-14 games if we let eli take the reigns. I hate to admit it, but we're not a running team anymore. With our QB and receivers, we could be the best passing team in the NFL.

mitchmac
02-09-2012, 05:38 PM
HERES THE DEAL.... I think Eli is as good as gilbride will let him be. If gilbride ( who i absolutely despise) decides to let him throw the ball quarters 1-3 like he does in the 4th quarter to come from behind... then he wouldn't have to be superman come-back kid eli.. he would just be the #1 qb in the league, neck and neck with rodgers. I have been an avid giants fan for a long time and i know the team inside out. Let me tell you something man, this kid ELI is great, they just need to give him more freedom with the offense.. if they let him throw in a spread offense like they let brady, peyton and rodgers do.. there is absolutely no limit to things he can do. Most of the time the giants unsuccessfully run the ball all year on 1st/2nd down ( LIKE THEY DO EVERY YEAR) in predictable giant fashion and bury eli 3rd and 6 to have to make a Houdini throw to get the first down...Same deal when we get into the redone, CONSERVATIVE BULL****. LET THE KID THROW! HE IS AN ELITE QB! STOP TREATING HIM LIKE MARK SANCHEZ! If we threw to open the running game, we will be a SCARY SCARY football team for years to come and eli won't have to bail us out in the 4th quarter throwing every down, even with the defense knowing that its coming (nevertheless helpless against him)... there is a reason that scenario kept playing itself out over and over, BECAUSE UNTIL LATE IN THE GAME, THEY DONT LET ELI RUN THE OFFENSE! He is a top 3 qb, TREAT HIM LIKE ONE! If we do so, he will shatter every record in the damn books.

I am a true giant fan , and a true fan of football. Let me correct you, the giants defense won the first Super Bowl, and eli mannings heroics bailed us out to win the second.. gilbride didn't chalk up tyree to catch a pass off his helmet... gilbride didn thane much to do with any of these wins.. people are ignorant and only see the plain things like the Super Bowl but don't look at the forces that are actually at work and dare to question why eli has had to come back from behind in all these games. if gilbride would simply let eli throw the ball freely in the first three quarters we would be the best team in the league every year, as long as the D stays solid....</P>

</P>

This guys gonna run back to his Jet forum, or whatever, and post about how all the ridiculous Giant fans are calling for Gilbride's head 4 days after a Super Bowl win. What a tool.</P>

Giantsin04
02-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Your plan is to play more like the teams we just worked to win the superbowl?

sideline sneek
02-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Please tell us........... whowould youlike to be his replacement??????

RedskinHater
02-09-2012, 08:32 PM
UNREAL ! Is there a way to have a minimum IQ level
of around 70 before posting. ? That, and some common
sense would make this board much more enjoyable. !

BK07071
02-11-2012, 04:27 PM
HERES THE DEAL....

I am a true giant fan , and a true fan of football. Let me correct you, the giants defense won the first Super Bowl, and eli mannings heroics bailed us out to win the second.. gilbride didn't chalk up tyree to catch a pass off his helmet... gilbride didn thane much to do with any of these wins.. people are ignorant and only see the plain things like the Super Bowl but don't look at the forces that are actually at work and dare to question why eli has had to come back from behind in all these games. if gilbride would simply let eli throw the ball freely in the first three quarters we would be the best team in the league every year, as long as the D stays solid....

It was the defense that won the first Super Bowl ????? Did the defense score all the points or was it the offense and the passing plays and running plays that got us the touch downs! I don't recall any defensive touch downs during the that Super Bowl? Who called the plays that Eli used? Was it Spags or Gilbride? Yes Spags defense held Brady in check but it was Eli and the offense that put the points on the board and not the defense. So don't give me that crap about the defense won the game. Read the previous sentence and you'll know what the defense did but give credit where credit is due. Who was the MVP of that game....do you remember??? Was he a defensive player????

Diamondring
02-11-2012, 04:32 PM
It is funny that the Pat's Offense only scored 17 points and some poster gets on our OC.

Diamondring
02-11-2012, 04:34 PM
HERES THE DEAL....

It was the defense that won the first Super Bowl ????? Did the defense score all the points or was it the offense and the passing plays and running plays that got us the touch downs! I don't recall any defensive touch downs during the that Super Bowl? Who called the plays that Eli used? Was it Spags or Gilbride? Yes Spags defense held Brady in check but it was Eli and the offense that put the points on the board and not the defense. So don't give me that crap about the defense won the game. Read the previous sentence and you'll know what the defense did but give credit where credit is due. Who was the MVP of that game....do you remember??? Was he a defensive player????
It is funny how some people put Tuck as the MVP when Tuck had Osi and Strahan working with him that maybe gave him more one on one matchups. Then we look at Eli and he really had Burress who wasn't 100 percent and some no big name players.

