PDA

View Full Version : VID: Jason Whitlock on Inside the NFL, put a smack down on Chris & Phil.

DragonSoul
02-08-2012, 11:25 PM
EDITED: I uploaded the Video of about 4:40 minute segment to youtube. Here is the link you can follow to view it.

http://youtu.be/fJmlRXAwZ_k

Its at the end of the show, but I thought it was a great segment. I would say give it a look see.

He said everything that I mentioned and that we all would have liked to have said or asked to retort those idiots.

I like it when people do some research...

JJC7301
02-08-2012, 11:36 PM
First of all -- "Inside the NFL" is still on? What channel -- NFL Network? Please confirm because I loved that show back in the day and would love to watch again.

Second, what did Whitlock say, generally?

DragonSoul
02-08-2012, 11:47 PM
First of all -- "Inside the NFL" is still on? What channel -- NFL Network? Please confirm because I loved that show back in the day and would love to watch again.

Second, what did Whitlock say, generally?ShowTime.

Brought up many things, but might not remember all.

1) Will paraphrase - This SB has the biggest affect on the NFL since SB 3. Because now we have to question Peyton, Brady, BB.

The patriots have not won since spygate and have lost twice to Eli. BB and Bradys image have now been tarnished a bit.

Eli now has 2 rings and his brother 1.James Brown I believed asked Jason if he felt Eli is better. Right now I do believe so He has 2 SB rings to Peytons 1. He is in his 8th year and is hitting his prime.

Then Chris and Phil get on him. Chris says Peyton has (sapp gets involved to, on Elis side). 4 MVP trophies. Jason said and what does everyone play for? SB Trophies and Eli now has 2.

He also said Peytons playoff numbers are horrible, and is a great regular season stat guy while Eli brings it in the playoffs and big games. He is 8-1 on the road. I can count jason says to one of those two idiots, while peyton is 9-10. And he added a bit more as well.

Then Chris said but did you see the colts this year. Jason said yea and I blame Peyton, because he created that whole franchise to suit his style of play. Then chris said but he changed the game. and then some more back and forth.

Then Phil went on how you cannot put Elis wins or that high up or something. Jason said He did beat and 18-0 team right? Phil says yea but he only done it once.

He said Look at what Eli has accomplished in the same amount of time that peyton has done. And if he continues to win, he may surpass peyton when it is all said and done.

And a bit more back and forth. I mean he really put it to them pretty nicely.

DragonSoul
02-08-2012, 11:49 PM
It is on right now and he will be on there in a min or two, if you can catch it, if not I could tape for you and put it on youtube possibly

THE_New_York_Giants
02-08-2012, 11:54 PM

1) Will paraphrase - This SB has the biggest affect on the NFL since SB 3. Because now we have to question Peyton, Brady, BB.

The patriots have not won since spygate and have lost twice to Eli. BB and Bradys image have now been tarnished a bit.

Eli now has 2 rings and his brother 1.James Brown I believed asked Jason if he felt Eli is better. Right now I do believe so He has 2 SB rings to Peytons 1. He is in his 8th year and is hitting his prime.

Then Chris and Phil get on him. Chris says Peyton has (sapp gets involved to, on Elis side). 4 MVP trophies. Jason said and what does everyone play for? SB Trophies and Eli now has 2.

He also said Peytons playoff numbers are horrible, and is a great regular season stat guy while Eli brings it in the playoffs and big games. He is 8-1 on the road. I can count jason says to one of those two idiots, while peyton is 9-10. And he added a bit more as well.

Then Chris said but did you see the colts this year. Jason said yea and I blame Peyton, because he created that whole franchise to suit his style of play. Then chris said but he changed the game. and then some more back and forth.

Then Phil went on how you cannot put Elis wins or that high up or something. Jason said He did beat and 18-0 team right? Phil says yea but he only done it once.

He said Look at what Eli has accomplished in the same amount of time that peyton has done. And if he continues to win, he may surpass peyton when it is all said and done.

ONLY BEATEN AN 18-0 TEAM ONCE?! He's the only QB to have done that. Neither Brady nor Peyton have done that.

Brandon jacobs
02-08-2012, 11:58 PM
please tape it and post it. It seems like homers from around the league are trying to diss Eli and steal his thunder.

Screw analysts, they are all full of you know what..

