PDA

View Full Version : and the excuses pile on

rainierjef
02-09-2012, 01:41 AM
Report: Brady aggravated shoulder sprain in Super Bowl

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d826c9b02/article/report-brady-aggravated-shoulder-sprain-in-super-bowl?module=HP11_headline_stack

when will this team get credit for a had fought win, i have never seen another team that wins the bowl get the luck card pulled so much.

you wanna argue that the miracle throw and catch of SB42 fine

but really eli was on point this game, the defense bent but isn't break tis game and our running backs including jacobs showed up this game. come back player of the year chase blackburn showed up.

why can't it be the giants beat a great team for a great win, why over analyze everything as a what if / clause to winning situation.

i shouldn't care but as a fan i think eli took a lot of criticism this year for what he did last year and what he said in the beginning of the season, as well as tom coughlin of r the losses we've had during our hell stretch. just give us a humble credit man wtf

DragonSoul
02-09-2012, 02:01 AM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d826c9b02/article/report-brady-aggravated-shoulder-sprain-in-super-bowl?module=HP11_headline_stack

when will this team get credit for a had fought win, i have never seen another team that wins the bowl get the luck card pulled so much.

but really eli was on point this game, the defense bent but isn't break tis game and our running backs including jacobs showed up this game. come back player of the year chase blackburn showed up.

why can't it be the giants beat a great team for a great win, why over analyze everything as a what if / clause to winning situation.

i shouldn't care but as a fan i think eli took a lot of criticism this year for what he did last year and what he said in the beginning of the season, as well as tom coughlin of r the losses we've had during our hell stretch. just give us a humble credit man wtfNothing new. We are the only lucky team in the world. Apparently everyone else has no luck whats so ever and earned it on their merit.

After awhile you see the spiel and learn to ignore it. Not worth getting annoyed, or worked up.

M0rbid
02-09-2012, 02:36 AM
The guy *Tuck* who sacked him twice was playing with multiple injuries.

calzonesays
02-09-2012, 02:48 AM
Bradshaw was playing with cracked bones in his foot, no?

Didn't Nicks have an AC Joint sprain in his shoulder?

JDE123
02-09-2012, 08:17 AM
Good God, man, it's a news report about an injury. Perhaps you guys wouldn't feel so disrespected if you didn't find disrespect in every innocuous thing that is said or done.

nygsb42champs
02-09-2012, 08:19 AM
We got another ring. They can have all the excuses they want they can not change that!!!

GameTime
02-09-2012, 08:46 AM
Good God, man, it's a news report about an injury. Perhaps you guys wouldn't feel so disrespected if you didn't find disrespect in every innocuous thing that is said or done.
</P>

I agree...in no way did that article represent anything in the way of the Giants winning by luck or excuses. It said Brady further aggravated an existing injury and while it said his accuracy was off he was also "mared" by dropped passes. Dont get too flipped out by this article.</P>

<FONT color=#000000></FONT></P>

Mercury
02-09-2012, 08:49 AM
An outside perspective: We were a 9-7 team in the regular season. 9-7 teams are above average, not SB winners. We didn't deserve to be in the SB. It was all luck.

An inside perspective: We were a lot more talented than 9-7 regular season showed. The team got their act together, worked extra hard, and earned their wins by making their plays. The other team didn't make theirs when they needed to. And yes, luck was on our side. There were plenty of times things just bounced our way.

appletree943
02-09-2012, 11:31 AM
An outside perspective: We were a 9-7 team in the regular season. 9-7 teams are above average, not SB winners. We didn't deserve to be in the SB. It was all luck.