Tuckit91
02-11-2012, 04:44 PM
<FONT color=#0000ff size=6>WE JUST WON THE FRIGGIN SUPER BOWL......<FONT color=#006400>YOU FAIL!!!</FONT></FONT>

nhpgiantsfan
02-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Worst part is. He is so wrong. He says let him throw. We were totally a passing offense this year. I actually think we led the league in passing plays over 25 yards. And we probably threw the ball more times than any team in Giants history. Guy has no idea what he is talking about.

Voldamort
02-11-2012, 07:57 PM
leave the guy alone two rings

allentown PA
02-11-2012, 08:02 PM
HERES THE DEAL....

lol..un ****ing real

Diamondring
02-11-2012, 08:10 PM
It can't be suck as an OC because if that was true, Giants wouldn't even win the Superbowl

DandyDon
02-12-2012, 12:21 AM
Criticising Gilbride on the heels of the 2nd SB the Giants have won with him as OC is probably ill-timed.*

Ya think?

Bohemian
02-12-2012, 12:41 AM
As much as I appreciate good criticism, this whole topic is ridiculous. Gilbride's offense is the last thing that needs fixing with the team. We can talk about the OLine, TEs, or even the RBs... but the offensive system and philosophy is what allowed the team to overcome all of the injuries and problems introduced by a defense that could not find its feet for most of the regular season.

Go Blue!

reidda730
02-12-2012, 12:46 AM
Sorry Can't hear you over the sound of winning my second Super bowl in 5 years

http://i.imgur.com/8DtMS.jpg

Joe Morrison
02-12-2012, 12:48 AM
As much as I appreciate good criticism, this whole topic is ridiculous. Gilbride's offense is the last thing that needs fixing with the team. We can talk about the OLine, TEs, or even the RBs... but the offensive system and philosophy is what allowed the team to overcome all of the injuries and problems introduced by a defense that could not find its feet for most of the regular season.

Go Blue!
</P>

2 Super Bowls in 4 years, top 5 in scoring every year, frustrating to watch, but the #'s prove us all wrong, he has been able to make Eli shine when the chips have been against him. Yes that's right, he makes the game plan and Eli understands it and can execute it with great success.</P>

Tony Bruno
02-12-2012, 01:05 AM
Eli has already stated that he calls a lot of the plays based on what the d is doing.. He and KG are on the same page... We are SB champs not once but twice with kg and Eli... Enjoy it!!! Get used to kg bad Eli... Your gunna see them together for a long time

calzonesays
02-12-2012, 01:20 AM
Time to retire the "Kevin Killdrive" nickname if anyone still uses it. He called some great games down the stretch he didn't abandon the run like other OCs did for no reason. Thought he got a tad conservative in the 2nd half of the SB but it was still a very balanced game and it ended up being enough.

giantsfan420
02-12-2012, 04:11 AM
i thought kg did a great job. we had a pretty abysmal OL and that effected everything. lack of run game, lack of time to pass...if anything it was the genius of eli and kg to overcome a lot of the issues on both sides of the ball.

although, kg admits that in the start of games he doesnt get into his game plan, he calls vanilla plays to see what the d is doing and to get a feel for it, then adapt his play calls to that...we seem to start out slow more times than not and i kinda hate that.

alot of the great play callers have a script of the first 15-20 plays and destroy defenses from jump street. only complaint i have of him lately

Diamondring
02-12-2012, 05:19 AM
Sorry Can't hear you over the sound of winning my second Super bowl in 5 years

http://i.imgur.com/8DtMS.jpgYou're right about that. I am tired of the posts about Kevin being a no good OC and it is time to stop with the lies. I can see that the Giants won one Superbowl with him but two? Come on man that is better than some of the OC's you like haters.

arrjay
02-12-2012, 06:05 AM
HERES THE DEAL....

... you sir are mentally challenged.....

Tommy3rd
02-12-2012, 09:09 AM
even if he does suck (which i think he does sometimes), I'm giving him another pass for a few years. According to Eli, Gilbride calls the plays...so, he can't be that bad if he won us 2 superbowls.

myles2424
02-12-2012, 02:13 PM
I'm not sure why digging up this thread was necessary.....
It was ELi & the offense that got us here......
Gilbride had many questionable calls even all the way into the superbowl........
Gilbride oughta be thankful for Eli, not the other way around....