PDA

View Full Version : Wilfork told the REF he BLEW the (NON)Holding call on BOOTHE...

DragonSoul
02-08-2012, 10:53 PM
If you watch the Sound FX it is all on there. Ref was unsure of the holding call, he went by WHAT HE THOUGHT HE SAW.

He even asked Wilfork if he had the right call or did he flop. He said that he made the wrong call. So the Ref said why didn't you tell me before i threw the flag. And the ASSHAT REF was smiling the whole time.

And before he threw the flag the head official told him that it didn't look like it was a hold, but since that official supposedly had a better view, he asked him are you comfortable calling that flag. He said Yes.

Do you realize we could have went into halftime up 16-3????

BTW did you see the NON HOLDING call on JPP on the HAIL MARY?????

****KKKKKKKK YOU REFFFFSSSS

DragonSoul
02-08-2012, 10:56 PM
If you have to ASK the PLAYER if you made the right call. THEN MAYBE DONT MAKE THE CALL ASSHAT!!!!

BrianK
02-08-2012, 11:00 PM
I flipped when i heard them ask Wilfork. At least Vince was honest lol

DragonSoul
02-08-2012, 11:03 PM
I flipped when i heard them ask Wilfork. At least Vince was honest lolYou can blow a call. It happens. Problem is. When you are not sure what you saw and called it.

What makes it even worse is if you have to ask the player if you made the RIGHT CALL. Maybe you should have thought of it before you threw a huge flag.

NYG216
02-08-2012, 11:04 PM
I love that Coughlin told the ref "you can't call that" and then the official went back to see what the guy saw.

I wonder if they went back and told Coughlin that they blew it.

Drez
02-08-2012, 11:06 PM
I flipped when i heard them ask Wilfork. At least Vince was honest lolYou can blow a call. It happens. Problem is. When you are not sure what you saw and called it. What makes it even worse is if you have to ask the player if you made the RIGHT CALL. Maybe you should have thought of it before you threw a huge flag.</P>

They also blew the non-call on the hold on either LJ or Bernard on the Woodhead TD. Dude, had him hooked by the arm and was turning him. No flag.</P>

DragonSoul
02-08-2012, 11:09 PM
I flipped when i heard them ask Wilfork. At least Vince was honest lolYou can blow a call. It happens. Problem is. When you are not sure what you saw and called it. What makes it even worse is if you have to ask the player if you made the RIGHT CALL. Maybe you should have thought of it before you threw a huge flag.</P>

They also blew the non-call on the hold on either LJ or Bernard on the Woodhead TD. Dude, had him hooked by the arm and was turning him. No flag.</P>Guess I missed that one. Do not forget the non PI call on manningham which was another huge call. (there was another non pi call on nicks earlier in the game as well)

BrianK
02-08-2012, 11:13 PM
I flipped when i heard them ask Wilfork. At least Vince was honest lolYou can blow a call. It happens. Problem is. When you are not sure what you saw and called it.

What makes it even worse is if you have to ask the player if you made the RIGHT CALL. Maybe you should have thought of it before you threw a huge flag.
YA THINK?????? LOL a huge call in a huge game and your gonna make it even though your not sure? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DragonSoul
02-08-2012, 11:19 PM

YA THINK?????? LOL a huge call in a huge game and your gonna make it even though your not sure? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yet many in here say some are blowing it up.

I bet you 99% if any of those calls that they screwed us up in big spots cost us a win to get into the playoffs or even worse lose a game in the playoffs like in 2002, I guarantee many would have an issue then.

I personally want it called fairly and evenly as possible whether we WIN or LOSE!

BrianK
02-08-2012, 11:27 PM
Maybe if he didn't make that horrible call I wouldn't of had to have 10 heart attacks in the 4th quarter....

gmen0820
02-08-2012, 11:38 PM
Imagine if we lost. We as fans would probably be much more vocal and probably do us some future justice.

But I'm just glad we won. Really lost respect for officials during the run.

Meanhothead
02-08-2012, 11:41 PM
Imagine if we lost. We as fans would probably be much more vocal and probably do us some future justice.