An inside perspective: We were a lot more talented than 9-7 regular season showed. The team got their act together, worked extra hard, and earned their wins by making their plays. The other team didn't make theirs when they needed to. And yes, luck was on our side. There were plenty of times things just bounced our way.
literally :)

raintheory
02-09-2012, 11:35 AM

reading comprehension is important in today's society.
<u>
If New England Patriots (http://www.nfl.com/teams/newenglandpatriots/profile?team=NE) quarterback Tom Brady (http://www.nfl.com/players/tombrady/profile?id=BRA371156) seemed off his game following a third-quarter</u> sack by Giants defensive end Justin Tuck (http://www.nfl.com/players/justintuck/profile?id=TUC056287) in Super Bowl XLVI (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012020500/2011/POST22/giants@patriots), <u>then a Wednesday report in the Boston Herald might have some of the answers Patriots fans are looking for</u>.
<u>
Many will point out, however, that Brady's passing was noticeably off following the sack.</u>
<u>He completed 7 of 17 passes</u> the rest of the way during a second half <u>
that was marred by several critical drops and several inaccurate throws
by Brady.</u>

so first we all were blaming welker including giselle.

then we blamed brady from throwing the ball a little bit behind welker, what about hernandez and branch's drops or the blackburn interception.

their blaming his shoulder injury, brady wasn't 100% in the rest of the third and 4th quarter therefore dropped passes or bad throws so we played an injured brady thats why we won. its real simple folk read between the lines. no reporter is just going to come outright and say it. boston fans as well as giants haters will interpret it the way i did and use it as ammo in debates to our win.

were already being called the luckiest team in nfl history get over yourself

thanks for playing.

raintheory
02-09-2012, 11:36 AM

literally :)

^ i rest my case

Pakman
02-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Good God, man, it's a news report about an injury.* Perhaps you guys wouldn't feel so disrespected if you didn't find disrespect in every innocuous thing that is said or done.

LOL. Welcome to the Giants Message Board where EVERYONE says we were lucky and EVERYONE disrespects us.

Can't go a day with out a thread about how Skip Bayless hates us and how everyone hates us.

Other than maybe one patriots fans..I have yet to hear one person say "The Giants were lucky" I must be missing something.

Husky
02-09-2012, 11:43 AM
The only thing we were Lucky about is that the Blown Call on Boothe's non Hold, didn't cost the Giants the game. That was a 7 to 10 pt swing.

sharick88
02-09-2012, 11:45 AM

i shouldn't care but as a fan i think eli took a lot of criticism this year for what he did last year and what he said in the beginning of the season, as well as tom coughlin of r the losses we've had during our hell stretch. just give us a humble credit man wtf
I don't give a **** what anyone says. That ring is ours and we earned it. Haters are going to hate. I bet NO ONE in that locker room cares about what people say about that title. G's up!!!

CTLadyBlue
02-09-2012, 11:45 AM
And, of course, if Gronk made that grab in the end zone, Brady's shoulder would be a non-issue

G-Man67
02-09-2012, 11:49 AM
i'm pretty sure that Brady didn't aggravate his shoulder sprain

from where i was standing, it appeared Justin Tuck aggravated his shoulder sprain, which last time i checked = FOOTBALL !!!!!

CDN_G-FAN
02-09-2012, 11:51 AM
it's like a conspiracy theory argument. they can't be refuted because they're not based on anything tangible.</P>

Pakman
02-09-2012, 12:01 PM
it's like a conspiracy theory argument.* they can't be refuted because they're not based on anything tangible.</P>

Confucius said "To fight strange doctringe does harm"

Kruunch
02-09-2012, 12:06 PM
They were lucky we didn't beat them by 3 scores.

Friggin refs.

JDE123
02-09-2012, 12:16 PM

<u>
If New England Patriots (http://www.nfl.com/teams/newenglandpatriots/profile?team=NE) quarterback Tom Brady (http://www.nfl.com/players/tombrady/profile?id=BRA371156) seemed off his game following a third-quarter</u> sack by Giants defensive end Justin Tuck (http://www.nfl.com/players/justintuck/profile?id=TUC056287) in Super Bowl XLVI (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012020500/2011/POST22/giants@patriots), <u>then a Wednesday report in the Boston Herald might have some of the answers Patriots fans are looking for</u>.
<u>
Many will point out, however, that Brady's passing was noticeably off following the sack.</u>
by Brady.</u>

then we blamed brady from throwing the ball a little bit behind welker, what about hernandez and branch's drops or the blackburn interception.

their blaming his shoulder injury, brady wasn't 100% in the rest of the third and 4th quarter therefore dropped passes or bad throws so we played an injured brady thats why we won. its real simple folk read between the lines. no reporter is just going to come outright and say it. boston fans as well as giants haters will interpret it the way i did and use it as ammo in debates to our win.

thanks for playing.