DragonSoul
02-09-2012, 12:07 AM
ok

DragonSoul
02-09-2012, 12:17 AM
Just recorded it. Will try to link it up in a few hopefully

DragonSoul
02-09-2012, 12:28 AM
it will take about 37 mins to upload it to youtube ffs lol

DragonSoul
02-09-2012, 12:38 AM
21% complete. 40 minutes left. Here is the link, for when it goes live

http://youtu.be/fJmlRXAwZ_k

DragonSoul
02-09-2012, 01:58 AM
It is uploaded. If you guys are around who wanted to see it feel free. If not will bump it up tomorrow for you guys. So you can check it out.

foosball
02-09-2012, 02:07 AM
"I'm more afraid of Phil than I am anyone else on the set"

Rofl. I don't know what's funnier, that he said or it or that it's probably true. Have you found the game high lights yet?

wrek537emc
02-09-2012, 02:09 AM
he beat 18-0 4 years ago... n he beat 15-0 this year. The Giants (with Eli) have accomplished so much n it sickens me Eli gets no respect. At the end of the day, The Giants r the better team. The Defense Offense, and special teams all played their part to beat the "better" teams when it really counted. Haters will only continue to hate. i hope all this trash talk fuels Eli n the Giants to comeback next year n run the table. I hope the defense shuts the opposing teams down to 0 points n Eli throws 4 TDs per game, 3 1000 yrd receivers, n the running game has 2 1000 yrd rushers ..... just so The Giants can get some respect for once..

raintheory
02-09-2012, 03:23 AM
yo... what is phil simms problem?

foosball
02-09-2012, 03:36 AM
yo... what is phil simms problem?

He's ultra competitive. It's one of the things that made him such a great player. I think he has always been slightly bitter about the offense the Giants ran. He would have looked much better if they had brought in receivers, or a more west coast minded offensive coach. But in those days the Giants were all about running the ball. The best wide out he ever had wasn't as good as Manningham, let alone Nicks or Cruz. I think he's always been a little bitter about that, because it probably cost him the hall of fame. I think Eli surpassing him as the Giants all time best QB hurts him a bit as well.

However he needs to let it go. He put up good numbers, and despite not having great receivers, he did have a great tight end, and running backs. Being the second best QB in the history of the Giants isn't negative thing either.

TrueBlue10
02-09-2012, 04:05 AM
Eli Manning is my favorite player of all time. Phil Simms is my second favorite player of all time. Kurt Warner is one of my favorite QBs of all time.

Those things said, it's honestly a little painful to watch my guys Phil and Kurt seem be trying to take down Eli. They should know how hard it is to earn respect in this league, let alone in New York, and to do it by WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Yet, it doesn't even sound like these guys are like "well, I really love what the kid's done but I just don't put him in that category yet." Instead, it really just sounds like "no, he's not _____, and no matter what he does I don't think he'll ever be _____."

And that sucks if you're me.... it's like watching your parents argue... it just sucks.

DragonSoul
02-09-2012, 04:08 AM
Eli Manning is my favorite player of all time.* Phil Simms is my second favorite player of all time.* Kurt Warner is one of my favorite QBs of all time.

Those things said, it's honestly a little painful to watch my guys Phil and Kurt seem be trying to take down Eli.* They should know how hard it is to earn respect in this league, let alone in New York, and to do it by WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Yet, it doesn't even sound like these guys are like "well, I really love what the kid's done but I just don't put him in that category yet."* Instead, it really just sounds like "no, he's not _____, and no matter what he does I don't think he'll ever be _____."

And that sucks if you're me.... it's like watching your parents argue... it just sucks.

Nice wallpapers.

titwio
02-09-2012, 05:19 AM
Thanks for this...It makes me want to order Showtime cause that was a good discussion.

Seems like Phil was stumbling there when he said Peyton was going up against more dominant Patriots teams and was quickly reminded the Giants beat the MOST dominant Patriots team.

Jason made some good cases and points but even I'm not bold enough to say Eli is better than Peyton right now. His playoff record is indeed better and Eli did step up in a huge leadership role this year but....He needs to continue on this path before this even becomes a discussion IMO.

NYG4ME
02-09-2012, 05:35 AM
Just canceled showtime. Thanks for posting this, I never though very highly of Jason Whitlock. He's written alot of negative stuff about the giants and various unfavorable NFL topics before. Good to see he's hopping on the Eli bandwagon now as well.

Firenugget
02-09-2012, 07:18 AM
Phil is starting to sound downright stupid. He (Eli)didn't beat the dominant physical teams that Peyton played??

