PDA

View Full Version : SOUND FX: Wilfork....incredible!!!!!!

Breezely
02-08-2012, 09:50 PM
I was watching Sound FX on NFL network when I witnessed the referees actually ask Wilfork his opinion on a holding call that negated a big run by Jacobs. To my amazement, Wilfork told the officials that he flopped. " It was a bad call", Wilfork

giantsfan420
02-08-2012, 09:54 PM
although thats respectful, its also a moronic thing for him to do.

he could have easily said yes he held me. then on another play where he got beat, he coulda mimicked the same falling motion and maybe get another one.

i'll take it tho

Breezely
02-08-2012, 10:27 PM
Sound FX has to be the best football show. Or playbook.

Brady pretty much admitted that he tried to throw the b all away. He stated that that was where he was looking (towards the middle) and felt the pressure. He said he had to get rid of it,

gmen0820
02-08-2012, 10:34 PM
The NFL should really tap officials phones and uniforms just to see if there's anything fishy going on.

This was my first year doing consistent betting on football, and I made out pretty well, but come playoffs, I stopped betting and watching the playoffs and stopping to reflect on betting, really makes me question the integrity of the game at times.

ibbill
02-08-2012, 10:36 PM
The NFL should really tap officials phones and uniforms just to see if there's anything fishy going on.

This was my first year doing consistent betting on football, and I made out pretty well, but come playoffs, I stopped betting and watching the playoffs and stopping to reflect on betting, really makes me question the integrity of the game at times.

your avatar should tell you stay away from gambling.

gmen0820
02-08-2012, 10:50 PM

your avatar should tell you stay away from gambling.Touché

giantsfan420
02-08-2012, 11:08 PM
i just cannot understand after watching the sb sound fx, how in the world throws that flag.

a ref comes up to him and the ref who threw the flag asks him what he sees, the guy responds "i think wilfork just spun off him" and he still calls it.

then, afterwards, he's talking with the ref, and he's saying he isn't sure it was a holding. he asks wilfork, and he goes "bad call"...

IF YOU HAVE TO ASK THE PLAYER IF HE WAS HELD HOW THE **** DO YOU THROW THE FLAG?!?! IN A CRUCIAL SITUATION NO LESS...

HOW?!?!

bflo23
02-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Boothe said that wilfork gave him a little wink as if wilfork was insinuating that he got away with a flop.

Anybody who has seen the play can easily tell it was a flop.... except the ref. That plays was huge because Giants would have been pretty much in FG territory with a 1st down and instead that it took the giants back and they punted...... And Patriots would score a TD right before half ended.

It was a 6-14 point swing.

rainierjef
02-08-2012, 11:20 PM
can someone link the video one this

DVision
02-08-2012, 11:26 PM

It's on nfl.com under videos

Zaggs
02-08-2012, 11:28 PM
i just cannot understand after watching the sb sound fx, how in the world throws that flag.

a ref comes up to him and the ref who threw the flag asks him what he sees, the guy responds "i think wilfork just spun off him" and he still calls it.

then, afterwards, he's talking with the ref, and he's saying he isn't sure it was a holding. he asks wilfork, and he goes "bad call"...

IF YOU HAVE TO ASK THE PLAYER IF HE WAS HELD HOW THE **** DO YOU THROW THE FLAG?!?! IN A CRUCIAL SITUATION NO LESS...

HOW?!?!

Parry had to call it because the side judge was the one who threw the flag. Parry can't over rule him if the line judge doesn't back down.
Even if it was holding, it was the most ticky tack call ever. But its just like the no call on pass interference. The Patriots guy rammed the receiver, no call.

CDN_G-FAN
02-08-2012, 11:28 PM
although thats respectful, its also a moronic thing for him to do.

he could have easily said yes he held me. then on another play where he got beat, he coulda mimicked the same falling motion and maybe get another one.

i'll take it tho

this isn't wilfork's last game in the NFL.

