PDA

View Full Version : JETS Congratulate Giants

Overdrive92
02-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Well well well! The New York JEST bought out a whole page ad in today's paper to personally congratulate the Giants on winning a championship.

https://p.twimg.com/AlK4V7jCQAAin3v.jpg

Overdrive92
02-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Well well well! The New York JEST bought out a whole page ad in today's paper to personally congratulate the Giants on winning a championship.

https://p.twimg.com/AlK4V7jCQAAin3v.jpg

Voldamort
02-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Wow what paper?

NYGRealityCheck
02-08-2012, 08:37 PM
We know whose house it is. -Tuck :)

TroyArcher
02-08-2012, 08:38 PM
First classy thing the Jets have done in quite some time. Perhaps they are turning over a new leaf. I doubt it.

Bing Crosby
02-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Always nice to see little brother supporting us :-p.

RoanokeFan
02-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Actually, Woody Johnson was one of the first to publicly congratulate the GIANTS.

Overdrive92
02-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Wow what paper?

The parade edition of the NY Daily News.

SweetZombieJesus
02-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Please, it's a transparent attempt to gain the "spotlight" they crave when the Giants are at their absolute blinding peak.

MEEEEE MEEEEEE MEEEEE Look at me, dad, dad, dad, look at me, dad, you're not looking, look at me, look at me, look, dad you're not looking look look

SackingMyths
02-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Please, it's a transparent attempt to gain the "spotlight" they crave when the Giants are at their absolute blinding peak.

MEEEEE MEEEEEE MEEEEE Look at me, dad, dad, dad, look at me, dad, you're not looking, look at me, look at me, look, dad you're not looking look look

Gosh, I hate to look at it that way. But that's also how I saw it, nonetheless.

logan9839
02-08-2012, 09:15 PM

I don't agree, we should assume it is from the heart. Keep in mind both teams have to work together, there is some relationship there.

FDNY Fitzy
02-08-2012, 09:25 PM
Even when we win a Super Bowl they have to try to bring attention to themselves by stamping their label on everything.

Could this be any more of a plea for attention? "We're still here, remember!"

MikeSherrard
02-08-2012, 09:26 PM
good PR move for the JETS since their organization looks like immature ameaturs from the top down!

SackingMyths
02-08-2012, 09:26 PM

I don't agree, we should assume it is from the heart. Keep in mind both teams have to work together, there is some relationship there.

Sorry, this isn't some blind hatred of the Jets. This is the same owner who cried non-stop over who got the first game in the new stadium, and has clear inferiority issues.

Benefit of the doubt? I think not.

jomo
02-08-2012, 09:28 PM

Sorry, this isn't some blind hatred of the Jets. This is the same owner who cried non-stop over who got the first game in the new stadium, and has clear inferiority issues.

Are these the guys who covered up our Super Bowl banners before our game on 12/24 or were those the other Jets? PLEASE!!

SackingMyths
02-08-2012, 09:44 PM

Are these the guys who covered up our Super Bowl banners before our game on 12/24 or were those the other Jets? PLEASE!!

Precisely...teams and owners who respect "the relationship" don't go to those lengths. Completely disrespectful, and unfortunately, didn't register the slightest surprise.

FBomb
02-08-2012, 09:47 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfaXNU2_80Q8DAyDc_J9o87A3PNeTcA cwHpopH95WuT1tRhgPweA</P>

"We're sorry."</P>

jomo
02-08-2012, 09:49 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfaXNU2_80Q8DAyDc_J9o87A3PNeTcA cwHpopH95WuT1tRhgPweA</P>

"We're sorry."</P>l'il bro' lol

redbeardxxv
02-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Even when we win a Super Bowl they have to try to bring attention to themselves by stamping their label on everything.

Could this be any more of a plea for attention? "We're still here, remember!"

Thought it was a classy move until i realized the dig.....Had the Jets logo been printed smaller than the "NY", I could argue it was a classy move, but look at the size of the Jets logo by comparison... This was just an attempt to stamp their name on our championship. Pathetic.

Toadofsteel
02-08-2012, 10:18 PM
They look about the same size, and the giants logo is above the jets one. I'm not saying it's a classy move outright, but as a fan of both teams (I like both, but I despise rex ryan) i'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

giantsfan420
02-08-2012, 10:25 PM

Are these the guys who covered up our Super Bowl banners before our game on 12/24 or were those the other Jets? *PLEASE!!

Precisely...teams and owners who respect "the relationship" don't go to those lengths. Completely disrespectful, and unfortunately, didn't register the slightest surprise.

well, not saying i disagree with u, but the only time to my knowledge they covered our trophies us up was vs us. still kinda lame but i can understand why they'd want to do that. especially rex ryan. like a motivational tool to be like "we're home. this is our stadium for this game" kinda thing.

although, i still think its lame they had their logo be the last piece of info on the ad. it was like them giving their team the last word on our championship. there had to be other ways to go about congratulating us but this is the least trashy thing the jets have done to us so i cant hate that much on it.

giantsfan420
02-08-2012, 10:25 PM
plus im positive the jets and rex ryan especially hate the patriots. remember when we won week 9 he said he owe'd us one...

ibbill
02-08-2012, 10:31 PM
Nice to have our FARM team support us.

SackingMyths
02-08-2012, 10:51 PM

well, not saying i disagree with u, but the only time to my knowledge they covered our trophies us up was vs us. still kinda lame but i can understand why they'd want to do that. especially rex ryan. like a motivational tool to be like "we're home. this is our stadium for this game" kinda thing.

although, i still think its lame they had their logo be the last piece of info on the ad. it was like them giving their team the last word on our championship. there had to be other ways to go about congratulating us but this is the least trashy thing the jets have done to us so i cant hate that much on it.

I get what you're saying. But I'm just going by total body-of-work and character (or lack thereof), and both of those items tell me that this PR ploy is far from genuine. Woody's an attention *****. His last name might as well be Kardashian.

And let's not forget that if the situations were flipped around, which thankfully they are NOT, under no circumstance could I see our team owners and HC authorizing a classless move like the Jests pulled in our Wk 16 matchup. We would never cover up their one widdle twophy.

Add in the crapola of all of the unprovoked shots that Rex took at the Giants in his little coloring book, "Eat Like You're Famished," and I just don't put any stock in what these sideshow, bobos think about anything...

egyptian420
02-08-2012, 10:55 PM
Lol, never underestimate their hate for the Pats