I'm disappointed watching that.

bluesince86
02-09-2012, 07:40 AM
I think Phil sounds a little bitter. Maybe its the way he was let go from the Giants or maybe its that he is having trouble accepting that Eli is having a better career as Giants QB than he did. I do think that if Eli keeps playing the way he did that he has a shot to end up the better Manning, but Im not sure he is there just yet. Very, Very close IMO, but his story isnt done yet.

GfieldGmen
02-09-2012, 10:08 AM
Colts were built for Peyton to get those stats. Giants were built for Eli to win these superbowls.

If Eli played for the Colts and Peyton play for the Giants. They would swap each other circumstances. Eli would have better stats, Peyton would have better playoff record and more superbowls.

CDN_G-FAN
02-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Listen, what continues to be brought up as to why Peyton and TB are better quarterbacks is "consistency".</P>

i think that over the last 5 years, Peyton and Brady have been far more consistent QBs. There's no reasonable argument there.</P>

I think what the real discussion is about is which do you value more? Consistency or big game performance?</P>

For me, and i think for most, big game performance is more important.</P>

SackingMyths
02-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Phil is starting to sound downright stupid. He (Eli)didn't beat the dominant physical teams that Peyton played??

I'm disappointed watching that.

That's true, because playing the AFC South teams 6 times a year vs. the NFC East teams means you're playing more physical teams...wait, what? [*-)]

All anyone needs to ask themselves when making the Peyton/Eli comparisons is, "Which do you think Peyton would rather have?"

A) 4 regular season MVP awards + 1 SB MVP awards

OR

B) 0 Regular season MVP awards + 2 SB MVP awards

I think we all know the answer to this one...

raintheory
02-09-2012, 10:59 AM
its just disappointing to hear phil talk negatively about eli like that, and jurt too who had a chance to play alongside eli and in a way mentor him.

what we are grossly forgetting is this the AFC in a whole sucked this year, no peyton manning, the dolphins got going really late in the wins section. the melt down in jets camp. rothlesberger not playing to his usual caliber this year, phillip rivers having a bad season, the emergence of a tim tebow as a ****ty QB that can miraculously win in the moment. i think the overall solid teams were the bengals who were a surprise and the ravens who had flacco as their QB and lets be honest hes not a winner i always thought matty ice was way better than him. not to forget the texans lost schaub at a critical moment in their run.

so brady with his 31 ranked defense had a cake schedule this year honestly too me.

you look at the NFC ina whole and its an uphill battle, emergence of 9ers as a threat, cowobys were looking good till they faced us as the only competition in the east, redskins were looking dangerous at the beginning of he season, saints, greenbay detroit, bears till cutler went down, falcons were looking good till they faced us in the wildcard round. and if only the panthers found a way to close out games they would of been dangerous. cam newton is crazy!

so while i will agree brady is an elite QB he is this like a man amongst ants in the AFC. Thats my IMHO

where as eli and co. had to fight for every win 8 comeback 4th quarter wins is not just a stat to throw around that tells you we were going up against tough opponents and it came down to the wire.

plus every analyst even deion was saying its tough to beat brady twice, which is true but not impossible.

so **** these tools including phil simms, eli didnt have a pass happy offense till the this year where he had no running game, we were going into the season with unprove TE's and the line sucked. im so sorry you played in the wrong era simms at least you got a ring marino who is ten times better than you didn't.

SackingMyths
02-09-2012, 11:06 AM
its just disappointing to hear phil talk negatively about eli like that, and jurt too who had a chance to play alongside eli and in a way mentor him.

what we are grossly forgetting is this the AFC in a whole sucked this year, no peyton manning, the dolphins got going really late in the wins section. the melt down in jets camp. rothlesberger not playing to his usual caliber this year, phillip rivers having a bad season, the emergence of a tim tebow as a ****ty QB that can miraculously win in the moment. i think the overall solid teams were the bengals who were a surprise and the ravens who had flacco as their QB and lets be honest hes not a winner i always thought matty ice was way better than him. not to forget the texans lost schaub at a critical moment in their run.

so brady with his 31 ranked defense had a cake schedule this year honestly too me.

you look at the NFC ina whole and its an uphill battle, emergence of 9ers as a threat, cowobys were looking good till they faced us as the only competition in the east, redskins were looking dangerous at the beginning of he season, saints, greenbay detroit, bears till cutler went down, falcons were looking good till they faced us in the wildcard round. and if only the panthers found a way to close out games they would of been dangerous. cam newton is crazy!