Refs review tape every game as well

i wouldn't want the refs to think that i'm a diver or liar trying to draw penalties.

Zaggs
02-08-2012, 11:30 PM
I did really love the part right after the 2nd Patriots toucdown when one of the Boston announcers say "Does anyone still want to take Eli". Awesome.

rainierjef
02-08-2012, 11:37 PM

It's on nfl.com under videos

thank you. absolutely disgusted like i've been saying all this friggin year if goddell doesn't do something about this i hope he gets fired

rainierjef
02-08-2012, 11:42 PM
aren't referees supposed to be impartial and neutral to both teams?

so why is one ref talking bout "this games going to pick up."

after the blown call on boothe.

then goes on too say "don't count new england out" did you guys catch that?

what the ****

GMen869007
02-08-2012, 11:43 PM
See that, for all of those who said we were lucky because we would've lost if Welker hadn't dropped that pass, they got lucky too because we would've scored on that drive and they wouldn't have been in that position to try to put us away.

For as mad as I was over that holding call, the Welker drop evens it out.

bflo23
02-08-2012, 11:52 PM

<font color="#0000FF">http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d826c94b6/SB-XLVI-Sound-FX-Patriots-fire-back</font> (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d826c94b6/SB-XLVI-Sound-FX-Patriots-fire-back)

At 1:23...... So obvious.

bflo23
02-08-2012, 11:54 PM
I have to give credit to Wilfork for admitting to it was a bad call.

Most people wouldn't do that.

M0rbid
02-09-2012, 12:12 AM
LOL another playoff game Giants got almost screwed by officiating. Pats had no business leading that game.

dannydufflebags
02-09-2012, 12:17 AM
I seriously think we should petition the NFL to investigate this display of refereeing. This was the most blatant, one sided, pulling for the other team behavior I have ever seen. In addition to what has already been said here, these refs were trying to help Brady up, we're also seen saying " come on Chad (Ocho cinco) lets go" !!!!! I mean seriously, you have got to be ****ing kidding me!

M0rbid
02-09-2012, 12:19 AM
I seriously think we should petition the NFL to investigate this display of refereeing. This was the most blatant, one sided, pulling for the other team behavior I have ever seen. In addition to what has already been said here, these refs were trying to help Brady up, we're also seen saying " come on Chad (Ocho cinco) lets go" !!!!! I mean seriously, you have got to be ****ing kidding me!

You know what it is? The Giants are not a "sexy" team.

DemandedAce
02-09-2012, 12:50 AM

<font color="#0000FF">http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d826c94b6/SB-XLVI-Sound-FX-Patriots-fire-back</font> (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d826c94b6/SB-XLVI-Sound-FX-Patriots-fire-back)

Hahah the video is down now, the nfl is covering their tracks!

PRFan
02-09-2012, 12:51 AM
aren't referees supposed to be impartial and neutral to both teams?

so why is one ref talking bout "this games going to pick up."

after the blown call on boothe.

then goes on too say "don't count new england out" did you guys catch that?

what the ****

What's so impartial about that? I remember on SB42 after the Patriots score, the ref says to Eli "It's all on you now Eli".

THE_New_York_Giants
02-09-2012, 12:53 AM

You know what it is? The Giants are not a "sexy" team.

I thought we saw that after the green bay game and atlanta game. The fumble, the pass interference, the "unnecessarily tackling the ball carrier to the ground".

r1000
02-09-2012, 02:33 AM

I'm ready when you are. I tottally agree with you. I'm serious guys, I really do believe that some noise has to be made about this. The amount of non calls/terrible calls that went against this team during the playoffs is downright insane

RonJon
02-09-2012, 09:18 AM
I missed it. When are they gonna show it again?