But I'm just glad we won. Really lost respect for officials during the run.

i agree

Drez
02-08-2012, 11:42 PM
Imagine if we lost. We as fans would probably be much more vocal and probably do us some future justice. But I'm just glad we won. Really lost respect for officials during the run.</P>

I know every fan of every team thinks that the officials are screwing them. But, I have never in my 34 years on this planet ever seens such consistently horrible officiating. At times it truly looked as if the refs were trying to fix the games, which is something I don't say lightly.</P>

DragonSoul
02-08-2012, 11:46 PM
Imagine if we lost. We as fans would probably be much more vocal and probably do us some future justice. But I'm just glad we won. Really lost respect for officials during the run.</P>

I know every fan of every team thinks that the officials are screwing them. But, I have never in my 34 years on this planet ever seens such consistently horrible officiating. At times it truly looked as if the refs were trying to fix the games, which is something I don't say lightly.</P>ditto, last year or two was bad, but this year was horrific & thats putting it nicely.

How many calls has (the best decline in the nfl )our defensive line not gotten?

gmen0820
02-08-2012, 11:47 PM

I know every fan of every team thinks that the officials are screwing them. But, I have never in my 34 years on this planet ever seens such consistently horrible officiating. At times it truly looked as if the refs were trying to fix the games, which is something I don't say lightly.</P>You're preaching to the choir my man. I argued with plenty of posters on here, namely after the first Packer game this year, claiming them to be foolish for believing in a conspiracy against the Giants.

It wasn't until that blown Leavy call in the divisionals which really pissed me off. That's the first time I considered and entertained the idea of the refs fixing games, and I haven't been watching football nearly as long as you.

scoopscj
02-08-2012, 11:49 PM
As I sit here in my room, enjoying this championship I'll admit there were quite a few calls that went against us. That's the nature of the NFL. I think those 8 fumbles and none lost countered the bad luck on the missed calls and we did overcome a lot of obstacles. I've always believed that making mistakes is the best way to learn and boy did the officials make some this year. If they can learn from them, and make the correct calls then the NFL will be better for it.

I do not believe the refs were conspiring to let the other teams win, that's crazy. I think they are human and make mistakes like the rest of our species.

Giants win again....

AGAINST ALL ODDS,
AGAINST ALL EXPECTATIONS,
AGAINST THE VERY BEST THE NFL HAD TO OFFER,
They are once again, CHAMPIONS.

Elaxico
02-08-2012, 11:51 PM
I complained about this call all the way until after the Patriots second half TD. I couldn't help, but think about a fix. That call could have and almost had shifted the whole game. Even though we won I am still pissed about it.

DVision
02-08-2012, 11:51 PM

Wilfork's answer had me rolling.....but had we lost...I'd be hunting officials!!!

giantfanatic
02-08-2012, 11:52 PM
What drives me crazy is all of the mouths want to tall about the welker drop as if we only won because of their mistake. I cite the bogus holding call (confirmed by wilfork) and either PI as examples of why that game was a lot closernthan it should have been because the refs make these phantom calls or no calls as the case may be.
We had the best team and we won. Bottom line. Eli ate them up.

egyptian420
02-08-2012, 11:54 PM

Wilfork's answer had me rolling.....but had we lost...I'd be hunting officials!!!
Do you think the NFL would've released that footage if we lost? There would be friggin riots

Drez
02-08-2012, 11:56 PM
I flipped when i heard them ask Wilfork. At least Vince was honest lolYou can blow a call. It happens. Problem is. When you are not sure what you saw and called it. What makes it even worse is if you have to ask the player if you made the RIGHT CALL. Maybe you should have thought of it before you threw a huge flag. YA THINK?????? LOL a huge call in a huge game and your gonna make it even though your not sure? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yet many in here say some are blowing it up. I bet you 99% if any of those calls that they screwed us up in big spots cost us a win to get into the playoffs or even worse lose a game in the playoffs like in 2002, I guarantee many would have an issue then. I personally want it called fairly and evenly as possible whether we WIN or LOSE!</P>

Here's a link to the play. You can see it at :13 and again at about :50 from a different angle. It looks like the hold was on LJ.</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1d9S86PxBc&amp;feature=related</P>

rebelfan1966
02-09-2012, 12:00 AM
I saw that on "Sounds of SB 46" a little while ago.... to his credit, when he was asked after the fact, he admitted it was a bad call.

TrueBlue10
02-09-2012, 01:07 AM
I was completely floored by that video clip. Just awful.

So glad it didn't cost us anything in the end!

bearbryant
02-09-2012, 01:15 AM
Not only did certain refs blow calls in this game but the same refs gave spots thyat were wrong by more than a yard 3-4 times. So, anyone who doesn't believe that personal opinions and subjective feelings don't play a part in some refs calls... go wake up! But can't do too much about that except... Win another Super Bowl

M0rbid
02-09-2012, 01:20 AM
One of many blown calls. Did you guys see how many illegal holding penalties Pats o-line got away with? Go look at the replay. Giants should've blown them out of misery.

