PDA

View Full Version : Jets congratulating GMen???

Billyde508
02-09-2012, 03:17 AM
I dont know... but I honestly think the jets organization is sincere (Rex Ryan No).. Ahh this is a hard one but in some ones ways I think the jets are supporting their city maybe to save face but its tough, I know we have a bitter rivalry and all but maybe the jets are happy for the title being in their city to??? Dont get me wrong I hate the jets more than anyone but that full page add is bugging me I just cant figure out the intention here...

SweetZombieJesus
02-09-2012, 07:30 AM
Please, this is so transparent. It shouts "Meeeee meeeee meeeeee!" at the point where the Giants are in a blinding afterglow of a championship. The Jets are trying to remind everybody they are out there by interjecting themselves even if just a tiny bit. A time like this is when the Jets should have their heads down and be silent as a mouse. Six weeks ago they were covering up our Super Bowl logos, now you think they are sincerely congratulating us? Come on.

Also note the two logos are the same size, implying equality, when it couldn't be further from the truth. If there was any humility and sincerity behind the ad, the Jet logo would not be on there at all or it would be much smaller.

Believe me, the Jets held meetings over running the ad and how big each logo would be and where they would be placed. No sincerity involved at all. It's a psy-op.

The Jets and particularly Woody Johnson crave the spotlight and being talked about. Since they can't do it the old fashioned way, by winning, they do it with a loudmouth coach and insincere newspaper ads.

Firenugget
02-09-2012, 08:08 AM
Anyone have a link for this? I'd like to see it lol.

bLuereverie
02-09-2012, 08:12 AM
Please, this is so transparent.* It shouts "Meeeee meeeee meeeeee!" at the point where the Giants are in a blinding afterglow of a championship.* The Jets are trying to remind everybody they are out there by interjecting themselves even if just a tiny bit.* A time like this is when the Jets should have their heads down and be silent as a mouse.* Six weeks ago they were covering up our Super Bowl logos, now you think they are sincerely congratulating us?* Come on.

Also note the two logos are the same size, implying equality, when it couldn't be further from the truth.* If there was any humility and sincerity behind the ad, the Jet logo would not be on there at all or it would be much smaller.

Believe me, the Jets held meetings over running the ad and how big each logo would be and where they would be placed.* No sincerity involved at all.* It's a psy-op.

The Jets and particularly Woody Johnson crave the spotlight and being talked about.* Since they can't do it the old fashioned way, by winning, they do it with a loudmouth coach and insincere newspaper ads.

More like your hatred for the team is transparent. Sorry, but this NYG/NYJ rivalry is perpetuated more by Giants fans, not these "insecure Jets" fans as everyone likes to say.

It was a single page in a newspaper. Hardly worth something that draws attention away from the Giants.

Firenugget
02-09-2012, 08:20 AM
Please, this is so transparent. It shouts "Meeeee meeeee meeeeee!" at the point where the Giants are in a blinding afterglow of a championship. The Jets are trying to remind everybody they are out there by interjecting themselves even if just a tiny bit. A time like this is when the Jets should have their heads down and be silent as a mouse. Six weeks ago they were covering up our Super Bowl logos, now you think they are sincerely congratulating us? Come on.

Also note the two logos are the same size, implying equality, when it couldn't be further from the truth. If there was any humility and sincerity behind the ad, the Jet logo would not be on there at all or it would be much smaller.

Believe me, the Jets held meetings over running the ad and how big each logo would be and where they would be placed. No sincerity involved at all. It's a psy-op.

The Jets and particularly Woody Johnson crave the spotlight and being talked about. Since they can't do it the old fashioned way, by winning, they do it with a loudmouth coach and insincere newspaper ads.

More like your hatred for the team is transparent. Sorry, but this NYG/NYJ rivalry is perpetuated more by Giants fans, not these "insecure Jets" fans as everyone likes to say.

It was a single page in a newspaper. Hardly worth something that draws attention away from the Giants.

oooh I dunno. I think you underestimate Rexy and Woody too for that matter.

I found the ad and I gotta agree about the logo lol. It's almost too obvious.
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/12755/video-jets-send-congrats-to-giants

nygsb42champs
02-09-2012, 09:16 AM
This is just another attempt to get some attention.

bLuereverie
02-09-2012, 09:34 AM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/239698/congrats-giants-from-jets.jpg

Why shouldn't they imply equality? Why should any professional team concede worth?

The logo is placed on the footer which acts no differently than a signature on Jets stationary. Had the Giants done the same, it would be a classy move. There are more people running the organization than Woody and Rex. Get off your high horse, you're all paranoid.

