PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Thomas Contract Update

Overdrive92
02-08-2012, 08:12 PM
T2, who is a free agent this season, was on the radio talking about his contract issue.

He said his agent and the Giants are in talks now, and are "on the same page". He said he really wants to be back with the Giants and hopes they feel the same way. By the tone of his voice, he sounded like things were going to get done. But he did say that "nothing is official until the ink hits the paper".

T2 may be back after all.

Redeyejedi
02-08-2012, 08:14 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/12745/terrell-thomas-has-been-in-talks-with-giants

bLuereverie
02-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Can they resign him now? Or can they only agree in principal before free agency officially starts.

Firenugget
02-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Can they resign him now? Or can they only agree in principal before free agent officially starts.

Pretty sure they can resign him now. I'm not sure what the date is before he actually becomes a FA to begin with.

CDN_G-FAN
02-08-2012, 08:22 PM
so i would think this means ross is gone next year.

Eli TO Shockey
02-08-2012, 08:24 PM

yea seems that way. Thats too bad, he really came around. Hope he gets paid somewhere.

NWKEffectElement
02-08-2012, 08:30 PM
YEAHHHHH!!!!!

NWKEffectElement
02-08-2012, 08:35 PM

Not necessarily. They may sign TT to a one-year prove it deal and sign Ross to a 2 year Kiwi type deal.

jomo
02-08-2012, 08:41 PM
T2, who is a free agent this season, was on the radio talking about his contract issue. He said his agent and the Giants are in talks now, and are "on the same page". He said he really wants to be back with the Giants and hopes they feel the same way. By the tone of his voice, he sounded like things were going to get done. But he did say that "nothing is official until the ink hits the paper". T2 may be back after all.On the positive side, we get him much cheaper than we would have. On the negative side, he's coming off his second acl surgery. This game is cold and it is a shame that great guys like TT get punished financially after such an incident. There is no answer for it but it is a shame. The best case is for an incentive ladened contract which he is able to maximize due to stellar play. Go Blue!!

CDN_G-FAN
02-08-2012, 08:47 PM

Not necessarily. They may sign TT to a one-year prove it deal and sign Ross to a 2 year Kiwi type deal.

why would ross accept a 2 year deal?

he's got 2 rings, we'll probably get a home town discount but i would thing he could get a fat 4-5 year deal in a number of franchises.

i don't think he would accept a 2 year deal from us because our cap is tight.

Giants10Joe
02-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Can they resign him now? Or can they only agree in principal before free agency officially starts.

They can resign him now. Because he's still under contract with the Giants it's like giving him a contract extension. They have the exclusive rights to negotiate with him until free agency officially starts.

This is great news. If TT can come back and play at the level he played last year, Webster plays the way he did this year, and Prince continues to improve like he did the last few games of the season then we'll be pretty solid at cornerback next year.

If we can get Ross back for a reasonable deal, that would be great. Then we will have a solid corner if TT isn't the same or one of the other guys goes down. Plus, with 4 potential starters on the roster they'll always be someone pushing for the starting job and no one will get comfortable and will have to always keep improving.

NWKEffectElement
02-08-2012, 09:50 PM

he's got 2 rings, we'll probably get a home town discount but i would thing he could get a fat 4-5 year deal in a number of franchises.

The market for him will be tough because he is 30.

Axels15
02-08-2012, 10:00 PM

The market for him will be tough because he is 30.

And, aside from this year, thank god, he has been injury prone. That won't get overlooked

Sundown
02-08-2012, 10:12 PM
He just might retire, it's crossed his mind once....

Axels15
02-08-2012, 10:13 PM
He just might retire, it's crossed his mind once....

That was during his injury years, though. He was depressed. Doubt he is now

NYCDBS
02-08-2012, 10:20 PM
Outside of the last superbowl year Ross's stock has never been higher... I fully expect him to leave and get the most money he can before he retires...

gmen0820
02-08-2012, 10:39 PM
It's a risk, but with the ACL, he should return to full strength by week 14, which is nice if we can get going on a run and get hot around that time again.

My main concern lies with the overall health of his knee, which has been fragile since USC.

myles2424
02-08-2012, 10:42 PM
They'll handle his situation the way they did Kiwi 1-2 deal, let him reestablish himself & hit the market without being a straight off IR FA.....