PDA

View Full Version : The head Ref said that the game was over after Welker missed the Catch everyone is crying about.

DragonSoul
02-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Now that is funny. I think someone BELIEVED in ELI

Manning
02-08-2012, 11:07 PM
I think he said That was the game, as in if he caught it that might have been the nail in the coffin.

DragonSoul
02-08-2012, 11:09 PM
I think he said That was the game, as in if he caught it that might have been the nail in the coffin.I am going with my view. Half full and optimistic lol..

bearbryant
02-09-2012, 12:36 AM
If the ref thinks thats the real deal about the pats fire, well I got news for him the Pats lost the game before they stepped on the field!!! Giants for ever!!!!!

M0rbid
02-09-2012, 12:42 AM
Saw it on NFL.com, makes me feel a little bit suspicious with this head referee.

bflo23
02-09-2012, 01:00 AM
The ref meant it would have ended the game and the Patriots would have won. I can't blame the ref for what he said. If Brady actually hit Welker in stride, I think Welker scores a TD. Pat fans should blame Brady for that bad pass.

If Brady makes that completion to welker, he is down at the 20 yard line....

It would be 3:30 left and 1st down for Pats.... Giants would have to definitely hold the Pats just a FG and stop them from getting another 1st down. If the Giants don't let them score "game over TD", give up another 1st down and gave up just a FG, the Giants would probably have 0 timeouts and 45 seconds to drive 80s yards for TD to win the game.

I know if Eli was on the other side, Eli would have hit Welker right in the numbers for an easy catch. If Eli can drop a beauty 50 yards bomb to Manningham in double coverage, I think he can hit Welker who is wide open due to a botch secondary coverage that is 25 yards away.

giantsfan420
02-09-2012, 01:10 AM
The ref meant it would have ended the game and the Patriots would have won. I can't blame the ref for what he said. If Brady actually hit Welker in stride, I think Welker scores a TD. Pat fans should blame Brady for that bad pass.

It would be 3:30 left and 1st down for Pats.... Giants would have to definitely hold the Pats just a FG and stop them from getting another 1st down. If the Giants don't let them score "game over TD", give up another 1st down and gave up just a FG, the Giants would probably have 0 timeouts and 45 seconds to drive 80s yards for TD to win the game.

I know if Eli was on the other side, Eli would have hit Welker right in the numbers for an easy catch. If Eli can drop a beauty 50 yards bomb to Manningham in double coverage, I think he can hit Welker who is wide open due to a botch secondary coverage that is 25 yards away.

this. the ref meant it in if welker catches it, the games over. like the romo pass to austin.

although i've heard many analysts say what the ref said, i dont know if thats true. NE would run the play clock down but still prob pass. an incompletion or two, and we still have over 3 min. If NE just was content with the ball on the 20 which i doubt, they'd run it 3x and go for the fg with just under or right at 2 minutes. even 1 min 20 seconds is enough for eli to drive for a touchdown even w/o time outs.

bflo23
02-09-2012, 01:25 AM

this. the ref meant it in if welker catches it, the games over. like the romo pass to austin.

although i've heard many analysts say what the ref said, i dont know if thats true. NE would run the play clock down but still prob pass. an incompletion or two, and we still have over 3 min. If NE just was content with the ball on the 20 which i doubt, they'd run it 3x and go for the fg with just under or right at 2 minutes. even 1 min 20 seconds is enough for eli to drive for a touchdown even w/o time outs.

The defense would need a big stop but the pats are so difficult to stop scoring let alone a simple 1st down..... I had the same exact "disappointing antsy" feeling when I saw the Romo pass to wide open Miles Austin and when I saw Brady throw to a wide open Welker.... Romo pass was definitely a season ending pass.... And I think most likely brady to welker was season ending pass too..... Your holding your breath thinking they are going to catch it and then it drops and you are jumping for joy and relieved.

rainierjef
02-09-2012, 01:31 AM
i think he said " aww that would have been the game" as if if welker would of caught it... game over

M0rbid
02-09-2012, 01:41 AM
i think he said " aww that would have been the game" as if if welker would of caught it... game over

That part stood out to me.

rainierjef
02-09-2012, 01:45 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d826ca796/SB-XLVI-Sound-FX-A-Giant-drive?module=HP11_content_stream

AT 1:29 john perry head ref disgusted

bansaw
02-09-2012, 05:39 AM
some very odd comments

buddy in black hat admitting he didnt have a good look after Perry told Coughlin he'd talk to him
then the same black hat guy getting excited about a Pats drive right after we are forced to punt because f his call..."don't count out the Pats" he says
Perry yelling encouragement to Ocho who promptly catches the ball
then him huddling up the officials and yells at them to prepare for a fumble and Bradshaw goes right out and fumbles
and then his disappointment in Welkers drop

very odd things indeed, seems scripted

nygfanmaybe
02-09-2012, 06:08 AM
I wouldn't try to read too much into that. All the ref was saying was that they had done everything they could to keep the Pats in the game and if they weren't going to do their part...like catching the ball when they have the chance...then they could no longer help...it would be to blatantly obvious.

That's all he was sayin'.

bluesince86
02-09-2012, 07:04 AM
I saw that as well, didnt bother me very much with what they said in that instance.

But did anyone else catch the conversation the refs had before the holding call on Boothe. The one was trying to tell the guy that he thought that Wilfork flopped, but the other ref was insisting that due to the way he fell it was a hold. Later they cut to the refs asking Wilfork if he was held, and Wilfork said "It was a bad call". Now, that actually bothers me more than the game over comment because the one ref tried to tell him it was a bad call and the other ref insisted it was holding. That call right there swung momentum to the Pats. All's well that ends well, but something has to be done about the terrible calls that took place all season.

CDN_G-FAN
02-09-2012, 07:07 AM
like every giants fan, i was saying on that whole drive that the defense needs to make a huge play.

when welker dropped that pass, i said out loud "we didn't make the huge play, but that was our break right there. If we can't win it after that, we don't deserve it.".

Alot of people forget he still had a 3rd and 11 he could have converted.

and they still had a defense that could have stopped us on offense.

nygfanmaybe
02-09-2012, 07:14 AM
like every giants fan, i was saying on that whole drive that the defense needs to make a huge play.

when welker dropped that pass, i said out loud "we didn't make the huge play, but that was our break right there. If we can't win it after that, we don't deserve it.".

Alot of people forget he still had a 3rd and 11 he could have converted.

and they still had a defense that could have stopped us on offense.

OK...I'm going from memory here...so I could be wrong...but...

Brady did not throw the ball right away...that means initially the DB's must have been close,

then, he scrambles a little because the d-line was fighting, kicking, scratching, clawing...anything to get to Brady...and sometimes he gets a little "skittish"...

Finally he finds an opening to stop and make a throw, and he finds Welker and is thankful to be able to unload the ball, and puts it in a spot where it has to be...as I have heard so many people say...so he couldn't have been "wide open"...

Welker isn't able to come-up with the ball because he is contorting himself while in mid-air and all at the same time trying to keep his eye on the ball and the closing defenders...quite a trick.

He missed it. Wasn't quite as "lucky" for us as some would have you think.

nygsb42champs
02-09-2012, 08:21 AM
The sound FX show on NFL network is great.

G-Man67
02-09-2012, 08:50 AM
why is the ref making comments at all ... just do your job ... actually this game could have been a total blowout, but not for the phantom holding call on Boothe ... just ref, REF!