Mohann
02-09-2012, 09:42 AM
I think they've been humbled. They started with us and got embarrassed, and now they're eating crow and calling a truce. If they start talking **** again we'll know it's not sincere, but for now it seems to be and i'm OK with it.

G-Man67
02-09-2012, 09:43 AM
this is either their ownership setting an example of classiness to kinda send a message to their coaches and players

or it's more of the same and since i prefer to dislike them, i will go with the latter

OX1
02-09-2012, 09:52 AM
More like your hatred for the team is transparent. Sorry, but this NYG/NYJ rivalry is perpetuated more by Giants fans, not these "insecure Jets" fans as everyone likes to say. It was a single page in a newspaper. Hardly worth something that draws attention away from the Giants.</P>

Sorry, but the only reason I had to even think about the Jets at all before Ryan was a good friend who is a jets fan and rooted for the pats in the 07 (08)SB. Even with that, it was him, not the Jets org that irrated me. </P>

Now the blustery blowhard comes in attacking the giants every chance he gets. No question the jets started this one and they can take their congrats and stick them up their ***. </P>

</P>

egyptian420
02-09-2012, 09:58 AM

Why shouldn't they imply equality? Why should any professional team concede worth?

The logo is placed on the footer which acts no differently than a signature on Jets stationary. Had the Giants done the same, it would be a classy move. There are more people running the organization than Woody and Rex. Get off your high horse, you're all paranoid.
I do think it was a cry for attention, possibly to clean up their public perception. But I agree with you about the logo thing, I think people are thinking about it way too hard.

GameTime
02-09-2012, 10:07 AM
somewhere in the middle is the truth. Maybe some of saving face and some of attention grabbing too. </P>

It is a "good" gesture if not sincere. The Giants logo is "on top" where it should be. No issue with the Jets having their logo on the "bottom" where it should be...(lol)</P>

The Jets have a long long way to go to even be considered on par with the Giants org in mnay ways.</P>

They can say what they want be it good or be it Rex spouting BS but the reality is known by all. </P>

</P>

Mohann
02-09-2012, 10:12 AM
More like your hatred for the team is transparent. Sorry, but this NYG/NYJ rivalry is perpetuated more by Giants fans, not these "insecure Jets" fans as everyone likes to say. It was a single page in a newspaper. Hardly worth something that draws attention away from the Giants.</p>

Sorry, but the only reason I had to even think about the Jets at all before Ryan was a good friend who is a jets fan and rooted for the pats in the 07 (08)SB. Even with that, it was him, not the Jets org that irrated me. </p>

Now the blustery blowhard comes in attacking the giants every chance he gets. No question the jets started this one and they can take their congrats and stick them up their ***. </p>

</p>

Absolutely the Jets and their fans started it. We were minding our own business and Rex started it, and the team and their fans joined in.

SweetZombieJesus
02-09-2012, 10:13 AM

Nope, sorry, you just don't understand the loser mentality of the Jets organization, players, and fan base like I do.

Again, if they are so magnanimous why were they covering up the Giants' Super Bowl logos a mere 6 weeks ago? The Jets are OBSESSED with one-upping the Giants. It used to just be the fans but since Woody Johnson bought the team it's been from the owner on down. Then you have the blowhard coach talking about how the Jets are better and will be for 10 years in his book that just came out last year.

The Jets haven't played in over a month why are we talking about them? Because of this ad. Mission accomplished.

GameTime
02-09-2012, 10:14 AM
More like your hatred for the team is transparent. Sorry, but this NYG/NYJ rivalry is perpetuated more by Giants fans, not these "insecure Jets" fans as everyone likes to say. It was a single page in a newspaper. Hardly worth something that draws attention away from the Giants.</P>

Sorry, but the only reason I had to even think about the Jets at all before Ryan was a good friend who is a jets fan and rooted for the pats in the 07 (08)SB. Even with that, it was him, not the Jets org that irrated me. </P>

Now the blustery blowhard comes in attacking the giants every chance he gets. No question the jets started this one and they can take their congrats and stick them up their ***. </P>

</P>

Absolutely the Jets and their fans started it. We were minding our own business and Rex started it, and the team and their fans joined in.
</P>

dude...you sound like a 4th grader......"they started it"......lol</P>

SweetZombieJesus
02-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Why shouldn't they imply equality?

Because they are a poorly run loser franchise that did NOT just win a Super Bowl. In pro sports you are judged by winning, and championships especially.