so while i will agree brady is an elite QB he is this like a man amongst ants in the AFC. Thats my IMHO

where as eli and co. had to fight for every win 8 comeback 4th quarter wins is not just a stat to throw around that tells you we were going up against tough opponents and it came down to the wire.

plus every analyst even deion was saying its tough to beat brady twice, which is true but not impossible.

so **** these tools including phil simms, eli didnt have a pass happy offense till the this year where he had no running game, we were going into the season with unprove TE's and the line sucked. im so sorry you played in the wrong era simms at least you got a ring marino who is ten times better than you didn't.

I just think the flaw in the argument is that by giving Eli and TC credit, you HAVE TO take credit away from Brady and Belichik. And to give Eli credit, you have to take the shine off of Peyton's star etc.

As a huge NYG fan and Eli supporter, I can still say that Brady and Peyton have had better careers as a whole.

But these comparisons are just annoying. Can't Eli, Peyton and Brady all just be "GREAT?" They've all earned that distinction, in my opinion, regardless of whether they are guaranteed a bust in Canton.

raintheory
02-09-2012, 11:14 AM

I just think the flaw in the argument is that by giving Eli and TC credit, you HAVE TO take credit away from Brady and Belichik. And to give Eli credit, you have to take the shine off of Peyton's star etc.

As a huge NYG fan and Eli supporter, I can still say that Brady and Peyton have had better careers as a whole.

But these comparisons are just annoying. Can't Eli, Peyton and Brady all just be "GREAT?" They've all earned that distinction, in my opinion, regardless of whether they are guaranteed a bust in Canton.

exactly after this when you talk about top 5 QB you have to enter Eli into that equation. consistency eli has been consistently getting better each year, i think they will forever hold his high interception season against him for the rest of his career, but they fail to realize tipped balls by receivers, shifting unsettled O-line all season, wide receivers dropping like flys all season. like come on.

peyton manning, Tom brady, Drew brees, Eli manning, ben rothlesberger, aaron rodgers. imho

DEgiants89
02-09-2012, 11:31 AM

I must agree about the whole questioning thing. That is truth amongst truths. But Peyton is a better QB but he is on the downward slide while Eli is on the upward slide.

GmenFan1980
02-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Watching this hurts my heart a little ;(.

I have no problem with Simms saying Peyton and Brady are better QB, but he seems to be trying too hard to lessen Eli's own accomplishments in the NFL and that just isn't right to me.

I hope he is being payed to act like skip bayless lol

Brandon jacobs
02-09-2012, 11:55 AM
I think there's alot of jealousy here in terms of people dissing Eli. I mean right now, Eli CLEARLY is a better QB than Simms was. He has done what NO OTHER QB in the history of this team has done.. won 2 superbowl rings.

Simms can suck it, YA tittle can suckit.. every former QB can suck it because Eli has done it. But that last offensive drive was Eli. the ball didn't get to manningham by itself.

stumms
02-09-2012, 12:57 PM
thanks for the upload really makes me sad watching phil be so jealous of eli. eli is elite eli will win atleast 1-2 more super bowls and be compared to the greatest once its all said and done.

burier
02-09-2012, 01:15 PM
its official.

The only way the Pats can win is if they cheat.

Annnd just when everyone was ready to look the other way.

I mean even on this GIANTS message board I've read some of the most disturbingly idiotic rationale as to why spygate wasn't a big deal.

Someone likened it to a speeding ticket!!!

Someone said it didn't offer an advantage (They just did it for fun)

God Bless the Giants for completely exposing those frauds.

swimeasy
02-09-2012, 01:29 PM
I think there's alot of jealousy here in terms of people dissing Eli. I mean right now, Eli CLEARLY is a better QB than Simms was. He has done what NO OTHER QB in the history of this team has done.. won 2 superbowl rings. Simms can suck it, YA tittle can suckit.. every former QB can suck it because Eli has done it. But that last offensive drive was Eli. the ball didn't get to manningham by itself.</P>

Agreed, really disappointed in Simms as well.It just defies logic that someone who was known for being classy comes across as so unjustly cutting on the topic of Eli. I wonder if there is also a bit of the tales of two quaterback sons going on there as in Eli and Chris as an undercurrent for Simms' bitterness.</P>

