PDA

View Full Version : Who would you trade Osi or Kiwi?

Elaxico
02-08-2012, 11:37 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1057978-5-new-york-giants-who-could-be-on-the-trading-block-this-offseason

Found this interesting.

gmen0820
02-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Osi. Kiwi was a year off a serious injury and looked ineffective. Imagine him next year.

Osi is a very talented player, and can be a team guy, I just don't trust him. I think Kiwi is better for the team and can be equally as good and provide versatility. I'd rather give him a new contract.

Plus, Osi could probably bring more compensation.

ibbill
02-08-2012, 11:44 PM
osi no doubt Kiwi can play end and lb shows up for every game.

JJC7301
02-09-2012, 12:18 AM
I guess Osi, but I'd keep Kiwi at LB if Osi were traded (stop moving back and forth).

But I don't want either traded. Keep Osi for the final year of his contract. He's NOT going to pull a Shockey.

jhamburg
02-09-2012, 12:23 AM
Does anyone remember the last time we made a trade? I remember a few like the Rosenfels trade, but I mean like a really meaningful one.

Elaxico
02-09-2012, 12:24 AM
Does anyone remember the last time we made a trade? I remember a few like the Rosenfels trade, but I mean like a really meaningful one.

The trade for Eli?

giantsfan420
02-09-2012, 12:33 AM
Osi. Kiwi was a year off a serious injury and looked ineffective. Imagine him next year.

Osi is a very talented player, and can be a team guy, I just don't trust him. I think Kiwi is better for the team and can be equally as good and provide versatility. I'd rather give him a new contract.

i thought kiwi looked very effective in a bunch of games but i do believe he wasn't "all there" meaning up to his ability. next season i expect a monster year.

i'd trade neither. both are under contract, and osi for only one more season. IF I HAD to, then osi i guess bc u could get something for him if u knew u werent able to resign him

gmen0820
02-09-2012, 08:24 AM

i thought kiwi looked very effective in a bunch of games but i do believe he wasn't "all there" meaning up to his ability. next season i expect a monster year.

i'd trade neither. both are under contract, and osi for only one more season. IF I HAD to, then osi i guess bc u could get something for him if u knew u werent able to resign himThat's weird. I never meant to put ineffective, I meant to put effective. Don't know how that happened. I've been on Kiwi's bandwagon all year.

My mistake.

jakegibbs
02-09-2012, 08:28 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1057978-5-new-york-giants-who-could-be-on-the-trading-block-this-offseason

Found this interesting.

Why trade anyone? The group just accomplished something that has never been done before. No 9-7 team has ever won the SB trophy. Let's build upon what we have now through the draft & get stronger & win 2 in a row. What's wrong with that logic? Does it have to do with CAP room?

bLuereverie
02-09-2012, 08:39 AM
The most likely person on that list that I can see traded is DJ Ware.

No one is doing the Giants any favors by actually giving up assets for Diehl/Jacobs while inheriting their contracts. That's just foolish.

giantsfan420
02-09-2012, 08:48 AM

i'd trade neither. both are under contract, and osi for only one more season. IF I HAD to, then osi i guess bc u could get something for him if u knew u werent able to resign himThat's weird. I never meant to put ineffective, I meant to put effective. Don't know how that happened. I've been on Kiwi's bandwagon all year.

My mistake.

yeah i figured. it caught me a lil off guard bc i remember u praising kiwi when a few other posters would say to move him to DE.

Honestly, I'd like to see him improve upon being a LB, but if we trade osi, i could see him being moved back to DE which would be real unfair to him. he'd prob do it bc he's unselfish and an awesome team first guy, i think he laid a good foundation to build upon to becoming an excellent every down lb.

jomo
02-09-2012, 08:51 AM
I'd need a young stud LB or OL to do that.

gmen0820
02-09-2012, 08:55 AM

My mistake.

yeah i figured. it caught me a lil off guard bc i remember u praising kiwi when a few other posters would say to move him to DE.

Honestly, I'd like to see him improve upon being a LB, but if we trade osi, i could see him being moved back to DE which would be real unfair to him. he'd prob do it bc he's unselfish and an awesome team first guy, i think he laid a good foundation to build upon to becoming an excellent every down lb.Yeah I agree, he is a force vs the run and I'd like to see him 2 years in a row at LB to see how he plays. I mean, he played LB in 2010 too, but that was a short season for him, but up to that point, he was probably our best D player (granted it was like 4 games). I had a nice write up in the offseason when I did a full season notes write up thread, can't find it though.

Had a couple videos of him in the NASCAR alignment as well as us playing a little bit of a 50 front. I'm very high on Kiwi. When he came back at 2 years 8 mil, I was ecstatic. He's only gonna get better which is odd to say considering he's entering his 6th year.

TheEnigma
02-09-2012, 08:58 AM
For whatever my opinion is worth, I see Kiwi as a poor man's Terell Suggs for a 4-3 defense.

In terms of trade value, I'd have to think Osi would be on more teams radars than Kiwi at the moment. I could see Osi being able to transition easily to a 3-4 rush OLB if needed to or just playing RDE in a 4-3 for another team. It would have to be to a team that only needs a few pieces since he's not a young player.

nygsb42champs
02-09-2012, 09:09 AM
I would love to see both of them stay. But if one of the 2 had to be traded I would say Osi because he is older.

bg79
02-09-2012, 09:16 AM
Whoever is worth more. I do believe we should trade one as we arent getting as much value out of a guy like Kiwi when we have him playing out of position simply just to get him on the field. We would be better suited with a more skilled linebacker out there instead of him.

I think Osi can be worth a lot more than he was at the beginning of the season when we were shopping him. For one, he performed well when he was on the field and had his surgery already. Two, he showed that he'd suck it up and be a good teammate. I think teams were a little apprehensive about a guy looking like he's going into a holdout to force a contract. Teams often will use top 5 picks on pass rushers and that leads me to believe that they'd be willing to shell out a nice package for a guy who is a proven one. Not only will he get sacks but he is one of the best in the league at creating turnovers something DC's prize more than anything else.

I realize not all trading partners can be the Raiders but I don't see why a late 1st wouldnt be the value for Osi.