PDA

View Full Version : Bill Simmons/Cousin Sal podcast and Eli article up on Grantland...

G-Men4Supes
02-08-2012, 06:46 PM
...lots of entertaining whining from two guys who hate the Giants. Go to "B.S. Report" at the bottom for the podcast:

http://www.grantland.com/

jjj45
02-16-2012, 03:56 PM
I don't really mind Simmons. He's pretty objective in his analysis. And as much heartbreak that he has suffered at the hand of the Giants, he still respects them.

Cousin sal (cowboy fan) on the other hand is just a pure hater. I loved it as every week he would say how much he hates the Giants and they would keep on winning. You could hear the pain in his voice after they would win. It was great. Kept saying how we were the luckiest team in the NFL. What a whiner.

G-Men4Supes
02-16-2012, 05:50 PM
I listen to Simmons all the time. He's entertaining and pretty knowledgeable. He's also an amazing content machine, churning out long articles on a routine basis. Cousin Sal has always hated the Giants, but this run (especially because it involved killing the Cowboys' season in the finale) has made it worse. Simmons has also said the Giants are no. 1 on his hate list now. The angst makes for easy listening.

LondonGman
02-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Simmons is consistently excellent and balanced particularly when it comes to basketball. On NFL, for me, he can still be very one-eyed, pro-Pats and. intellectually, incredibly inconsistent. A great example of this was pre AFC and NFC championship weekends.

His pre-match lines were "baltimore are garbage - this will be easy and Flacco will stink it up" and "all patriots want giants - this season has us written all over it".

After that weekend you could smell the fear that the Pats might not get away from a quality defence - which to me was absolutely evident from their padded soft schedule (and to his credit Cousin Sal had said after the Packers divisional game that Bill and other pats fans - if they got their wish for a superbowl rematch - would be sitting in the middle of the fourth quarter at 14-14 saying "where are all the points in this game?".)

Cousin Sal is great, his whining and contorting a constant Tuesday morning comfort here in the UK. But for his Giants blindspot I also think he's very astute/cute in his views and doesnt shift so much on the basis of one result. Either way, a decent podcast.