There is no semblance of equality between these two organizations, either on legacy or on current performance.

SweetZombieJesus
02-09-2012, 10:19 AM
I do think it was a cry for attention, possibly to clean up their public perception. But I agree with you about the logo thing, I think people are thinking about it way too hard.

If you know anything about marketing, a lot of thought went into this ad in general and size and placement of logos in particular. Believe me there were hours of meetings over these decisions and making the Jets logo the same size as the Giants is a psychological ploy to imply equality when there is none.

Good ad copy is just as much about what you are implying psychologically via pictures and layout without saying a word, as it is about the actual text.

gumby742
02-09-2012, 10:20 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

lol they did. if Rex didn't run his mouth, i would have no problems with the Jets.</P>

Moss#83
02-09-2012, 10:21 AM
I used to like the Jets during the Pacells and Herm years. They had a class act and HOF in Curtis Martin and could've won some big games if Pennington didn't throw like a 5th grader.

After they hired their pot bellied coach and the fans decided to boast about making AFC title games that respect went away. Hopefully they can keep their mouths shut and not celebrate so early.

I think the Pats and Jets have both been humbled by us this year.

bLuereverie
02-09-2012, 10:23 AM

Nope, sorry, you just don't understand the loser mentality of the Jets organization, players, and fan base like I do.

Again, if they are so magnanimous why were they covering up the Giants' Super Bowl logos a mere 6 weeks ago?* The Jets are OBSESSED with one-upping the Giants.* It used to just be the fans but since Woody Johnson bought the team it's been from the owner on down.* The Jets haven't played in over a month why are we talking about them?

Exactly. Why are you? This was all one huge ploy to grab attention, huh? Attention from who? Only ones giving it any stock are in this board.

Ever think this "loser mentality" is your own psychological projection on another? The Giants just won and you still have the need to have them validated through the crucifixion of another team and their fanbase. Let it go. It was a single page amongst hundreds congratulating the Giants on their title.

SweetZombieJesus
02-09-2012, 10:25 AM
Exactly. Why are you? This was all one huge ploy to grab attention, huh? Attention from who? Only ones giving it any stock are in this board.

Ever think this "loser mentality" is your own psychological projection on another? The Giants just won and you still have the need to have them validated through the crucifixion of another team and their fanbase. Let it go. It was a single page amongst hundreds congratulating the Giants on their title.

Wow, you don't understand a thing about marketing or public image management.

You still didn't answer about the black curtains 6 weeks ago... Let's hear your thoughts.

bLuereverie
02-09-2012, 10:27 AM

Because they are a poorly run loser franchise that did NOT just win a Super Bowl.* In pro sports you are judged by winning, and championships especially.*

There is no semblance of equality between these two organizations, either on legacy or on current performance.

Right, so they should admit inferiority in the largest media market in the world, and sacrifice the fans that pay their bills? There goes your knowledge of "marketing".

SweetZombieJesus
02-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Right, so they should admit inferiority in the largest media market in the world, and sacrifice the fans that pay their bills? There goes your knowledge of "marketing".

They handle it by SHUTTING UP and preparing for the 2012 season. Not by printing an ad (presumably paid for by Jet fans PSLs) that shouts ME ME ME, LOOK AT ME! Why are the Jets trying to make it about themselves?

http://members.fortunecity.com/sierra_tango/elmo.gif

bLuereverie
02-09-2012, 10:29 AM

You still didn't answer about the black curtains 6 weeks ago...* Let's hear your thoughts.

#1 I'm an architect/graphic designer. There is NOTHING from a graphic stand point that should warrant disrespect. You're paranoid.

#2 They were playing a home game and wanted to give the appearance as such. Done.

bLuereverie
02-09-2012, 10:30 AM

They handle it by SHUTTING UP and preparing for the 2012 season.* Not by printing an ad that shouts ME ME ME, LOOK AT ME!

http://members.fortunecity.com/sierra_tango/elmo.gif

You mean like how the Nets/Knicks jostled for billboard territory? They congratulated the Giants in a win. It's a nonstory. Let it go.

SweetZombieJesus
02-09-2012, 10:35 AM
#1 I'm an architect/graphic designer. There is NOTHING from a graphic stand point that should warrant disrespect. You're paranoid.

#2 They were playing a home game and wanted to give the appearance as such. Done.

I studied Computer Science but minored in marketing in college; and it kicked off an amateur study of psychological mass manipulation via advertising and other media since then (subliminal advertising, propaganda, et al). Also learned a few things about publishing and layout by serving on the yearbook staff such as strategic placement of stories, orientation of photographs, etc. Things like implied dominance by angle of photography, et al. You may not notice, but your brain does.