Eli came back with a quick response to Letterman re Peyton being a 4-time NFL MVP, so that was a pretty good indication of what he thinks of all these comparisons which is no surprise to us. It's just programming filler for the talking heads.As a fan of the Giants team, I'm more interested in them being in the hunt and seeking championships than individual players piling up stats that can be manipulated to support a point of view with the exception of who was in the win column. </P>

</P>

JJC7301
02-09-2012, 01:36 PM
First of all -- "Inside the NFL" is still on? What channel -- NFL Network? Please confirm because I loved that show back in the day and would love to watch again. Second, what did Whitlock say, generally?ShowTime. Brought up many things, but might not remember all. 1) Will paraphrase - This SB has the biggest affect on the NFL since SB 3. Because now we have to question Peyton, Brady, BB. The patriots have not won since spygate and have lost twice to Eli. BB and Bradys image have now been tarnished a bit. Eli now has 2 rings and his brother 1.James Brown I believed asked Jason if he felt Eli is better. Right now I do believe so He has 2 SB rings to Peytons 1. He is in his 8th year and is hitting his prime. Then Chris and Phil get on him. Chris says Peyton has (sapp gets involved to, on Elis side). 4 MVP trophies. Jason said and what does everyone play for? SB Trophies and Eli now has 2. He also said Peytons playoff numbers are horrible, and is a great regular season stat guy while Eli brings it in the playoffs and big games. He is 8-1 on the road. I can count jason says to one of those two idiots, while peyton is 9-10. And he added a bit more as well. Then Chris said but did you see the colts this year. Jason said yea and I blame Peyton, because he created that whole franchise to suit his style of play. Then chris said but he changed the game. and then some more back and forth. Then Phil went on how you cannot put Elis wins or that high up or something. Jason said He did beat and 18-0 team right? Phil says yea but he only done it once. He said Look at what Eli has accomplished in the same amount of time that peyton has done. And if he continues to win, he may surpass peyton when it is all said and done. And a bit more back and forth. I mean he really put it to them pretty nicely.</P>

Damn -- I don't have Showtime. Thanks for answering my questions and posting the link.</P>

"Only beat 18-0 once"?? Who else has can claim that?</P>

</P>

DEgiants89
02-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Watching this hurts my heart a little ;(.

I have no problem with Simms saying Peyton and Brady are better QB, but he seems to be trying too hard to lessen Eli's own accomplishments in the NFL and that just isn't right to me.

I hope he is being payed to act like skip bayless lol

yeah I thought so too...does he not love us anymore? :[

giantsfan420
02-09-2012, 01:49 PM

its like simms is trying to top his previous moronic statement. watching nfl network these past couple weeks, its absurd the stances simms takes..."well it was easy for eli to throw that pass bc they were throwing it short throughout the game so when they needed it, eli threw the pass to MM. NE had it tougher bc they threw it short all game and its harder to throw it deep when u do that"...wait, what?

he full out said both teams threw it short and then had to go deep. but for eli it was easy to do but for NE it was harder to do? HUH? and he said it in a way to kind of cheapen the play to MM.

he just continues to look for any pot shot to bring eli down a peg. its actually kind of sad. when he made the big stank about rome saying he felt eli was better in big games than anyone including peyton, i could kind of just ignore it even tho simms had no basis for the remarks he made. but comment after comment after comment is trying to just bring what eli did down.

at one point he goes, it was easy for the giants bc we have MM at 3rd wr. But doesn't brady have welker, gronk, hernandez, and branch? the same statements he applies to eli, doesn't apply to brady or peyton. its honestly just very very wierd. the whole 18-0 cheapening statement...it got to the point when collingsworth and sapp were saying how amazing eli has been, you could hear simms going "hmm-mm, hmm-mm" like trying to get the other analysts to finish talking to he could interject just how eli needs to be brought down a peg or two.

from just listening to simms and seeing his body language, i firmly believe he has a lil jealousy issue or something...just very very wierd and you'd think Simms would be the guy praising eli more than anyone else. hate to say it, but simms has come off as a smug, bitter, jealous, pompous idiot with a lot of his statements.

TrueBlue10
02-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Nice wallpapers.

Thanks, buddy! I enjoy making 'em.

EZ_E
02-09-2012, 02:13 PM

I totally agree with every thing. I was actually explaining that very point of the NFC being the stronger conference this year to my wife on the way to work Tuesday morning.

DragonSoul
02-09-2012, 04:36 PM
For anyone else interested in viewing/seeing this.