PDA

View Full Version : The David Tyree "Helmet Catch" football is in Plaxico Buress' house...

G-Men4Supes
02-09-2012, 02:24 AM
Just heard Rich Eisen's podcast on NFL.com, and he tells of seeing Plax and Tyree sitting together in Indy last week (at a dinner Wednesday night). Apparently, they told Rich that the ball from Tyree's catch could not be substituted because of "the two minute drill" (maybe just meaning the clock had under 2:00 left). So the same ball Tyree caught on perhaps the greatest play in Super Bowl history was kept on the field and used for the winning TD to Plax. That's why Plax has it.

dave56dj
02-09-2012, 03:36 AM
um ok - id rather it be at giants stadium - but im ok with plax having it - his TD was the clincher and he was absolutely outstanding for us that year.

Im also glad our new crop of receivers are so talented and seemingly very humble.

TrueBlue10
02-09-2012, 04:08 AM
Well, at least we know the ball will be for sale to the public in 20 years when Plax blows all his money.

I've been wrong before... but he just strikes me as that kind of player.

nygpolishpunk
02-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Well, at least we know the ball will be for sale to the public in 20 years when Plax blows all his money.

I'm not so sure. He's been really humbled by the events of the past few years and his own stupid mistakes. Plus I really appreciated him pulling for his former teammates and friends to win another one.

Mohann
02-09-2012, 11:31 AM

5 years, ten tops.

TrueBlue10
02-09-2012, 02:04 PM

I'm not so sure. He's been really humbled by the events of the past few years and his own stupid mistakes. Plus I really appreciated him pulling for his former teammates and friends to win another one.

Hey, man, I hope you're right!

Well, at least we know the
ball will be for sale to the public in 20 years when Plax blows all his
money.

5 years, ten tops.

lol!!