PDA

View Full Version : Jets keep Santanio Holmes

Giants10Joe
02-08-2012, 10:44 PM
In fact, they gave him a $7.5 million bonus. I can't see this working out well. The way I see it, Holmes and Sanchez can't coexist. By keeping Holmes, I think the Jets are signaling that they will pursue a QB this off season, probably Peyton. When they inevitably fail at signing him, they will be saddled with a a disgruntled WR who hates his QB and a disgruntled QB who is unhappy that the team tried to replace him. Which means that the Jets will either be stuck a terrible locker room or have to try to get another FA QB (none of whom are clearly better than Sanchez other than Peyton) or trade up in the draft to get another one.

THE_New_York_Giants
02-09-2012, 01:45 AM
In fact, they gave him a $7.5 million bonus. I can't see this working out well. The way I see it, Holmes and Sanchez can't coexist. By keeping Holmes, I think the Jets are signaling that they will pursue a QB this off season, probably Peyton. When they inevitably fail at signing him, they will be saddled with a a disgruntled WR who hates his QB and a disgruntled QB who is unhappy that the team tried to replace him. Which means that the Jets will either be stuck a terrible locker room or have to try to get another FA QB (none of whom are clearly better than Sanchez other than Peyton) or trade up in the draft to get another one.

Josh McCown is better than Sanchez... Hell, Tommy Maddox was better than Sanchez.

ELIteManning
02-09-2012, 01:55 AM
15+ million guaranteed is a ton to spend on a guy who has only caught more than 55 balls in season once his whole career. Crazy.

bLuereverie
02-09-2012, 08:23 AM
Of course they're keeping Holmes. Cutting him would result in more than $12mil in dead money.

nygsb42champs
02-09-2012, 09:15 AM
That is that there problem..not ours

CTLadyBlue
02-09-2012, 09:19 AM
And the Jets continue with their demise for yet another season.

gumby742
02-09-2012, 09:43 AM
Josh McCown is better than Sanchez... Hell, Tommy Maddox was better than Sanchez. </P>

</P>

To be fair, Sanchez is only in his 3rd year.</P>

GameTime
02-09-2012, 09:48 AM
Josh McCown is better than Sanchez... Hell, Tommy Maddox was better than Sanchez. </P>

</P>

</P>

exactly...</P>

Holmes is to Sanchez what Shockey was to Eli...]</P>

bad in the huddle ........unless Holmes has 180 degree change in attitude he will hurt that team more than he helps it. </P>

</P>

Moss#83
02-09-2012, 09:54 AM

Josh McCown is better than Sanchez... Hell, Tommy Maddox was better than Sanchez.No. Sanchez is a good QB. He needs to improve his pocket presence with a terrible O line because he's had a great one his first 2 years.

Harooni
02-09-2012, 09:59 AM
15+ million guaranteed is a ton to spend on a guy who has only caught more than 55 balls in season once his whole career. Crazy.

holmes is very talented and was a SB MVP

GameTime
02-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Josh McCown is better than Sanchez... Hell, Tommy Maddox was better than Sanchez.No. Sanchez is a good QB. He needs to improve his pocket presence with a terrible O line because he's had a great one his first 2 years.</P>

IMO...I think Sanchez realized this season that just because you are in the NFL for another year doesnt automatically make you abetter player. </P>

A player has to work hard to improve every single year. If you dont you will be mediocre at best. </P>

CTLadyBlue
02-09-2012, 10:03 AM
Josh McCown is better than Sanchez... Hell, Tommy Maddox was better than Sanchez.* </P>

*</P>

</P>

exactly...</P>

bad in the huddle ........unless Holmes has 180 degree change in attitude he will hurt that team more than he helps it. </P>

*</P>

Thats part of it. Rodgers won a SB in his second year as a starter because he had a great supporting cast. Eli in his 4th year - once Tiki was gone and Shockey got injured and was no longer in the huddle)

But, on the flip side, Sanchez still makes a lot of stupid mistakes. I don't care if he has a cast of all stars surrounding him, if he's skittish when linemen are coming towards him and hurls the ball away for yet another interception, he will never make it to that next level. Let's face it - the Jets have gone.....HOW many years without solidifying someone in the QB position? We all thought Pennington was in for the long haul, but see how that turned out.

IMO, it all comes down to the coach. He is a reflection of that team. Unless Rex pulls an '07 Coughlin personality revamp, I see that team being a mirror image of their coach and their current roster of mostly arrogant players

gumby742
02-09-2012, 10:05 AM

</P>

</P>

exactly...</P>

</P>

</P>

Except early on you can tell Eli had the talent to make plays and come from behind. Sanchez hasn't shown to be anything but a game manager. I think that's what annoys Jets fans the most when they compare 3rd year Eli to 3rd year Sanchez. You can tell Eli had something special. Sanchez, not so much.</P>

GameTime
02-09-2012, 10:12 AM

</P>

</P>

exactly...</P>

</P>

</P>

Except early on you can tell Eli had the talent to make plays and come from behind. Sanchez hasn't shown to be anything but a game manager. I think that's what annoys Jets fans the most when they compare 3rd year Eli to 3rd year Sanchez. You can tell Eli had something special. Sanchez, not so much.</P>

</P>

not my intent at all to compare Eli to Sanchez. Comparing Holmes' effect on his young QB as Shockey had a negetive effect on Eli in the early stages. </P>

</P>

Moss#83
02-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Josh McCown is better than Sanchez... Hell, Tommy Maddox was better than Sanchez.* </P>

*</P>

</P>

exactly...</P>

*</P>

</P>

Except early on you can tell Eli had the talent to make plays and come from behind.* Sanchez hasn't shown to be anything but a game manager.* I think that's what annoys Jets fans the most when they compare 3rd year Eli to 3rd year Sanchez.* You can tell Eli had something special.* Sanchez, not so much.</P>What are you rambling about? Sanchez is a pretty clutch QB in his own respect. You can't just draw conclusions without watching him play? He has made several big plays in his first 2 years including the playoffs. Last year he wasn't able to get the ball downfield because his O line sucked. He definitely regressed but that has to do with his line.

Sanchez is a good QB, he might not be special but still good enough to get the job done.