And by reading comprehension, you mean projecting your own insecurities onto everything you see?

First off, "marred by several critical drops" sort of flies in the face of your "logic."

And so what if the sack DID throw Brady off his game and result in poor throws? How is that luck? If we sack and injure your quarterback, that's your own stupid fault for not providing better protection.

In 2001, Tony Siragusa did a belly flop on Rich Gannon and took him out of the AFC Championship game - leading to the Ravens' SB appearance and victory over the Giants. There were a TON of articles about how that sack cost the Raiders the game, and I don't remember any Baltimore fans whining about not getting any respect.

Grow up, or grow a pair.

JDE123
02-09-2012, 12:27 PM

<u>
<u>
by Brady.</u>

thanks for playing.

And by reading comprehension, you mean projecting your own insecurities onto everything you see?

First off, "marred by several critical drops" sort of flies in the face of your "logic."

And so what if the sack DID throw Brady off his game and result in poor throws? How is that luck? If we sack and injure your quarterback, that's your own stupid fault for not providing better protection.

In 2001, Tony Siragusa did a belly flop on Rich Gannon and took him out of the AFC Championship game - leading to the Ravens' SB appearance and victory over the Giants. There were a TON of articles about how that sack cost the Raiders the game, and I don't remember any Baltimore fans whining about not getting any respect.

Grow up, or grow a pair.

You're also totally proving my point by starting your post with:

then we
blamed brady from throwing the ball a little bit behind welker, what
about hernandez and branch's drops or the blackburn interception.

None of that is written, implied, suggested, alluded to, hinted at, or tacitly assumed by this article - you guys are just seeing what you want to see so you can btch and moan.

AllHailEli
02-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Who cares anymore? We were way too dominant on that game. Eli was moving the ball effectively, it's just a shame that there were a couple of times we got stooped because there was no holding call and then the bad call that even Wilfork admitted. We should have been up about 10-18 points! The Patriots weren't all that impressive. They were lucky they got ahead on the first half. We totally owned the first half and we were able to overcome an 8-point deficit. They did not really score after the early mins in the 3rd. The Patriots are overmatched!

raintheory
02-09-2012, 01:04 PM
reading comprehension in school has failed you, but its cool let me explain without insults.

"so first we all were blaming welker including giselle."everyone blamed welker for that dropped pass, including giselle who made the comment about her husband not throwing and catching at the same time.

"marred buy several critical drops and several inaccurate throws by brady." AND is not the end of a sentence its a continuation. please don't try to twist it to your liking :)

hernendez and branch were not blamed for their dropped passes neither was brady. all the blame sort of fell on welker. brady un touched when it comes to whos at fault for the loss.

i see you've just joined thats cool but you were not here when all we heard was giants are lucky for SB42, or we were luck to get past the 49ers cause of kyle williams, or my personal favorite had romo been healthy we would not have won were lucky babin injured his hand, and now were lucky cause brady shoulder got nicked in the third quarter.

whenver there is an injury to a key player on an opposing team were luck to win, pats fans were already clamoring if we win were luck cause gronk wasn't going to be 100%. i deal with ignorant fans everyday cause where i work is a melting pot of people from all over the nation so i hear it day in and day out, plus i like to comment on nfl.com so you know the bias that's on there. i don't know where you've be but analyst are already saying well if he would of caught this, or if this would of been thrown a little to this side, the complexion of the game would have been different.

a frigging ref said " aww that would have been the game." after welker dropped the pass.
so buddy while this might sound like ***** and moaning to you. its valid to others, that just want the respect of a team that fought through a hard schedule against tough teams and biased referees.

