PDA

View Full Version : BB told his players to make MM or Pascoe beat them

Hostetler
02-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Wow! and then Mario Makes the catch right in front of him - poetic

DragonSoul
02-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Wow!* and then Mario Makes the catch right in front of him - poeticit is the right call & I would have done the same thing and expected as much.

Do you know why that didn't matter? Because Eli will get it to the player who gets open. That is Elite, making the players around you better.

jhamburg
02-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Wow!* and then Mario Makes the catch right in front of him - poetic

Well I certainly hope his plan wasn't to shut down Nicks because that failed miserably

JJC7301
02-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Wow!* and then Mario Makes the catch right in front of him - poeticit is the right call & I would have done the same thing and expected as much.

Do you know why that didn't matter? Because Eli will get it to the player who gets open. That is Elite, making the players around you better.
+1. BB was right -- don't let their 2 best WRs beat you. So, our 3rd did the beating (besides the fact that Nicks had something like 125 yards and Cruz scored a TD). Pascoe had a nice game, too.

DragonSoul
02-08-2012, 10:58 PM

+1. BB was right -- don't let their 2 best WRs beat you. So, our 3rd did the beating (besides the fact that Nicks had something like 125 yards and Cruz scored a TD). Pascoe had a nice game, too.I called it in my x-factors including wood head :-) Yet we won whoo hook

DragonSoul
02-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Double post. Nothing to see here lol

egyptian420
02-08-2012, 10:59 PM
I love these sound FX videos, I just watched all 4 of them

GMen869007
02-08-2012, 11:47 PM
Remember the days of teams stacking up against the run and making Eli beat them?

JDE123
02-08-2012, 11:56 PM
Belichick's defensive strategy is always to take away the other team's best threat so they have to beat you with their 2nd, 3rd option, etc... Think Plax in SB42, Marshall Faulk in SB36, Thurmon Thomas when the Giants beat the Bills...

In this case I'm assuming the plan was to take away Cruz. Probably would have been a good idea to slow down Nicks too, but the talent gap between the Giants receivers and Patriots defensive secondary was too great.

M0rbid
02-09-2012, 12:06 AM
Right gameplan by BB. But Eli is just too magical in 4th quarter nothing could stop him...........

JDE123
02-09-2012, 12:12 AM
Right gameplan by BB. But Eli is just too magical in 4th quarter nothing could stop him...........

Lol - pretty sure Eli didn't score in the 4th quarter, but point taken...

giantsfan420
02-09-2012, 12:23 AM

dont feed the troll. the moronic troll. he's been outed in another thread.

eli is horrific and eli is like tebow-he straight up said that in the "eli shouldn't be in the hall of fame" thread.

just ignore him, never argue with an idiot. he'll bring u down to his level then beat u with experience

JDE123
02-09-2012, 12:29 AM

eli is horrific and eli is like tebow-he straight up said that in the "eli shouldn't be in the hall of fame" thread.

just ignore him, never argue with an idiot. he'll bring u down to his level then beat u with experience

I'm not going to derail this thread by addressing you again, but that's completely inaccurate and pretty dam rude.

giantsfan420
02-09-2012, 12:30 AM

I'm not going to derail this thread by addressing you again, but that's completely inaccurate and pretty dam rude.

my bad i apologize. i full out thought u were a troll. u did say eli was horrific and that hes like tim tebow...u didnt exactly make the thought u were a troll difficult...

JDE123
02-09-2012, 12:49 AM

my bad i apologize. i full out thought u were a troll. u did say eli was horrific and that hes like tim tebow...u didnt exactly make the thought u were a troll difficult...

Fair enough, apology accepted.

I'm not a troll, I really like Eli, I just don't think he's had a hall of fame career yet.

SweetZombieJesus
02-09-2012, 06:02 AM
In this case I'm assuming the plan was to take away Cruz. Probably would have been a good idea to slow down Nicks too, but the talent gap between the Giants receivers and Patriots defensive secondary was too great.

BB was saying "Nicks and Cruz, Nicks and Cruz", as if they were one player named "Nicksand Cruz". Seems their preparation for two weeks was in taking away Nicks and Cruz, not just one of them. Cause as we know if you concentrate on only one the other can kill you.

nygfanmaybe
02-09-2012, 06:10 AM
Wow...I woulda thought he woulda told them to go out and win...not point out which player on the Giants that they wanted to be beaten by.

JDE123
02-09-2012, 08:32 AM

BB was saying "Nicks and Cruz, Nicks and Cruz", as if they were one player named "Nicksand Cruz". Seems their preparation for two weeks was in taking away Nicks and Cruz, not just one of them. Cause as we know if you concentrate on only one the other can kill you.

That's interesting (I haven't watched the FX thing yet). Obviously they did a pretty good job on Cruz, but I wonder how he feels about the job they did on Nicks.