PRFan
02-09-2012, 01:44 AM
I don't mind the non calls so much but calling the hold there was BS. I was ready to jump out my balcony for one and a half quarters after that,

DragonSoul
02-09-2012, 03:22 PM
bump

bklyn1028
02-09-2012, 03:38 PM

I know every fan of every team thinks that the officials are screwing them. But, I have never in my 34 years on this planet ever seens such consistently horrible officiating. At times it truly looked as if the refs were trying to fix the games, which is something I don't say lightly.</P>

I said it during the Packers game. The call on Jenning's fumble was nothing short of horrendous. Even Buck and Aikman didn't understand it, I still don't understand it. It was so obvious that he lost the ball before his body touched the ground, makes absolutely NO SENSE!

Is she Conan's wife?
02-09-2012, 03:46 PM
I love that Coughlin told the ref "you can't call that" and then the official went back to see what the guy saw.

I wonder if they went back and told Coughlin that they blew it.

Well, he knows now.

Is she Conan's wife?
02-09-2012, 03:47 PM

Same here...on both points.

nygsb42champs
02-09-2012, 03:49 PM
That was something to hear. I did see that hold on the last play. I don't know how the refs missed it.

Giants869011
02-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Agreed I was stunned , after the fumble in the jets game ( the one where the jets players elbow hit rolle's cleat) I was positive we were going to win the jennings fumble challenge but my god what a bad call

Big Blue 418
02-09-2012, 05:05 PM
We won the game . Honestly I had no real issues with the refs at all .... Yeah a call here or there but nothing so bad that I went nuts over for a chabge . Pats fans went just as crazy over the safety

ShakeNBake
02-09-2012, 05:10 PM
If you watch the Sound FX it is all on there. Ref was unsure of the holding call, he went by WHAT HE THOUGHT HE SAW.

He even asked Wilfork if he had the right call or did he flop. He said that he made the wrong call. So the Ref said why didn't you tell me before i threw the flag. And the ASSHAT REF was smiling the whole time.

And before he threw the flag the head official told him that it didn't look like it was a hold, but since that official supposedly had a better view, he asked him are you comfortable calling that flag. He said Yes.

Do you realize we could have went into halftime up 16-3????

BTW did you see the NON HOLDING call on JPP on the HAIL MARY?????

****KKKKKKKK YOU REFFFFSSSS

That call was complete garbage, especially when you consider the non call on Joseph the series or two before. Unless Joesph runs like a duck with his arms behind him while rushing the QB of course.

JMFP2
02-09-2012, 05:11 PM
We won the game . Honestly I had no real issues with the refs at all .... Yeah a call here or there but nothing so bad that I went nuts over for a chabge . Pats fans went just as crazy over the safety</P>

Agreed.</P>

It was a bad call, but it happens.</P>

The better team won, that's what matters.</P>

Got to hand it to Wilfork....honest dude.</P>

plc
02-09-2012, 05:23 PM
I have been watching football a very long time.Since the jestors game the calls have just not gone our way.So to pick out this play or that one like the welker drop and say we were lucky is just crazy.We beat teams over and over again because we played better despite some very bad calls.

DragonSoul
02-09-2012, 05:29 PM
We won the game . Honestly I had no real issues with the refs at all .... Yeah a call here or there but nothing so bad that I went nuts over for a chabge . Pats fans went just as crazy over the safety</P>

Agreed.</P>

It was a bad call, but it happens.</P>

The better team won, that's what matters.</P>

Got to hand it to Wilfork....honest dude.</P>The point that some may be overlooking is, what if we didn't over come them. I guarantee you if not all most would have felt as they did in 02 game vs SF.

How many times have people used that line? Maybe once a game in key spots, and key game changers that thankfully the team was able to over come.

TroyArcher
02-09-2012, 05:34 PM
It was amzaing. The two refs were discussing before talking to Wilfork and one of them thought it was not a penalty. Pretty honest of Wilfork. He sounds like a good guy. It was a big call and I almost threw the remote thru the TV when I saw the 1st replay.

swordfish
02-09-2012, 06:41 PM
We are SB Champions, who cares, everyone knows the Refs have been awful the whole year.