PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Phillips update

Bones911
12-04-2011, 11:50 PM
per PFT:

Kenny Phillips expected to miss “a few weeks” with MCL sprain

Posted by Mike Florio on December 4, 2011, 7:24 PM EST
Regardless of whether the Giants win or lose their game against the Packers, they’ve lost safety Kenny Phillips, at least for the foreseeable future.

Per a league source, Phillips is expected to miss “a few weeks” with a sprained MCL suffered as Packers tight end Jermichael Finley fell onto Phillips’ leg.

More testing undoubtedly will occur to determine the severity of the injury. A knee sprain consists of a tearing of the ligament, and for the rope-like MCL the degree of the sprain is critical. For a low-grade sprain, the ligament will heal on its own with rest. For a more severe sprain, surgery is needed.

GiantFanatic55
12-04-2011, 11:52 PM
per PFT:

Regardless of whether the Giants win or lose their game against the Packers, they’ve lost safety Kenny Phillips, at least for the foreseeable future.

Per a league source, Phillips is expected to miss “a few weeks” with a sprained MCL suffered as Packers tight end Jermichael Finley fell onto Phillips’ leg.

More testing undoubtedly will occur to determine the severity of the injury. A knee sprain consists of a tearing of the ligament, and for the rope-like MCL the degree of the sprain is critical. For a low-grade sprain, the ligament will heal on its own with rest. For a more severe sprain, surgery is needed.

Hopefully it's not the same knee that required micro-fracture surgery

I Bleed Blue 56
12-04-2011, 11:54 PM
This team is so injury prone every year. This is a recurring theme with the giants just crappy luck.

harrycarson
12-04-2011, 11:57 PM
Hope Kenny gets better, hate to see injuries. I begin to think this will be a huge blow to our defense but then I thought (yes this is in bad taste) WHAT FRIGGIN DEFENSE, CANT GET ANY WORSE!!!!!!!!

dillyyo1972
12-04-2011, 11:59 PM
Lets hope the MRIs don't show any meniscal tears or significant MCL tear. With the way he was was walking on it I'm scratching grade I off the list and hoping for a very low grade II. We are just decimated this year.

dillyyo1972
12-05-2011, 12:00 AM
per PFT:

It's the left this time and IIRC it was the left that required the surgery.

KidA
12-05-2011, 12:01 AM

Bones911
12-05-2011, 12:02 AM
per PFT:

It's the left this time and IIRC it was the left that required the surgery.*

Great I'm just praying nothings torn. Otherwise it may be TYLER SASH TIME!