CDN_G-FAN
02-09-2012, 09:26 AM
I seriously think we should petition the NFL to investigate this display of refereeing. This was the most blatant, one sided, pulling for the other team behavior I have ever seen. In addition to what has already been said here, these refs were trying to help Brady up, we're also seen saying " come on Chad (Ocho cinco) lets go" !!!!! I mean seriously, you have got to be ****ing kidding me! I'm ready when you are. I tottally agree with you. I'm serious guys, I really do believe that some noise has to be made about this. The amount of non calls/terrible calls that went against this team during the playoffs is downright insane</P>

Guys, this happens in every game for every team.</P>

During the Atlanta game, Eli threw some sick passfor a TD, and walked by the head ref who by reading lips said "****in' awesome throw Eli".</P>

THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.</P>

These guys don't show up and not talk to the players. That would be stupid.</P>

Wilfork is just being smart. if the refs ask him if he was held, and he says "oh yeah, the guy practically tackled me", and then they review tape like they do after every game and see that wilfork was full of ****, how many borderline calls do you think are going to go his way?</P>

these games aren't that lopsided.</P>

I've watched the Branch OB reception on the last drive 3 or 4 times, and for the LIFE of me i can't figure out why it wasn't reviewed in a booth. I don't think it gets overturned as a reception because there's probably not enough evidence, but it's super close, alot closer than it looked real time.</P>

we won the superbowl. there's no bias against the giants.</P>

WORLDCHAMPS
02-09-2012, 09:28 AM
Tell you what. TOTAL respect for Wilfork. He told the truth and said BAD CALL. When the ref asked, " well why didnt you say something"... he laughed and was like...ima take that one for the ones yall miss....too funny.

WORLDCHAMPS
02-09-2012, 09:30 AM
how about Brady ...after JPP batted that pass down....hes like, "Its like trying to throw thru a forest" hahaha SHOW IS THE BEST

BlueJayC
02-09-2012, 09:31 AM
This effing digusts me.......the NFL is pathetic.....same call was made in the Niners game forcing the Giants to convert a 3rd and 15 in the fourth quarter for a TD.....fahking disgusting......Giants roll the Pats if that BS call is not called.......pitiful......I want to see a breakdown of penalties for the playoffs because time and time again the officials kept the Giant's opponents in the game.....awful awful awful awful awfulw awful awful........

GameTime
02-09-2012, 09:50 AM
Is it just me or does Brady sound like a So Cal dork when he is yelling or barking out signals. Very nasaly and unmanly like. </P>

He sounds like the "white guy" that Black comedians imitate to make of fun of white dude....lol</P>

TuckYou
02-09-2012, 09:53 AM
The NFL should really tap officials phones and uniforms just to see if there's anything fishy going on. This was my first year doing consistent betting on football, and I made out pretty well, but come playoffs, I stopped betting and watching the playoffs and stopping to reflect on betting, really makes me question the integrity of the game at times.</P>

All you had to do was watch the Packers games vs the Giants this season to know Vegas influences games. Those officials were obviously thinking about something else.</P>

Redeyejedi
02-09-2012, 09:57 AM
2 drives they pulled points off the board.

Easy-Duz-It
02-09-2012, 10:39 AM
i'm surprised no one has mentioned.... in 3 pages.....and i think it was significantly worse than this.....the greg jennings fumble that wasn't.

didn't you all catch the sound fx for that one? when the one official (who in fairness probably didn't have the final say) was talking to chase about it while it was underreview. the official was being really snarky about the whole thing. it really disgusted me. it was almost like he was just waiting for the bogus call to be announced....and thought it was funny that we were getting screwed.

anyway, the refs are human. i have a hard time believing that they tried to make us lose every game...but the green bay game in particular was tough to overlook.

ultimately, the nfl just needs to get some full time referees. that's really all it comes down to. some of these guys are pretty good, some are an embarrassment to their 'part-time' profession.

nygsb42champs
02-09-2012, 10:40 AM
I was shocked when I heard him say that.

miked1958
02-09-2012, 11:03 AM

Video wont play...I guess I will have to get on different computer

Tony Bruno
02-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Yeah I guess he felt bad fo rnot shaking Tucks hand in the coin toss...</P>