#2, it speaks for itself, they suffer an inferiority complex. In their minds, for them to win they have to erase the Giants first.

bLuereverie
02-09-2012, 10:41 AM

I minored in marketing in college and it kicked off an amateur study of psychological mass manipulation via advertising and other media since then (subliminal advertising, propaganda, et al).* Also learned a few things about publishing and layout in college such as strategic placement of stories, orientation of photographs, etc.* Things like implied dominance by angle of photography, et al.* You don't notice, but your brain does.

#2, it speaks for itself, they suffer an inferiority complex.*

Your minor vs. my career
This isn't a mass branding campaign by a conglomerate giant infiltrating societal fabric. It's a single page in a newspaper. Did you cover sublimation at all in your psych class? You're still paranoid.

GameTime
02-09-2012, 10:43 AM
Exactly. Why are you? This was all one huge ploy to grab attention, huh? Attention from who? Only ones giving it any stock are in this board. Ever think this "loser mentality" is your own psychological projection on another? The Giants just won and you still have the need to have them validated through the crucifixion of another team and their fanbase. Let it go. It was a single page amongst hundreds congratulating the Giants on their title.

You still didn't answer about the black curtains 6 weeks ago... Let's hear your thoughts.
#1 I'm an architect/graphic designer. There is NOTHING from a graphic stand point that should warrant disrespect. You're paranoid. #2 They were playing a home game and wanted to give the appearance as such. Done.</P>

I agree that the add is not something to get too over hyped about. BUT....the home game aspect you mention is BS here because they were playing the Giants. Its their house too, their locker room, and their SB wins. So in this situation they shouldn't have been covered up....but thats just me.</P>

bLuereverie
02-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Exactly. Why are you? This was all one huge ploy to grab attention, huh? Attention from who? Only ones giving it any stock are in this board. Ever think this "loser mentality" is your own psychological projection on another? The Giants just won and you still have the need to have them validated through the crucifixion of another team and their fanbase. Let it go. It was a single page amongst hundreds congratulating the Giants on their title.

You still didn't answer about the black curtains 6 weeks ago...* Let's hear your thoughts.
#1 I'm an architect/graphic designer. There is NOTHING from a graphic stand point that should warrant disrespect. You're paranoid. #2 They were playing a home game and wanted to give the appearance as such. Done.</P>

*I agree that the add is not something to get too over hyped about. BUT....the home game aspect you mention is BS here because they were playing the Giants. Its their house too, their locker room, and their SB wins. So in this situation they shouldn't have been covered up....but thats just me.</P>

I thought it was a bad move too. But it's still a stretch to link that event with this current NYDN spread.

bansaw
02-09-2012, 10:52 AM

The logo is placed on the footer which acts no differently than a signature on Jets stationary. Had the Giants done the same, it would be a classy move. There are more people running the organization than Woody and Rex. Get off your high horse, you're all paranoid.thats what this is about?

lol

I think its nice

bansaw
02-09-2012, 10:57 AM
they way they lowered the CONGRATULATIONS is smart too
you leave that centered it stands out too much like they are ecstatic you won
bleed it into the white says congrats without looking happy about it

jhamburg
02-09-2012, 10:59 AM

Because they are a poorly run loser franchise that did NOT just win a Super Bowl.* In pro sports you are judged by winning, and championships especially.*

LOL I don't know why you guys still have to hate on the Jets so much. It's like you're a millionaire movie star and your younger brother is an unemployed alcoholic, and you still bring up all his failures at Christmas dinner.

GameTime
02-09-2012, 11:01 AM

I agree that the add is not something to get too over hyped about. BUT....the home game aspect you mention is BS here because they were playing the Giants. Its their house too, their locker room, and their SB wins. So in this situation they shouldn't have been covered up....but thats just me.</P>

I thought it was a bad move too. But it's still a stretch to link that event with this current NYDN spread.</P>

The Jets have the "little brother complex" as they should. They were the expansion team. They never reached the hights of the Giants on the field and off the field. I dont really remember too much in history when thet really really pushed the issue though......Until now!! Rex Ryan, as good of a coach as some may think, has a lot to learn about what to say and how to say it. I understand him not wanting to be second fiddle. Well....just saying it doesnt make it so. It actually puts more light on the subject. He said it about the Pats and he said about the Giants. </P>

