PDA

View Full Version : The fact that we are even arguing Eli and HOF.........

MikeSherrard
02-08-2012, 09:30 PM
...is just friggin awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FBomb
02-08-2012, 09:34 PM
It may be a tad premature but he is certainly on the right track.

JDE123
02-08-2012, 10:24 PM
You can't spell "elite" without "Eli."

Other words you can't spell without "Eli" include "caramelized" and "chandelier"...

It is very cool to see him establish himself considering what it must have been like growing up in the shadow of Peyton. I have older siblings and I always hated it when teachers or strangers had preconceived notions of me based on my brothers and sister. I can't imagine what it would have been like if I played football, and was a quarterback, and every step of the way I was expected to live up to that standard. Not to mention playing in the Big Apple (although he brought that on himself).

Much like Rodgers replacing Favre: it's an almost un-winnable situation in which these guys have somehow managed to succeed.

Axels15
02-08-2012, 10:25 PM
One thing that concerns me for the future with that is he has been much maligned early in his career (Deserved or not, and I lean toward the latter)

I wonder if the voters can overcome those early feelings..

egyptian420
02-08-2012, 10:32 PM
It may be a tad premature but he is certainly on the right track.
+1....I wouldn't call him a future HOFer just yet (even though he's more deserving of it than Namath based on pure skill, but that's another stroy)

This year was definitely an elite year for him and he sustains this level of play, he Definitely would be in the conversation.