PDA

View Full Version : One of My Favorite "Sound FX" Moments...

ru_gmen55
02-09-2012, 03:46 AM
Just before the GW drive, Bill BelIchick saying "take care of Nicks and Cruz...make this drive about Manningham and Pascoe."

Boy did he underestimate Manningham's big play ability! Of course, after missing a couple of big play opportunities earlier in the game, I think we all were at that point.

ELIteManning
02-09-2012, 03:55 AM
http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2488253.aspx

ru_gmen55
02-09-2012, 04:01 AM
http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2488253.aspx

Ah thanks. I actually looked to see if a specific topic existed and couldn't find one...guess I didn't look hard enough.

TheAussieGiant
02-09-2012, 05:54 AM
I turned to my brother after Manningham's first catch and said "Eli's just getting Manningham's confidence up".

And we all know how good Manningham plays when he's got his confidence is soaring.

nygfanmaybe
02-09-2012, 06:55 AM
You know...hindsight is 20/20...but after watching some of the replay last night, it was obvious that the Giants were relaxed and confident and the Pats were nervous. At least it was obvious to me.

When I heard Brady hollering before the game, I could not believe what I was hearing...and I realized a lot of his teammates must have heard it, too.

I just wish I woulda heard that before I saw the game live...I woulda been more confident myself.

bansaw
02-09-2012, 07:01 AM
starting my 3rd watch (lol) but mine so far is Brady and Welker talking before and Welker says I'm open every play

next time he'll be sure to say he'll catch it as well...he forgot that part haha

bansaw
02-09-2012, 07:07 AM
It's like throwing in a forest dude, that guys arms are like ... *amazement silence

JPP is a BEAST

CDN_G-FAN
02-09-2012, 07:10 AM
Just before the GW drive, Bill BelIchick saying "take care of Nicks and Cruz...make this drive about Manningham and Pascoe."

Boy did he underestimate Manningham's big play ability! Of course, after missing a couple of big play opportunities earlier in the game, I think we all were at that point.

i don't think he underestimated manningham at all.

he had to pick his poison,

its better than covering manningham and pascoe and making us throw to Cruz and Nicks !!!!!

you can't double cover everyone.

bansaw
02-09-2012, 07:13 AM
For those of us who couldn't see it, here it is on NFL.com.

Part 1 (http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-giants/09000d5d826c94b4/SB-XLVI-Sound-FX-Giants-strike-first)
Part 2 (http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-giants/09000d5d826c94b6/SB-XLVI-Sound-FX-Patriots-fire-back)
Part 3 (http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-giants/09000d5d826ca6b7/SB-XLVI-Sound-FX-A-physical-battle)
Part 4 (http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-giants/09000d5d826ca796/SB-XLVI-Sound-FX-A-Giant-drive)

links thread was falling off the page

bansaw
02-09-2012, 07:23 AM

its better than covering manningham and pascoe and making us throw to Cruz and Nicks !!!!!

you can't double cover everyone.how poetic the grab comes down right in front of him too.

he knew

titwio
02-09-2012, 07:26 AM
Did Tom Brady really say "we're not going to score" when the Patriots we're saying to let the Giants in the end zone?

Did I hear that right?

bansaw
02-09-2012, 07:28 AM
Did Tom Brady really say "we're not going to score" when the Patriots we're saying to let the Giants in the end zone?

Did I hear that right?he meant they will kneel down short

titwio
02-09-2012, 07:40 AM

Did I hear that right?he meant they will kneel down short

Oh ok, gotcha....thanks

nygsb42champs
02-09-2012, 08:13 AM
that was good stuff. I also liked Vince Wilfork telling the ref that he made a bad call and Boothe did not hold him.

CDN_G-FAN
02-09-2012, 09:31 AM
that was good stuff. I also liked Vince Wilfork telling the ref that he made a bad call and Boothe did not hold him.</P>

there's some people on here spitting acid they're so made at this, but i thought that was a real cool moment (less cool if we lost obviously !).</P>

I want these refs talking to players and asking if they got the call right.</P>

And its in a players best interest to try and tell the truth too. they're going to review the tape and if they think they've got some player that embellishes calls, and then lies about it to a ref's face, he's going to have a hard time getting the benefit of the doubt in the future.</P>

bansaw
02-09-2012, 09:38 AM
I gave Wilfork mad props even during the game because it hurt but that`s a Veteran Move

stuff like that changes games and the best know when to use their One Time move, that was his

I think he`s great...I still dont like his eye poke at all but I think he`s past that stuff now

Wily Vets, gotta love them

Ruttiger711
02-09-2012, 09:46 AM
that was good stuff. I also liked Vince Wilfork telling the ref that he made a bad call and Boothe did not hold him.</P>

there's some people on here spitting acid they're so made at this, but i thought that was a real cool moment (less cool if we lost obviously !).</P>

And its in a players best interest to try and tell the truth too. they're going to review the tape and if they think they've got some player that embellishes calls, and then lies about it to a ref's face, he's going to have a hard time getting the benefit of the doubt in the future.</P>

</P>

Not only that, the head ref (Parry) really did all he could... he asked the ref who threw the flag if he was sure... because he saw it differently. There's no conspiracy, its human error/interpretation... and Im not even sure if the ref who threw the flag doesnt throw it again if he's a full time employee like people are asking for. </P>

Pats fans are all up in arms about the safety call .. neither side are necessarily happy. What's great about the SoundFX vid too is Brady admitting he "threw it away to nobody" .</P>

</P>

CDN_G-FAN
02-09-2012, 10:06 AM

</P>

Not only that, the head ref (Parry) really did all he could... he asked the ref who threw the flag if he was sure... because he saw it differently. There's no conspiracy, its human error/interpretation... and Im not even sure if the ref who threw the flag doesnt throw it again if he's a full time employee like people are asking for. </P>

Pats fans are all up in arms about the safety call .. neither side are necessarily happy. What's great about the SoundFX vid too is Brady admitting he "threw it away to nobody" .</P>

</P>

</P>

the smarter pats fans on the board are pointing out that 'intent' has no place on an intentional grounding call.</P>

throwing the ball where there's no conceivable receiving option is grounding, even if a player screwed up a route.</P>

this sound FX puts such a human element and flavor to something that most of us watch and see as relatively robotic.</P>

ru_gmen55
02-09-2012, 10:19 AM

you can't double cover everyone.how poetic the grab comes down right in front of him too.

he knew

Oh yeah I agree...underestimating was probably the wrong word. As I have seen other people say, BB's thing is to shut down the big play guys, and to allow guys with lesser roles to "beat you." for exampe, the legendary "let Thurman Thomas gain 100 yards in this game" game plan in SBXXV.

It was just funny how he said that, and literally the FIRST PLAY was a almost 40-yard catch that essentially gave the Giants the momentum for good...and the catch was literally directly in front of BB. Couldn't have felt good for him!

ru_gmen55
02-09-2012, 10:20 AM
It's like throwing in a forest dude, that guys arms are like ...* *amazement silence

JPP is a BEAST

This one made me laugh too. It's true...the dude's a FREAK. So excited to watch him develop into a major force in the game.

GameTime
02-09-2012, 10:23 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

the smarter pats fans on the board are pointing out that 'intent' has no place on an intentional grounding call.</P>

throwing the ball where there's no conceivable receiving option is grounding, even if a player screwed up a route.</P>

<FONT color=#000080 size=4>this sound FX puts such a human element and flavor to something that most of us watch and see as relatively robotic.</FONT></P>

</P>

well put.....It is a very cool thing....</P>