After this season he says there are things they can and will clean up in the locker. His mouth better be one of them for the good of his team and franchise. The hired him because of "who and what" he is and thats ok. He can still be the same person the same coach and still mouth off but just choose more wisely on what he mouth's off about. If I was the owner I would tell him in no uncertain terms to STFU about the Giants and anything regarding the Jets getting to the SB. </P>

jazzman
02-09-2012, 11:27 AM
Also looks like a little damage control with a bit of sucking up mixed in.
After all the talk and disrespect they threw our way, they are trying to figure out how to co-exist with the champs while trying to save some face

speedman
02-09-2012, 11:32 AM

Again, if they are so magnanimous why were they covering up the Giants' Super Bowl logos a mere 6 weeks ago?* The Jets are OBSESSED with one-upping the Giants.* It used to just be the fans but since Woody Johnson bought the team it's been from the owner on down.* The Jets haven't played in over a month why are we talking about them?

Ever think this "loser mentality" is your own psychological projection on another? The Giants just won and you still have the need to have them validated through the crucifixion of another team and their fanbase. Let it go. It was a single page amongst hundreds congratulating the Giants on their title.What planet did you fall off?

speedman
02-09-2012, 11:33 AM

LOL I don't know why you guys still have to hate on the Jets so much. It's like you're a millionaire movie star and your younger brother is an unemployed alcoholic, and you still bring up all his failures at Christmas dinner.Because of their big mouth coach.

Hostetler
02-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Really?? A three page thread about how the Jets congratulated us???? Really???!!!</P>

</P>

Wether or not it is a media grab by them, we just won the freaking superbowl, the First for the new stadium, our second in 5 years, with Eli getting his second SB MVB and we have a 3 page thread about the Jets????</P>

</P>

The Jets are a non-entity at this point enjoy the victory and ignore them.</P>

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-09-2012, 11:59 AM
This ad should have been prepared 2 weeks ago when the Giants were going to the superbowl and run the day after. That would be classy on the Jits part, but 3 days after????? That just says to me that they were looking for attention making sure that new york city realizes that there is another team in new york.

Mohann
02-09-2012, 12:03 PM
More like your hatred for the team is transparent. Sorry, but this NYG/NYJ rivalry is perpetuated more by Giants fans, not these "insecure Jets" fans as everyone likes to say. It was a single page in a newspaper. Hardly worth something that draws attention away from the Giants.</p>

Sorry, but the only reason I had to even think about the Jets at all before Ryan was a good friend who is a jets fan and rooted for the pats in the 07 (08)SB. Even with that, it was him, not the Jets org that irrated me. </p>

Now the blustery blowhard comes in attacking the giants every chance he gets. No question the jets started this one and they can take their congrats and stick them up their ***. </p>

</p>

</p>

dude...you sound like a 4th grader......"they started it"......lol</p>

Maybe I am a fourth grader. Even fourth graders know don't dish it out if you can't take it, don't start something you can't finish.

Mohann
02-09-2012, 12:07 PM

Because they are a poorly run loser franchise that did NOT just win a Super Bowl. In pro sports you are judged by winning, and championships especially.

LOL I don't know why you guys still have to hate on the Jets so much. It's like you're a millionaire movie star and your younger brother is an unemployed alcoholic, and you still bring up all his failures at Christmas dinner.

Actually a better example is we were politely eating our turkey dinner when our worthless brother threw stuffing at us.

jhamburg
02-09-2012, 12:57 PM

LOL I don't know why you guys still have to hate on the Jets so much. It's like you're a millionaire movie star and your younger brother is an unemployed alcoholic, and you still bring up all his failures at Christmas dinner.*

Actually a better example is we were politely eating our turkey dinner when our worthless brother threw stuffing at us.

I agree, that's what the franchise does, they are all class. But some of the fans here have like this passionate hate for the Jets that seems over the top.

Mohann
02-09-2012, 01:20 PM

I agree, that's what the franchise does, they are all class. But some of the fans here have like this passionate hate for the Jets that seems over the top.

If the Giants weren't in the playoffs the first team I would root for is the Jets, at least it used to be like that. My jet fan friends started mouthing off to me when Rex started in the press. I didn't get it. We used to watch jets games together and got along and had a great time and out of no where this ****. I always root against the Jets now and rub it in to my friends when they lose, but if they stop the crap i'm willing to call a truce.

OX1
02-09-2012, 02:43 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

It is quite fitting for the childish crap the jets have been spewing/pulling for the last 3 years. </P>

</P>

OX1
02-09-2012, 02:53 PM

</P>

LOL!!................ all the while spewing loudly about his next Emmy being a lock.........</P>

</P>