grow a pair... yeah okay sure i'll remember that the next time i deploy to iraq smfh

raintheory
02-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Who cares anymore? We were way too dominant on that game. Eli was moving the ball effectively, it's just a shame that there were a couple of times we got stooped because there was no holding call and then the bad call that even Wilfork admitted. We should have been up about 10-18 points! The Patriots weren't all that impressive. They were lucky they got ahead on the first half. We totally owned the first half and we were able to overcome an 8-point deficit. They did not really score after the early mins in the 3rd. The Patriots are overmatched!
i completely agree, but like i said all of that gets foreshadowed cause americas love child brady was hurt so to most analyst, reporters and all non giants fans were lucky we came away with a narrow win of a 4 point margin

JJC7301
02-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Report: Brady aggravated shoulder sprain in Super Bowl http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d826c9b02/article/report-brady-aggravated-shoulder-sprain-in-super-bowl?module=HP11_headline_stack when will this team get credit for a had fought win, i have never seen another team that wins the bowl get the luck card pulled so much. you wanna argue that the miracle throw and catch of SB42 fine but really eli was on point this game, the defense bent but isn't break tis game and our running backs including jacobs showed up this game. come back player of the year chase blackburn showed up. why can't it be the giants beat a great team for a great win, why over analyze everything as a what if / clause to winning situation. i shouldn't care but as a fan i think eli took a lot of criticism this year for what he did last year and what he said in the beginning of the season, as well as tom coughlin of r the losses we've had during our hell stretch. just give us a humble credit man wtf</P>

Why should anyone care about his sprained shoulder? We won SB 25 with a backup QB and a backup RB.</P>

gumby742
02-09-2012, 02:56 PM
we're the world freaking champs. they can talk all they want, but it won't mean a damn thing.

raintheory
02-09-2012, 03:00 PM
we're the world freaking champs. they can talk all they want, but it won't mean a damn thing.

^This
i agree bro sometime its just a little frustrating that they try to find every inkling as to why we didn't just flat out win the game

raintheory
02-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Report: Brady aggravated shoulder sprain in Super Bowl http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d826c9b02/article/report-brady-aggravated-shoulder-sprain-in-super-bowl?module=HP11_headline_stack when will this team get credit for a had fought win, i have never seen another team that wins the bowl get the luck card pulled so much. you wanna argue that the miracle throw and catch of SB42 fine but really eli was on point this game, the defense bent but isn't break tis game and our running backs including jacobs showed up this game. come back player of the year chase blackburn showed up. why can't it be the giants beat a great team for a great win, why over analyze everything as a what if / clause to winning situation. i shouldn't care but as a fan i think eli took a lot of criticism this year for what he did last year and what he said in the beginning of the season, as well as tom coughlin of r the losses we've had during our hell stretch. just give us a humble credit man wtf</p>

Why should anyone care about his sprained shoulder? We won SB 25 with a backup QB and a backup RB.</p>

your right but you know how it is when it comes to brady and rogers for that matter. they are Zeus and Poseidon in the media's eyes

egyptian420
02-09-2012, 03:03 PM

^This
i agree bro sometime its just a little frustrating that they try to find every inkling as to why we didn't just flat out win the game

+2...I was talking to the bus driver today who's a hardcore Pats fan and he didn't mention anything about luck, he congratulated me and seemed depressed as hell

It's mostly idiots and other NFCE fans who play the "we got lucky" card, whichever the case, all I know is that Eli has 2 SB rings and was the SB MVP 2 times...which is something I'm sure about 28 teams in this league wish their QB had

nYg24
02-09-2012, 03:13 PM
Don't care. We won. World champs.

swimeasy
02-09-2012, 03:20 PM
i completely agree, but like i said all of that gets foreshadowed cause americas love child brady was hurt so to most analyst, reporters and all non giants fans were lucky we came away with a narrow win of a 4 point margin
</P>

I agree raintheory. After SB 42, they marched out articles about how muchBrady's ankle injury impacted his performance in that game as a justification for the loss.This just seems like some journalists are running the same Bradyphile playbook. Mr GQ can do no wrong and any real discussion about the aftermath of spygate exposures too scandalous.</P>

It frustrates me, but on the other hand I think it plays right into what fuels the Giants. The nobody believes in them but they believe in each other mentaility that helped them this season get through all the injuries. So I say keep it up talking/writing mediots and the Giants could very well get 'lucky' again next year. </P>